(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jwf_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7287 2 years ago

I'm going to try and do work on my goalie tonight. The switch is intermittent and the goalie moves with a lot of slop to him. Anyone have any tips/wisdom before going at this?

3 months later
#7474 1 year ago

Before I go into the wpc reset checklist, has anyone else had an issue where the game will reset every time as soon as ball 1 drains and the bonus animations start?
I was upstairs a few weeks ago and heard my powered up WCS94 doing the test bong every ~20 seconds. Got downstairs to turn it off, and when turned back on I could hear the soft hum of the speaker panel but no lights/no nothing.
Left it alone for a week before trying to turn it on again and to my surprise it worked fine up until the first ball drains. I can see maybe a frame or two of the bonus animation and it will reset immediately.

1 week later
#7483 1 year ago
Quoted from Jwf_pinball:

Before I go into the wpc reset checklist, has anyone else had an issue where the game will reset every time as soon as ball 1 drains and the bonus animations start?
I was upstairs a few weeks ago and heard my powered up WCS94 doing the test bong every ~20 seconds. Got downstairs to turn it off, and when turned back on I could hear the soft hum of the speaker panel but no lights/no nothing.
Left it alone for a week before trying to turn it on again and to my surprise it worked fine up until the first ball drains. I can see maybe a frame or two of the bonus animation and it will reset immediately.

Bump, please.

#7486 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

I haven't seen this; probably best to visit pinwiki (not sure if that's what you meant by reset checklist): https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

Yes, that's what I meant. Before I started working on that list I just wanted to check if it was a known malfunction. Thanks guys

#7490 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

This seems like a problem that you could debug with the glass off pretty easily. At least determine what the main issue is. Resets that occur with a coil activation can be caused by a bad diode.

What coils get activated when a ball drains?

#7492 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Ok, so I went back and re-read your description and apparently read right over the "2 frames" and went straight to after bonus animation in my head. In which case would be the trough kickout.
This is something that should be easy to pull the glass and see exactly what causes the issue. Can you start a game, pull the ball from the shooter lane and drop it in the outhole and have it reset? Or do you have to get past the ball in play timer before so it's definitely related to bonus counting?
Have you tried just running all the Sound tests? I had a WH2o that would reboot during games and it turned out it was a ribbon cable between the CPU and Sound boards.

Yes, it's right after the ball drains and at the start of the bonus animations; well before the next ball will be plunged into the lane. When I get home I will try your recommendations. Thank you

1 year later
#8411 88 days ago
Quoted from Danrosenstein:

Hey all!
I wanted to know if there is an adjustment, mod or hack to stop the soccer ball from rotating when the first ball is started.
I have the machine setup at work, and use a timer on the power plug to leave the machine on during working hours.
I have seen that sometimes folks just leave the ball in the shooter lane, which then spins the ball, sometimes for hours before I realize this is happening. I know balls being left in the shooter lane is common for folks with router machines, not only for WCS.
I read over the manual for game adjustments and settings, and searched this forum for answers or ideas.
Anyone encountered this? If there is a post and I missed it, would someone kindly link it?
Thanks!

If you set the goal to not be lit at game start the ball shouldn't spin right?

Screenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jwf_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=Jwf_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.