(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JeffA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 10 years ago

Just picked up one today. Very excited. Needs some tlc but mostly it's small things. Hey, what colors are the rubber on this machine. I've seen pics and kits that show both white and also all black like I have. Need to replace and just want the original color.

1 week later
#87 10 years ago

Anybody know where to get a replacement goalie? Mine's cracked. Marcos is out of stock - which I assume means never to be sold again.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Cracked? Mine feels like it is made of leather.

Hmmm... I actually know what you mean. There's some sort of backing on it that's a bit soft. Almost rubbery. But underneath seems to be plastic.

#101 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

This is not good news. You can't find one anywhere?

Nope. Open to suggestions though. Have started a saved search on ebay. Hopefully one shows up. If I could even get a decal, maybe I could make a replacement. Anyone else try this?

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Barrythick:

Just an FYI...In my search for new parts for WCS, I found a company selling repro Soccer balls for the very reasonable price of $52.50 if anyone is looking for one. These are on Ebay now and then for more than double that price. Good luck, link below.
http://www.illinoispinball.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=97&products_id=4871

Doh! 1 week too late. (paid $95)

#141 10 years ago

After sweating it out thinking I might not be able to get a replacement...Found goalie plastic and sticker at site below. Haven't received it (shipped yesterday), so can't yet speak to quality. Assume it's NOS.

http://www.littleshopofgames.com/

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I did, well the cheap one on eBay anyways Stock it isn't that great, but I sanded it down and repainted it and shot it with clear coat. Turned out pretty good I think.

Nice job. Colors match the machine well. Will have to add this to my "someday" project list - after I get everything else 100% working.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I finally finished my 'down to the bare playfield' shop of my WCS94 It took me a while and it is only my second time shopping a pin ever and the first one was a Laser War, that was a piece of cake compared to this one.....
Full LED's and I think it looks really good. It looks like a different machine than the one I bought 2 weeks ago I also installed Cliffy's, Yellow post rubbers, new rubbers, removed mylar, novus and waxed playfield, novus and flame polished ramps....yanno, the usual.

Looks great. Did you buy an LED kit or did you buy each individually?

1 month later
#322 10 years ago
Quoted from Barrythick:

tried to look on ipdb but couldn't find the part number. If anyone has the part number for the nylon sleeve

You're not alone. I don't see a sleeve either. Looked on page 2-34 of manual and is not listed with the other diverter parts. Also doesn't show on page 2-40 with the upper playfield parts that also includes the diverter parts. Don't have one on my machine. But I'm also missing the e clip. Looks like the ramp had a raised collar at one time that has been broken off due to the missing e clip. If anyone has a picture of the nylon sleeve, I'd also appreciate a pic or part #.

Thanks.

#323 10 years ago

Just searched all WCS parts on Marcos. Could this be it?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-8790

detail.jpgdetail.jpg

2 months later
#437 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has anyone changed the coils on the "assist" and " light free kick outs" ? Mine work, but seek a little lame....I'd like to see the ball come firing out of there, unless it's a glass shot.....thanks....mark

Check the manual for instructions on oiling that arm. When I got mine, the ball would get stuck in the free kick saucers. A dab of oil made a huge difference.

2 weeks later
#450 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

S is it true that a drain is a score for Germany and a goal in the net is one for me?
Also, the flippers are supposed to quit afterwards, right?
So fun that Wcs is!

Interesting question about Germany making a goal. I thought I understood it, but now am wondering. Here's what I understood...
Draining doesn't score a goal.
if you get way ahead and just hold the balls on your flippers, Germany will continue to score periodic goals without any movement on the field.
I thought that every blocked kicked was a goal for Germany, but now I'm wondering.

Here's a link to a rule sheet. Doesn't say anything about a blocked kick.

http://pinball.org/rules/worldcupsoccer.html

And yes, definitely, the flippers stop working after the match, but you get another ball and continue where you left off when the round started.

1 month later
#557 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

i only need 2 pieces of plastic.

You probably need the same 2 that everyone needs: The big one that surrounds the left ramp and the "Header" plastic that goes around one of the pop bumpers (?). I assume these were just design flaws and seem to be broken on many. If these aren't the pieces you need, let me know and I'll try to work something out with you.

I'm wondering if I have a really nice machine with no real issues other than these 2 pieces broken, how much is that hurting my resale value. That is, if the parts were not broken, how much more would someone pay? Honestly, I'd be willing to lay out the $155 plus shipping if it would at least make a bit of difference if I ever sell. And yes, I know, it isn't about money if I enjoy the machine and all....but the machine is great and it's just such a silly cosmetic issue that I feel like I might be flushing money down the drain that I could spend on other machines. Thoughts?

2 months later
#813 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

also ...I know this is not recommended but i dabbed a tiny bit of lube on the pivot.
mine is working good now

Actually, Bally did recommend it. Both parts of the mechanism should move freely. Mine did not eject at all when I first got it. A little oil as recommended and it worked perfectly. I have bent the arm a bit to ensure that it hit the ball correctly to avoid periodic down the middle drains which were happening on one side.

lube.JPGlube.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JeffA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=JeffA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.