(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7169 2 years ago
Quoted from FieldDog1:

Hi all, having a bit of trouble with the magnet save blowing the fuse. I was able to reduce the time for the save through the menu settings but it keeps blowing the fuse for some reason. It works for around 3-4 times then the fuse blows. Any other ideas on how to remedy this? Thanks all!

Are you sure you're using the proper type fuse? I.e. Slow blow vs Fast blow

If you've got the proper type and rating on the fuse then you might need to replace the coil.

#7172 2 years ago
Quoted from FieldDog1:

Yes def made sure it’s the same fuse type and I replaced the entire magnet coil. Not sure what else might cause this.

Oh, I missed you mentioning you replaced the coil too.. So yea, that's weird. I'll have to go take a look at what else is in the circuit on mine. When you replaced the part, did you just use what was under the PF or did you look up the part# and order that? (Just in case someone threw in the wrong part in the past). I'm probably asking already answered questions...

#7173 2 years ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Hi there guys,
I’ve realized that my scoop strength is not the same it used to. It works but you feel that its not as strong as you expect. I havent checked deeply the scoop or under the playfield but…any clue?
Thanks

Is it always weaker or only after playing a few games? Start by validating your power supply voltages... FYI -Having a feeling it's weaker is awfully vague though so it's going to be easy to end up on a wild goose chase.

#7175 2 years ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Always. All other coils are fine.

Check to make sure that the coil plunger tip (that contacts the ball) isn't mashed or deformed. Look the part up on Marco's site to compare. Also make sure all the screws securing the coil are tight and the coil isn't loose in the mount.

If it's all tight and the tip isn't mashed I'd replace the coil sleeve. If none of that works it might be the coil.

#7177 2 years ago
Quoted from FieldDog1:

Found the problem! Stupid issue on my end, the guy before me put wrong fuse, had a 2A vs 3A which I needed. When in doubt always resort to the manual. I appreciate your help!

LOL, one of the few times I've heard of someone under-rating when replacing a fuse... Most times its a nail or tinfoil. Glad you got it sorted!

3 weeks later
#7198 2 years ago

Yea, and it's all knackered up too. Should look like this:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7201 2 years ago
Quoted from CrabbyPatty:

Howdy, got a question. So I am nearing the end of my wcs major restoration and I can't find any definitive idea on how thick the washers need to be between the soccer ball motor mount and the motor. Any one help clue me in?
[quoted image]

I've not had my WCS apart in years but the gear on that shaft looks stripped/shot. I don't think adding more washers is going to help. Yep.. see this post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-ball-squealwhine-noise#post-5916270

I'd bet the gearbox is toast too if the drive gear looks like that. Though sometimes they make the drive gear out of a softer metal so that it wears rather than the box. I believe you can access the gears if you remove the mounting plate and access from the "top" side.

1 week later
#7231 2 years ago
Quoted from planet4:

After months of work I am almost done. Very happy with the result! Now I just have one error left that disappeared for a while but now came back. Check diverter. I know this topic has been discussed before so I will take some time later to read all the posts. However. The pinball was non working when I got it. Now I have:
New decals
Powder coated parts
Pinsound & shaker
New ramps
Many other replaced parts
I just uploaded my remastered sound pack to pinsound if someone wants it.
So thank you everyone here for inspiration and help!
I have posted some on my page found at https://www.planet4.se/ if you want to read more.
[quoted image]

Nice work! Who did you purchase you cabinet decals from?

#7235 2 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Anybody an idea how I can get rid of this broken /glued screw in this assembly?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Heat, liquid wrench, and patience.

#7250 2 years ago
Quoted from CrabbyPatty:

So, I am installing top side pop bumpers and a screw just broke off in the playfied. Any suggestions on how to safely remove it?
[quoted image]

The concerns here are many. I'm assuming there's some screw above the PF surface. But even with that you're in for a fight. The screw is small so there's not much actual screw to work with and it's in there tight enough to break the shaft as well. You'll probably get one chance at an alternate extraction method before you're hosed and have to "dig" it out. If you can't grab it with needle nose pliers as Kevlar51 suggests (or a small pair of vice grips) you may be able to cut/grind it to help the process by providing a better surface to grab it with. But both of these options remove some of the screw so that's going to make it more fragile.

I've had success by cutting/grinding the shaft in the following 2 ways in the past. But with such a small screw diameter there's not much room to work with:

1. grind two flat spots on either side of screw (flat spots would be parallel to each other) with a Dremmel tool and then use the pliers/vice grips to grip on the flats and carefully back it out.
  2. cut/grind a small grove into the shaft of the screw with a Dremmel tool and then use a flat blade screwdriver to carefully back it out.

If you score the PF with the Dremmel it's not a huge issue as it's under the bumper. But I do understand the pain that would cause.

I'm interested to hear of other ideas as I'm probably missing some easier method.

#7252 2 years ago
Quoted from CrabbyPatty:

Yeah, I agree with everything you are saying. It was a predrilled hole and I barely torqued and it broke flat with the playfield lol.. I am going to look at all of the dremel bits in the known universe and see what will work best. I am thinking of trying to grind it out
Of existence. It's such a bs thing to try and deal with!

Lots of ways to go since it's flush too.

The biggest problem with grinding or drilling it out is the bit wandering into the softer wood that's all around it. If you could clamp everything steady drilling/grinding it out could work.

You could work from the bottom of the PF and try to drill out the wood around the screw. Slowly with small bits that will deflect around the screw shaft. You'd not drill any deeper than say 3/4s of the PF thickness. The idea being you're removing all the wood from around the screw from the underside. If you're careful you might be able to drill out enough around the screw that you could gently push it through from the top. Then you could carefully clean up the mess left from the boring exercise by drilling the hole out to the size of a dowel, again not going all the way through. You'd back fill the hole with the matching wood dowel - glue and tap it in to set. Then re-drill the pilot from the top. That would preserve the upper PF condition, get the thing out, and fix the mess from the underside.

#7255 2 years ago
Quoted from CrabbyPatty:

This is a solid approach me thinks. This is such a nonsense thing to have happened. I was looking at soldering a skinny nail shaft to it like Toine79 mentioned but its in there pretty solid. I appreciate all the ideas, giving me a notion on how to get this devil metal out!

Yea, solder like electrical solder or silver plumbing isn't going to have the holding power. I've pulled bolts out of engine blocks and such by tack welding a nut on the break but that screw is sooooo small that it would probably just vaporize rather than bond and we don't even know what the composition of the screw is.

It's basically a sh*t situation. I don't envy your situation. Good luck and whatever you do let us know.

#7258 2 years ago
Quoted from CrabbyPatty:

Here is how I solved this. I bought three needle thin dremel drill bits. It took over an hour but I drilled the entire screw out of existence. I broke one of the bits, but I did zero dog to the playfield all said and done! This pic is half way through the process, just had to hold the dremel super steady![quoted image]

Nice!

Thanks for reporting back.

#7270 2 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Maybe a stupid question but my extra ball button is broken.
Here in Europe I cannot find it anymore. One on Ebay but with import fees it costs me almost 50eur.
Can I use for example the launch ball of other machines: Dracula, Johnny Mnemonic, Flintstones?
Thanks.

As Rockbiter mentioned, if you find the same type of switch you can disassemble it and swap the "Extra Ball" insert over to the new switch. Or simply move the plastic face over to your old switch. It's all the same in the end, but the switches are not different, just the insert text.

#7280 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Can someone take a picture of how this metal piece is attached to the door? The screws keep popping out and not sure which orientation they should go in thanks
[quoted image]

As chuckwurt mentioned. If the screws keep falling out then either the screw threads are shot or the holes have been stripped out. Try replacing the screws with new and if they don't snug up you'll need to step up one size. You can get the tap hole size for the stepped up screw off the net and buy self tapping sheet metal screws which will cut new threads when you put them in the first time.

2 months later
#7431 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Some goalie help please...
Can anyone identify what is off with this?

I'd have to stuff my head inside my game to be sure (can't do that at the moment) but that pin/shaft looks bent. Or possibly that part you have highlighted in the diagram is hogged out and that's why it's not sitting on the pin properly.

1 week later
#7445 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

After doing some troubleshooting on my trough and re-punching some wires I've determined the contacts inside this plug are sketchy. How do I go about identifying this exact white plug so I can replace it? It seems like there are many different ones with tiny variations out there. I can't imagine there's a "standard Williams plug with x number of pins".

Did you use a proper punch-down tool or a screwdriver? If you used a screwdriver, that's probably why the connection is marginal.

What connector does it plug into.. it looks like a 12 pin, 22awg, .156 which Marco should have a substitute on their site. The OEM Pancon connectors that size are NLA I believe. If they are made they are hard to find...

#7447 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

When everything is plugged in, if I push ever-so-gently on the plastic casing it glitches.

Sounds more like bad solder joints on the board.

Quoted from arcyallen:

It's also possible it -is- a punch issue as the connector slots where the wires go are a little bit mangled from previous owners.

If the wires are mangled you can pull them all out, cut off an equal amount on each wire (just enough to get rid of the mess), and re-punch them to clean it up.

1 week later
#7469 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

What's wrong with this picture...?
I am still struggling with my goalie getting stuck under the crossbar of the goal. Usually it is the top of the metal bracket that the screws go into that gets caught. Occasionally it is the screws themselves.
Basically, the goalie moves fine left and right and if it gets hit by a ball while it is in the center, it gets wedged under the crossbar.
I've replaced the bracket that goes on the motor and the two long pieces that have cams on them. I've filed down the trough so it is nice and flat.
Does anything look amiss in these pictures? Would someone mind removing their goalie and sending a few pics?
thanks!

It appears that your goalie is closer to the net than mine. It's difficult to tell for sure in your pic but the location of the upward bend is proud of the white line on my game. Thus the goalie is positioned further away from the net structure.

I'm not sure why your setup would end up being closer than mine as the bends in the support seem similar and correct.

2 weeks later
#7489 1 year ago

This seems like a problem that you could debug with the glass off pretty easily. At least determine what the main issue is. Resets that occur with a coil activation can be caused by a bad diode.

#7491 1 year ago
Quoted from Jwf_pinball:

What coils get activated when a ball drains?

Ok, so I went back and re-read your description and apparently read right over the "2 frames" and went straight to after bonus animation in my head. In which case would be the trough kickout.

This is something that should be easy to pull the glass and see exactly what causes the issue. Can you start a game, pull the ball from the shooter lane and drop it in the outhole and have it reset? Or do you have to get past the ball in play timer before so it's definitely related to bonus counting?

Have you tried just running all the Sound tests? I had a WH2o that would reboot during games and it turned out it was a ribbon cable between the CPU and Sound boards.

2 weeks later
#7521 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Just installed my color DMD and noticed that I had the end of a broken wire at the grounding point...but couldn't find the end of what it was going to. (It was connected to the grounding point under the nut before I removed it)
Does anyone else have this at the grounding point? If so...what does it connect to?
thanks!
[quoted image]

That grounding lug at the bottom of the head is not supposed to be bent over like that. So I suspect that the ground lead that runs from the cab to the head was connected to that and it got yanked hard. Look inside the back of the cab for a bright green wire to ground.

I suspect someone dropped the head and the ground wire got hung up on something in the cab, thus it wrenched the lug and pulled the eye crimp off the end of the wire.

Just popped open my WCS and took a better look at your pic and I don't see anything amiss. I think I see the cab ground wire (which is a braid) hiding in the background in your image. So you're ok with ground.

The lug is still bent from a nasty yank but I bet it's from someone pulling out the display panel without paying attention. They pulled the eye off the end of the green/yellow wire going to the speaker. Note that the eye on the lug end is different, and the extra lug matches the factory one attached to the speaker. I suspect when they put the new one on they just left the old one on the stud.

2 months later
#7594 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

I'm in the process of overhauling a World Cup for a friend and I'm having trouble getting the diverter working correctly. Is the diverter hold test supposed to hold the diverter to the left or right? Also should the plunger have a spring slid over it? The manual doesn't suggest it should be it feels like it should so it goes back into place after the hold.

Note that the spring that connects the diverter plunger to the arm must be assembled in a specific orientation:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/151#post-6982104

7 months later
#8054 1 year ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Weird issue came up a few days ago and was wondering what Pinside thinks about it.
In the middle of the game, usually at ball 2 or ball 3 ball launch, the coin toss indicator lights are working normally. However when you plunge and hit a flashing coin toss lane the opto will not register and remain flashing after plunge. It will stay flashing for a few more seconds and then return to unlit. When this happens I am unable to complete the skill shot.
In test mode, all of the opto switches register fine in the individual switch mode. So something else is happening.
Again, it’s an intermittent issue. It doesn’t happen every game, and when it does it’s usually later on.
Any ideas? No other issues have been noted.

Are you running the latest software revision? Highest ver is L2 so you probably are since that's not a lot of software updates.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2811

Have you looked for bad wiring connections and cold solder joints on the opto boards in the circuit. There's boards for each switch and then a 7 opto board under the PF?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=bakerhillpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.