(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonaldRayGun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3230 7 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

My (new to me) WCS is great but I'm encountering a issue where the game powers down mid-game, most often during multi-ball. It shuts itself completely off and then turns back on again. It will know the score I ended with at the point that it shuts off when it comes back on. This seems to occur in 1 out of every 40 or so games.
Any ideas on what I should look into for this issue?

The re-setting is often due to the 5V supply to the MPU dropping too low. This can be because of bad components on the driver board, or as simple as bad connectors between the driver board and the MPU board. As a first step, try re-seating the connectors between the driver board and the MPU board.

#3235 7 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Yep, been going through the manual all day!
Fixed it, ended up being Fuse F112.

Great. Let us know if the re-setting is resolved.

#3239 6 years ago

What's the best way to clean the wireform? Does Autosol work or will it strip the gold colour?

1 week later
#3248 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

New issue, two wires appear to be sticking out behind the goalie that are not attached to anything. My guess is that they were soldered to the goalie and came loose.
Any idea what these wires do, or which wire should be resoldered where?

This is how it's supposed to be soldered.

1 week later
#3254 6 years ago

Does anyone know where this plastic goes?

DSC_0445 (resized).JPGDSC_0445 (resized).JPG

#3256 6 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Attached to the bottom right pop bumper.

Awesome, thanks.

#3259 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I recently picked up a WCS, and it was fairly dirty and had a couple of minor issues. This is my first time stripping a machine down to the playfield! I picked up a newer set of plastics off of eBay, but I still have cracked, scratched and yellow plastics unfortunately. I wish there were new plastics available.
I went with all white GI and generally color matched the controlled lamps. I picked up light blue and purple Titans too. I think it turned out pretty good, very bright and shows off the playfield.
I still have a couple of things to do - I picked up a new soccer ball but I haven't installed it yet, and the soccer ball motor sounds like an R/C car when it spins, it's really, really loud so I have a new one coming. And the coin toss lights were missing a light socket. Oh and if anyone knows where to get another light socket that fits that little coin toss light board please let me know.
If I get brave, maybe I'll try one of those wet decals to fix the huge scratch near the referee's lady bits!

Congrats! It looks very nice. Where did you get the LEDs from?

#3261 6 years ago

Brijam Yeah man I'm in Singapore. Hope you enjoyed your stay!

#3270 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

ronaldraygun I love Singapore! Is there any place to play there?

There's a couple of kiddy arcades in the shopping malls to play. Check out the Pin Map on this site for games and locations. No barcades yet though.

#3273 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm rebuilding my WCS and am in the final debugging stages. While going through the solenoid check for the first time, I had a small meltdown.
While testing the goalie magna-save, R88 and R89 disintegrated, and immediately the DMD blacked out and now only shows parts of the display in the form of hashed lines. After shutting down and testing, I also found Q52 was bad (Q52, R88 and R89 all have to do with the left slingshot). I've gone through all of the schematics and see no correlation between the goalie magna-save, the left sling and the DMD.
I've replaced the failed components but before I reinstall the driver board I want to be sure that the same thing isn't going to happen again. Does anyone know how these might all be related?

Both the magna-save and the slingshots are running on 50VDC, but the magna-save is fed off the fliptronic board and the slingshots are fed off the driver board. However, the fliptronic board is fed 50VAC at J901 coming from the driver board at J104. Did you blow any fuses on the fliptronic board or the driver board?

#3276 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Replaced the transistor and resistors, had to repair some traces in the process, DMD is toast (luckily I had a spare).
Powered back on and the left sling (the new Q52) fires immediately, so something ain't right.

Make sure that the connectors are right.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=World_Cup_Soccer

1 month later
#3327 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

I'm looking for the part number of this post circled here. Or length/diameter.
I need to replace it since min was rusted and the screw holding the ramp broke off in the threads.

It's one of these:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=world+cup+soccer+hex+spacer

1 month later
#3376 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Just an update to the major shop job I've been doing, ended up pretty much restoring the cab inside and out and stripping off 95% of the top side.

Looks great. What's your plan for cleaning the wireform?

1 month later
#3402 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Any tips how to keep track off all the parts when disembling and remembering where everything goes?

Take lots of pictures. No matter how many you take you will always miss something. That's when you come on here and ask for help

1 month later
#3504 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Some of them are made of a slicker, harder rubber. They last longer but the action isn't as good.

Yeah the new ball is harder and doesn't give much action to the silver ball.

#3506 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I can’t speak to anything but NOS. Mines great if kept clean.

Where do you get NOS from?

4 weeks later
#3594 6 years ago
Quoted from Jo4114:

How difficult is it to hit the 3rd hole on the Coin Toss? My shooter does not have enough power with the Green or Blue shooter springs and I am hesitant to go up another rung on the spring tension. I have not played anyone else's WCS so is it just luck to hit the 3rd hole or is there something wrong on my machine?

For me the ball got hung up on the switch in the shooter lane such that there was a gap between the ball and the plunger, and a s a result the plunger could not hit the ball properly. After bending the switch arm slightly backwards the ball rolled over it and the plunger could hit it with full force.

#3605 6 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

So I tried, with a game going, lighting the lock and manually hitting the switch and no magnet buzz sound audio. Tested again in switch test and the switch (78) registers when I roll a ball through or hit it with my finger. So it seems like the switch isn’t registering while lock is lit. If it was and the problem was with the magnet I would get the magnet buzz audio after the switch hit. Or is the audio played when the magnet is activated? Kind of confused on where this lies.

There's a setting for how long the magnet is activated. Long shot but you might want to check that.

#3607 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Remember waht setting#?
/mima

Adjustements Menu -> Feature Adjustmens -> Lock Magnet Time (A.2 31)

#3621 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Just installed side decals from pinball center, cleaned and put on a fresh coat of wax. This game is so awesome when playing fast and fresh!
GOAAAAL

What kind of wax are you using?

#3647 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Here's a HIRES vid from YouTube. Looks good but yeah, I'll stick to the dots.
» YouTube video

Yeah no. A 90's game should have dots. It doesn't look right otherwise.

1 week later
#3671 6 years ago

The Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries are guaranteed to not leak.

http://www.energizer.com/batteries/energizer-ultimate-lithium-batteries

2 weeks later
#3717 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Seems like a good opportunity for Bally to use an auto launcher.

Oh but it's so much more fun to launch balls manually during the frenzy of shooting goals.

4 weeks later
#3835 6 years ago
Quoted from Farmboss:

I think I figured out what is going on with my lane change issues. No issue. The lane change lights work fine. It is just that you need to have one of the lanes trigger before they can be switched via flippers. I am surprised I never knew about this before. Thank for all the help.

Basic pinball bro, basic pinball.

#3859 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I found the balls in the trough are not rolling all the way down to the front. They're getting hung up in there quite often. I've taken the trough apart, cleaned the heck out of it. Polished it up. Balls still get hung up in there.

Sounds like your balls are magnetised. Have yo tried to replace them with non-magnetic ones?

#3866 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Exactly what I'm thinking. It didnt happen with the original corroded pinballs.

These balls are resistant to residual magnetism.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

As opposed to these balls which can be magnetised.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-SJ

#3890 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Still need to do the pops and maybe make some adjustments and color matches later, but here’s what we got:

Pretty happy with the result! Can’t believe I held out on LEDs for so long! I got LED addiction now is what my buddies tell me, lol.

Sweet. What lights did you go with?

#3891 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Anyone know what pin(s) on J120 that handle backbox lights?

J120-3 to J120-9 (white-yellow) is one circuit and J120-5 to J120-10 (white-green) is the other.

#3900 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The yellow has got me thinking about my parts but I may try powder coating in the teal color that is prominent in this game. Thoughts from the club?

The gold colour has a symbolic significance to this game. It would be awesome to see someone do a really nice plating job.

#3903 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The Comet 2 SMD warm white with a fluted lens for the GI, and the 4 SMD with no lens for most of the inserts in warm white, cool white or purple depending on the insert, and a few flexies where needed. I kept incandescent colored bulbs in the visible spots. Pretty simple scheme but it turned out really good.

Do you remember how many G.I. bulbs there are on the playfield and what sockets they are? I counted 33 but I'm not sure if they're all 555.

#3906 6 years ago

That's wicked man! Can you give us some details, where it was made, cost etc.

#3912 6 years ago

Thanks guys. Great info on the lights.

My tally:
G.I.: 73 555s.
Playfield: 49 555s, 21 44s.
Grand total: 122 555s, 21 44s.

This includes:
- All the G.I on the playfield, backbox, backpanel, coin slots, start button, and extra-ball button.
- All the inserts and lights on the playfield including pop-bumpers.

Flashers are excluded.

1 month later
#4021 6 years ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

Got one of these about 14 months ago, hadn't really done much to it and was gonna start prepping to clean it up myself. Noticed during tests that none of my flashers work (nor ever have since I got it! Whoops!).
Found this thread in some googling https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/sNNqRIy7HkU, but it might be a little bit above my ability level. What other things should I be checking first, and what's the how-to on checking fuses, testing the 20v, etc. I have a multimeter, but not a good operator

Start by opening the backbox. After powering on, LED 5 on the driver board (the big one) should be on.

LED (resized).pngLED (resized).png

#4023 6 years ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

We got power to LED 5, but still no luck on flashers.

Alright, so the fuse is fine. Let's check the flasher bulbs then.
Pull out a flasher bulb. Set your multimeter on continuity check (usually a sound symbol). The meter should beep when you connect the two test leads together. Then put the leads to the bulb leads. The meter will beep if the bulb is OK.

2 weeks later
#4076 6 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Hi guys,
Anyone has a scan of the goal keeper, by any chance??
Mine is destroyed...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1924-8

1 week later
#4099 6 years ago

wicked.

1 month later
#4178 5 years ago

In 2026 it's back in US again.

U.S., Canada, Mexico Unite Long Enough to Win 2026 World Cup Bid https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-13/u-s-canada-mexico-unite-long-enough-to-win-2026-world-cup-bid

1 week later
#4208 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Noted.
I was merely pointing out
the obscurity of Iceland being in the tournament.

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Definitely not a team one expected to qualify and then to tie Argentina...Messi has to feel like he’s snake bit at World Cup.

What rock have you guys been living under They qualified to the 2016 Euro Championships where they came second in their group ahead of Portugal. In the round of 16 they knocked out England and made it into the quarter-finals.

1 month later
#4266 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Just joined the club yesterday!
Tearing it down and getting her all cleaned up.
I want to LED this one pretty bad, (frosted/natural whites only) does anybody have a somewhat decent list of types and quantities of bulbs to grab from Comet? I've spent the better part of 6 hours reading through this thread, and it doesn't appear very comprehensive.
GGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Check out
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/79#post-4229876

3 weeks later
#4337 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Has anyone brought their machine at a straight up 90 degree angle like this or am I missing something.

That's the preferred way of putting the playfield up. Don't use the lever on the side, it will bend your playfield.

#4368 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I still have no idea what the flashing red light is in the upper left of the backbox or what it means.

The blinking light means your cpu is running. So that's good.

#4381 5 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

I was not able to find the longer concave piece on mine either. The trapezoid from the upper right portion of you photo is as seen in the photo.
[quoted image]

I never quite understood what the purpose of the trapezoid one is. I think it usually goes over the wire-form (i.e. the other way around compared to your photo).

3 weeks later
#4489 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

R Ramp L Ramp Spinner. You'll be facing Germany in no time.

Spinner, spinner, spinner also works.

1 month later
#4560 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

My wcs is coming along nicely. Here is a before and after photo. I have replaced every plastic with new ones along with protectors, new titan rubbers, comet leds, and side art blades. I Have been cleaning and fixing for 3 days straight and the game is working at 99%. The only issue I am having is the left flipper is not working with the assist hole and lighting the in lanes above the pops. The right flipper works fine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
If anyone would like an entire set of used plastics, just pm me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a very nice LED job. What did you use behind the backglass?

1 week later
#4588 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Had a snow day so I took advantage of it. More restoration for the cheap. Some frisket paper and an airbrush. Couldn’t be happier.

Stop it. You make the rest of us look bad.

1 month later
#4813 5 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I recently acquired a dog soccer that lives up to the name in more ways than one. It's going to take a ton of training to get this french poodle re-import housebroken. The bark that's annoying me this week is the assist kick-out. Even before I began patching the excessive wear and cleaning it up, it was inconsistent at best. Probably 1 out of 10 shots will anemically limp past the goalie with most just dropping back into the hole. (at this rate it could probably qualify for the US team)
As can be seen in this video.
I could use some idea on what to try next. The game is not set at a steep angle. The parts are all clean. Even the coil sleeve wasn't dirty. I've used super-lube on the metal parts that move against metal parts and the all the motion seems smooth with no interference.

What else am I missing?

Replace the spring. If it's too soft then it won't translate the force to the ball.

4 weeks later
2 weeks later
#4910 5 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

My WCS gate in the back isn’t stopping the ball. What is the inactivated position supposed to do? After one orbit does it stop the ball? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

It's supposed to stop the ball until you have
travel lit. Then it will let the ball travel around the whole orbit.

1 week later
#4935 5 years ago

What colour are the legs on your game? Mine are black but looking at the promo flyer the seem to have been gold original.

1 month later
#5071 4 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Hey everybody! I'm having some troubles with my WCS94. When I shoot the ball into the TV award scoop, the F104 fuse blows. I replaced the coil and diode just because the old one looked terrible.
Even after I replaced the coil, the fuse still blows. I'm thinking I need to replace the transistor along with a new diode on the coil.
Am I heading in the wrong direction? If it is a transistor, which transistor would it be?
Also unrelated problem. DMD goes "fuzzy" some times. I think it's just a loose connection. Which plug would I need to check?

The driver transistor for the TV popper is Q80. Normally, if the transistor is shorted it would lock the solenoid and blow the fuse immediately on power up though.

2 months later
#5163 4 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

The ball get stuck between the wireform from the goal and the left ramp right return where they meet above the top of the right slingshot. I do not believe it happened before i wonder what may have change or what i can do to space those more?

Do you have the correct spacer holding up the ramp?

#5165 4 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

i was trying to compare with pictures and it looks similar but it could be slightly off? Not sure where to see what size they should be?

It’s 2.5 inch.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4436-10

#5167 4 years ago

Make sure the spacer sits on top of the wireform with a washer.

73E5C6E2-C464-4508-908D-83380597D086 (resized).jpeg73E5C6E2-C464-4508-908D-83380597D086 (resized).jpeg
#5170 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Should the 2 screws that connect the goalie plastic to the mechanism have a nut holding them in place?

There’s supposed to be a plate-nut in the back.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-12823

7 months later
#5570 4 years ago
Quoted from provato:

well... Greece was indeed in World Cup 1994 (although we did terrible...)
Seeing our national team's appearance, I can only laugh at it
But... It's the 90's!!! I have seen worse from this time period.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those haircuts alone should’ve won it.
You did a lot better ten years later though.

3 months later
#5839 3 years ago

I was shooting some ramps and got a 3-way combo score. Does anyone know exactly what shots will get the combo?

#5851 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Tried to get this for half an hour tonight. Couldnt get one. Im running LA-2 in the machine. Have to say i have had the game for a long time and cant say ive ever seen a combo scored.

It is indeed left ramp-left ramp-right ramp. The score is 15M. I’m on LX-1.

3 weeks later
#5893 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

My WCS is having issues scoring a goal from the upper eject hole (free kick) kick out up by the goal. The solenoid just seems to be too weak to make it all the way into the goal. It almost makes it but just a little bit short. Any ideas on how to fix this / adjust the strength of that solenoid?
Thanks
Ed

Replace the spring. When it goes soft it takes away the energy from the solenoid.

1 month later
#5957 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Friend of mine has a prototype wcs94 thats all original, less than 350 plays in mint condition. What would this be valued at?

What are the differences between this prototype and the production games (other than the pf label and the red boards)?

1 month later
#6023 3 years ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

I also wanted to mention / vent here about how I had to fix a bunch of wiring hackery on my WCS. This is the second pin I've bought, and on my first pin (Radical) I had a bunch of wiring hackery to fix as well. Now my sample pool is still pretty small, but I just have to say: What is up with operators going to such great lengths avoiding simple things like replacing burnt up connectors and headers, instead of wiring switching power supplies and splicing wires? How is the amount of time necessary to do all that, and money for the parts, a better solution that $2 in parts, and then some time soldering it in?
In both games (Radical and WCS) this was done, because the GI connector burnt up. All that work, to circumvent it, and they would have fixed it better, and cheaper had they just done it right. This seems like a common thing here in Europe. Maybe parts are just harder to get here.
I just can't get over how much effort is put into fixing these the wrong way.
Any of you had problems like that on your WCS or other pins?
Fortunately, I was able to fix the connectors (bought a new driver board), and rip out all of the additional junk. So my WCS is back to factory wiring and is running as intended.
Alright rant finished. Hope you all are having a great day!

Downtime costs money. So if you don’t have the parts on hand you do a field fix to keep the game running until parts arrive. But when the parts arrive you never get around to fixing it because you have all the other problems to deal with.

#6046 3 years ago
Quoted from DBUM:

Does anyone have a list of the bulbs needed and or flashers list somewhere. I just want to know how many flashers and lamps of each socket type and possibly location

Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Thanks guys. Great info on the lights.
My tally:
G.I.: 73 555s.
Playfield: 49 555s, 21 44s.
Grand total: 122 555s, 21 44s.
This includes:
- All the G.I on the playfield, backbox, backpanel, coin slots, start button, and extra-ball button.
- All the inserts and lights on the playfield including pop-bumpers.
Flashers are excluded.

4 weeks later
#6177 3 years ago

The sound on my WCS suddenly become very distorted (after moving the pin). There is only noise when a sound is played and not in between sounds (see link). Anyone knows what the problem can be?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zxC2LYf4oH1b-SvcAAos_-sMOZa3j_lq/view?usp=sharing

3 months later
#6487 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

A lot of corosion due to humidity.
Is there something I can do about it beide cleaning or replacing the corroded parts?

You can use a tumbler. The parts will be as new.
https://www.flippers.be/tumblers.html

#6489 3 years ago
Quoted from Kaps:

Anyone have a trick on getting the ball into the cointoss gate closest to the plunger? I can easily get it into the top two, but I have played dozens of games and can't for the life of me get it into the one closest to the plunger.

It should go there on a full plunge. If not, then replace the plunger coil and sleeve. Make sure it’s the right strength of the coil.

#6493 3 years ago
Quoted from steveontilt:

Hi everyone, picked up a world cup last weekend! very excited about owning this game (its my second pin). my excitement unfortunately faded a little tonight as it appears to have some issues (not sure if I got duped or its related to transporting it).My problem started when the game reset on me yesterday in the middle of a game after running all week without issue (probably played 40 games between my son and I without issue). I played the rest of the night and it ran flawlessly so I shrugged it off and hoped it was just a random glitch. unfortunately tonight it only lasted a couple of games and reset again... then again and now I'm lucky if I get through my first ball. does any one have any idea where I should start with trouble shooting my issue? the only thing I've changed since I got it home was to put it into freeplay I'm assuming this has nothing to do with the issue. any help or direction would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Resets are a very common issue with WPC games. Quite often it is caused by corrosion on the contacts between the power board and the cpu board, causing a slight voltage drop which will reset the cpu.

Try to re-seat the connectors between the power board and the cpu board (both ends). You might need to replace the connectors and headers.

1 week later
#6551 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Crazy that they magnetize after one magnet grab. Haha

That lock magnet is vicious.

1 week later
#6580 3 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

The only thing that was still giving me fits was the kicker/saucer for the goalie. Half the time it kicks fine; half the time it’s a wimpy kick and doesn’t make it to the goal. Haven’t figured that out yet.

Replace the spring in the kicker mechanism.

2 weeks later
#6692 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Pretty tough to do with no auto plunger.

Have you played the World Cup final?

#6715 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

When I plunge all the balls.... I flipper with right hand, and plunge with left hand crossed under my right arm. LOL. I look like an idiot.... but it works

Brilliant. I’m going to try that. Any chance to look like an idiot.

1 week later
#6766 3 years ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Any suggestions on making the tv/final draw scoop easier. I swear I brick it all the time. Gotta be one of the toughest shots in pinball.

It’s not supposed to be easy. That’s why it’s awesome.

#6783 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I've never seen this game call out a combo and I swear I've hit 3 ways a bunch of times. What gives?

Which software version are you on?

#6786 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

LX-2?
[quoted image]

I’m on LX-1 and have the combo. Don’t know if this is only available in certain software versions.

1 week later
#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

Anyone know the length of the 14 pin ribbon, for the dot matrix display. Think mine mine be losing connection...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5795-12838-30

3 months later
#6964 2 years ago
Quoted from rockwell:

I woulda got the DMD but it was out of stock.

You can get the PinSound DMD board.
https://www.pinsound.org/dmdlux/

2 weeks later
#6989 2 years ago
Quoted from provato:

That is amazing programming!

Code by Larry DeMar. He’s a legend.

5 months later
#7261 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Okay peeps, what was the true reason for the gold legs and wireform on the game when the rest of the metal is silver?

Gold is obviously referring to what you get when you win the World Cup. They probably thought it would be too pumped with everything in gold.

#7277 2 years ago
Quoted from Banksy:

Hi I recently purchased a World Cup Soccer (my first pin)and after owning it for 2 months my dmd has started malfunctioning. Any help on how to resolve would be very much appreciated.

Reseat/replace the ribbon cable.

2 months later
#7403 2 years ago

My diverter is touching the ramp. How is the diverter shaft supposed to be supported? What is holding it up other than the plunger arm? Looking at the schematics it looks like the shaft is drawn the wrong way around.

78290809-B50A-4D78-BA7C-93BAF0A0B8D6 (resized).png78290809-B50A-4D78-BA7C-93BAF0A0B8D6 (resized).png812C0F19-0DB3-4C27-9D65-EA29AAF8B804 (resized).jpeg812C0F19-0DB3-4C27-9D65-EA29AAF8B804 (resized).jpegEFFCF201-EFEA-49F4-84DD-26A94F7052DD (resized).jpegEFFCF201-EFEA-49F4-84DD-26A94F7052DD (resized).jpeg

#7407 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re probably missing the plastic spacer that goes on top of the ramp where the diverter arm comes through. Your below the playfield setup shows the diverter arm coming through way too much. Should be flush with the crank. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks chuckwurt. Yes I’m missing the spacer.

3 weeks later
#7427 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Cool, thanks. I tried to get my wireforms and coin toss brass plated locally and both places wouldn't touch them due the required clear coat after plating to prevent tarnishing. I had them powder coated but am not super thrilled with the look and feel. The chrome looks great and I may pursue that. WCS may be the game that I try my first full restore on, it is the only game that I've owned twice.

You can check out these guys for brass plating:
https://pinballplating.com/

1 month later
#7508 1 year ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Wires on the interlock switch are good. I cleaned each of the connecting blades on the switch and no change. Maybe the switch itself has gone bad... but if any of you guys have ideas for other things to check, I'm open to it.
Both of the 12v test points on the PPB are giving correct voltages (11.99 and 12.15 respectively).

Check that you have 20V at J106-5 and J107-6.

1 month later
#7563 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Thanks a lot. We're both happy with the trade. That's the beauty of everyone enjoying different games for different reasons.
Now my collection is very Bally Williams heavy... The Stern WPT got traded for the WCS94 and the Data East Lethal Weapon 3 got traded for the Bride of Pinbot.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice collection. Congratulations.

4 weeks later
#7627 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Anyone happen to know how many GI bulbs are on or under the playfield? Looking to do my entire game and need to buy the bulbs. Wasn't sure how many GI bulbs to get (of each base, wedge and bayonet).
The backbox I have done already and the manual lists all the insert lamps. Just looking to know about the GI bulbs. A location map would be great, but just the number of each would be fine too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/79#post-4229876

#7634 1 year ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Does anyone have a link to the ROM version lists and the changes made to each version?
I seem to have LX-1 ROM and I’m not sure if there was a version after and what the changes are.

LX-2 is the latest.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2811/Bally_1994_World_Cup_Soccer_ROM_L_2.zip

Revision History:
Version L-2
Date: July 7, 1994
U6: Checksum: E102 (A – USA/Canada)
Checksum: DC02 (X – Export)
The export version supersedes all A ROMs.

Changes from revision L-1:

Enhanced display refresh logic to compensate for some display
driver boards sometimes “freezing up”.

Fixed German buy-in pricing.

Version L-1
Date: July 7, 1994
U6: Checksum: 3601 (A – USA/Canada)
Checksum: 3A01 (X – Export)

Initial release to production.

1 week later
#7653 1 year ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Oh also does ANYONE know where I can find an extra ball button? The plastic on mine is cracked. They seem to be very hard to find now!
[quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9663-D-1

7 months later
#8121 11 months ago
Quoted from Thegamerskunk:

Thinking of ordering some new flippers for my WCS, but idk what color they should be. Probably gonna buy purple ones but would you recommend any other color since the playfield already is so purple? Although, purple is my favorite color.

They should be white with red rubber.

4 months later
#8290 6 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Troubleshooting help please - sorry, I'm new to fixing these older games.
Never had any mechanical issues with this game in the year I have had it. I was playing a game last night. Drained a ball. Next ball did not eject into the trough. I opened the coin door and manually ejected a ball. Shot the ball into the VUK and it did not fire the coil to shoot the ball up.
Is there a power board I need to look at? The bumpers, flippers, goalie, and ball were all working correctly.

Go to the test menu and fire the solenoids to see that they are working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonaldRayGun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=RonaldRayGun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.