(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#391 10 years ago

In the club about 3 months ago.....Love it!!! Just a really fun pin..haven't beaten Germany yet, but close, close.....

Technically bought this for my Son as a joint fixer upper modder, so I guess he's really in the club, not me....ha

2 weeks later
#433 10 years ago

Has anyone changed the coils on the "assist" and " light free kick outs" ? Mine work, but seek a little lame....I'd like to see the ball come firing out of there, unless it's a glass shot.....thanks....mark

#435 10 years ago

Think I'm going to go for it.....what's the step up from orange, blue?...thanks

#439 10 years ago

agreed...the cliffys slowed them down, but glad i have them in place...just debating putting a little "smack" into thar release.......

2 months later
#596 10 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

WCS in some wild colors!!
WCS94 with DMD extender and 3 wild color choices! It looks great in person! The yellow is much darker and all 3 colors match the playfield art. This is just for fun! But I do admit its kind of growing on me.

You tube vid:
» YouTube video

wcs94.JPG 64 KB

Looks great!...what is a " DMD Extender"?...I'm only familiar w the color DMD panels....who sells it?....thanks...mark

3 weeks later
#622 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Just wrapped up some final tweaking and dialing in of this great game. Added Cointaker LED's as well! I like how it turned out!

image-356.jpg 228 KB

image-85.jpg 215 KB

Looks great!!!...haven't visited the thread in awhile...........does anyone know if there is a full NOS or repro plastic ramp set out there? Mine don't look terrible yet, but cracks around screws in several spots...thanks...mark

#623 10 years ago

Just found a "new" right ramp on eBay w decals for $50.00...whew....I'm bidding, don't know if that's in line or not, but can't seem to find them....

#634 10 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

Mark, from Pinball Spare Parts (Australia) reports that they have 10 in stock, there are none currently available in the US, and US shipping would run from $60-$80 on top of the $100+ AU price for the ramp.
Thanks to all the other replies about the (hopefully) imminent domestic ramp set production. I think I'll wait for now, given that I'm not suffering functionally.

Thanks, Ellray...bit the bullet and ordered one from them last night...pricey, but if I win the right side on eBay, I'd rather just change them both at the same time......mark

#643 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just found a "new" right ramp on eBay w decals for $50.00...whew....I'm bidding, don't know if that's in line or not, but can't seem to find them....

man, someone is bidding against me and price now over $100.00.....hope it's not another Pinsider, and I gave away my hand too early.......mark

#646 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

i never post on here when i find stuff on ebay.

Yep....screwed up big time...

#650 10 years ago

Quoted from exflexer:Haha you'll feel better when pinball inc releases the repro ramps that are thicker and crystal clear compared to the 20 year old ones. Probably cheaper too.

Feeling better by the minute...

#652 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Feeling better by the minute...

Well...I get the dumbass of the night award.....decided I was not losing this auction.....ended up paying $465.00 for the right side ramp.....add that to the Australian left side, and I've got 6 bills in plastic....a third of what I paid for the whole machine......geez.....I have a problem......guess I'll look for a Brooklyn Bridge to bid on now.....go ahead, thrash away, I deserve it.......

#657 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

holy shit! i wouldnt pay over 100 for a replacement ramp. you could always not pay for it and take the negative feedback

I'm debating that now...got caught up in the heat of the battle.....just stuck $500 as a max when I got pissed at the $200.00.... there might have been a ghost bidder that was just jacking the price....woke up this morning and still in disbelief....

#658 10 years ago

I'm going to reach out to seller this morning and see if he would be willing to let the other bidder have it for $450...

#660 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Yeah, good luck with that

I know...got no one to blame but myself....should have let it go....probably pay for it and have it gold plated and use as a topper on the machine....not feeling very ebay savvy at the moment....I've been sucked in before on other things....

#663 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

link up the original auction so we can see if it appears to be shill. That seems CRAZY high for a single ramp that is getting made sometime this years likley...

ebay.com link: itm

already got the bill of course.....

#664 10 years ago

my thoughts exactly....I was ok w/ 50, started griping @ $100 (but that's what the left ramp costs from the Austrailian guy)....then I just lost my mind.....went to $200.00 and should have ran then....I plugged in $500.00 and said F... it..ran it up heavy at the end.
I have zero negative feedback, but man I may have to do it here...it's my fault and buy alot off e-bay, and don't want to come off like a deadbeat....

#667 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I wish I would have seen this earlier. Marco has this ramp in stock for $60.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9108.2

This is officially a nightmare now....I shop Marco all the time...unbelievable....

#669 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would not pay. That is NOT a NOS ramp in the ebay auction. I am 90% sure that is the reproduction that was made and the exact same one from Marcos website. I would message the seller and let them know you overbid and thought it was New Old Stock and it is now apparent that it is in fact the same reproduction available at macros.
I normally would not condone anyone not paying on ebay but in this case it appears the seller picked this up and was hoping that someone else would not know they could get the same thing as marcos for way cheaper.

I just sent him an email with pretty much the same theme. I know I bid the amount, but something fishy here....and for that kind of money, I'm going to have to try. I'm an accountable guy, but a mistake was made...let you know what he says.....

#670 10 years ago

Been a bit crazy on eBay in general lately.....time to slow that roll....sorry for bringing an otherwise great thread down a bit.....I won't clutter it up with this stuff....just start a new thread as it progresses....thanks for listening guys....mark

#674 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The way the other bidder went up repeatedly in small increments for a long duration of time is very odd to say the least. That said, your bidding was pretty odd also

Agreed...I was toying with it for awhile, then got pissed and threw the 500 at it as I was not going to be beaten ( idiot, I know)...he's already responded to my request stating that I had a perfect rating and have been a member a long time, and should know how to avoid a bidding war....claims he bought it at Texas pinball festival and it is nos...I told him we both knew it wasn't worth that kind of money, and would he consider a second chance offer to the other bidder, or make the price more reasonable.....feeling like crap right now, as ultimately , I'm the one who screwed up...

#676 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Don't pay it. Seriously. There is no reason to. Mistakes happen.

I'll wait for his response,and if not reasonable, I'm not paying......don't like the negative feedback, but I have a right to make a mistake once in awhile......just can't pay that for a ramp....I'm heading to the Texas Pinball Festival in March...Hopefully I don't run into him.....joy

#680 10 years ago

He has offered to come down to $220.00 including shipping, and I'm going to take it. It's not the feedback as much as my gut telling me to do the right thing, being he respected my request. Comes w decals, so w shipping, I probably lost around $120 for being stupid. Lesson learned...thanks guys for listening and advice. I will eat cheese sandwiches for a couple weeks for lunch as payback to my pb budget ( I like cheese anyway)...mark

#683 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no WAY! even fishier now! Why the hell would he agree to $220 when the other bidder stopped at $450.
There is NO doubt in my mind that he used the 2nd bidder to schill you and now he is happy to get something rather than nothing.

Shit...probably right....here's his reply:

"Dear msdkcng,

You placed your bids to decide value on your own and you had a choice to stop your bidding.

I checked bidding history and bids from other guy. This resulted in loss of sale to other guy so my attempt to meet you somewhere in middle due to your commitment to purchase due to winning bidder, then I will accept $220 (that also covers eBay fees and shipping).

John

- mrazek_family"

#685 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

You can start another account
Don't pay 220 for a 60 dollar item.

You're right..screw it...one negative mark won't kill me, and he'll have to get over it.....ordering the Marco now....I'll copy you guys on my response...should be some fun reading....sorry again for putting some garbage in an otherwise clean and fun Club thread.....

#686 10 years ago

And my response :

After giving this thought, I really don't understand why you would take $220. When the other "bidder" stopped at $450.00. Sounds like schilling to me, and I'm out. I'll take the negative mark if you choose, but believe eBay will have their own take on it. Good luck w the relist...

#689 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

It's getting there!!

WP_20140220_19_09_21_Pro.jpg 218 KB

Very nice!!! I've got one of the Rocks under cabinet LED test kits to install hopefully this weekend..will post vid...

#694 10 years ago

I like the spots....was thinking about putting white led strips above each of the backboard "stadium lights"... Thoughts??

#696 10 years ago

I have some back and 'drain' lights, I'll give them a go too...

Excellent...I got the interactive under cab light kit yesterday...might give it a go tonight ( have to rebuild the flippers first ) ....will post some video when done...mark

#701 10 years ago

Just installed Rocks interactive under cabinet led kit, and WOW!!!....a must have....will shoot video in the next day or so. .....mark

#707 10 years ago

WCS94 w Rocks undercab light clip....not a great video, but you get the idea....

#722 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I did not design the WCS kit for a constant Blue light this is an add on. The video is not that bad thanks for posting it

Yes, Rock's kits are interactive....I use underglow for all of mine as well...just my taste....should have clarified..apologies if misinterpreted.....the kit is still awesome!!!....mark

1 week later
#738 10 years ago

Beat those Germans 8-3! My best game by far...so far. One of the more enjoyable multiballs in any machine!

Pin.jpg 56 KB

congrats!!!!

1 month later
#934 9 years ago

Can someone shoot a pic of their MPU board and post ( showing chip orientation)?

Just replaced mine w a MPUSEC and clock now works, but still have something wrong in there...machine has a mind of its own.....thanks....mark

2 weeks later
#994 9 years ago

Man...cleaned the translite tonight and found Kevin O'Connor's signature in lower right corner...translite a little rough behind it, but I don't care.....it's staying.....lucky find....

image-937.jpgimage-937.jpg

1 week later
#1011 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Just joined the club. Please, kids and non pinheads and wife - enjoy this game as much as I will! No?
i have some questions and comments Questions-
I have a players game- I love playing the crap out of my players games.
So is it worth getting Cliffys if I already have hole and scoop wear and how hard is it to install Cliffys?
I will get a new Soccer ball - which is a good place to buy from? Are some better than others?
Also, I need a right ramp - will they ever be reproduced?
Thanks for your help. I am looking forward to a deeper rules game than my fast, dumb and fun games - T2 and HS2.
Greg

Great game!!!...family favorite....Cliffys...YES!!!....kind of hard to get a couple on ( lots of plastics) but helps keep the ball centered.....right ramp (Marco)....the rest, not sure ( I got mine from Australia for a hefty tag).....read back for advise on the ball......a great thread for a great machine!!!....good luck......mark

#1015 9 years ago

Thanks, man. Come to Atlanta in a few weeks for the Southern Fried Gaming Expo. Hope to see you and others.

That I might do...........

#1026 9 years ago

It is a rush, one of the better multiballs ever. The way the lights die out when Germany scores etc, gives you a real sense of urgency. I tend to only plunge three balls at a time, otherwise they're just getting in the way of each other. The best I've ever done vs. Germany in the world cup is 8-2.

Agreed......just beat Germany 5-4...almost forgot to plunge.....was down 3-4 and pulled it out w 3 seconds!!!...what a rush!!!

#1040 9 years ago

Pretty cool Topper......Licensed ball available at Dicks for $20.00 ( not the match ball for $ 160.00 but looks way cool for this use):

image-615.jpgimage-615.jpgimage-989.jpgimage-989.jpg

Thinking I might put some spots behind it.....

#1042 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Nice topper! I was thinking of making a topper with one of those replica world cup trophies that I see on ebay...however they are still $50 plus for a larger one, maybe after the world cup the price will get reasonable.
I like your LED's about the stadium light graphics, was thinking about doing that. What type led did you use? Looks like a strip. Do have any closer pictures of your playfield? I'm converting to LEDs (individual, not kit) and so far have found the best GI schemes just by trying random placement of different colors.

Thanks!!! the ball was only $20.00 and "Official" logos w pic of trophy and gold!!! Not a playable ball (made in china, but for a topper...YES!! (still figuring out how/ if to light it w/ spots).

Those are Comet LED strips above the stadium lights on the backbox. Literally plug and play, and look great!!!

I've played w different colors around the pf (and backbox)...right now I like having the green give a bit of "field" look as opposed to blasting purple everywhere. Did add those spots and they helped alot.....mark

#1043 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Nice topper! I was thinking of making a topper with one of those replica world cup trophies that I see on ebay...however they are still $50 plus for a larger one, maybe after the world cup the price will get reasonable.
I like your LED's about the stadium light graphics, was thinking about doing that. What type led did you use? Looks like a strip. Do have any closer pictures of your playfield? I'm converting to LEDs (individual, not kit) and so far have found the best GI schemes just by trying random placement of different colors.

I'll shoot some close up shots of pf tonight (having to do some opto work anyway, so glass will definitely be off)...

#1047 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Here's a few shots ( just w my iPad, so not amazing).....but you get the idea ( chose more green than all purple to just give it a little "grass" feeling)...I'm definitely getting one of Herg's OCD controllers for this machine, as ghosting is still pretty heavy on the ramps, even w ct frosted non ghosters.

Overall, very happy, and love the machine !!!....

image-556.jpgimage-556.jpgimage-114.jpgimage-114.jpgimage-530.jpgimage-530.jpgimage-458.jpgimage-458.jpgimage-543.jpgimage-543.jpgimage-47.jpgimage-47.jpg

#1050 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Really nice job!! The pictures are great! I have a purple strip from Comet that I will play with, but I would want white for the stadium lights. It may be the exposure of the pictures but it looks like the blue on the playfield really comes out, do you have any other blue LEDs anywhere other than the 3 bulbs between the stadium lights? Also your bumpers seem blue too, what bulbs do you have in there? I've only tried various greens (tower SMD, frosted) and aren't 100% happy with that look.
Thanks! Your pictures also helped me figure out that I am missing another plastic! The round one with the kicker above the diverter is not on my machine. Luckily, I just got a bunch of used plastics this week to replace a different one that was missing. The box does have that round kicker plastic, so all I need to do is to get a standoff to mount it on and I'm set!
Again, nice job and it really is a great pinball that our whole family enjoys! Lou

Lou,

Thanks!!!...Yes the Blue (CT dual led nonghosters) look great on the playfield.....can't remember what I put under the bumpers, I'll look tonight and post (think they might just be cool white)...the comet white LED strips for stadium lights look like a natural fit and work great......The added spots really helped too (used Comet 4led Purple for those,,seems to bring the color out)...
Family favorite machine for sure!!!...having to manually plunge multiball is really cool as you can delay when the madness starts.......mark

#1054 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Really nice job!! The pictures are great! I have a purple strip from Comet that I will play with, but I would want white for the stadium lights. It may be the exposure of the pictures but it looks like the blue on the playfield really comes out, do you have any other blue LEDs anywhere other than the 3 bulbs between the stadium lights? Also your bumpers seem blue too, what bulbs do you have in there? I've only tried various greens (tower SMD, frosted) and aren't 100% happy with that look.
Thanks! Your pictures also helped me figure out that I am missing another plastic! The round one with the kicker above the diverter is not on my machine. Luckily, I just got a bunch of used plastics this week to replace a different one that was missing. The box does have that round kicker plastic, so all I need to do is to get a standoff to mount it on and I'm set!
Again, nice job and it really is a great pinball that our whole family enjoys! Lou

Bumpers cool white....

#1055 9 years ago

Clear dome CT

1 week later
#1092 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Added a 7 smd strip from comet at the goal Love it!!

IMG_20140625_171419.jpg 288 KB

IMG_20140625_171356.jpg 304 KB

Great idea!!! I added one above each of the stand lights and a couple of spots......couldn't figure out how to light that area.....is it high enough where a ball can't bash the strip?....mark

#1094 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

oh yeah it on the top front edge. It would have to be a crazy ball to hit it.

Sweet....my next project.....thanks for the idea!!!....mark

1 month later
#1176 9 years ago

Yeah, WCS94 isn't an easy machine to shop etc. Good times though...

Agreed!!!....finally have a mostly( except for left ramp) plastics and ramp set, and am preparing for a replacement, cleanup, next week.....missing one top decal ( upper left corner)....can't find one anywhere....any ideas?.....thanks guys....mark

#1177 9 years ago

This is the one....

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1181 9 years ago

That would be right though...

oops.... ......correct.....missing left ramp, right decal....details, details......

#1182 9 years ago

Excellent!!!....checking to make sure I don't need anything else from them, and ordering tonight....thanks!!!!...mark

#1185 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No problem. I ended up buying the new left ramp they had for WCS. Mine was up repairable on my game. It turned out really nice. They had all the stickers except for the dangerous play decal which I bought from Marco Specialities. I had to rivet the ramp flap and flashers but was well worth it. Shipping the ramp was expensive but I wanted to enjoy the game and it was a small price to play to have it playing well.

man I hope they still have the left ramp....it's the only piece (I think) that I lack.........mark

3 weeks later
#1207 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

This has to be the worst game to try and restore. Part's like plastics and much more just do not exist. I have found a few new ramps and thing but for the most part. Rough

I'm waiting on ONE decal from Australia to be able to finish mine.....it's taken forever, but will be with it....I can't get the damn flag decals that go on the sides of the ramps to lay flat, though...seems like the originals were wrinkled, too....not that bad, but geesh......

#1209 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Well,
I need cabinet decals that seem not to exist. This game is a tough to redo. I guess I am going to have to redo the cabinet decals myself then print my own off. 

Yikes!!!.....mine is just a ramp decal......good luck!!!....

#1210 9 years ago

Stinkin love the game though, so it's going to be worth it.....amazing how popular this title is, without being an "A" list game.....rare to hear someone post negative on this one......

1 week later
#1236 9 years ago

After playing my NIB IM, with intense, fast gameplay, for the past month, I went back to playing WCS and I appreciate it more and more. The game is a great break from a game like IM because WCS is just plain old FUN!

Couldn't agree more!!!....It's amazing how "comfortable" the machine is to just play and enjoy....

#1246 9 years ago

Has anyone put a ColorDMD Sigma in this game? I know they are expensive, but man....look great in my other games....been debating on this one next, and just curious ....thanks....mark

#1269 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All .. fyi we are getting a new run of WCS soccer balls going. ALSO, wondering if I should try some Purple w/White or Black and Teal/Green with White or Black balls as well - let me know your thoughts no that.
Also, we are working on the WCS cabinet art, and have some original artwork - have the sides all done and now working on the backbox and coin doors, so hopefully soon (and correct) WCS cabinet decals ...
rick

Like!!!....just bought a Marco awhile back , but a purple white could be cool.....are you also looking at other areas of the machine...mini pf, lower plastic ramp ( unobtanium at this point)..coin door decal...definitely!!!...mark

#1276 9 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

Yes, the teal in the pic looks good. It ties in the center field teal ball with the multiball lock lights and the general color theme of the game. I too would buy teal.

Agreed...seeing the pic and looking at my Playfield again....Teal for me too, please!!!.....

#1293 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/color2.htm
cliffy has some cool ideas for post sleeves on his site

Agreed..I've used quite a few on several of my machines.....

#1297 9 years ago

Anybody use the inner cab decal art set from pinball center ? I was thinking of doing mirrors, but had never seen these before......thoughts?.....thanks mark

#1298 9 years ago

Also....do the standard Bally sets ( mirror blades) fit this machine ( extra flipper button on left)?

#1317 9 years ago
Quoted from Evan55:

my first pinball machine! yaaay! been wanting one for years.
just tonight the goalie stopped working. boooo......
I did the goalie test (yep...still broken) and checked for loose wires. Not sure next step for diagnostic.
Anyone know of a good process for troubleshooting this?
Id hate to just start throwing (expensive) parts at it

Check the optos....you might get lucky and one is dirty or misaligned......not too expensive, regardless...good luck!!!.....mark

7 months later
#1719 8 years ago

Long shot here...

I'm putting new Molex connectors on my WCS to insure the best connection to new Rottendog Drive and WPC-S boards.....Chris has the boards now to insure everything is behaving ....

Even though I've written color order down on each connector ( made up example- J126, 9 pin, left to right - red/green, red/ yellow, red/ purple, etc.) I'd like to triple check order before plugging into the new boards.....

Anyone have some hi res pics of these connectors, showing color order, or another source? Think pin wiki has some of them.......thanks fellow pinheads!!!.....mark

#1726 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Long shot here...
I'm putting new Molex connectors on my WCS to insure the best connection to new Rottendog Drive and WPC-S boards.....Chris has the boards now to insure everything is behaving ....
Even though I've written color order down on each connector ( made up example- J126, 9 pin, left to right - red/green, red/ yellow, red/ purple, etc.) I'd like to triple check order before plugging into the new boards.....
Anyone have some hi res pics of these connectors, showing color order, or another source? Think pin wiki has some of them.......thanks fellow pinheads!!!.....mark

AHHHH...downloaded, printed manual....all connections there....life is good....mark

#1729 8 years ago
Quoted from Spies:

Is it worth getting a set of cliffys to protect the assist and kickout holes?

Yes, definitely.....make sure to clean the area around the kick outs thoroughly , as the cliffys tend to come up on this game a bit if everything not tight....

7 months later
#2004 8 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Reposting from:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-wcs-kick-plastic
I'm installing a new plastics set and plastic protector set in my WCS. The plastic directly below the ball was very warped. The new protector and plastic doesn't quite fit. Could anyone send me a photo of their plastic? I think I must have grabbed the wrong post when putting the game back together or I'm trying to put the plastic on wrong.
Photo:
Img_(resized).jpg

Yea...that one is kind of weird ....plastic actually bends to fit right....don't know if you can tell by the pics....I haven't installed my protector on this one yet....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2008 8 years ago

Probably buried in this thread somewhere.....my goalie just broke...ordered a new decal and plastic from MARCO, but seem to remember there is actually a thin rubber pad behind ( mine is dried out, hence the break)....anyone know where to get one?....thanks....mark

#2012 8 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Recently helped a friend buy a WCS.
The game is in amazing shape except for one issue.
The free kick mechanism in front of the goal is pretty weak.
I took the mech apart and checked the coil sleeve/stopper, put everything back together and all parts moved fine but it still is a very, very weak kick into the goal.
Thoughts?
Wrong size coil?
Bad solder joint(s) on coil?
Gremlins?
Thanks in advance all you WCS aficionados!
-Ran

Are there Cliffys ? If so, they have to be down tight...they tend to come up a bit over time ( mine did) and will kill the free kick...

#2015 8 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

BAA?
I thought they were fairly common...

I ordered through Marco (decal and plastic)...just wasn't sure if the plastic the offer as the "goalie backing" is the same as the rubber...guess I'll find out in a couple of days.....thanks....mark....

#2024 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I ordered through Marco (decal and plastic)...just wasn't sure if the plastic the offer as the "goalie backing" is the same as the rubber...guess I'll find out in a couple of days.....thanks....mark....

Fwiw, the MARCO plastic w decal is a perfect replacement ....plastic is thick and flexes to a degree...definitely designed for the job......I learned something new today.....

2 weeks later
#2033 8 years ago

Probably covered somewhere in here before......did these originally come w gold hardware( legs, rails)? Anybody do one in brass? I'm contemplating......thanks...mark

#2035 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

The gold was on the legs, leg bolts, wire form/habit trail, coin toss assembly housing and a small piece on the right side of the shooter trough but not the lock down bar or rails. I also noticed that a handful of hex head screws/ bolts used on the ramps are gold colored.
I like the look and think you should have those parts plated in brass................ or in real gold (like Lexus car emblems/badges) if you want a one of a kind. Freshly plated parts will look right at home on a non-faded cabinet with bright yellows and golds because all the added gold color is used to emulate the gold World Cup trophy.
World_Cup_Soccer_Maechine_copy_(resized).png

Thanks.....am actually going through Mike Chestnut and going to go for it.......should look awesome!!! I realize I'm not going to "get my money back" if I was to sell down the road, but don't see that happening anytime in the near (or distant) future......

3 weeks later
#2110 8 years ago

Well, I did it.....thank you Mike Chestnut, as always.....no, not perfect, and some cab decal wrinkles around the legs, but man, brass rocks WCS!!!! Obviously a keeper....

#2112 8 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

That is one polished machine!!! But what's with the Vikings stool? I live in MN... The Vikings suck!
Nice job on the machine! I like the topper, and it looks like you added some lighting on the top of the playfield, on the back wall, above the fake light stickers. The middle picture, taken some place else, shows the DMD in purple instead of orange... How?

Thanks!!!....Yeah, left the bench in the picture accidentally....Vikings never fail to disappoint !!! ( I've been a fan since Tarkenton days...glutton for punishment)....

Added cool white led strips from Art on the fake field lights....looks great...

Actually same room...machine just back in place and lit in the lineup....that's a sigma colordmd....my original DMD died...figured it was a good excuse to change...hoping someone colorizes it someday...the purple fits pretty well w theme...Ill change up to yellow once in awhile...

1 month later
#2234 8 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I am thinking of powdercoating the ramp and the cabinet hardware. Did anyonelse make that and which color did you choose ?

Just got all my Mike Chestnut brass installed....no way my pics can show how beautiful this combo turned out:

2 weeks later
#2291 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Spot Lights
I am thinking about spotlights.

Here's mine:

I like trough lights too ( have them on 3 of my other games) but no way do they reach far enough on the playfield ( look great in flippers area)....I'm going to light my goalie area up a bit more, then that covers it for me....think your idea of experimenting is " spot" on!!!....

#2292 7 years ago

Oops..noticed I have a blue out on the backboard....must remedie that now......

#2299 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I find myself in need of a new goalie (both pad and decal) -- anybody still making/selling the pad part?

Marco does both (or at least did about 4 months ago when I had to replace mine)......

#2303 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Pity the rubber goalie plates (like the one that just dry rotted enough to crack off) aren't made anymore. Thanks for the notes about doing it up right. Cheers!

The goalie plate from MARCO is actually pretty resilient, and don't believe it's actually just clear acrylic ( has some " bounce" to it)......I had the same worries, and was pleasantly surprised with it's performance....

#2329 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

Thanks Bioboa for the speaker mod and pinballbulbs for making and sending out free of charge. You guys are awesome. Will do the mod soon.

Ditto!!!!! Did mine yesterday and looks great!!!!! Many thanks for the amazing goodwill effort..THANK YOU!!!..mark

1 month later
#2448 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Does the left blade need to be modified for a WCS, to allow for the magna save button? I have been thinking about mirror blades (can be found for about $85), but am concerned about the extra button, and the potential need to cut a hole in the metal blade to make it fit.

Mirror blades fit fine.....that's what I have....

2 months later
#2711 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Question. Is it a normal shooter rod with rubber on the tip in WCS? I don't have rubber on my shooter and the end of the rod is totally flat.
Edit - didn't mean to send this message until I checked the manual. Guys, I gotta send you a pic of this shooter rod that is totally pancaked.

Man, gotta take care of that, pronto!!! Hopefully, didn't mushroom the end of the rod....and new balls are in order too, if you've played too many games with it like that.....

1 week later
#2760 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just received the decals in the mail from an eBay seller. I think they look sharp, especially the Free Kick decal.

I can't find them....link?

#2765 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

ebay.com link

Thanks!!!....just ordered a set......mark

#2768 7 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

Looking for a WCS, just in case anyone in the club is looking to get rid of one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/38285

GL with your hunt....they seem to come up frequently......something about this machine......just pure, easy fun....it really is a great title, imho.....

4 weeks later
#2876 7 years ago

Hey who had that WCS with purple powder coating? Looked amazing! Remember seeing it on Pinside, but can't remember where it was.
Anyone have a link? Thanks!
Edit- was it purple or green? Anyway anyone powder coat their WCS? Need some ideas.

Original legs were gold....can't go wrong w brass....super happy w mine.....posted pics a few pages back, but can shoot a couple tomorrow, if needed...

#2879 7 years ago

someone did their WCS with Purple I believe and it came out fantastic. I just can't find the pic he posted.

Agreed....I saw that too...looked great. It's in this thread somewhere ( think a couple times)....hopefully, they post again....

1 week later
#2899 7 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Has this been solved? Of all 2000 posts this is the most interesting really. I'm staring at WCS trying to figure out what your problem is

I don't know if this is your fix, but worked for me....my left ramp diverter was working perfectly ( new bottom bushing, proper spring tension, etc., but the ball would occasionally either " stick" at the top of the ramp ( at diverter), or come shooting back down.

Turned out it was the shape of the bottom flage of the diverter itself. I took it out, and bent the bottom of the flange in by about 1/8" ( did it with my vise so very precise and uniform bend.

Machine plays great, and have had no further issues....just a thought...

1 month later
#2959 7 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

You can drill out the rivet, or use a dremel to grind off the back of the rivet using a cutting wheel.
In terms of putting the new one on, there are some good tools out there. If you plan on doing riveting going forward, Pinrestore has a rivet press (although it's out of stock now): http://pinrestore.com/Riveting.html
I also like Action Pinball's tool, although it's not best for riveting things with tall walls like ramps - for those, use the press.
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=RIVSET1
For a cheap one-off solution, PinBits sells a pressless riveting kit: https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=72&zenid=3478a7a06cfebf2f4fbe13199bb9ecef
Might also be worth asking pinheads in your immediate area if they have tools. If you're in the DC area let me know and I can help.
Here's a demo by someone doing WCS riveting: http://home.earthlink.net/~billg4me/pinball/rivet/
Good luck-

Late to this thread, but couldn't agree more....Pinrestore had a great, hand operated rivet press ( sort of like a modified c-clamp) that works great. I've used it many, many times on different games, and there is NOTHING like doing it the right way. They sell rivets of different sizes, and once you get the hang of it, not that bad of a job. If you have multiple games, invest in the right tools....imho....

2 weeks later
#3029 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You might want to reconsider those LED color choices because I don't think that will look nice when all the plastics and ramps are installed.
Here's mine I just finished with bright white LEDs and Comet bumper LED boards. Clean and bright looking.

Agreed....Rarehero taught me sometime back that messing with colors under plastics can definitely muddy the waters. Clear inserts are fun to play with, however.....

1 month later
#3099 7 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

I'm planning on purchasing a sigma LCD display from ColorDMD for my WCS94 (I'm a sucker for the HD Upscaling feature). Any good single color recommendations for me to try out before it gets fully colorized? I was thinking purple, or green, but someone said light blue looks good in a different thread. I thought I'd ask the people who actually own the game and found this thread.

Just spotted this....I've had a Sigma in mine for awhile, and purple rocks ( until it gets colorized, of course)...purple has a nice theme in this game, imho...

#3100 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

At the start of every ball, I try to get a goal, to enable an ultra feature, and then I hit that feature as much as I can.
Once you get into multi-ball, the gaol is to get goals. The goalie and ball will be going initially. Once you get a goal, they stop, but you re-enable the goalie by hitting one of the ramps. So... Multi-ball, goal, ramp, goal, ramp, goal, ramp, etc... You will build your score quickly. Also, you can re-enable the goalie during multi-ball ONE TIME per multi-ball by pressing the Buy In button. (not a documented feature, but it's there).
Ultimately, the goal of the game is to win the world cup finals, and get that 500M points. You have to get a city flashing, then travel to it. You get it flashing by hitting both ramps, and/or both lanes above the jets (pop bumpers), which you can toggle with the flipper buttons. Travel by hitting the spinner. (I often go for this by hitting the spinner from the top, entering the lane by the goal, instead of hitting the spinner head on)
The TV awards are good for points too... The first is Big Goal Round, where you hit 3 goals for 15M, 15M and 30M. Second is Extra Ball Round, where you go to Striker's hideout. Third, and my favorite, is Go for the Goalie, where you just drill the goalie as much as you can. Last is Where's Striker, where you hit the orange targets until you find him, hearing audio snippets from other games along the way.
Getting all 3 lights on Coin Toss is good for points, plus travels automatically to another city.
Traveling to Boston starts Boston Tea Party, so hit the spinner as soon as you can after, so you get the max possible points.
Traveling to Washington D.C. enables extra ball, like the TV award.
Striker awards can do a lot of things, from 3 Goals (enabling multiple ultra features), Advance 3 Cities, Extra Ball, Unlimited Kickback (left drain lane), 20M bonus, or enabling Multi-Ball (for regular multi ball, if locked).
When in the world cup finals, don't get carried away and launch all 5 balls. 3 is usually enough. Shoot them out and shoot straight at the goal. If some drain, no big deal... Just keep launching. You really only need your right flipper to do well.
I never use magna-save... Neet feature, but does not seem to serve any real purpose.
One shot to practice is holding the ball on the right flipper, and doing a short flip to hit the Final Draw hole.
If you follow a system, 2B+ scores are common, but I often get 3B, 4B or higher scores. 6.8B is my highest, on default settings with 3 ball play.
WCS has a very simple rule set, but it's just such a fun game.

Spot on....I try to use magna save just for fun, but usually drain in my attempts....it's just a smooth, pure fun game. Highly, highly underrated ( due to theme I guess) , but if you want an affordable, fun game to score billions of points, this is it!!!

#3124 7 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Well, what do you know! Emptied the coinboxes today, and WCS came out on top in earnings for the last 10 days. Only veeery slightly ahead of GoT and Hobbit, but still cool

That is VERY cool, actually.....I don't play mine for extended periods, then end up playing it exclusively for about a month, for whatever reason. It's easily one of the best, most underrated games out there...period!!!

8 months later
#3484 6 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

This game was amazing. It felt so good and looked beautiful in person. Absolutely blown away by this machine.

It is truly such a fun game.....amazing how many discount it.....

1 week later
#3498 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Just buying my World Cup 94 this weekend. So add me to the club. Should take possession later this week.
And yes, never buy a color dmd or you will have to put it in everything!

Congrats, and this game will definitely be no exception!!!

2 months later
#3741 6 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Oh but it's so much more fun to launch balls manually during the frenzy of shooting goals.

This is just such a fun game...really a great add to any line-up

1 month later
#3955 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Mine will never leave for less than 3k+! Lol. I have color DMD, cliffys, new motors, new soccer ball, new goalie, newly brass plated habitrail. And my pf is fantastic! The game play is so much fun, really enjoy this machine!

Ditto, and the $$$ for mine would even be higher.....great, great game!!!!

2 years later
#5601 4 years ago

So, has anyone bought the CPR mirrored backglass, thoughts?

I realize that its not fiscally wise, but I've done alot to my game, one of Mikes last brass plating jobs, etc. so I don't see me getting rid of this one until I exit the hobby, and don't view pins as an investment.

Just curious if anyone has installed one, and if its as dramatic a change as BSD, TZ,etc.

They really look amazing, imho...

#5608 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really? I think the new one looks washed out compared to original which has much more pop. Was thinking of doing the same until I actually looked at them side by side.

I use frosted greens on the grass anyway, the rest white...that's the only color that looks soft in the pics...seeing it lit in the first picture seems the purple and other colors really come out. w mirror accents I think it will look great...

I'll post pics when I get mine and light it up..

#5618 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Nice looking game! Myself and my wife are loving ours that we just got. I was thinking about doing the OCD boards as well. Never done them. I am going to put nonghosting LEDs in the inserts, and led the rest of the game but was told the ocd board would not work with nonghosting LEDs. Any dea if this is correct?

Herg's boards work w non-ghosting led's, but better with just standard ones.....a must have for the inserts, imho.....haven't used his GI version, but have the other one in all my games that are applicable....really smooths things out, and you can adjust settings to your personal liking...

#5632 4 years ago

Pics as promised..new glass looks amazing!! Rich, rich colors, and enough mirror to make it classy

1st pic-original
2nd - New
5th - lighting I use, same in both shots ( yes, I've got to put a few whites back where the ball and lower emblem are, flashers are clear and off in pic)..highly recommend!!
IMG_20200310_184828697 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_184828697 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_190037887 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_190037887 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_190925017 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_190925017 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_190908590 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_190908590 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_185002844 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_185002844 (resized).jpg

#5635 4 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Very nice indeed. Are those chrome siderails and lockbar? Very shiny.

All of the armor ( including habitrail, coinflip shooter assembly, etc.) were brass plated by Mike Chestnut (rip). One of his jast jobs, and looks amazing.

#5636 4 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Which Leds did you use in those playfield spotlights? Which white did you use for GI?

This is one of 2 games that I actually used purple stacker spots from Comet instead of white (XmenMagneto the other). For me, they really look great. Natural (cool) clear white from Comet on GI ( have some more frosted green under the grass)

#5643 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Any suggested LED OCD software adjustments for WCS, or stick with default?

I went w Herg's game settings in mine...you can play endlessly, however...super fun...just a beautiful, fun game!! Billions of points!!!!

#5650 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Good eye guys! Man, I'm pissed that I didn't see that.[quoted image]

Bingo!! Clean that up, verify no shorts, check diodes, done......

#5653 4 years ago

Bam!! Perfection in backglass

IMG_20200314_184931709 (resized).jpgIMG_20200314_184931709 (resized).jpgIMG_20200314_185015354 (resized).jpgIMG_20200314_185015354 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#6824 2 years ago

Haven't been in this thread in awhile...love this game. I've had a "hard start" Rottendog driver board in here for a long time (sometimes a normal boot, sometimes it seemed to pass the check circuit in the MPU board and fire with a wham, occasionally blowing a main fuse.

Lost a fuse on the fliptronics board awhile back. Changed and got a loud hum. Immediately powered off, thinking locked transistor or something...

Long story short - I've changed the CPU-S board, went w 2 different driver boards ( a good Rottendog and a new Pinballbasement) and get the below error. Fuses are good.

Game wedged way back in a corner, so hoping I'm missing something easy, as pita to move 4 games to get this one to the shop and can't pop the top in current position.

Replaced ribbon cables, had put molex connectors on awhile back, so believe cabling in good. Exact error message w both driver boards, so have to believe something else... Any ideas? Thx

WCS050121 (resized).jpgWCS050121 (resized).jpg

#6826 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

A couple threads with different issues on this error:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-check-fuses-f115-f116-j112-and-opto-12v-supply
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-fuses-f115-f116-j112-and-opto-12v-on-jm
Could be a fuse, could be your u20 chip, could be poorly/incorrectly seated cables or moles connectors.

Good stuff...problem has persisted w 2 different driver boards ( always have a spare)..so sniffing around the CPU....thx

4 months later
#7019 2 years ago

I'm sure it's been asked before...did any aftermarket company offer a cool topper for this game?

I have the factory one, but it seems the game was ( is) too popular to not offer something else....

Don't believe I've ever seen one...thx

3 months later
#7183 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all on the Pitch!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.