(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1621 9 years ago

Just joined the club with my first pinball machine. Can barely contain my excitement.

#1624 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Congrats! when is #2 coming, then?

Well, strangely enough I've already started looking for a TSPP, but I'm super happy with WCS. Great game that has enough depth to keep me interested and having fun, and it contains those shots (goal!) to keep my girlfriend and non-pin friend engaged. Really is one of the great ones.

#1626 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

How long have you been into pinball?

Well I've been playing it since arcades were still around, looked into getting one 20, then 10 years ago, but it wasn't financially viable then. Now, while I just need to make sure there is room, I am finally able to make the dream come true, from when I walked into the distributer's store, and saw the WCS94, suffered from sticker shock, and walked right out the door.

I've played a ton of pins since then (any time I could find them), and some where great, others were ho hum, but WCS has always trumped even those I have childhood memories of.

1 week later
#1643 9 years ago

Is the adjustment to turn off the special challenge what turns off the knocker? It scares the crap out of my dog and girlfriend.

#1646 9 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

Stop playing so well.

Well I could certainly turn off the score replay, but it goes off for earning extra balls as well, and I'm less tempted to eliminate all those as well.

#1656 9 years ago

Don't suppose any of you guys have headphones in your machine, and may be able to help me out with installation ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-owner-pinpac-1installation ). Is it j1 and j2 on the sound board assembly?

#1658 9 years ago
Quoted from ab3:

Yes on the bottom left of the sound board assembly. See section 2-5 of the manual.

Awesome thank you. Just have to wait for my headphones to finish charging to try it out. Was super intimidated and unsure as soon as I saw that bank of boards. Can't thank you enough.

2 weeks later
#1689 8 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

During multiball, the machine does take over the assist triggering (usually with perfect timing).

I wish it usually worked. Generally it only scores about 50% of the time for me.

#1691 8 years ago

What color lights are you guys using for the lock and travel arrows? I just replaced all my lights ( that don't require me to remove the ramps) and I used super yellows and it looks more orange than yellow.

#1693 8 years ago

Thanks. Just played in my first tournament , and while playing this there I noticed the same thing. It made me come home and really look at it, and it seems that it only misses when I don't have jackpot lit. So maybe that's just how it's supposed to work.

Quoted from ellray:See page 1-20 of the manual (Eject Hole Test). It describes adjustment of timing and direction of the kick-out. If you don't have a manual, look here-> http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2811/Bally_1994_World_Cup_Soccer_Manual.pdf
Hopefully adjusting it perfectly in general makes it work better during multi-ball as well.

#1697 8 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

(Just in case...) during normal play it should allow you to time the shot yourself with a flipper button press.

Absolutely! No issues there, but thanks for looking out

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I am in the club!

image.jpg

Congrats, and welcome to the club. You'll have a ball.

#1698 8 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

I'm mid-shop job on mine. When pulling everything apart, I only had two of the circular clear plastic washers (one is at the base of the right ramp).
I ordered a new set of plastics and protectors and four of the circular washers came in the package. I'm assuming my machine at one point had all four but someone didn't replace two. Could someone point out where the four go? I can't find any diagram of plastics in the manual or online.
Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you have a picture?

2 weeks later
#1752 8 years ago

So, maybe this is just me noticing it now since I put LEDs in, but when you score a goal from the assist saucer is it supposed to light two ultra whatevers?

1 week later
#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

It took me a while, but I have the majority of the work done. She cleaned up very nicely and plays awesome!

Before.JPG
IMG_5704.JPG

Looks fantastic! Great job.

1 year later
#2928 7 years ago

I've started experiencing resets when both flippers are used at the same time. This is especially troublesome when capturing balls during multiball. Has anyone else had an issue like this that might be able to help me pinpoint the problem?

#2931 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

not trying to be smug, but this is really the best resource out there:
http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

Thanks!

1 month later
#3056 7 years ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

Looks like I can also recreate the shutdown with a magna save activation.... maybe there's a power issue and not just an opto issue

I was having the same issue, and was talking about having to step through the whole power supply during league, and one guy mentioned getting a daughter board for his games to solve the problem. I looked it up and it was cheap(much cheaper than digging through for hours with the power supply) so I figured I'd give it a shot. Sure enough it solved my issue, and was a super easy plug and play fix. Really saved me hours and hours. Saw it recently on the ads that inside added, and it made me smile. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1013-kahrus-circuits/00092-wpc-power-fix-daughterboard

#3060 7 years ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

Sweet, bought the daughter board. hoping for some easy installation since I'm pretty terrible with a soldering iron. Of course naturally the problem seems to have gone away and I think I can isolate it to one of three things:
1) I checked all the wires everywhere and disconnected and reconnected everything to make sure it was snug.
2) Asked the previous owner when the last time he swapped out those AAs were, he said "what AAs?" changed those and scrubed off some VERY minor corrosion. Here's to hoping my settings save.
3) Plugged the machine straight into the wall instead of the power strip it is on. Sadly, it has no wall outlet where it's going so it'll be on an industrial power strip when I move it back, I'm hoping it's not #3

No soldering needed. It is literally unplug j210, plug in the daughter board, and plug j210 into it....done

2 years later
#5027 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

If anyone is looking to sell a WCS near Richmond, VA lmk please.
Thanks

☹️ The one you were getting fell through?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 159.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=Blu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.