(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkaterVet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

5 months later
#3876 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

So I LED'd out the GI in my WCS this morning and it looks great!

Does anyone have a map of the inserts and the needed colors and bulb types I can get to place an order to LED my inserts with color matched LEDs? I strategically did a few (as in, I used what I had, lol) but I want to really make the inserts pop.

Is that the LCD or LED Color DMD on your machine? It looks great.

#3878 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

ColorDMD, the LED version. Absolutely awesome, best thing you can do to your game besides you know, shopping it. Not cheap, but worth it. I know people say you don't play the DMD but once I saw one installed I knew orange was no longer an option.

Thanks. The LED looks great. I was leaning towar LCD because I believe that is what is in my MMr. Decisions decisions?

5 months later
#4251 5 years ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

My goalie finally kicked the bucket, I had some Lexan laying around so I decided to make a replacement. I was worried the Lexan would be too stiff to trigger the switch but I was wrong, the switch registered every time! I have a NOS decal but I am going to leave it bare for now and have a few more games to see how it holds up

You have a wonderful opportunity to use a picture of your favorite keeper.....or even your least favorite politician

4 months later
#4662 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I like to personalize the aprons on my pins and decided to add some commemorative coins from the 94 World Cup. I added ribbon to dress it up a little but am not sure if I like it. Stay or go?
[quoted image]

Personally, I'm not feeling the ribbons. That said, I subscribe to the school of thought that the only person that needs to like it is you.

1 week later
1 week later
#4710 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Here’s a few pics of my tricked out WCS94. Some highlights: colordmd set to tile; auto amplifier driving flipper fidelity sound system with subwoofer; mirror blades; soccer ball shooter; magnetic soccer balls on apron; new striker collectible and soccer ball post (courtesy of Scoot); colorful LEDs ; 3D glass break soccer ball on backglass.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I’m looking to add color DMD to mine and am leaning toward the LCD. How do you like yours?

3 weeks later
#4798 5 years ago

Blitzburgh99 Is that an LED or LCD DMD? Are you happy with it?

#4805 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Correct. LCD in Tile mode. Love it!

Was it easy to install?

1 month later
#4913 5 years ago

Does anyone sell soccer ball speaker panel decals?

#4914 5 years ago

Has anyone use LED OCD and/or GI OCD boards on World Cup? Any thoughts?

#4916 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Mine has a LED OCD board in it from the person that I purchased it from, but I don't what it was like before to make a comparison. Apparently there was at least some reason that he did it, so I would say it helped. I can take a video if you'd like.

I'd love to see a video of that. Thank you!

#4946 5 years ago
Quoted from PURPLEBAT:

I like to keep my games close to factory as possible, but to each his own, and the guys that like to experiment with some new upgades and mods is great to see and even steal an idea or two. For every failed abomination mod, there usually is great one.

Agreed, in fact the original gold legs was a big plus to me when I bought mine. I'm usually a purist. That said, I just received my Monster Bash LE and it is gorgeous. The lighting of my beautiful WCS now looks old, dim and yellow next to my new Rolls Royce of pins. In turn, I'm considering converting World Cup to LEDs so it fits in. Has anyone seen theirs with incandescent vs led bulbs? Were you happy with the switch? Do the lights flash annoyingly fast? I've already heard from one Pinsider. Thanks for any additional thoughts.

3 months later
#5169 4 years ago

Should the 2 screws that connect the goalie plastic to the mechanism have a nut holding them in place?

1 month later
#5264 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Right is subjective. People used to say Mylar made the game not play right, and then they said clearcoating makes games not play right and now we Mylar clearcoated games, lol. It’s just a different feel.
Some people say Cliffys make a game not play right. Some people say Titan flipper rubbers make a game not play right. Hell some people say LEDs make a game not play right.
I don’t care for full PF protectors myself, but if you have bad damage you just can’t deal with this might be a great option. I have played games with them on tho and it doesn’t ruin the game or anything. It’s just a little different.

Agreed. For me, the Mylar, over time, makes the play field look a bit dull. It’s not as vibrant as it is without it. I’d prefer some dimples and imperfections to a full protector. But, as you say, that is subjective. Why put a cover on your beautiful couch? Why put a wrap over the beautiful paint job of your Lamborghini? If you like the idea of pure protection and preservation, do it. If you like to enjoy things naturally, don’t. It’s all personal preference.

6 months later
#5665 4 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Little gimmick[quoted image]

Great idea on the half dollar! Just ordered one on eBay. Thanks.

4 months later
#5932 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Got my pin2dmd led display in today
Bought it at https://techizy.fr/ real nice quality and service.
I have some color files but these are from someone whom didnt finish them i think.
Has anyone here got a finished file they could share?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t have the file, but is that the CPR back glass? Do you like it? Where did you find the soccer ball speaker covers? They look great. Thanks.

2 months later
#6102 3 years ago

I got sick and tired of sifting through tons of poorly marked key chains and decided to make my arcade life easier.

94810336-DE5F-4961-B44B-EF67E3610F9A_1_201_a (resized).jpeg94810336-DE5F-4961-B44B-EF67E3610F9A_1_201_a (resized).jpegC03A77A0-E181-4E95-B727-6DB3F2F3937F_1_201_a (resized).jpegC03A77A0-E181-4E95-B727-6DB3F2F3937F_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

How did you do this?! I NEED this for my machine keys!

I got a lesson from my daughter I posted pics of all my other machines in those threads and have gotten a bit of interest. So, we set up a Pinside Shop. Check it out here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1290-pic/04349-deluxe-flyer-identification-system

#6115 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

So awesome! Nice work! $12 (shipped) is just a bit high for us for a keychain at the moment, shortly after the new machine purchase, but we'll see about later in the year!

We've lowered the total cost for the first key-chain to $9.95. Thanks for the tip. Enjoy your new game!

6 months later
#6812 2 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

In December, I used Pinball Plating to exchange the long ramp, the coin toss entry, the two plates on the right and left of the coin toss entry and the apron wire and it was about $340. They look great![quoted image][quoted image]

Considering adding those side blades. How do they look in person? Do they enhance or detract from the game? Thanks.

1 week later
#6839 2 years ago

Considering converting to LEDs. Anyone have experience with the non-ghosting ones Tilt sells? Does non-ghosting mean you don’t need an OCD board to prevent the crazy fast flicker rate? Does anything major need to be disassembled to replace all of these lights? Thanks for any input!

2 months later
#6919 2 years ago

So this fell onto the playfield during a game. I can’t figure out where it belongs. Anyone?

4CD39FAE-3383-42EF-BED7-3A1DC33C1398 (resized).jpeg4CD39FAE-3383-42EF-BED7-3A1DC33C1398 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#7031 2 years ago

Add the green band and sell them. I’d buy one.

4 months later
#7309 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Hey everyone.
I was asked by a member to see if I could make some soccer balls for the speakers of WCS94.
Here is a picture of what I have come up with. I can do one color and have multiple colors to choose from. (black, red, yellow, white, silver, light purple, light blue, light green)
Please send me a PM if you would like to get them. They will be $15 shipped and that is using USPS Flat Rate to include a tracking number. I'm not looking to make money on these. Just help you with a simple mod and cover cost of shipping and filament.
Cheers,
Collins
[quoted image]

Looks cool, can you show a pick of them on?

1 month later
#7404 2 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Those new yellow Titan rubbers really match with the yellow on the playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those speaker grills look great. I’m still looking for the best and easiest way to make that happen. I’m surprised no one has made a vinyl cling for sale.

8 months later
#7821 1 year ago

Another satisfied customer.

2C035DB5-E8B4-4AFA-8D04-8E1851362BA7 (resized).jpeg2C035DB5-E8B4-4AFA-8D04-8E1851362BA7 (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#8452 50 days ago

Anyone have one of these plastics they’d like to sell?

IMG_5058 (resized).jpegIMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
#8454 49 days ago

Finally planning to do an LED conversion. Any thoughts on best kits currently available? OCD boards necessary? Thank you in advance for thoughts and opinions.

#8459 49 days ago

That’s great to hear. It sounds like we have similar tastes and I will likely want to add both OCD boards. Thank you.

Quoted from CLEllison:Games that have dimming features absolutely require GIOCD. Considering this title doesn't dim, I'll just say this. It hurts nothing to add LED's. I am "OCD" and simply cannot tolerate the "hyper flash" LEDs cause. I've converted all my machines to LED and using both GIOCD and LEDOCD boards. I enjoy how color matching some bulbs to inserts really makes things pop. I enjoy being able to use the OCD boards software to customize how a bulb acts (rarely used) and I absolutely now enjoy the smooth transition that LED's do not natively offer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkaterVet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=SkaterVet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.