(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,472 posts
  • 739 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by AlexRogan84
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
PXL_20240206_021502397~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021438171 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021337603~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
20240126_183106~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231544_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231433_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballKen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#388 10 years ago

Will try and get some for you when I get home in the morning if there are not already some here.

Possibly related...I played another WCS94 at league on Saturday. Deaconblooze and I were talking about the differences in our machines as he got to play mine at the Mad Rollin tourney this year. Not sure how much variance there can be in flipper position but on my machine it is MUCH easier to hit the kickback relight than on his. Some shots were so different it was unreal.

But as you said, you're hitting it and it's still not going in so probably nothing to do with flippers.

He also had the new Saturn rubbers on there which made the game different. In a good way.

#394 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I am late to the show. New owner very fun game and very approachable.

Better late than never.

Anyone else eyeing up those new Saturn rubbers? Couple of colors on there that would look cool on this game. I want to see how easilt they clean up.

#395 10 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

GOAL!!
WCS is a great game, I love mine!

Just noticed you have been a pinside member for 2015 years!

Doctor?

#397 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

but the goalie movement is sporadic. Any tips where to look first? It does move, but stops and starts

I had a wire for the switch that was catching sometimes as it moved back and forth. Check to make sure wires are routed properly.

#400 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Thanks. It is quite annoying. My flippers need rebuilt and realigned but with buying a house just been too busy. Figure if my scoop is in need of replacement or repair I will do it all at the same time.

Sorry. Been fighting with people on the phone since I got off work (while sitting here on pinside of course). Tired and need to go to bed but will take pics for sure when I get off tomorrow morning.

#413 10 years ago

should you receive the striker object if you hit the goal instead of the striker hole directly?

This is in the settings. Default is to award the first striker award by hitting the unlit goal. Should not get a goal on striker hole.

#414 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Can someone please take a few pics of their final draw scoop

Camera had some trouble focusing on a few shots.

100_4420.JPG100_4420.JPG 100_4425.JPG100_4425.JPG 100_4423.JPG100_4423.JPG
#415 10 years ago

Now the blurry ones.

100_4426.JPG100_4426.JPG 100_4424.JPG100_4424.JPG 100_4421.JPG100_4421.JPG
#417 10 years ago

If goal is unlit, but striker hole is, I should or should not receive the striker award by hitting the unlit goal?

Depends on your setting. The default setting is to receive the first striker award (if lit) by shooting the ball into the unlit goal.

If the goal is lit, and hit the striker hole (either lit or unlit), should I receive a goal?

No, you should never receive a goal by hitting the striker hole.

And then, if the goal is lit, and striker is lit and I hit the goal, should I receive both the goal and the striker award?

No. You should only receive a goal by hitting a lit goal.

1 week later
#434 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has anyone changed the coils on the "assist" and " light free kick outs" ? Mine work, but seek a little lame....I'd like to see the ball come firing out of there, unless it's a glass shot.....thanks....mark

I went to a friends house and noticed that his assist dribbled up to the goal where as mine is a strong kick. Probably too strong as it bounces back out once and a while. Haven't tried to change them yet though. Let us know what you decide to do.

#442 10 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

WOW-EEE. Just got my newest game, WCS94 and boy is it sweet. Iv never seen a more cherry WCS94 than this one. Previous owner put a few LEDs in (looks like whenever a light would go out he would replace with an LED), but Im going to complete it and make it Bright!!
Who has some cool LED treatments on theirs? Id love to see them!

Might want to PM user Gov. I'm pretty sure he put up a full LED list and pics of what he did. I think it was in his own thread though.

In mine I REALLY like the color changing LED that the previous owner put in the final draw. I also think it's really sharp to have the blue LED's under the Ultra inserts.

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Simple game but fast and fun.
Loving it so far.
"ultra-post" me and a buddy tell each other this when having a bad game.

One of my favorite callouts of all time. "They can't seem to get control of the ball."

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I did a lot of work to mine tonight. Bought it needing a lot of stuff, and now it's almost complete....

Love the lighting in the basement!

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I was just guessing that draining was how Germany scores.
Someone on here will know.

Germany scores based on how hard you have the final draw setting. Easy 1-3 goals, medium 2-4 goals, hard 3-? goals. Supposed to be something like that anyway. I have mine on hard and Germany never scores over 5. Hard doesn't seem harder than medium on mine.

#457 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

With 5 ball multiball there surely will be drains.

Unlimited balls for 45 seconds could = MANY drains. Would be an interesting way to do Germany's scoring though. Earlier in this thread I posted my best MVP goal score (probably under my old DEWSHO account) of 13 or 14. I got that by only using 2 balls and had perfect timing.

1 week later
#473 10 years ago

Went to a pinsiders house the other day and played a couple of games of WCS. It was like playing a completely different game. Couldn't hit the Final Draw for anything! Was fun to see and feel all the differences.

#477 10 years ago

What is your magna-save like on the flipper. Does the ball snap right to it, or does it kinda spin around and maybe settle before the magnet stops?

I've actually played around with this since buying one. Increased magnet time up to 180, ball completely stopped and held for a short time. Put it to 60 and it's almost like a Wolverine magnet depending on how far your trying to use the magnet from. Default 120 can be a mix of both. Sometimes it will still be spinning when the magnet cuts out and plops it down the middle. But most times it's enough time to get complete control. Saw my son hit the magna-save and flipper as the ball went past, pulled the ball up tight against the bottom of the flipper.

Overall I think the magna-save is underrated. I like using it to shoot for the final draw, striker's hideout, or even to stop a left ramp shot that relights goal.

1 week later
#504 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can make room for free storage of operational games

Man we can call dibs on that now too?????? DDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Quoted from Whysnow:

Or we can find a local place that wants to let us operate a few games and make a Madison destination...

Are you offering to pimp Mark's games?

#508 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Yup, it is shocking how much the sport has grown here in the last 10 years.

I've been hearing that since I started playing soccer in the 70's. Love playing it, hate watching it. Just like tennis and golf.

Anybody picking up one of those $49 WCS94 balls? Curious as to quality.

#517 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Question about the assist(?) saucer next to the goal. On my friend's machine, the ball enjects and rolls into the goal. On my machine, the ball hops out of the sauce like it is being kicked. My friend looked at the papa video and said the WCS94 there worked like his machine. How is it supposed to work?

Played 3 different WCS lately. One at epthegeeks, one at beardbro's house, and mine. Theirs roll up to the goal, mine hops. Same end result. Although mine seems to have worse wear in the goal where the ball hits.

2 weeks later
#534 10 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Lets talk spinning soccer ball. How much extra action does yours give the pinball? Personally, mine doesnt do much in my opinion. How about yours?

I agree with tamoore. When I bought mine back in May, the ball was "pretty new". Just played a few games and the ball stills plays nice! A hard shot from the left flipper into the ball will bounce off and hit the upper left of the goal. Plenty of kickbacks will hit the ball nicely and cause some sweet goals. Or I could get a pinball come softly from the middle of the field or the pop bumpers, bounce off the top of the soccer ball few times, and come out with TONS of spin that usually requires some finesse to get back under control.

Of course since I've got mine, I haven't been able to play very well on 3 others I have access to. Maybe I'll get some new rubbers.

#541 10 years ago

From Mr. Pinball today: World Cup Soccer, 1994 Bally: $3600.00

Now I love my WCS, but someone has been checking E-bay prices or something.

2 weeks later
#545 10 years ago

Got beat by Germany yesterday 5-3. that goalie was unbeatable!!

#553 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Still pray for a fifa 2014 world cup pin.

Not going to happen. They only made a football pin at the height of pinball popularity AND when it was hosted in the US. Maybe some 2014 mods?

1 week later
#598 10 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

OK, I tried setting the Preset to Very Easy, and the soccer ball still spins counter-clockwise. Anyone else have a clue about why it would spin different directions on different machines? (And, I seem to recall seeing, switching directions at times for some people!)

In test mode I think it spins both directions but I've never really paid attention to in game. I think it mostly spins clockwise. It's possible your motor leads are backwards. Go to tests and spin it both directions and see if they are correct. Then reverse your motor leads if necessary.

#604 10 years ago

I would guess that all depends on the spin that's on the pinball at the time. The soccer ball puts some wicked spin on the pinball.

2 weeks later
#613 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Was just playing this today and wanted to again say how much I LOVE this machine. So fun!
One wish: I'd love to have the TV awards be random. Where's Striker is so fun, yet I rarely get to see it.

Game treated me right today! Selected it first game in all 4 rounds of the state finals and won every time. TOTALLY different than mine but I was able to adapt and do well.

1 week later
#628 10 years ago

There is going to be a new ramp set built hopefully soon and we can all get new ramps! For now I'd just live with it, if you can't, then Australia is really your only hope unless you get lucky somewhere.

Way back in the thread it was posted that they were re-making the ramps in "late summer". While that didn't happen, I'm hopeful it will be done this year, If I recall correctly it was the company in GA.

#647 10 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Ok, I've had this game for quit some time and every once in a while, a ball will drain down the lane that is used for the kickback. I hope I'm explaining this right. In other words, when the kickback is lit, if you followed the path the ball takes back into play, it's possible for the ball to go backwards down that lane and the result is a left side drain.
I'm wondering if there is supposed to be a one-way gate in that area so that this can't happen or is it just part of the game (frustrating when it happens and the kickback isn't lit).
Thanks,
Dave

No gate. In settings you can turn on "Header save"(?) and when it goes down that way it will kickback even if kickback isn't lit.

#693 10 years ago

I think it looks nice with the spots!

#718 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The metal that is angled from the ramp towards the ball that is near the plastic is holding it up.

That is how mine is. Bends it quite a bit. Always wondered if that was how it's supposed to be or not. Don't really see any other way for it to go though.

#724 10 years ago

Yes it will change rotation.

1 week later
#742 10 years ago

Love that look!

1 week later
#754 10 years ago

Bought $10 worth of LED's to experiment with. Still have some tweaking to do but I think it looks better already. Backglass only so far.

WCS Before.jpgWCS Before.jpg
WCS After.jpgWCS After.jpg

2 weeks later
#772 10 years ago

Hitting the spinner will award travel. Put lithium grease in my gearbox also but it did not quiet it down

#796 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

As far as I am concerned this feature is useless on the game...

I like using magna save during multiball to get a ball trapped on the left flipper while I try to relight jackpot with a shot from the right flipper. I'll also use it if the ball is completely out of control and I need to make a final draw shot. Another time I like to use the magnet is after getting TV award 2. Ball kicks out, use magnet to get control and have a clean shot at the EB. These strategies served me very well in the SCS where I won every game on WCS.

1 week later
#829 9 years ago

I'm not having great luck with my cliffys on the saucers. Keep lifting....any tips?

Saw some tips earlier in the thread about putting a slight bend in them. Mine also lift up a little but it doesn't seem to affect gameplay. More just a minor eyesore.

3 weeks later
#935 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I bought a multi-color LED at a show a couple years ago and I use it under the TV insert.

Mine came with this and I agree it looks very cool. Would recommend.

1 week later
#961 9 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

my father-in-law likes the "authentic" look

If he really prefers authentic I would definitely go with white rubber as to reflect as much of the light as possible. I would also make sure to show him some of the posts in this thread with LEDs (or the webpage with the kit before and after). Just the difference in the city lights to me is amazing, let alone all the other improvements (to some) that can be done.

1 week later
#980 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Waiting to hear back from him if he lubed the gearbox and motor yet, if not I will try that.

Quoted from ellray:

I looked at getting into the gears to lube them, but it didn't look painless, so I bailed.

I lubed my brand new gearbox. Easy (of course mine was already off since it was new), but didn't do much to quiet it. Now I have to go back to page one and look up this cork option.

#983 9 years ago

I just got my WCS so I haven't taken a real close look at the motor yet, but if someone wrapped it in a big ball of tape, couldn't you get some foam and wrap it around the the motor, then wrap in tape? that way at least you are not putting sticky tape directly on the motor. How hot does the motor get? Just spitballing ideas.

Never actually tested how hot it gets. That's a very good question. Will test it out tomorrow morning when I get off work. I'll let it run 30 minutes or so after pressing start. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that mine is going to be loud. I know for a fact that they are not all like that as I've played a bunch of them. Might have to investigate my friends closer the next time I go over there and see if there are any differences.

#988 9 years ago

let me know your results, I played it more tonight and already I am noticing it less, I think it was just so new to me that I really noticed it.

Results: Turned on the game and started the ball spinning (pressed start) at about 7:45A. Played GTA5 with co-workers and forgot about it til 10:00A. Motor was warm. No where near hot. As an industrial electrician who works with all kinds of motors daily, I would say you could safely wrap this motor and gearbox up with just about anything to see if it helps. If it does, than I would check motor temp again after a long session of playing (not taped to the motor as you suggested, for easy removal). If it doesn't help with noise, I would remove it and check temp of motor after a long session of playing and possibly look for one more alternative of wrapping it with. Having no exact (or even near) knowledge of this motor's heat tolerance is the reason for checking either way. Still, I fully believe wrapping it and testing would not cause any harsh wear in the short term. I will grab some mastic(SP?) pads from work next week and try those.

#997 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Fixed up a very dirty game - pretty happy with the way it turned out...

Sure does look nice! Coincidentally those are my sons initials on the CG.

1 week later
#1000 9 years ago
Quoted from ashermau5:

im putting leds in my machine any reccomendations or tips

This thread has quite a few great suggestions. It's a lot to sift through but worth it.

Quick thoughts: Purple under the cities. I like the multi colored scheme some people have done under the "Ultra" inserts. I like my color changing LED under Final Draw. Backglass I used greens behind the grass, blue under the map, yellow behind the trophy.

#1003 9 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Nobody was around to help me bring it upstairs.

Hmm, no friends?

Quoted from Dbaum88:

so I sold it to a friend for the price I paid.

Nice friend.

#1009 9 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Have you been to a tournament or league event that had a special side contest or game-specific event on WCS?

Took my WCS to a pingolf tourney last year and had people try to get to Boston. Depending on how hard your machine is set up it's about a par 3.

#1013 9 years ago
Quoted from sethington:

I picked up a WCS94 about a month ago and was told the ball wouldn't spin. I've been able to get the ball going, but it blows fuse F116 after a short time of running. I'm not really sure where to start in diagnosing this problem from here.. hoping someone here has come across this issue before!

Hard to say without seeing it in action. How does the motor feel when running? Could be something as simple as too much drag causing the motor to work harder. Could be the motor is on its way out and drawing to much current. I replaced mine for $120 (motor and gearbox). Installation is a breeze.

#1017 9 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

Not sure you'll find this a deeper rules game, but it is fun.
Cliffys are annoying to install on this machine due to the layers of things that need to come off the playfield to access the holes (and goal area). Your call on whether it's worth it on your machine. You can also run into an issue with the "assist" hole cliffy impeding the shot to goal--not insurmountable, I think, but I've read about others who had a problem with it (I didn't with mine). And I find that they occasionally don't want to stay perfectly flat to the playfield--also fixable.
New ramps will supposedly be available from Pinball Inc (https://www.facebook.com/PinballInc) sometime "soon". I was told via message that they are next in the design/manufacturing queue.
The soccer ball is important to the gameplay, so good that you're replacing yours if it's lost its "stick".
See you in the World Cup Final!

+1

#1038 9 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Today is your lucky day pm me your address

Turbo always helping out with the goalie plastics! You da real MVP!!

3 weeks later
#1109 9 years ago

Looks like you chose to put the bulbs in different places than they wanted you to.

When I was playing around with new bulbs I also turned my stadium floodlights purple.

1 month later
#1141 9 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Soccer is an open air sport, right?

Love the second pic with the great reflection in the glass! Also looks super cool at night. What a great idea to put it outside for others to enjoy! Kudos!

#1147 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

How often would you say it drains or goes to the kickback?

Directly out the left outlane I would say 5% Off the left sling and some crazy bounces later, out the left outlane I would say adds another 10-15%

Through travel, to the left outlane post, up the header (upper outlane), back into play . <1%

Depending on strength and accuracy of shot to travel, mine hits between the left outlane and the lower left sling.

I think it's one of the neatest features of the machine really.

Agreed, getting it under control after that to set up the next offensive is very rewarding.

#1171 9 years ago
Quoted from Decat:

Second question: what is your best goal score versus Germany? Mine is 11 goals

Posted this one in the thread a while back. 2 balls, perfect timing.

112360-i.jpg112360-i.jpg
1 month later
#1235 9 years ago

Haven't played WCS much lately. Machine must have appreciated the attention. Made it to the World Cup final twice for the first time ever! Felt like I couldn't miss a shot.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1242 9 years ago

I think I've made it to Los Angeles once on location in my life. This was at home. Second EB from Washington DC really helped
Be lucky to get 500,000,000 on location. Can't wait to try though.

2 months later
#1434 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I imagine you can increase your earnings in multiball by doing SOMETHING prior to starting it?

In addition to the other great suggestions here I would add, that by scoring goals and lighting the Ultras (Goalie, Ramps, Spinner Pops) before starting multiball, it then makes multiball more lucrative. Although multiball is lucrative in it's own right if you can make 3 or 4 goals. This becomes easier as you become more familiar with the game.
Of course travelling to Los Angeles is still the most points (if you can beat Germany) as others have stated.

#1465 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Not on any of the ones I have played. This includes mine, 2 at papa and 2 on route. It must be a software setting. After making all the skills final draw lights right away. I have gotten many 2 ball multiballs from the ball hitting slings then entering the final draw.

Of the 7 I have played, you have to hit a ramp to light final draw. Unless you get Multiball from striker on ball 3.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 300.00
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Albans Town, VT
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballKen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=PinballKen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.