(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrabbyPatty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6952 2 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

Were there two different version of the original playfield? My new CPR playfield has a much lighter purple. I know the lighter purple matches some peoples original playfields, but my original playfield has a much deeper more vivid purple like in the pictures above.

So, I am looking at that CPR playfield online as I type and am wondering what you think of the clearcoat on it? I am concerned its gonna be soft or just kinda meh. Any thoughts on yours would be appreciated!

2 months later
#7076 2 years ago

So, I am wondering if anyone knows what the trick is to get this platter for the soccer ball off. I am out of ideas?

20211022_211821 (resized).jpg20211022_211821 (resized).jpg
#7081 2 years ago

That was the trick, it was so rusted inside those holes I couldn't see it. You are lucky I don't know you cause I could kiss you! Super appreciate

Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Appears to be 2 grub screws, likely hex?
[quoted image]

2 months later
#7199 2 years ago

Howdy, got a question. So I am nearing the end of my wcs major restoration and I can't find any definitive idea on how thick the washers need to be between the soccer ball motor mount and the motor. Any one help clue me in?

20220113_162945 (resized).jpg20220113_162945 (resized).jpg
#7200 2 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Back in the club with a very nice playfield. Not a lot of wear on the scoops and holes.
Only issue was a little spot of wear near the letter O and N (first picture)
Result on second picture after little touch up.
Will add some layers of 2k clearcoat on it because also a roll over button had some ghosting under it.
Good wax and after ready for build up. [quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent job, I had to really zoom in to see anything at all. Nobody gonna see that!

#7203 2 years ago

bakerhillpins Kevlar51

I think that is a good idea, I have replaced 80% of the parts at this point. Might as well replace a high wear part while it's easy. Thx for the suggestions!

#7210 2 years ago
Quoted from DigitalJedi084:

Hey guys!
Does anyone know what the part number would be for the metal piece that goes here.
Old owner has a long screw in here to help the ball from getting stuck in the edge of the spinning soccer ball. It’s relatively effective, but looking to see if I can find the original piece
Or if someone has a better pic of it, that would be helpful! Could try to fabricate one
[quoted image]

I believe this is the part you are referring to.

20220119_185347 (resized).jpg20220119_185347 (resized).jpg20220119_185351 (resized).jpg20220119_185351 (resized).jpg
#7213 2 years ago

yep- that’s the one! Thanks
Haven’t been able to find anything on Marcos that looks like it would match, and don’t see anything about that bracket in the manual…
So may have to get a bit creative!

I got the ramp from starship fantasy, maybe shoot them an email. Might be worth a shot.

#7214 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Just joined the club. I like my games to be bright. Should I get pinstadium, led lights, or both?

Check out Cary Hardys review of wcs on youtube, He has pinstadiums in his. Might help you decide

#7220 2 years ago

You guys got me longing for my resto to be finished, 10 days on powder coating and maybe 2 weeks beyond that before I am done.....

#7222 2 years ago

Nice! What color scheme did you end up going with?
I helped a buddy together a big oven from this kit, gonna venture out to his place this spring to redo a few trim pieces. I’m thinking of that teal or something bold for the legs. So many cool powders out there!

I actually ended up deciding not to do the legs or lock bar I am doing all the metal parts on the playfield Illusion purple. wireform and coin toss and most of the visible metal. I may reget not doing all of it not sure yet!

#7236 2 years ago
Quoted from planet4:

After months of work I am almost done. Very happy with the result! Now I just have one error left that disappeared for a while but now came back. Check diverter. I know this topic has been discussed before so I will take some time later to read all the posts. However. The pinball was non working when I got it. Now I have:
New decals
Powder coated parts
Pinsound & shaker
New ramps
Many other replaced parts
I just uploaded my remastered sound pack to pinsound if someone wants it.
So thank you everyone here for inspiration and help!
I have posted some on my page found at https://www.planet4.se/ if you want to read more.
[quoted image]

Looking good and clean nice job!

#7245 2 years ago

So, I am installing top side pop bumpers and a screw just broke off in the playfied. Any suggestions on how to safely remove it?

20220130_190841 (resized).jpg20220130_190841 (resized).jpg
#7251 2 years ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

The concerns here are many. I'm assuming there's some screw above the PF surface. But even with that you're in for a fight. The screw is small so there's not much actual screw to work with and it's in there tight enough to break the shaft as well. You'll probably get one chance at an alternate extraction method before you're hosed and have to "dig" it out. If you can't grab it with needle nose pliers as Kevlar51 suggests (or a small pair of vice grips) you may be able to cut/grind it to help the process by providing a better surface to grab it with. But both of these options remove some of the screw so that's going to make it more fragile.
I've had success by cutting/grinding the shaft in the following 2 ways in the past. But with such a small screw diameter there's not much room to work with:

grind two flat spots on either side of screw (flat spots would be parallel to each other) with a Dremmel tool and then use the pliers/vice grips to grip on the flats and carefully back it out.
cut/grind a small grove into the shaft of the screw with a Dremmel tool and then use a flat blade screwdriver to carefully back it out.

If you score the PF with the Dremmel it's not a huge issue as it's under the bumper. But I do understand the pain that would cause.
I'm interested to hear of other ideas as I'm probably missing some easier method.

Yeah, I agree with everything you are saying. It was a predrilled hole and I barely torqued and it broke flat with the playfield lol.. I am going to look at all of the dremel bits in the known universe and see what will work best. I am thinking of trying to grind it out
Of existence. It's such a bs thing to try and deal with!

#7254 2 years ago

Lots of ways to go since it's flush too.
The biggest problem with grinding or drilling it out is the bit wandering into the softer wood that's all around it. If you could clamp everything steady drilling/grinding it out could work.
You could work from the bottom of the PF and try to drill out the wood around the screw. Slowly with small bits that will deflect around the screw shaft. You'd not drill any deeper than say 3/4s of the PF thickness. The idea being you're removing all the wood from around the screw from the underside. If you're careful you might be able to drill out enough around the screw that you could gently push it through from the top. Then you could carefully clean up the mess left from the boring exercise by drilling the hole out to the size of a dowel, again not going all the way through. You'd back fill the hole with the matching wood dowel - glue and tap it in to set. Then re-drill the pilot from the top. That would preserve the upper PF condition, get the thing out, and fix the mess from the underside.

This is a solid approach me thinks. This is such a nonsense thing to have happened. I was looking at soldering a skinny nail shaft to it like Toine79 mentioned but its in there pretty solid. I appreciate all the ideas, giving me a notion on how to get this devil metal out!

#7257 2 years ago

Yea, solder like electrical solder or silver plumbing isn't going to have the holding power. I've pulled bolts out of engine blocks and such by tack welding a nut on the break but that screw is sooooo small that it would probably just vaporize rather than bond and we don't even know what the composition of the screw is.
It's basically a sh*t situation. I don't envy your situation. Good luck and whatever you do let us know.

Here is how I solved this. I bought three needle thin dremel drill bits. It took over an hour but I drilled the entire screw out of existence. I broke one of the bits, but I did zero dog to the playfield all said and done! This pic is half way through the process, just had to hold the dremel super steady!

20220201_103921 (resized).jpg20220201_103921 (resized).jpg
#7259 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Okay peeps, what was the true reason for the gold legs and wireform on the game when the rest of the metal is silver?

Let's add to that why there is no real green in this pin but soccer is played on a huge chunk of green!? I think they were doing shots when they made decisions on this game. Part of why I love it maybe

#7273 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So I ordered a new soccer ball. Do the new soccer balls come like this? It doesn’t come off
[quoted image]

Here is mine yet to be installed as a brand new one to reference

20220204_131826 (resized).jpg20220204_131826 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7290 2 years ago

So, I am down to installing ramps before my full resto is completed. I decided to debug first and am stumped on none of the flashers working. Fairly new to all of this so just wanting a few suggestions to maybe point me in the right direction. doing my own research but none of it has panned yet. Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

#7294 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Wher does this plastic go? Top left?
[quoted image]

It goes under the plastic between the pop bumper and the goal. I recently had to track that one down.

#7295 2 years ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:Might be a dumb suggestion but I think the coin door needs to be closed for the flasher test to work, I thought my flasher were dead too when I was doing some tests recently.

You nailed it. They all work, thanks for that and also Kevlar51 never would have known the coin door had to be closed lol.

#7296 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Wher does this plastic go? Top left?
[quoted image]

Here is a pic of the location. It goes under the plastic going around the blue pop cap

20220217_193621 (resized).jpg20220217_193621 (resized).jpg
#7299 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The attachment holes on the plastic don’t make sense for that location. Sure it goes there?

I thought that to until I matched it with the holes behind striker. I had the exact same issue like 2 weeks ago till I found it's home.. I think it's a damage protection plastic so it's not identical to the plastic it goes under in the picture.

#7300 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The attachment holes on the plastic don’t make sense for that location. Sure it goes there?

I was until a minute ago when I decided to double check and it definitely does not go there. I never attached mine so I thought I had it figured. I have just spent some time hunched over this machine and I can't find its home, though it's shape only fits around the soccerball. But the only tri hole location I find is behind striker where I thought it went....

1 week later
#7318 2 years ago

Brendo78 did you happen to source out the bracket that attaches to the ramp, to prevent the ball from getting stuck in between the spinning soccer ball and ramp?
Could never seem to find that! I have something rigged up now, but would love an original bracket.
[quoted image]

So I looked hard for that part, again lol. My advice cause I don't think it's sold by anyone. look through the picture gallery here their are at least 2 real good pics of the item. I will link a pic of the dimensions of it. Then see if you can find someone to 3d print a plastic version of it. I have seen a few people do that then sell it. Only thing I can think of tbh. Anyways good hunting either way.

Screenshot_20220226-234323_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220226-234323_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7321 2 years ago

Thanks! CrabbyPatty and Brendo78
Those dimensions are super helpful, I do have a 3D printer so I’ll work on getting something mocked up.
I can upload the STL once I’m happy with it

Right on, I hope you get a good mock up out of that!
So I am 90% done with my WCS94 full resto. Got one pic to post.

20220228_205310 (resized).jpg20220228_205310 (resized).jpg
#7326 2 years ago

Fits pretty well- need to print on some clear plastic to blend a bit better….but it works nicely, and no more wedged balls [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude thats nice, that turned out well. I looked through like 2000 random pinball parts on this website before giving up. Glad those measurements worked out!!

#7331 2 years ago

So I am gonna post this question here while I try and figure this out maybe some help will come from this. My restore is down to flippers, they worked before restore but now they launch the ball all of 2 inches full hit... any ideas?

#7334 2 years ago
Quoted from CrabbyPatty:

So I am gonna post this question here while I try and figure this out maybe some help will come from this. My restore is down to flippers, they worked before restore but now they launch the ball all of 2 inches full hit... any ideas?

I can answer my own question by doing so maybe someone else will avoid this problem. The white blue cable that goes from j104 on the mpu to the fliptronics board is a 5 pin connector I had it plugged so the wires wire plugged into the 4,5 spot instead of the 1,2 spot. flipped the connector and poof hardy flippers once again!

1 week later
#7342 2 years ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

My diverted isn’t going all the way to the right and is blocking the ramp sometimes. It moves to the left fine. Any suggestions it seems weak. Make the coil needs rebuilding?

I would start by lifting the playfield and checking the grub screw that holds the diverter post go from there. Coils I would look at after eliminating the more likely problem points.

#7343 2 years ago
Quoted from T2F14:

I'm about to strip, clean and put cliffy's on my super dirty WPC 94? Does the Playfield unplug easily put on a rotisserie? (I'm talking about the four main bundles of wires that run from the head to the playfield) I can't find the plugs other than all the way back in the head on the boards. Or do you most people just shop these inside the cabinet?

if you are going to unplug it from the backboard take lots of pictures like lots! then tape label all the plugs to make it easier like as an example plug spot j104 write that on some tape on the plug and have a pic to verify. then no confusion will occur!

#7344 2 years ago

Good find!
That got me with J-107 before, for a bunch of the high power solenoids.
I have a tight dog leg into the basement so always need to take the heads off my games. 1 out of what felt like 10000 connectors wasn’t bad haha

Yeah I have learned the hard way doing this restore. Removing the head the first time probably sucked! Gets easier everytime though right?
I am taking my brand new wcs 94 to Texas Pinfest, I am down to replacing the left kicker leaf assembly, and a weird check ramp diverter test report, all the ramp switches work though? Pinball is a never ending learning experience heh!

#7354 2 years ago

So I have one piece left over from my wcs restore I am not sure where it goes. Its a slotted roll pin. The plastic in the pic is for size reference. Any ideas would be helpful.

Got some mirror blades in today, pretty happy with them! Added some thin felt on the playfield as well to prevent scratching
Pictures were tough since it’s darker there, but it pops in person![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks super clean, great color! Can't wait to see mine out of the garage!

20220318_224315 (resized).jpg20220318_224315 (resized).jpg
#7355 2 years ago

Got some mirror blades in today, pretty happy with them! Added some thin felt on the playfield as well to prevent scratching
Pictures were tough since it’s darker there, but it pops in person![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks super clean, great color! Can't wait to get mine out of the garage!

#7358 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Can anyone give details on the black o ring that goes between the motor and the gearbox?
Mine doesn't have it and grease gets on the gearbox. Thanks.
(not my pic - this one has the ring)
[quoted image]

Here is a pic of the original motor I replaced, the teeth were almost all worn off. There is no black o ring, my new one doesn't have one either. I would just avoid greasing these much at all, very minor. Gonna have to "Macgyver" it I think if you gonna grease it up.

20220319_150736 (resized).jpg20220319_150736 (resized).jpg
#7363 2 years ago

I am with Chuck on this one. Though I recently bought all new ramps and they are sexy nice!

#7367 2 years ago

Finally got my full restore completed! This will be at Texas pinfest this weekend fyi. Took me 4 hard months to get done, but so worth!

20220323_222454 (resized).jpg20220323_222454 (resized).jpg20220323_222521 (resized).jpg20220323_222521 (resized).jpg
#7373 2 years ago

haven't gotten to play Halloween yet, but I think Godzilla is the most fun I had playing pinball since the 90s!

#7376 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Looks great! Looking forward to playing it this weekend.

I am curious if you got to play the wcs with purple wireform and cointoss at tpf this past weekend? I got about 260 plays over the three days.

#7382 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I did! Played very well. That goalie was brutal, couldn’t sneak many past him lol.
Nice work on the game. Looked nice. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, I had a lot of fun having it there! The soccer ball and goalie both have new motors so yeah the goalie is brutal lol. I also learned just how heavy WCS is getting it out of there on Sunday solo style!

#7383 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

My pin is in good shape but as I dig into it I'm realizing that it is missing a lot of screws in random places.
Is there a detailed tear-down/shop-out library of pics that shows what types of screws go where? I'd settle for head type and washer...I can figure out size and length.
thanks!

Cary Hardy does a review video of wcs 94 and he pans slowly over the playfield a lot. I used that video to match up parts many times. Mine was using maybe 5% original nuts, bolts, screws, washers! I got it real close to original by the time my restore was complete that way.

#7395 2 years ago

CrabbyPatty that restore looks awesome! Those ramps are just soooo damn nice
flipperstick I posted an stl file here from some I made if you have access to a 3D printer
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5273134

Yeah the ramps are brand new. Had to get a new set, the ones that came with my wcs were frankensteined together at best! I love coming ho.e from work and getting a few games in. Wcs❤

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,159.00
$ 14.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrabbyPatty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=CrabbyPatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.