(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 170.
#401 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Sorry. Been fighting with people on the phone since I got off work (while sitting here on pinside of course). Tired and need to go to bed but will take pics for sure when I get off tomorrow morning.

Sounds good. Thanks!

#402 10 years ago

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from miggitymac:

Did you land the one that was for sale up in Alexandria?

I did end up picking both of those machines up. Certainly not 'like new' as was posted, but it was worth the effort I think. The goalie worked when I tested it out there, probably something stupid. Don't have time to dig into them this weekend, huge weekend for pinball in Minneapolis, but next week we'll see what's up.

Kind of excited to mess around with the WCS, seems fun albeit a really dark game with standard bulbs.

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I did end up picking both of those machines up. Certainly not 'like new' as was posted, but it was worth the effort I think. The goalie worked when I tested it out there, probably something stupid. Don't have time to dig into them this weekend, huge weekend for pinball in Minneapolis, but next week we'll see what's up.
Kind of excited to mess around with the WCS, seems fun albeit a really dark game with standard bulbs.

Congrats on landing them, it sounded like a good deal even knowing they weren't purchased new in 2005 or whatever. I'm from Alex but was too late on seeing the CL ad. Anyway, I'm hoping to make it to the pinball circus this weekend and get introduced to some pinsiders.

#405 10 years ago

Yeah, I'll be the tall guy with long hair.

#406 10 years ago

Anyone on here in the east northern US or CDN willing to let their WCS go?

#407 10 years ago

I've been looking for a WCS in Michigan.. Let me know if anyone is selling one..

Thanks

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I've been looking for a WCS in Michigan.. Let me know if anyone is selling one..
Thanks

Thanks for bumping my request...not

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Thanks for bumping my request...not

Look back in the thread and you'll see I asked way before you.. Besides I want one local..

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Looking for a WCS let me know if you or anyone you know is interested in selling one near Michigan area.. Just PM me.. Thanks in advance..

Found it 5 months ago when the thread started..

#411 10 years ago

Fixed up the goalie on my machine, just removed the assemblies and re-soldered some iffy connections, cleaned the optos with 99% alcohol, and polished some of the metal parts, works great now.

Have a question on the operation of the goal/striker hole. Should you score a goal if you hit the striker hole instead, and also, should you receive the striker object if you hit the goal instead of the striker hole directly?

#412 10 years ago

Fixed up the goalie on my machine, just removed the assemblies and re-soldered some iffy connections, cleaned the optos with 99% alcohol, and polished some of the metal parts, works great now.
Have a question on the operation of the goal/striker hole. Should you score a goal if you hit the striker hole instead, and also, should you receive the striker object if you hit the goal instead of the striker hole directly?

No you should not. Your optos are probably flaky. About 1 in 10 hits on an inactive goal results in a striker award. Never got a goal for hitting striker though.

#413 10 years ago

should you receive the striker object if you hit the goal instead of the striker hole directly?

This is in the settings. Default is to award the first striker award by hitting the unlit goal. Should not get a goal on striker hole.

#414 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Can someone please take a few pics of their final draw scoop

Camera had some trouble focusing on a few shots.

100_4420.JPG100_4420.JPG 100_4425.JPG100_4425.JPG 100_4423.JPG100_4423.JPG
#415 10 years ago

Now the blurry ones.

100_4426.JPG100_4426.JPG 100_4424.JPG100_4424.JPG 100_4421.JPG100_4421.JPG
#416 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

This is in the settings. Default is to award the first striker award by hitting the unlit goal. Should not get a goal on striker hole.

Quoted from Syco54645:

No you should not. Your optos are probably flaky. About 1 in 10 hits on an inactive goal results in a striker award. Never got a goal for hitting striker though.

Thanks for the replies guys, so let me clarify.

If goal is unlit, but striker hole is, I should or should not receive the striker award by hitting the unlit goal?
If the goal is lit, and hit the striker hole (either lit or unlit), should I receive a goal?
And then, if the goal is lit, and striker is lit and I hit the goal, should I receive both the goal and the striker award?

#417 10 years ago

If goal is unlit, but striker hole is, I should or should not receive the striker award by hitting the unlit goal?

Depends on your setting. The default setting is to receive the first striker award (if lit) by shooting the ball into the unlit goal.

If the goal is lit, and hit the striker hole (either lit or unlit), should I receive a goal?

No, you should never receive a goal by hitting the striker hole.

And then, if the goal is lit, and striker is lit and I hit the goal, should I receive both the goal and the striker award?

No. You should only receive a goal by hitting a lit goal.

#418 10 years ago

Right on PinballKen, I'll go over that area, thanks.

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

i didn't know that. guess mine is not broken...

#420 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Camera had some trouble focusing on a few shots.

Thanks for these pics. Mine is definitely bent all up. Will order a new one once funds open up some. Just closed on my house yesterday!

#421 10 years ago

Heres some used plastics on ebay if someone is looking for some replacement

ebay.com link: mnmboysmom

#422 10 years ago

I played this game for the first time at an expo recently and man it was a blast! I couldn't get off it. I have to have one now. Is it a bad thing to want WCS this much?

#423 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I played this game for the first time at an expo recently and man it was a blast! I couldn't get off it. I have to have one now. Is it a bad thing to want WCS this much?

It's pretty fun, I'm not a huge soccer fan in real life, but thankfully this game plays faster than real soccer (nothing like wasting 90 minutes for a 0 - 0 tie).

#424 10 years ago

I would like to replace a couple lamp sockets on the coin toss PCB assembly. I can't seem to find an entire assembly but I'm pretty handy with the iron, but cannot find those PCB sockets. If someone can point me to them I'd much appreciate it!

#425 10 years ago

I would like to replace a couple lamp sockets on the coin toss PCB assembly. I can't seem to find an entire assembly but I'm pretty handy with the iron, but cannot find those PCB sockets. If someone can point me to them I'd much appreciate it!

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1226

pretty sure these are them

#426 10 years ago

yeah, saw those, but they don't look the same, cheap enough, might just buy a few and see if they work. Thanks!

#427 10 years ago

my coin toss assy is out, they look like the correct ones.
just curious why do you need to replace?

IMG_20131020_153119.jpgIMG_20131020_153119.jpg
#428 10 years ago

Sweet, I'll pick them up. There was a hack on the board, the attachments must have broken off at one point and they just soldered a 'clump' to complete the circuit.

#429 10 years ago

I think these are the correct ones, the above might stand off too far, although they are a bit thinner. Would probably work.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8857

#430 10 years ago

If anyone knows of a lower left ramp and possibly a mini playfield for sale I would appreciate the heads up. Mine are workable, but would like new/spares.

#431 10 years ago

#432 10 years ago

I'm in!

Just picked one up this weekend. First DMD. Great pin!

#433 10 years ago

Has anyone changed the coils on the "assist" and " light free kick outs" ? Mine work, but seek a little lame....I'd like to see the ball come firing out of there, unless it's a glass shot.....thanks....mark

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has anyone changed the coils on the "assist" and " light free kick outs" ? Mine work, but seek a little lame....I'd like to see the ball come firing out of there, unless it's a glass shot.....thanks....mark

I went to a friends house and noticed that his assist dribbled up to the goal where as mine is a strong kick. Probably too strong as it bounces back out once and a while. Haven't tried to change them yet though. Let us know what you decide to do.

#435 10 years ago

Think I'm going to go for it.....what's the step up from orange, blue?...thanks

#436 10 years ago

who got the NOS plastics on ebay?
ebay.com link: itm

I'm interested in your used plastics

#437 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Check the manual for instructions on oiling that arm. When I got mine, the ball would get stuck in the free kick saucers. A dab of oil made a huge difference.

#438 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just a note:
Mine got 'lame' once I installed the cliffy's... Still glad I put them on, but they made them a bit less powerful. The Assist kickout a lot less powerful. Actually, it's not a bad thing, as the assist used to be a super easy 'gimme' shot, and now it's quite a bit more difficult.

#439 10 years ago

agreed...the cliffys slowed them down, but glad i have them in place...just debating putting a little "smack" into thar release.......

#440 10 years ago

WOW-EEE. Just got my newest game, WCS94 and boy is it sweet. Iv never seen a more cherry WCS94 than this one. Previous owner put a few LEDs in (looks like whenever a light would go out he would replace with an LED), but Im going to complete it and make it Bright!!

Who has some cool LED treatments on theirs? Id love to see them!

#441 10 years ago

This may have been asked, but can we change this to a Club thread?

#442 10 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

WOW-EEE. Just got my newest game, WCS94 and boy is it sweet. Iv never seen a more cherry WCS94 than this one. Previous owner put a few LEDs in (looks like whenever a light would go out he would replace with an LED), but Im going to complete it and make it Bright!!
Who has some cool LED treatments on theirs? Id love to see them!

Might want to PM user Gov. I'm pretty sure he put up a full LED list and pics of what he did. I think it was in his own thread though.

In mine I REALLY like the color changing LED that the previous owner put in the final draw. I also think it's really sharp to have the blue LED's under the Ultra inserts.

#443 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Might want to PM user Gov. I'm pretty sure he put up a full LED list and pics of what he did. I think it was in his own thread though.
In mine I REALLY like the color changing LED that the previous owner put in the final draw. I also think it's really sharp to have the blue LED's under the Ultra inserts.

It is either in this thread somewhere or in my thread ya. I don't have the list anymore as I sold the game, so if you search for it here you should be able to find it.

#444 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Here is my LED list from Cointaker:
Kickback Arrows x3: 555 Cool White Super (FLEX if you want brighter, kind of offset)
Magna Goal Target x1: 47 Orange Super
Cities inserts x8: 555 Pink Super
Goals inserts x4: 555 Warm White Super
Coin Toss x1: 555 Warm White FLEX
Light Lock (Speed/Stamina etc) x4: 555 Cool White Super
Saucers x3: 47 Pink FLEX
Build Lock x4: 555 Cool White Super
Tickets x2: 555 Pink Super (mine are blue as I forgot to order these) Blue looks good too.
Free Kick: Yellow Super (555/47???)
Lock Arrows x2: 555 Warm White Super
Special and Ball Save x2: 47 Red Super
Extra Ball x1: 555 Red Super
Lighting Bolts x4: 1 each 555 Super Red, Blue, Green and Yellow (I am going to change yellow to pink) These correspond with the different ramps and such with the colors I used there.
Goal x2: 555 Warm White
Jackpot x1: 555 Red Super
Goal GI x2: 555 Green Frosted
Pop Bumpers x3: POP Bumpers 4+1HP Cool White
Ticket Rollovers and Ultra Jets instert: 47 Pink supers (I think they are 47's need to verify)
Coin Toss assembly x3: 555 Cool White (Thinking of going with Pink/Purple)
GI is all Cool White 555 Frosted. I ordered 70 of them for everything that used frosted including the backbox.
Ramp plastics x6: 555 x2 Blue Frosted, X4 Red Frosted
Then i ordered Cool white flat flashers for the playfield. I Color matched the dome flashers. The goal top flasher, the ultra jets flasher, the insert behind the goal and one of the ramp yellow flashers need to be the premium flashers that have the globes on them or other wise they don't light correctly as the regular ones are flat and only project one direction.
All together it was about $120, but I didn't order a few I have listed there as I had a few already from a sample kit. Still, compared to their kit at $250 it is a pretty good deal. Also if you use this list, double check the bulb type before ordering 47/555 as I may have some backwards.
I hope this helps.

Here is my post from earlier in the thread regarding LED's.

#445 10 years ago

Simple game but fast and fun.
Loving it so far.

"ultra-post" me and a buddy tell each other this when having a bad game.

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Simple game but fast and fun.
Loving it so far.
"ultra-post" me and a buddy tell each other this when having a bad game.

One of my favorite callouts of all time. "They can't seem to get control of the ball."

#447 10 years ago

I did a lot of work to mine tonight. Bought it needing a lot of stuff, and now it's almost complete....

DSCN0042.JPGDSCN0042.JPG

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I did a lot of work to mine tonight. Bought it needing a lot of stuff, and now it's almost complete....

Love the lighting in the basement!

#449 10 years ago

So I finally played Germany in the final. SO COOL.

Since I had no idea what was going on, is it true that a drain is a score for Germany and a goal in the net is one for me?

Also, the flippers are supposed to quit afterwards, right?

So fun that Wcs is!

#450 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

S is it true that a drain is a score for Germany and a goal in the net is one for me?
Also, the flippers are supposed to quit afterwards, right?
So fun that Wcs is!

Interesting question about Germany making a goal. I thought I understood it, but now am wondering. Here's what I understood...
Draining doesn't score a goal.
if you get way ahead and just hold the balls on your flippers, Germany will continue to score periodic goals without any movement on the field.
I thought that every blocked kicked was a goal for Germany, but now I'm wondering.

Here's a link to a rule sheet. Doesn't say anything about a blocked kick.

http://pinball.org/rules/worldcupsoccer.html

And yes, definitely, the flippers stop working after the match, but you get another ball and continue where you left off when the round started.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 180.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/9?hl=matiou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.