(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VegasMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1754 8 years ago

I just picked up a WCS yesterday, so I'm now a member!

My pin looks to be a re-import from France (Franc coin door). It's dirty and needs a good shop job, but the playfield is in very good condition.

My question is - I keep getting the "check switch F6 U.R. flipper but.". I can't find this switch, is it not used?

EDIT - I searched the forum and found a reference to the flippers having 2 opto sensors. Off to see if one of them needs cleaning...

3 weeks later
#1791 8 years ago

Shopping my WCS. Am I missing some switches in the 'travel' lane on the right?
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1794 8 years ago

Thanks. I have a re-import, so i'm just making sure the switches didnt get removed somewhere along the way...

#1795 8 years ago

First coat of polish applied. Should be ready to wax by tomorrow. image.jpgimage.jpg

#1797 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

Hey Guys,
Some of these beautiful pins has inspired me to treat my WCS to a makeover.
I am in the process of refreshing my WCS. I have replaced ball/rubbers. I am adding Cliffy protectors as well. I had a few broken plastics I have been able to track down.
I still need the HEADER plastic. Mine has a broken missing tip piece.
Would anyone have one available or know where one could be purchased?
Thanks for any leads.

I believe you can just get the Header Plastic at Marco Specialities. www.marcospecialities.com You should also order the header plastic protector piece.

#1798 8 years ago

Installed the new carbon fiber Cliffy hole protectors...haven't put them in play yet image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#1822 8 years ago

Fully shopped, led's, new plastics and other parts. Back in its rightful home. The Who Dunnit gets its slot machine fixed next.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#1826 8 years ago

Trying to fix my Goal Top Flasher, which is currently the only thing on my WCS that is not working. The socket isn't getting any voltage during test mode. I traced back the black/brown wire from the socket, expecting it to go back to the board. Instead it goes to the Goal Flasher (the one behind the net). All the other flashers that I see only have one black wire connected to it.

Can someone check the wiring of their Goal Flasher (shown in the pic) to see how it's connected? It's in the very back of the playfield. As far as I can tell, it should only have a black/purple wire attached to it.

Thanks,

Mike

IMG_7986.JPGIMG_7986.JPG

#1828 8 years ago

Thanks,

I have the manual - I'll have to try and trace where J126-1 goes.

If I'm reading the manual correctly (page 3-7), it looks like each flasher should have one dedicated wire that runs to it. The Goal Top flasher is J126-1, and the Back Goal flasher is J126-2. So I guess I don't understand why two wires connect here...

#1831 8 years ago

Thanks, i meant the Goal Cage Top flasher, which is actually a 555 socket on my machine (is this correct?). I am trying to trace where the wires for that go, which led me to the flash lamp behind the goal under the white insert.

I will have to trace the entire path tonite once i get home...

#1833 8 years ago

Think I found the problem...

IMG_7988.JPGIMG_7988.JPG

Of course, the other half of the wire is nowhere to be found, but I figured it out. This black/brown wire runs first to the flasher under the plastics in the far back left. From there it runs to the Goal Cage Top socket. So I actually had two flashers out (one being the Goal Cage Top 555 bulb), but I never knew it since the actual flasher is hidden so far in the back. Just need to do a quick solder job and she'll be 100%.

BTW, the black/brown and black/purple wires are a bear to keep straight - which was my original problem trying to trace backwards to the board...

2 months later
#1970 8 years ago

Check the post sleeves at the exit of the left loop. After I shopped my game the ball would nick the new post sleeve i installed and alter its path. I ended up using a different sleeve (or adjusting it) and it fixed the problem. It should hit the left slingshot.

2 months later
#2002 8 years ago

I purchased the Marco replacement ball. After some play I noticed a bit of the black peeling off (probably due to the force of the ball spinning). I removed the ball, colored in the black with a sharpie and then sprayed the ball with some spray sealant:

http://www.michaels.com/grumbacher-final-fixative-matte/10316388.html

I did a lot of light spray coats on the ball. Re-installed and haven't had a problem. Haven't noticed any wear line around the ball either, but I have not played it a ton. I am not experienced enough to notice any difference in ball-action, but the 'corner-kick' from the left kick-out often results in a 'header goal', so there's quite a bit of action to it.

Quoted from BigDan:

I'd like whatever one that interacts with the pinball most. If they interact about the same then I will get the brighter one then look for some sort of rubbery, grippy hair band to put around the base to give the game more ball action like I read from a member in another post.

2 months later
#2212 8 years ago

I have a replacement ball from Marco and I didn't even bother with the top screw. The ball isn't going to fly off (at least mine doesn't).

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VegasMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=VegasMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.