(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I threw some color changing LEDs into the 3 lights on the backboard.

Do you have any pics or video of these? Sounds interesting.

10 months later
#910 9 years ago

Here's a photo of mine. Looks like yours is quite bent? Maybe someone stood on it?

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG

1 week later
#943 9 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Now in Jpops favorite colour...
Purple ColorDMD.
Jpop edition 1.jpg 130 KB

Can you shoot a video of this running? I'd be interested in seeing how it looks.

1 week later
#990 9 years ago

Great discussion about quieting the motor!

I wonder if there's enough room to encase it in some kind of box? To fully stop the sound reverberating through the cabinet?

As has been mentioned, surely there's a newer type of motor that would be less noisy that could be used as a replacement?

1 month later
#1121 9 years ago

Stripping a bunch of parts off my play field today, I noticed that there was a some kind of fastener missing from the front right of my mini playfield - to the right of the ball release plunger. Can someone take a photo, or describe what sort of bolt is mean to go down through there into the hex down underneath?

#1125 9 years ago
Quoted from JLou04:

Is this the area you're talking about? Here's a pic of mine...

Yes, that's it, thanks! Mine is missing that bolt and washer in the lower right. Probably explains why mine has a tendency for most balls around ramp to fall into the lock hole, even when no magnet!

#1132 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

or it is unlevel.

Heh, checked that one

Does anyone else find it odd that Australia is the Number 3 team in the final 16 in WCS when they weren't ranked anywhere near that high, and hadn't qualified for a World Cup since 1974. I guess it was possibly due to the pinball market in Australia?

2 months later
#1252 9 years ago

From the manual, the setting for this is A.2 07:

A.2 07 Striker Award Goals
This determines whether the unlit Goal will give Striker Awards (when Goal is unlit and Striker is
lit).
No Don't give Striker Award from the Goal.
Yes Give Striker Awards from unlit Goal.
1st Award - Give only the 1st Striker Award from unlit Goal.

4 months later
#1528 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Question for everyone here..
What percentage of Goalie Hits do you have in your game (B.x 21, 'Goalie Hits')? Not having the real game and playing a VPin version, I thought the goalie was much harder to hit, but I'm at 574%.
When I worked on the game, back in the 90's, I never remember it being that high. However, that was over 15 years ago, so I'm just trying to verify my memory.

That audit option doesn't appear to be in my firmware, or manual. Shame, as I was keen to see what mine was too. I would have guessed around 3 hits for each goal (around 300%)

#1537 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Oh, it's in the 'hidden' Bookeepings menu.
Go into the Bookeeping Menu, so that "B.1 Main Audits" is flashing
Quickly press all 4 service buttons at the same time. (Enter, Up, Down, Esc)
The screen will show an audit, though it could be on Bx.1 or Bx.2 (because of the multiple button press.)
You're in the hidden audits if you see ".1 EXEC LOCKUPS" or ".2 POWER UPS". I have a list somewhere explaining what all the stanrads ones mean, but the game-specific ones are near the end of the lloop (hit DN from .1 to roll around, like normal.) Goalie Hits is one of the items tracked.

Ha, you do learn something new everyday!

For the record, my 'Goalie Hits' is 161%

5 months later
#1804 8 years ago

Was playing mine today, and for the first time that I've noticed during multiball - snuck a goal in while there was a ball sitting in the assist hole. This led to the one goal off the flipper, then an extra one out of the assist without having to relight between them.

2 weeks later
#1836 8 years ago

Hmmm, I wonder if the lock magnet was originally a gate?

#1839 8 years ago

Yep, the magna save really isn't too useful. It can be useful to stop the ball at the end of the left flipper, either as it comes down the left inlane, or jumps from the right flipper.

Yup, you can launch up to all 5 balls during the wizard mode (you need to manually)

That TV shot is always a tough one, especially when you're trying to start the final match!

2 months later
#1957 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Anyone have a better way of lighting the red roll over stars? I have LED's but they just don't provide much light. I have tried adjusting and pointing them...
Any thoughts?

I use red flex LEDs like these pointing straight at the roll over, they are plenty bright! http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smdflexng.htm

2 months later
#2006 8 years ago

Yep

1 year later
#3637 6 years ago

Any chance someone out there can take a video of an LCD in HiRes mode with WCS?

#3646 6 years ago

Thanks for posting! I’m a big dot fan, but that hi-res looks better than most of the others I’ve seen! I’d probably still lean towards LED to keep it a bit closer to DMD...

3 weeks later
#3714 6 years ago

Hmmm, mine has one of those discs installed, I thought it was factory!

#3716 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

If you are talking about the round disc with the guy doing a bicycle kick, that's factory. Both my WCS have them.

Whoops, I can see the metal fix in the curve now! I thought that the disc may have been a fix as a friend of mine doesn't have it

1 month later
#3860 6 years ago

I put one of these in my trough to fix an issue with some balls sticking: https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=449

4 months later
#4207 5 years ago

Here’s the world rankings released closest to the pins release:

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/rank=5/index.html

It seems all the teams are in the the top 50, but Canada and Australia are a fair way down...

It would be cool to actually update the rom to have the real rankings, although the sound roms might be an issue. Does anyone know if any of the other team names in the top 15 call outs are in the sound rom but not used?

5 months later
#4598 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Absolutely loving this pin! Got to the other side today. Here is a before and after shot.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing work! How much effort was there in masking off the trophy?

4 months later
#4981 5 years ago

Does anyone have the details about what changed in P-3?

3 months later
#5183 4 years ago

It’s sold as the complete plunger, part A-17767 from page 2-23 in the manual

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17767

11 months later
#5898 3 years ago

That 3rd pop bumper is a pain to get to under the ramp isn't it!

4 months later
#6245 3 years ago

Does anyone have any photos or details of an o-ring that might go between the motor and gearbox of the ball motor? I’ve pulled mine apart for cleaning, and I read somewhere that there was meant to be an oring between them, but seems mine is missing?

I assume if there is meant to be one, it’s to act as a gasket to keep lubricant in the gearbox?

3515CD23-7F3F-478E-B9E7-280CD9C4E478 (resized).jpeg3515CD23-7F3F-478E-B9E7-280CD9C4E478 (resized).jpeg
#6247 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

If someone doesn't already have a pic or get to it sooner, I'll see if I can get one. Mine is too loud and I want to clean it in the next few days.

Excellent, thanks! I'm halfway through a complete teardown that's taking me weeks, so mine will likely still be in pieces in a few days

I've cleaned out the insides of my gearbox with a bunch of cotton tips (very carefully so as not to lose a tip or fibres into the gearbox!), and re-lubed with some Superlube. Main gear on the motor was a lot easier to fully clean and relube.

4 weeks later
#6340 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

They don't but last I checked it was minimum $59 shipping. That's changed?

Yep, more reasonable shipping from US to Aus

2 weeks later
#6365 3 years ago

One of these might help if your trough does have dents holding up the the ball and you have access to a 3d printer:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2790469
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1627116

#6377 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

You can reverse the spin by swapping the two wires on the motor. I’m not aware of any difficulty settings that reverses the spin for standard gameplay. But the ball does spin backwards in wizard mode.

Just swapped the wires around in mine and it makes the regular game a lot easier - and the wizard mode a lot harder!

10 months later
#7141 2 years ago

Solenoid list, p2 (inside of cover), Sol. No 16 Diverter Hold

Fuse list 1-45, Power Drive Board F104 Solenoid #9-#16 3A, 250V, S.B

#7144 2 years ago

Nice work, I have never seen the combo yet! I wonder if it’s possible after the lock too? Or only starting when no skills are awarded

#7153 2 years ago

Same, no ball spin until you press start

3 months later
#7399 2 years ago

There's also quite a bit of left/right play in the ramp and wireform once the nuts holding them in place are loosened. There's a chance that one has come loose and that's what's caused them to drift closer to each other.

5 months later
#7598 1 year ago

I can answer the following questions, but I'm not quite sure about what sort of post is needed for that plastic, I'll leave that one for someone else!

Quoted from JediPimp:

2. What is the difference between the two goalie net decals in the picture below?

One is for top (outside) of the goal, one is for the inside

Quoted from JediPimp:

3. Does anyone know where I can pick up the plastic below the left ramp? It seems to be sold out everywhere. Mine has chipped away at the usual place and the previous owner has put a piece of clear plastic over it (better than nothing).

Edit: Sorry, my first response was about the ramps themselves... not sure about that specific plastic, mine is also chipped!

10 months later
#8230 8 months ago

The Parts List on IPDB might help - not 100% sure if they are in there, I couldn't find with a quick glance, but I am unsure of the part numbers for any of them

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2811/Bally_1994_World_Cup_Soccer_Parts_List.txt

6 months later
#8420 85 days ago

Very nice colours!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 180.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=Zzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.