(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballNewb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1787 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Have had WCS for about two months now...made it to the big game against Germany for the first time today! Won 6-4! What a great multi-ball! I now have a whole new appreciation for the game...kid friendly for my 5 and 10 year kids...not going anywhere in the foreseeable future..... GO USA WOMEN'S TEAM ... Tomorrow night Vs Germany!!!!

Just made it again a half hour ago. Must have went through six cities on my last ball to make it.

Most goals ever is still the first time I made though with 10. Don't think I'll ever hit that again!

1 month later
#1866 8 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I've tested all of the transmitters using an edge test and all check out okay. Could you explain how I can determine which swtich has a bad diode? I'm unsure which switch to start with. Thanks again - I know I'll get this figured out evenually. I have to, I love this game!

Have you tried unscrewing the transmitter board from the trough and looking at each led through your camera phone to ensure each one is bright?

1 month later
#1935 8 years ago

Having a small issue where the game is giving me a credit for hitting a shot that earns you one of the S's in the soccer ball that builds towards ball lock.

I believe it has something to do with the left ramp switch because the diverter is changing positions without hitting the ramp and it corresponds with one of the S's it's erroneously giving me credit for.

It seems to happen quickly at the beginning of a game and that's it. Switch Test did not show anything obvious when testing several different switches. Anyone ever encounter something like this?

3 weeks later
#1963 8 years ago
Quoted from beardorew:

Yeah, that one is broken. Also the plastic below the left ramp is broken above the rubbers for the tackle target.
My only real complaint with the gameplay is the travel loop shoots directly into the left outlane almost 100% of the time on a clean shot. Makes it incredibly difficult to shoot for the cities unless the kickback is lit. Anyway to adjust the way the ball exits the right side?

Woah. Mine never comes out that far. I normally hit the bottom half of the left sling. Something is off there.

#1965 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Honestly, I think it depends a lot on game speed, slope, and coil power.
I've seen games who's kickback lands the ball in the TV Scoop, while others end up hitting the Magna-Save target. Really varies. Though, in theory, if you adjust the screws holding on the metal guide, you can likely aim it down a little more.

I think he was referring to the left loop feeding the ball to the kickback (or drain) everytime. FWIW though my kickback hits the soccer ball, and if spinning will score a goal for the bicycle kick score. Wouldn't mind it going to the TV scoop though because I have a hard enough time hitting it consistently!

3 months later
#2041 8 years ago

Tim Kitzrow, same guy who voices The Shadow

Did not know he did The Shadow! I just knew he was the NBA jam guy.

#2053 8 years ago

10 goals but high score is only mid 3 billion.

1 week later
#2088 8 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I'm having trouble with my World Cup Soccer kicking out additional balls into the shooter lane while in the middle of a game. It's come and gone for a long time - sometimes it goes away for months. I've replaced the opto boards in the trough and they don't seem to be the issue. The switch tests all seem to show that they are working fine. Anyone else had a problem with this? Ideas on how to attack this problem?

I have. I will get that very occasionally. I also have a problem with the game thinking the ball in play has drained when it hasn't. I know it's because the LED on the trough board for the 5th ball is at times dimming or fading completely out. Messing with the connector does not really cause it to go on and off, but I want to try to replace the connectors anyway. I'm having a difficult time finding .100 connectors however.

#2102 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

Just joined the club and this is also my first pinball machine. This one has a lot of significance for me. I've been searching for awhile and it's in great condition. Couple of questions.
I'm having one problem where the ball gets stuck on the right side bottom part of play field. Just a wrong size ring or something else causing the problem? I've attached a pic.
I've ordered LED's for this but not flashers. Can anyone tell me a list of what LED flashers they ordered for theirs? I am unsure of what quantity of colors for 906 and 89's.
Is the spinning soccer ball always really noisy, is there a way to make it quieter? I'm sure it is never silent but from my experience noise can sometimes mean things are rubbing together or there is more friction than normal somewhere.
Last question, I've read through this whole thread but wondering if their are any updated suggestions of where to get a new spinning soccer ball from? Mine is rather worn and doesn't seem to have any grip on it.
Thanks!
IMAG0049-768x1365_(resized).jpg

Is the rubber too low on the post? Hard to tell from that angle.

#2103 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I have. I will get that very occasionally. I also have a problem with the game thinking the ball in play has drained when it hasn't. I know it's because the LED on the trough board for the 5th ball is at times dimming or fading completely out. Messing with the connector does not really cause it to go on and off, but I want to try to replace the connectors anyway. I'm having a difficult time finding .100 connectors however.

Welp I finally said screw it and simply decided to swap the wires for led 7 and led 6 on the idc connector to the trough board. Low and behold, led 7 (which the game doesn't use since it only uses 5 balls) is now dimming instead of led 6. Very much a work around, but after months of dicking around with it unsuccessfully, I can finally play without random erroneous drains.

Now excuse me, I have Germany to tend to.

1 week later
#2118 8 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Thanks for the explanation.
Once I shoot a goal the ball keeps an spinning and the goalie keeps on moving?

Does the game acknowledge you scored a goal via announcer and DMD?

1 month later
#2223 8 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

NEED HELP!
On power up, I am getting a "OPTO TROUGH BAD" message. I do not want to panic, and assume it's my Opto 7 board.
Here's what I have done:
I tested the switches in test mode, as I stated above
I re-seated all of the connectors
I removed the ir transmitter board from the trough and viewed the ir emitters through my phone, using the camera
I used the test mode to determine if the opto switches are all working
Here's what I know:
I get the error above on power up, and the machine does not function
I first got the error, but it started working again, then died, then worked, now it does not work at all.
The red led is lit on the opto controller board (hanging vertical under the left corner of the playfield)
In my switch tests, it is changing the states for ball 1 through ball 5 from closed to open, as I drop in each ball.
Switch 36 is always open (should normall be closed according to manual)
Viewing the ir emitters through my phone shows they are all working
Flipper buttons work, and register in test mode
My theory:
I believe that switch 36 "ball stack" should be closed.
I suspect that the 6th opto switch on the trough, which is interrupted as the ball gets pushed up the plunger, is not working.
If the above is true, I have already learned that the emitter is working, so the receiving diode is probably bad, or a bad solder broken loose by vibration, or possible it is not aimed properly.
What I need from YOU (the group):
Since I am not clear on what "normal behavior" is for these opto sensors...
Can someone please go into switch test mode, so you can see the matrix, go to switch 36, and see if it is open or closed. Then, either kick a ball up, or stick a finger down there to see if the state of 36 changes.
Also, if you have any other ideas, theories, or things I can try, please, please let me know.
Attached is an image from the manual, showing the photo sensors (a mirror of the ir emitters). I suspect sensor Q1 is bad (upper left corner of image).
Any and all help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Dana

2016-04-02_18_58_41-WCS94_-_Google_Drive_(resized).jpg

Mine is always closed. When a ball is lifted up it switches to open. If you've verified the led transmitter is indeed working, then I would focus on the alignment of both it and the receiver.

You can also test the receiver by going into the switch test and shining one of the leds at it while you have the transmitter board off the trough.

1 month later
#2444 7 years ago

Can someone explain "victory lap"? What is it, how is it achieved? How does it rack up points?

After you climb the ladder and defeat Germany through the regular final draw multiball it kicks in. While you still have multiball going, ramps and I believe any extra goals award a victory lap. Worth 50 million each. Very fun.

2 weeks later
#2505 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

do you guys know why balls would stick in my ball trough? stick may be a bad word to use. it just seems like there isn't enough inertia to move the balls down to the kickout. when there's five balls in there, it's fine, but when that ball locks sometimes the second ball isn't down on top of the coil. you look down there and nudge the machine a little until it moves down. obviously that shouldn't be a standard feature.
any ideas? clean my trough out maybe? that seems pretty random.

Trough may be pitted. You can file it to smooth it out.

Balls may have become magnetized.

Another thing is make sure you have the correct screws attaching the opto board. If the screw is longer than it should be and screwed in enough it can block the balls.

3 weeks later
#2619 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Nice looking PF there!

Yeah that looks great! Like the orange pops.

1 month later
#2684 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Does anyone actually use the Magna Save feature? If so, when?

The only time I use it is when you hit TV Award #2 and need to hit the Striker hole for an extra ball. On the kick out from the scoop I find it useful to magna save so you have the ball cradled on the left flipper and can go for the extra ball right away.

#2686 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Brings me to a question. Where should the ball end up when kicked out of the TV Award hole? Noticed that mine seems to go SDTM every time.

Mine kicks to the middle of the left flipper.

1 week later
#2736 7 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

hi guys if you have to choose between world cup soccer and the getaway both in nice condition at the same price what would you choose

Both? I wouldn't trade my WCS for a Getaway. I don't really get the love for that game though. Grab WCS then get a HS on the cheap.

#2737 7 years ago

Need help on two small issues while shopping out my game:
1) the three lights for corner kick / kickback. Top and bottom lights not working. Put in new bulbs and new sockets. Neither one fixed issue. Do I need a new light board? If so, where do I purchase?
2) game shows drain while ball in play and kicks out extra balls into shooter lane. I cleaned all the optos and it seemed to work fine. Then started doing again. Magnetized balls perhaps? Other issue to consider?

Have you checked the optos using your camera on your phone? If you have an iPhone you may have to use the front facing. I had a nagging opto issue that was driving me insane. As it turns out one opto would appear to be fine and then would dim or go completely out when flippers were engaged or due to vibrations.

#2745 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Turn phone on. Run camera app. Aim camera at emitters (white mounting bodies). If the LESs look white like they're on, or glowing (depending on phone camera), it's probably good.

You can unscrew the trough board as well to get an easier look at them. On my galaxy they emit pinkish light.

#2770 7 years ago

Wow! Had it humming today...played Germany twice. Won 5-4OT and lost 7-2. Hit a ton a victory laps and was racking up the points. #15 score on Pinside!!!! Just when I think I'm tired of it, it pulls me right back in!!!!

Monster score!

3 weeks later
#2872 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Has anyone had problems with left ramp rejects? I got my diverter working properly, however, I now get rejects when the diverter is pointing the ball to go left...it makes it all the way to the top of the ramp past the diverter, then comes back down (like it has so much velocity, it just bashes the ramp back instead of rounding the curve). Thanks

Do you have any chips or cracks in the ramp at the top? Mine is cracked and would do the same thing you are describing. I did a quick fix by putting a few layers of masking tape over the crack to smooth it out. Works fine now with no rejects.

2 weeks later
#2904 7 years ago

When you make a left ramp shot diverted to the left does your ball bounce backwards a little when dropping down to the ramp lane below? I've tried adjusting the metal piece where it drops down to the lower ramp plastic but cannot get it so it keeps it's momentum going forward when dropping down. I've seen Jack Danger's stream of WCS and the shot flowed much better than mine. Just makes that shot a bit slow returning to the left flipper or hitting the lock.

#2907 7 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Double check the table angle is at least 6 degrees. Gravity is your friend with that particular ramp arrangement.

Pitch is probably greater than 6. I have the back legs up almost as high as they go and the front are all the way down. It plays fast.

I don't think any pieces are wrong or missing, but any pics are welcome!

6 months later
#3218 7 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Question from a new owner! I defeated France with two balls remaining and then challenged Germany. It still stayed with the two balls and I didn't notice any scoring on Germany's end (it looked like I just had to hit the goal once just like any other match).
When does the actual scoring from Germany occur and the 5 ball multi ball? Am I missing a setting or is that only after you defeat them once?

You have to travel to LA and then hit the scoop to start the wizard mode against Germany.

8 months later
#3660 6 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Thank you very much. Would either of you mind attaching a picture. I am holding it near the right orbit in front of the coin toss and can't figure it out. Thanks again.

Sort of hard to get a good pic. The bottom “cup” shaped cut out is located at the exit of the right orbit. The screw hole is under the the right screw of the right ramp.

2 months later
#3946 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

My machine is making ghost calls such as:
What a save!
The guy is a wall!
It is also registering hits when I have ultra goalie.
All of these when the ball has not contacted the goalie.
Reasons?
Thanks will check back later.

Try tightening the screw on the goalie. I get that every year or so and the screw just needs tightened.

6 months later
#4367 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If I do end up having to re-pin these connectors and the pins... how/where would I go about getting these... I don't even know what to call them too google it.

http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=2625
http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=2433
http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=2637
http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=2636

As mentioned before, you will want to replace the male pins on the driver board. That's the biggest PITA. I've only had to do it once and it was obviously also my first time. I got through it with out any experience soldering previously. Just take your time, read up a bit, and you should be OK. Make sure you label all connectors when taking the board out as well. That will save you time in the long run when reconnecting and making sure you don't royally fuck something up. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballNewb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=PinballNewb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.