(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,715 posts
  • 525 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Gogojohnnyquack
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,391 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200402_171755327 (resized).jpg
Molex_key (2)_300x300 (resized).jpg
DSC_1701 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200402_122717 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200402_122132 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200402_142125 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200402_142115 (resized).jpg
0D3BA979-8CC9-4D1D-8879-28FFAEDF97C4 (resized).jpeg
60246D23-A8B9-4B0C-99C3-4066306752BF (resized).jpeg
Interlock switch clip (resized).jpg
Interlock Switch (resized).jpeg
892BE0A8-8D86-4A29-BEB4-1A0D4E1BD689 (resized).jpeg
67C88424-2F6F-40EC-8E82-787D0948DBD7 (resized).jpeg
6F1ED2CB-6F01-430A-9248-AE73985D8FD8 (resized).jpeg
41466CBE-B984-43CB-B103-47E60A1A319E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3704 2 years ago

Hi all
Just joined the club though I got a non working machine. I turn it on and get an immediate Opto error message
Fuse issue?

#3723 2 years ago

I have a problem with my machine. I get the opto trough error pictured and have pulled the boards out (also pictured)
Anyone see anything obvious here? Are the corresponding lights on each board supposed to match?

IMG_1823 (resized).JPG

IMG_1806 (resized).JPG

#3730 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

They look fine to me, but trough opto boards are cheap enough that if you think they're bad, replace em. On some games (like Dredd) it will save you a world of hurt.
You can always change out the optos and reflow the pins, but I have never had great luck with that. Then again, I'm kind of a hack!
That error message on your DMD probably isn't because of your trough opto boards tho, you have something going on in your backbox with your 12v power section.

Thanks, I'm a bit of a novice. Where in the backbox am I looking for 12v power issues?

2 weeks later
#3780 2 years ago

Can anyone please tell me what it's supposed to look like to the left of the goal here? I seem to be missing multiple posts of some kind

IMG_1885 (resized).JPG

#3783 2 years ago

You mean the one going around the 2 teal posts?

#3795 2 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for the screws that hold the metal plate to the 2 pieces of ramp on the right hand side?

#3814 2 years ago

I pulled the ball diverter out to replace some broken plastics and I'm not sure I've put it back together correctly as it doesn't work
Is this what it's supposed to look like there? The spring is partly inside the coil
It also has a bit of play on the upper playfield as well.

IMG_1912 (resized).JPG

#3816 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshinDC:

The spring shouldn't be in the coil; are you missing a coil sleeve?
There's a little bit of play up top, but I don't know how to describe how much. I think if the ramps aren't aligned correctly they can put pressure on the diverter shaft and keep it from turning. I'd look at the coil sleeve first though.

Turns out the coil was installed upside down, changed it and now the problem is fixed thanks

#3818 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Shouldn't have made a difference, the coil would work either way.

Funny but it seems to work okay. I should now ask actually when it's supposed to divert during gameplay to make sure I do have this right?

#3820 2 years ago

Yes thanks, it's working fine. The other problem I've got is the upper eject hole does not have enough power to shoot the ball through the goal regularly. probably 1 out of 2 go in. I've changed all the fuses, capacitors. The coil is the right coil and seems to be ok.

#3824 2 years ago

More tension it seems, I spoke to someone else who has a WCS and his solution is the rubber band pictured here. It now works brilliantly with it

IMG_1923 (resized).JPG

#3832 2 years ago

Okay, my machine is put back together except for the part pictured below.
Does anyone know where it goes? Or even if it's supposed to be on this machine?

IMG_1932 (resized).JPG

#3844 2 years ago

What color leds are on that back panel? (The 3 above the ramp)

#3846 2 years ago

I have frosted Cyan from Comet but they look way too green in my machine so I went with ice blue under all the plastics which brought out the teal color much better than Cyan. That picture makes the bulbs look teal though.
Here is mine (though photos never show them too well) the only place I have Cyan now is in behind the goal itself

IMG_1933 (resized).JPG

#3850 2 years ago

The speaker covers are not covers but a stencil that you spray paint over. It is mentioned earlier in this thread. You can get one pretty cheaply.
My machine is doing something weird though. Sometimes on ball 3 it will think the ball has drained and go through the bonus motion and end the game, even though I still have the ball in play. Has anyone experienced this before and if so, what was the issue?

#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put the game into switch test and play with the trough switches. Also make sure you have 5 balls in the game. No more, no less. Lastly, if using those super shiny balls, get those out of there and use regular ones.

I have 5 normal balls, can't seem to get anything going on the trough switches, which test is it?

#3857 2 years ago

Gotcha thanks, have now used that test and Optos seem to work okay, back to the drawing board!

#3861 2 years ago

I thought the balls might have become magnetised by the ball lock but no, the issue seems to be with the board that the trough plugs into. I resoldered all the connectors on that board and seems okay so far

#3875 2 years ago

You've gotta put a stronger spring on that upper coil. It's a bit unorthodox but I had the same problem with it having no strength until I put a rubber band around it as shown on page 77 of this thread. Now the ball gets airborne through the goal, it's awesome now

#3886 2 years ago

No, I was told to change the elastic at least once a year. If you get a spring number I'd like to hear which one works

#3899 2 years ago

The yellow has got me thinking about my parts but I may try powder coating in the teal color that is prominent in this game. Thoughts from the club?

2 months later
#4102 1 year ago

It sits on the side of the coin toss mechanism

1 month later
#4150 1 year ago
Quoted from Jo4114:

I see you have a Cliffy protector on your Goalie Assist hole... After you put everything back together did the ball still kick out of that hole the same way without the protector?

That hole never kicked out too well regardless of the protector which is why I installed a rubber band as pictured here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/77#post-4200982

#4160 1 year ago

Does anyone have a lead on where I can purchase this decal only?
It's the once under the top ramp above the bumpers

wcs94 (resized).JPG
#4162 1 year ago

Thanks!
Didn't think Marco's had that one.
Planetary Pinball wanted $56 minimum shipping for the decal, Marco's $3.99 shipping
Just a small difference there

2 months later
#4295 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Ill shoot you a PM with his email.

Me too please, what kind of cost are we talking?

2 months later
#4542 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

Finally finished shopping out my WCS94. Here's a small little mod that I made to pretty up the ramp junction.
[quoted image]

Are you producing any more of these? I’d be keen for one cheers

4 weeks later
#4670 1 year ago

I just bought a new start button for my WCS but upon putting the spring in the button just pushes in and doesn’t spring back. I haven’t even put a light in there yet but the spring looks straight to me. What on earth am I missing?

#4678 1 year ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Yep, that was it, a series of national flags.
Rather low profile.

Anyone have this attached to their machine? I’ve never seen one before. Looks like it’s not that impactful being only a couple inches tall

3 weeks later
#4772 1 year ago

You can see the plastic opposite the soccer ball (where the 2 white rubbers are) is completely broken which is common
I also see a crack in the header plastic, the left slingshot is broken too and they look yellowed. I would buy a new set

4 weeks later
#4829 1 year ago

My WCS has just started displaying everything twice like this
I assume it might be a quick fix?

188B14A8-EA21-42ED-8943-9C3890642691 (resized).jpeg
#4833 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That looks like a ColorDMD issue, not necessarily a game issue. Try a real DMD in there, and see if the issue goes away.

I don’t get a picture at all with a regular DMD.....

1 month later
#4949 1 year ago

I will say in this title coloured gi really worked for me with comet ice blue. It brings out the teal in the plastics without color wash out as the ice blue is really subtle

4 months later
#5175 9 months ago

After seeing this machine I now want to give my machine some love.
What are people’s thoughts on chrome lockdown/side rails vs powdercoat and what color powdercoat?
Best place for new decals?

1 month later
#5219 7 months ago
Quoted from provato:

Thank you for taking the time to take the picture ksuwildcatfan.
Yeah, it seems that this base and the hole for it are not original. I have also bought the Marco’s 31-1925-18 repro plastic and I’d like to know how the original one was attached to the top of the backbox before I put it there...
My cabinet didn’t even have the holes for the topper

I’ve heard that Marco have shipped that topper plastic all rolled up! Has anyone received it flat packed?

2 months later
#5386 5 months ago

The original seems to be a bit brighter, the top one looks like a faded translite lol

1 month later
#5457 4 months ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hello guys! I was looking for my WCS94 for a long time and now I can join you! I hope If I had any problems with it you will help me solve them [quoted image][quoted image]

First thing I would do is change the lighting, looks like a smurf threw up in the back corner

1 month later
#5505 3 months ago
Quoted from dugmar:

I have soccer ball decals on my pops.[quoted image]

I like those, where did they come from?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside