(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 170.
#4851 5 years ago

Hi guys—hoping you can help with an issue on my WCS.

The wires on the Goalie switch are bad, so I’m replacing. But, there’s a small resistor in line and it shows in the manual, but it’s not identified. Does anyone know what this resistor is?? Or even know if it is a resistor??

Thanks!

#4852 5 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

My goalie basically only covers the center to the right side of the net. For guys that have done troubleshooting with the goalie movement, can you suggest anything to make mine move all the way to the left as it should?
I've taken it apart and cleaned the whole mechanism and everything moves very freely. I applied a small amount of Wurth silicone spray to areas where metal rubs on metal.
Thanks in advance

Don't have my WCS anymore, but when I had this issue it was due to wiring being caught... Take a look and see if the wires to that are catching on anything.

#4853 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I've been dialling in my WCS and it's playing really well now. A couple more questions for the seasoned owners here.
Is it possible to adjust the angle of the Free Kick saucer kickouts? I've levelled my game but they still kick out undesirably (LH one goes close to the centre drain, and the RH one bounces off the sling).
Should there be a gate, or perhaps game code, to prevent losing balls out the Corner Kick lane exit? There is a switch at the top half of the kickback lane so the game knows when a ball has entered from the Corner Kick lane exit as opposed to via the regular outlane gap. Sucks to lose a ball that way!
Is there anywhere to buy replacement goalie pads? My pad is shattered. I could make repro myself, just need to find a suitable material to get laser cut and apply a polycarbonate decal.

Mr pinball in Melbourne has the goalie

#4854 5 years ago
Quoted from newy16216:

Mr pinball in Melbourne has the goalie

Unless I'm doing poor searching it looks like they've just got the pad and no decal, and the pad is the same price that Marco charges for the pad and the decal combined.

However, I got my test goalies from my print supplier yesterday. Direct printed on foamed PVC and CNC cut. They seem great! They've got the same amount of flex as the original rubber pad. Keen to find out how durable they are.

They work out to be less than a quarter of the price of buying a pad and decal from Marco. And when factoring shipping costs it's like 1/10th the price. So I'm happy!

#4855 5 years ago

Wondering if anyone knows the correct part number for the switch behind the goalie plastic. The manual says a-17779, but that isn’t popping up anywhere. Mine has completely fallen apart. Thanks.

#4856 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Wondering if anyone knows the correct part number for the switch behind the goalie plastic. The manual says a-17779, but that isn’t popping up anywhere. Mine has completely fallen apart. Thanks.

Since I catalog every part of my machine for future reference & servicing, I think I can help you. Here is the list of parts for the target to accumulate them seperately and build your own "original" target:

A-17779(1) target switch assy
--06-1-14(1) blade-contact
--06-13G-14(1) blade-contact
--01-916-H(1) "spacer- 3/32"""
--01-916-S(2) "spacer-tight 1/16"""
--01-916-T(1) "spacer- 1/32"""
--03-7007-6(2) "tubing-3/8"""
--03-7264-6(1) tgt square-op yellow
--06-20-20(2) blade-back up
--06-73-2(1) blade-insulator
--07-6697-4(1) rivet .125X.187x.218 zinc
--4700-00003-00(1) fw .125X.281X.032
--06-1F-14(2) blade-contact
--5860-09374-00(2) cp prec met 7309fs
--5070-09054-00(1) diode-1N4004 1.0a

...and here is a picture to assist you in assemblying it:
A-17779 Photo (resized).JPGA-17779 Photo (resized).JPG

#4857 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Unless I'm doing poor searching it looks like they've just got the pad and no decal, and the pad is the same price that Marco charges for the pad and the decal combined.
However, I got my test goalies from my print supplier yesterday. Direct printed on foamed PVC and CNC cut. They seem great! They've got the same amount of flex as the original rubber pad. Keen to find out how durable they are.
They work out to be less than a quarter of the price of buying a pad and decal from Marco. And when factoring shipping costs it's like 1/10th the price. So I'm happy!

Sooo....
fire up the factory and produce a hundred give or take, and make them available!

#4858 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Sooo....
fire up the factory and produce a hundred give or take, and make them available!

I’m not sure if I’d be allowed to sell them because the decal artwork is probably copyrighted?

#4859 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I’m not sure if I’d be allowed to sell them because the decal artwork is probably copyrighted?

Anybody offer some insight here?

#4861 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

If you think it is copyrighted then change the goalie a little. (different hair or uniform). People make alternate translites you could make an alternate goalie.

#4862 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

If you think it is copyrighted then change the goalie a little. (different hair or uniform). People make alternate translites you could make an alternate goalie.

Hmm. Good suggestion. I'll have to think about that. I only like doing mods if they're genuinely an improvement while also fitting with the artwork of the game.

#4863 5 years ago

Which plunger spring do you folks use? The manual calls for the medium-tension green spring. But if find I can’t hit the closest skill shot light without getting completely lucky once in a blue moon. I tried replacing the spring with another green, with no change. But I then I replaced it with the high tension blue and it gives much more control.

Is this cheating?

#4864 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Which plunger spring do you folks use? The manual calls for the medium-tension green spring. But if find I can’t hit the closest skill shot light without getting completely lucky once in a blue moon. I tried replacing the spring with another green, with no change. But I then I replaced it with the high tension blue and it gives much more control.
Is this cheating?

When you say "closest skill shot light" do you mean the top (1), middle (2), or bottom (3) hole? I could take "closest" to mean 1 (shortest plunge to achieve) or 3 (closest to the player).

#4865 5 years ago

3-closest to the player

#4866 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

3-closest to the player

I have the same issue as you then. I figured a higher tension spring would be good. My only concern is that I hear about WCS skill shot assemblies busting their welds from balls slamming into the base, and a hard full-plunge into the 3rd hole may exacerbate that.

#4867 5 years ago

Same problem for me, if I have a good game going I normally push it hard to get it there which I hate doing.

#4868 5 years ago
6F48199C-7EA1-4F74-AB77-A5E467B7D850 (resized).jpeg6F48199C-7EA1-4F74-AB77-A5E467B7D850 (resized).jpeg
#4869 5 years ago

Regarding the skill shot, I have similar issues with the closest slot. I've debated using "skinnier" post sleeves. Or, a fat, normal, skinny setup where the closest is the easiest to hit. Has anyone tested this? I currently have another machine that I am restoring, so it will be a while before I get around to shopping the WCS, but that was something I was going to look into.

#4870 5 years ago

Edit: double-post.

#4871 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Regarding the skill shot, I have similar issues with the closest slot. I've debated using "skinnier" post sleeves. Or, a fat, normal, skinny setup where the closest is the easiest to hit. Has anyone tested this? I currently have another machine that I am restoring, so it will be a while before I get around to shopping the WCS, but that was something I was going to look into.

it is actually a "skill shot" or a shot that requires skill, embrace the fact this awesome game has an actual skill shot, many don't. Unless you call changing lanes until the lit one has the ball roll through it skillful.

#4872 5 years ago
Quoted from centre-drain:

it is actually a "skill shot" or a shot that requires skill, embrace the fact this awesome game has an actual skill shot, many don't. Unless you call changing lanes until the lit one has the ball roll through it skillful.

I get the point, but there is no "skill" when it simply will not go into that slot unless by sheer bounce "luck". There is zero skill in that. I want to make it more of a skill shot where it is attainable and something to shoot for. At the moment, it is a test report trigger that says the switch must be bad because it hasn't activated in so long.

#4873 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I get the point, but there is no "skill" when it simply will not go into that slot unless by sheer bounce "luck". There is zero skill in that. I want to make it more of a skill shot where it is attainable and something to shoot for. At the moment, it is a test report trigger that says the switch must be bad because it hasn't activated in so long.

Agreed. IMO the full plunge shot should, for the most part, be the "gimmie". The "skill" is in getting the correct strength for the other two holes because they are less than the full plunge. If WCS had four holes and the full plunge jumped the whole lot, awarding nothing, then you'd be correct.

The only way I can get the bottom hole is by plunging short and hoping for the ball to bounce twice, over both holes off both posts, into the bottom hole.

I plunge every ball as an attempt to reach the bottom hole and I almost never get it. Other WCS's I've played, a full plunge goes into the bottom hole almost every time. That's how it should be. Something is not right with mine.

#4874 5 years ago

I seem to be getting very little to no play in the pops. The only play is when a weak ramp shot falls into them. My loop gate looks like this at all times, appears to be up. Is this normal? I'm guessing not. I go into the test and all it does is flick up a bit.

20190214_181918 (resized).jpg20190214_181918 (resized).jpg
#4875 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I seem to be getting very little to no play in the pops. The only play is when a weak ramp shot falls into them. My loop gate looks like this at all times, appears to be up. Is this normal? I'm guessing not. I go into the test and all it does is flick up a bit.
[quoted image]

Should only be up when "Travel" is lit, and you're flying to the next city.

#4876 5 years ago

Just went through the plunger issue on mine last night. A couple of things sorted it;

- Bent the metal shooter lane cover next to the apron bracket backwards to allow the ball to sit further back in the shooter lane (closer to the plunger tip).
- Serviced the plunger assembly to make sure nothing was wrong with it.
- Found a nut had been put up inside the plunger tip! After some experimenting with it in or out, I decided to leave it there for best results, lol! It lets you gain another 1/4 of an inch extension on the tip. Someone that had the game before me must have gone through the same process.

I can now hit the hole closest to the player 90% of the time when fully plunging. The centre shot is now the hardest, with the first hole being a close second.
I would think this is how it should work.

#4877 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

[quoted image]

I’m having this same issue. Looks like I’ll need to take off the ramps and investigate. I need to clean it, put in new runners, and install LED GI anyway.

#4878 5 years ago

Unless you’re traveling to the next city, the left orbit should always feed the pops.

#4879 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unless you’re traveling to the next city, the left orbit should always feed the pops.

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

#4880 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Test the coil that operates the gate by the pops.

#4881 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Test the coil that operates the gate by the pops.

I did, all it does is flick up a tiny bit.

#4882 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I did, all it does is flick up a tiny bit.

So it never goes all the way back down? Then that’s your issue. Take it apart and see if you can see anything causing it to not drop all the way.

#4883 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So it never goes all the way back down? Then that’s your issue. Take it apart and see if you can see anything causing it to not drop all the way.

Sounds good, not sure what it's normally supposed to look like. Thanks.

#4884 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

When at rest it should be all the way down so that the ball bounces off it and feeds the top lanes.

#4885 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

When I first got mine it was stuck in the up position, I had to connect it to a spring on the backside of the playfield.

Dave

#4886 5 years ago

Can anyone snap some close ups of how the wiring attaches to the goalkeeper please? Mine came loose and now the goalkeeper does not register when hit and I have a error on start up.

#4887 5 years ago

I have a WCS translight that I am thinking about parting with... almost excellent shape 98% awesome... PM me if interested.

#4888 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Can anyone snap some close ups of how the wiring attaches to the goalkeeper please? Mine came loose and now the goalkeeper does not register when hit and I have a error on start up.

Here you go! My wires cames off before as well.
0122B7A8-C0E0-4FA1-9A7D-184C33BA48AD (resized).jpeg0122B7A8-C0E0-4FA1-9A7D-184C33BA48AD (resized).jpeg

#4889 5 years ago
Quoted from Guari777:

[quoted image]

Thanks!

#4890 5 years ago
Quoted from St0n3PiraT3:

I have a WCS translight that I am thinking about parting with... almost excellent shape 98% awesome... PM me if interested.

Pm Sent

#4891 5 years ago
Quoted from Guari777:

I had the exact same issue with mine... seems to be a common stress point.

#4892 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

[quoted image]

Here's where you might want to start...
Since the ball gate is under the top orbit ramp, and difficult to get to, start under the table instead.
Under the top, right corner, below your ball gate, on the bottom of the playfield, you will find this solenoid. I apologize if this is not clear, but it's the best shot I could get with my phone.
On the right side of the photo, you will see the wire hookups, and above, you will see the wide, metal flap that pulls down. Use Solenoid Test #34 to actuate. It pulls on what looks like a flat, copper double L, inside of that oval hole you see on the right. That pulls on a small metal rod that opens and closes the ball gate. Obviously, from your description, it stays pulled down. It might be caught on something, or, possibly the return spring is bad. You can see on the left of my picture, the end of a spring, which is kind of a pinkish red. That is what pulls the metal flap back into position, once the solenoid releases.
Again, the solenoid pills the rod (inside the oval hole) downward, to open the gate. The spring on the left side (not fully in view) pulls on the left to pull the right side away from the solenoid, to push the rod back up. Yours is not going back up, due to friction, or a bad spring.
If you need a photo from the other side to show the spring, I can post that as well.
Hope this helps. If it does, I always appreciate a thumbs up.
IMG_20190220_074631 (resized).jpgIMG_20190220_074631 (resized).jpg

#4893 5 years ago

What part # is that pinkish-red spring? I’m fairly certain I found a broken one in my cab.

#4894 5 years ago

that spring is part # 10-120.

I've made a rubber rings/posts list & map for anyone that wants to buy new rubbers, here it is:
World Cup Soccer Rubber Parts & Bumper Posts.jpgWorld Cup Soccer Rubber Parts & Bumper Posts.jpg

#4896 5 years ago

Can anyone take a photo of their diverter arm assembly underneath the game? I’m having to redo mine and it’s a total pain!

#4897 5 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Can anyone take a photo of their diverter arm assembly underneath the game? I’m having to redo mine and it’s a total pain!

Here ya go...
The trick to making it work smoothly is to keep vertical movement of the pivot rod minimal. I added a nylon washer between the arm and the mounting plate, which is visible in the photo. On top of the machine, there is another thicker nylon washer under the actual diverter. That wonky spring between the solenoid rod and the end of the pivot arm is critical, and needs to be position so it does not bind. The spring over the solenoid rod is so that the moves back after the solenoid is released. Again, the nylon washers, and limiting the "play" in the vertical movement of the pivot rod is critical.
If this is helpful, please give me an "upvote".
-Dana

IMG_20190221_144337 (resized).jpgIMG_20190221_144337 (resized).jpg
#4898 5 years ago

Not sure if its a bug or not, but the other day a mate of mine put a score up on the machine higher then the bottom two score in the high score table, but didn't actually get to put his name in. He was gutted lol! I thought maybe he had used the 'Super game' button (or whatever it is called) but he said he hadn't (I thought using this may cancel your right to a high score?).
Does this machine do the high score's table differently somehow? Has anyone else noticed this before?

#4899 5 years ago

This is a question to anyone that owns a WCS94 with its original documents.
I would really like to see photos of:
a)16-9634 sheet-field service instruct
b)16-9647-1 pricing card insert - usa
c)16-9093 form * journal
d)16-9478 card-registration
...and any other document, paper, sticker that came with the original pinball machine

Also, what promo keychain plastics came with the game? (I know of two: the round "soccer ball" G2 and the trapezoid with the white-yellow background and green ball. Are there any others?)

#4900 5 years ago
Quoted from provato:

This is a question to anyone that owns a WCS94 with its original documents.
I would really like to see photos of:
a)16-9634 sheet-field service instruct
b)16-9647-1 pricing card insert - usa
c)16-9093 form * journal
d)16-9478 card-registration
...and any other document, paper, sticker that came with the original pinball machine
Also, what promo keychain plastics came with the game? (I know of two: the round "soccer ball" G2 and the trapezoid with the white-yellow background and green ball. Are there any others?)

I don't have the 4 you listed, but do have others. PM me, and I can get you what I have.

I have good quality images of the promo flyer (cover, side left and right, back), PDF of manual (unfortunately, each page is a scan), original hand book, rules sheet, parts list, a few promo graphics, and some top card images, including the "new format" color images that popped up a few years back. A few things are available here: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2811
That site even has a link to the original promo video.

I am still collecting as well, so please share additional things you have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/98?hl=flex_in_aus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.