(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6038 3 years ago

Can a few owners post videos of their soccer ball spinning? Mine seems louder than normal and want a baseline to compare it with. Thanks!

#6042 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve posted a video before in this thread. Search by my posts only. It was recently.

I found it but the video says it’s unavailable

#6049 3 years ago

My rubbers are neon yellow titans. Was thinking about doing red flippers. What do you guys like better? Yellow, red or one of each?

D1CDC9F7-FF86-4F20-A234-7BFB4474A064 (resized).jpegD1CDC9F7-FF86-4F20-A234-7BFB4474A064 (resized).jpeg
#6053 3 years ago

I just acquired this game and I will say it is a chore to control the ball with these flippers. I have considered black

#6061 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

What do you like???

I’m torn. I like how the red goes with the refs outline but yellow also looks great and matches the rest of the rubbers. I think I’m gonna stay with yellow for now

#6066 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How did you attach the Striker figures near the ramp entrances? Those figures originally had a base?

I’ll have to take a look. They were there when I bought the game

1 week later
#6081 3 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

The sound went out on my WCS today. Any thoughts on where I should start?

Maybe try reseating the ribbon cables?

1 month later
#6251 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

Have a bit of wear at the skill shot/coins toss drop location. Are there protectors, or repairs, for this area?
[quoted image]

I have the same wear. I bought the cliffy protectors but haven’t installed yet. Wondering if we need to repair the wood first with wood putty before installing. Not sure if the cliffy will bend out of shape if wood is not repaired first

2 weeks later
#6285 3 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

I just joined the club and needed a new soccer ball motor. I picked one up from Marco, however it is extremely loud. I've seen suggestions of applying white lithium grease and 3in1 oil to the gearbox, but I have done so and it does not seem to have made a difference. Has anyone had success getting their ball motor to be less loud?

A little white lithium grease in the hole where the motor goes. Not too much! Also loosen the two philips head screws a bit that hold the motor in. I found that helped

1 week later
#6335 3 years ago

Weird issue happened a few times now... when the ball is ejected into the shooter lane ready to be plunged, the skill shot registers. I reflowed solder on the header pins of the coin toss opto board. Still did it a couple of times after that. Any ideas? Dirty opto?

#6338 3 years ago

I’m gonna pay attention to see if it’s the same slot every time.

I only reflowed where the connector pins are, not each of the actual optos. Ill do a switch test like you said

#6339 3 years ago

So it was the front opto always registering as soon as a ball was plunged. Tapping on the coin toss area during a switch test showed nothing. However strangely, if during the switch test I pushed up slightly anywhere under the playfield, whether it was the bottom of the trough or pushed up in the bottom of playfield the switch registered. I mean a very slight push upward. I ended up unplugging and replugging the molex connector that goes to the coin toss optos and jiggled some other wires in the area.

Problem fixed!!! For now anyway. Really weird. Next time I’ll remember to reseat connectors before posting. I love an easy fix

1 week later
#6349 3 years ago

For those that have a colordmd, does the bottom portion of the letters in World Cup USA 94 during attract mode seem too dark compared to the black background?

If yours doesn’t would you mind posting what settings you are using for contrast and brightness? I can’t seem to get mine right, unless that’s the best it can do. BTW I am using HiRES.

2 weeks later
#6412 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Joined the WCS Club last night. Looking into mods. Will be installing some cliffy's after I finished up work on my SF2.
Quick question guys - Do your soccer balls make a lot of noise when spinning? I can pretty clearly hear it through the glass. Not sure if its an alignment thing or if they're just noisy.

Very noisy. Things I’ve tried include loosening the two screws holding the motor a bit. Just make sure they aren’t super tight. I also tried removing the motor and shooting a small amount of white lithium grease into the gearbox. If you find a better way let us know.

Bottom line it’s noisy and I can’t wait to score a goal to quiet it down.

Funny though. A couple of times the noise of the ball quieted almost completely down and I know for a fact the motor was still working. Then it went back to normal noisy.

1 week later
#6455 3 years ago

I’m kinda surprised to hear what you guys think this pin is valued at. I never thought too much about it.

I’ve been thinking of selling mine to get something newer. It’s in nice shape with Leds, titan rubbers, lighted flipper buttons, and a color dmd. No playfield wear. Soccer ball motor was replaced less than 200 plays ago. I also have a complete spare set of ramps with decals I acquired from another pinsider because he was selling them at a low price. I figured for $100 why not.

If anyone wants to make a cash offer or make a trade offer +\- cash send me a message. No shipping. Western MA area

B4B4713C-A588-4DEB-A2E5-F11CD592A7CF (resized).jpegB4B4713C-A588-4DEB-A2E5-F11CD592A7CF (resized).jpeg
#6457 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Great looking game! Ive been looking for those little Striker figures for mine but cant find them for a decent price.

Yeah they are pretty expensive. I was lucky and they came with the pin

#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Mattyk
Where did you get the side art?
Can't remember ever seeing that style before.

It was already installed when I got it. I really like the design

1 week later
#6494 3 years ago
Quoted from steveontilt:

Hi everyone, picked up a world cup last weekend! very excited about owning this game (its my second pin). my excitement unfortunately faded a little tonight as it appears to have some issues (not sure if I got duped or its related to transporting it).My problem started when the game reset on me yesterday in the middle of a game after running all week without issue (probably played 40 games between my son and I without issue). I played the rest of the night and it ran flawlessly so I shrugged it off and hoped it was just a random glitch. unfortunately tonight it only lasted a couple of games and reset again... then again and now I'm lucky if I get through my first ball. does any one have any idea where I should start with trouble shooting my issue? the only thing I've changed since I got it home was to put it into freeplay I'm assuming this has nothing to do with the issue. any help or direction would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

As RonaldRayGun said it might be a connector. It could have come loose during transport. I would go through and unplug and replug all the connectors. Remember to pull the connector straight out best you can so you don’t damage the header pins

1 week later
#6558 3 years ago
Quoted from Leopard850:

You are right, i didnt take notice cause they dont have regular screw heads. Also, someone broke off the torx head inside one of them, i will have to figure that one out. Thanks for the info.[quoted image]

I wonder if there is enough space to get a dental tool in there to wiggle it out. You know the sharp thing they scrape your teeth with?

2 weeks later
#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

It's obvious that since we all own this game - we know it's great. But here is a review for those that are looking for a good game that aren't 'in the know'.

Nice review Cary. I’m happy you posted this when you did. I only have room for 3 pins. My other two right now is Deadpool, which isn’t going anywhere, and royal rumble which I have totally souped up. I was a huge wrestling fan growing up so although there are better games than WWFRR, I don’t think I am ready to love on from this one yet. I have been toying with selling WCS but there is just something to this game. It’s always enjoyable to play and never feels like a chore. Ball times can be fast and as you said, there are a few ways to approach this game. The call outs are fantastic and the pin is packed with features you don't see often in other pins which is another reason I think I enjoy it so much.

So at the end of the day I guess I need to build an addition so I can add more pins!

#6653 3 years ago
Quoted from InsideOutlane:

I am also trying to decide between the two. Would you perhaps be able to post a video of how the different picture setting look for WCS?

Would anyone with an LCD ColorDMD by chance be able to post a video of gameplay with different screen settings? I'm interested in what the various settings (scan, pixel, xl dots, etc.) look like for WCS, but haven't been able to find any thing. Thanks in advance!

Not sure why anyone would get the LED instead of the LCD. I have an LED on a a data East game because that is all that is offered. I have LCD on my WCS. With LED all you get are dots. The LCD you get dots and other options. Plus you don’t get any reflection on the playfield/glass with LCD.

#6696 3 years ago

Selling my WCS if anyone is/knows someone interested. Ad in marketplace. Massachusetts area. No shipping

#6702 3 years ago

So I sold my WCS today. So sad to see it go but only have room for 3 pins and the other two are keepers. WCS is such an amazing pin. I love the quick ball times and features. Always a challenge and the level of fun is exactly what pinball is all about. What is incredible is I played it a lot today since it would be gone at 4:00, and I made it to, and beat Germany! Which I hadn’t done in a few months and only beat them twice before. My goalie is like a wall and makes incredible save after incredible save.

If it can convince my wife to rearrange our basement I may be able to get a 4th pin and I would definitely buy this game again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 35.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=Mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.