(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,472 posts
  • 739 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by AlexRogan84
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
PXL_20240206_021502397~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021438171 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021337603~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
20240126_183106~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231544_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231433_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RDReynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

Was I think the third pin I ever owned...wound up trading it & cash for a TSPP. HUGE mistake! Wound up getting another one a couple years later, and it will never leave. It is by far our most played pin. LOVE this game!!!

3 months later
#335 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I removed the final draw cliffy last night as it was impossible to make that shot... Maybe I just dont know how to shoot it but after an hour with the glass off trying different feeds to both flippers I walked away with nothing... Really annoying... Any tips on this shot?

Sounds silly, but practice practice practice. I actually sold my first WCS because I could never make the shot. Got a second machine, and practiced like crazy. I can hit it on a pretty regular basis now...from the left flipper. Still need to work on back handing it from the right.

2 months later
#441 10 years ago

This may have been asked, but can we change this to a Club thread?

1 week later
#464 10 years ago

That's what makes it fun. Was sad on Coast2Coast that Nate missed the strategy involved there.

And there is strategy, no doubt. My son tells me constantly, "Daddy, don't have more than 3 balls in play at a time!" He's only 8, but I think he's right! LOL

#465 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yep, it kicked ass.
When the flippers went dead I was sure the pin was malfunctioning.

Flippers also go dead on SWEP1 and if I recall correctly, CV. It's kinda a JPop trademark.

1 week later
#483 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Does anyone's magna-save actually stop SDTM drains? Mine sure doesn't...

Mine either, which is why I wondered in another thread if it was possible to install a stronger magnet?

1 week later
#490 10 years ago

Hold out and hope for a WCS updated Color DMD!

1 month later
#547 10 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

This was a new one for me. Happened during multi ball.

WCS.jpg 49 KB

Have had that happen a couple times with one ball, but never had that happen to both at once!

1 week later
#564 10 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone ever have a problem with the lock release solenoid for the mini playfield ball lock? See this video for how mine behaves, it barely works...
» YouTube video
The solenoid fires, but doesn't hold long enough for the ball to fall through. After 4-5 attempts it does eventually work. I was looking at how this mechanism works and it's extremely simple - just one single solenoid, no switches. I imagine the game holds some current on the solenoid to hold it down, but that's obviously not working properly on mine.
What do you guys think is a likely cause? Bad drive transistor maybe?

I'll check mine tonight, but is it possible that the alignment on the post is off?

#568 10 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone ever have a problem with the lock release solenoid for the mini playfield ball lock? See this video for how mine behaves, it barely works...
» YouTube video
The solenoid fires, but doesn't hold long enough for the ball to fall through. After 4-5 attempts it does eventually work. I was looking at how this mechanism works and it's extremely simple - just one single solenoid, no switches. I imagine the game holds some current on the solenoid to hold it down, but that's obviously not working properly on mine.
What do you guys think is a likely cause? Bad drive transistor maybe?

Actually, I think the coil is probably fine. There is a switch there that triggers when the post is to go down; two of them actually (to detect a second ball in there for two player games). My guess is that first switch is bad; it is telling the coil to release too quickly. Replace that, and I bet your problem goes away.

#570 10 years ago

Welcome! You got a great game, Gnatty!

BTW, what's everyone's favorite shot? I love the travel shot, when that rear lift gate opens and the ball comes SCREAMING back into the lower play field!

#578 10 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I wonder what disabling the diverter would do for gameplay flow. Does anyone think it would make things too easy? Too hard? It would make locking the ball only possible from the right ramp, which is definitely a tougher shot than the left. Anything else?

It would make it REALLY tough on my machine because I only get that magnet to hold on a right ramp shot maybe 50% of the time. The ball simply travels too fast and the magnet doesn't grab it. Was actually kicking around putting another gate up there just to slow the ball down a bit so it would always catch it...

#595 10 years ago

Doesn't it spin a different direction in the World Cup final? I thought it did...

2 weeks later
#612 10 years ago

Was just playing this today and wanted to again say how much I LOVE this machine. So fun!

One wish: I'd love to have the TV awards be random. Where's Striker is so fun, yet I rarely get to see it.

2 weeks later
#711 10 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I think I may be the only pinsider here who owns this game and hasn't LED'd it out yet. I do have to admit that there are more than a few games shown here that look fantastic with the new light show though. I wonder if it is the green/purple/blue color scheme?

I haven't LED'ed mine. Just don't care for the look personally.

#714 10 years ago

Just took a quick pic with the glass on, so a ramp is in the way, but hopefully this helps.

wcsplastic.jpgwcsplastic.jpg
1 week later
#736 10 years ago

My son (only eight years old!) has told me for years that you don't want to have all five balls in play at once if you want to win the final. "THREE ONLY, DADDY!!!!" I thought he was crazy, but then I tried his strategy...and it works!!! If you have all of them in there, it's really tough to get and they slam into each other too much. Slow and steady!!

#746 10 years ago

Corner kick is the kickback, right? Yeah, you should be able to get goals from there.

#755 10 years ago
Quoted from Decat:

Here are the first modifications to my WCS:
3D Soccer ball smashing through backglass
image.jpg 243 KB

All the way back to this one...where did you get that? Me wantee!

1 week later
#770 10 years ago

That's the one. I ordered it, it shows it on CARS so I think it would be ok on a pin. I have it on mine, looks very nice, installs easily, and since it's on with static (you put water on the glass, then flatten it out), it should just pop right off.

#775 10 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

Spinner awards travel, but I think only the rollover triggers the one-way gate to open such that the ball isn't stopped over the pop-bumper lanes.

Yes, I believe this is correct. Love that ball flying through there; have had it bounce back to the right saucer before. Way cool!

#779 10 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

I actually don't like the fact that it goes around the orbit the way it does. You are not rewarded for a good shot. While travel is a significant award, there is considerable risk with the shot as it hurtles into the left sling and then god knows where else after. Usually right outlane.
With regards to the spinner, it is the trigger that awards travel. In fact, if you have multiple travels stacked you can advance a city on the way up and if the ball doesn't make orbit and comes back down, you are awarded another.

Ah, precisely why I DO like the shot; it adds some insanity to the game.

Remember - the ball is wild.

4 weeks later
#871 9 years ago

That's a good price if a magnet and coin door are all that need replacing. Both should be pretty simple fixes.

#885 9 years ago

Have I mentioned how much I love this mod yet? Best $4.99 I ever spent on a machine!

117308-i.jpg117308-i.jpg
1 month later
#1032 9 years ago

Anyone know where to get a goalie plastic? I don't seem to be finding them in stock anywhere online at the moment...

2 weeks later
#1083 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Hmmmm no flashers and fuse f111 is good. Any idea where to look next?

Stupid question: are you testing it with the coin door open? They won't flash with that open.

#1089 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Stupid answer....Yes. I was there tonight working on and sure enough thats what I found. Luckily it was the first thing I tried. Either way I would of found out when I saw this
Everything works now.... or worked before. Thanks everyone.

I had done the exact same thing and was baffled. Which is how I knew to ask it.

1 month later
#1137 9 years ago

Posted this elsewhere, but thought it would be good to do it here too.

Was talking with someone about their WCS and wound up talking about the travel loop. Mine basically winds up feeding the left sling, while his went higher. Anyone know where it SHOULD feed?

#1143 9 years ago

Would be pretty tough for it to consistently hit that in lane. Pretty sure it is supposed to hit the left sling. Thinking your path is sending it too high maybe?

#1153 9 years ago

Mine plays REALLY fast. I pitch it as high as possible just to give it that little extra boost.

#1162 9 years ago
Quoted from Decat:

I agree completely, but believe it or not I still think that Popeye's item multiball is one of the most satisfying and difficult multiballs in pinball. I know most will not agree, but most have probably not played a properly setup Popeye.
Question: does everyone here constantly put as many balls into play as possible and try to keep them in play when playing Germany for the World Cup or do you just launch one controlled ball at a time to your right flipper for a one time shot and then let drain? I find that focusing on one ball from shooter lane is more consistent, but I have higher top goal scores from keeping 4-5 balls in play.
Second question: what is your best goal score versus Germany? Mine is 11 goals

My son (8) tells me that the best thing to do is have no more than 3 balls in play during World Cup. I thought he was insane, but it turns out he is right! Any more just causing too much traffic.

Also, props for giving Popeye some love. I know most people hate it, but I found it to be a lot of fun.

#1163 9 years ago
Quoted from JLou04:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who did the voiceover for WCS? Is it someone notable (an actual sports announcer, etc), or just some guy who recorded some lines for a pinball game 20 years ago?

I THINK it was Tim Kitzrow, who also did voiceover for NBA Jam and NFL Blitz?

1 month later
#1237 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Haven't played WCS much lately. Machine must have appreciated the attention. Made it to the World Cup final twice for the first time ever! Felt like I couldn't miss a shot.

image.jpg 208 KB

Amazing score! Double my best!!

#1247 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has anyone put a ColorDMD Sigma in this game? I know they are expensive, but man....look great in my other games....been debating on this one next, and just curious ....thanks....mark

Really hoping/dreading they do a Color DMD version of the game. Would look great, but my wallet was hoping to get a break after buying one for IJ!

#1267 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All .. fyi we are getting a new run of WCS soccer balls going. ALSO, wondering if I should try some Purple w/White or Black and Teal/Green with White or Black balls as well - let me know your thoughts no that.
Also, we are working on the WCS cabinet art, and have some original artwork - have the sides all done and now working on the backbox and coin doors, so hopefully soon (and correct) WCS cabinet decals ...
rick

Different colors on the ball sounds very cool!!

#1279 9 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I just bought a WCS94, got it set up last night. I've only had a chance to play a few games. The only problem that I keep running into is that the ball occasionally sticks in the area in the back of the Striker hole. It is not released by a ball search. Every time, I have to remove the glass and get a long screwdriver to dislodge the ball.
It looks like there is a little hollowed out area just beyond the actual VUK (on the same plane as the playfield). There is a small metal piece to the right of the hole that wedges the ball in very tight. What is this area supposed to look like? Is there supposed to be an actual "scoop" blocking this hollow area? Or is there anything in that hollowed out area usually? Is the metal piece usually bent in the way? Does anyone have a picture of this area, so I could compare? Ideas?

Have you been able to figure this issue out?

If not...paging John Wart Jr....paging John Wart Jr...

#1281 9 years ago

Popeye is a woefully underrated machine.

#1288 9 years ago

It's funny, I love Cliffys on all my other games...on WCS, I'm not 100% sure. That said, since they are on, I'm not going through the pain of removing them.

#1296 9 years ago

I'd also suggest changing out balls. Possible that perhaps it's magnetized and causing part of the issue? I wouldn't think it would stick there (more likely in the trough), but would be good to rule that out.

1 week later
#1331 9 years ago

If you tie, it goes into sudden death. FIRST GOAL WINS!!!

7 months later
#1712 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I am in the club!

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Ummm...that is a killer one-two punch in the form of WCS and WW. I am very envious, as I miss my WW dearly.

BUT...those cabarets you have there...I think I am even more envious of those! They look great!!!

#1714 8 years ago

I have a Pac-Man cabaret running a 60-in-1. It spends its summers at the local drive in movie theater my friends own. Would love to find a horizontal cabaret to multicade and take its place at home.

#1715 8 years ago

Back on topic, WCS is so great it's one of only two games I've ever bought twice. WW will be joining that club.

#1718 8 years ago

Mine never causes too much chaos, no. Anyone try the silicone trick mentioned above?

#1724 8 years ago

That's King Arthur, John's cat. He sneaks into all JPop games.

3 weeks later
#1777 8 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I

No auto plunger.
I always thought that was a good thing, you can decide how many balls you want in play at that time. To me it was part of the strategy of the game.

Absolute FACT. It also forces you to make a very tough decision - do I take my hands off the right flipper to plunge another ball? Or do I forgo that and make sure I can continue to flip?

Decisions decisions.

3 months later
#1941 8 years ago

This is correct. It will spin both ways. Has anyone figured out how to get the ball to grip the pinballs a bit more? On mine they just kinda slowly roll off no matter how fast the soccer ball is spinning...

#1949 8 years ago

Mine are pretty strong. I have zero issue hitting any ramps and can really make things scream on a trip around the back of the machine...

3 months later
#2009 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

This game is still one of my top earners!
I beats No Good Gofers ever damn month side by side!

Interesting. I am playing around with putting mine on location at our drive in theater this year.

1 month later
#2086 8 years ago

Possible the balls or the trough itself is magnetized. I had that happen on my IJ. Basically a ball will not move from time to time down the trough after landing in it. Then it does and the machine gets confused.

Easy first step would be to replace the balls then the trough itself. Also possible there is some debris in there causing it, like a piece of lint of something...

1 week later
#2109 8 years ago

Wow, 5B is huge. I've never done that I don't think. I seem to always top out 4.5B or so...nice job!

2 months later
#2313 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Sadly I'm no longer a WCS owner. I sold my machine to a friend. I plan to get another some day soon because this is such a great game! Keep up the cool mods and customizations. I can't wait to do another one!

WCS is only one of two games I ever decided I had to have back. Yeah, you'll be returning to the club one day.

#2348 7 years ago

WCS did not come with lightning flippers, no.

4 weeks later
#2458 7 years ago

I find the right ramp to be a very tough shot. But it's very rewarding when you do get it.

The only thing I REALLY don't like about the right ramp shot is it will be going so fast that sometimes the magnet can't catch the ball for a lock. At least it's that way on mine. Anyone else have that issue? Or better yet, a FIX for that issue?

#2460 7 years ago

The switch definitely works. What I think is happening is that the ball is screaming by so fast the magnet simply isn't strong enough to catch it. I'd love to replace both magnets on this game for stronger ones...think about how great it would be to actually have the Magna Save be of use!

2 weeks later
#2511 7 years ago

The pinbits protector solved these exact issues on my IJ. Strongly advise getting it.

2 months later
#2769 7 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Wow! Had it humming today...played Germany twice. Won 5-4OT and lost 7-2. Hit a ton a victory laps and was racking up the points. #15 score on Pinside!!!! Just when I think I'm tired of it, it pulls me right back in!!!!

Great score! Don't think I've ever top 5B before.

1 week later
#2818 7 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

I started doing a topside teardown of my WCS for the first time tonight. As I was taking the right ramp off I noticed a picture of a cat on the part of the ramp at the back right of the playfield. Anyone know if there is a story behind this?

That's Arthur, JPop hides him in all his games.

#2820 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I like to keep the soccer ball sticker printers in business!
Funny I actually do not like soccer as a sport lol - but I love this pinball.

I did not like soccer at all either. My son started playing and I can watch him, but on TV or whatever? No thanks.

Like you, though, I LOVE this game. In fact, it's one of the only machines I have ever bought twice because after I sold it I missed it so much...

11 months later
#3352 6 years ago

Not sure if anyone has need, but I have a couple spare WCS trans. One is an original with Slight yellowing, the other is a high quality, super nice repro. Looking for $125 obo shipped for either of them in the USA.

PM me if interested.

IMG_0451 (resized).JPGIMG_0451 (resized).JPG

IMG_0452 (resized).JPGIMG_0452 (resized).JPG

#3353 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Not sure if anyone has need, but I have a couple spare WCS trans. One is an original with Slight yellowing, the other is a high quality, super nice repro. Looking for $125 obo shipped for either of them in the USA.
PM me if interested.

Repro gone, still have the original.

7 months later
#4004 6 years ago

I have a new soccer ball replacement available that has never been used. It's the same one from Marco's site. I would be willing to sell it for $35 shipped in the USA. Please PM me if interested.

detail (resized).JPGdetail (resized).JPG

#4005 6 years ago

Ball is sold. Thx!

1 month later
#4079 5 years ago

During my spring cleaning, I noticed I still had a spare WCS trans. It's original, just slightly yellowed. I'd sell it for $100 shipped in the US if anyone is interested...

229015fc74980c6c97aa13c54a1827be6d17f2f1 (resized).jpg229015fc74980c6c97aa13c54a1827be6d17f2f1 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 14.95
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RDReynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=RDReynolds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.