World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,885 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by daveddd14
  • Topic is favorited by 163 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,109 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190214_181918 (resized).jpg
6F48199C-7EA1-4F74-AB77-A5E467B7D850 (resized).jpeg
A-17779 Photo (resized).JPG
20181105_202108 (resized).jpg
Double Ring WCS (resized).jpeg
188B14A8-EA21-42ED-8943-9C3890642691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0317 (resized).JPG
IMG_0316 (resized).JPG
IMG_0315 (resized).JPG
20180328_214324 (resized).jpg
5752FEED-7E94-476E-973A-53FC3B873B4D (resized).jpeg
04C4B977-79FF-4992-935A-D181F5D40CFB (resized).jpeg
5B9042FD-595B-4E4C-8448-A9C350C20B13 (resized).jpeg
6ACA0983-C5CF-4B2A-95ED-9A46BC644CCB (resized).jpeg
31-1925-COMPL (resized).png
detail (1) (resized).jpg

There are 4885 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 98.
#4851 12 days ago

Hi guys—hoping you can help with an issue on my WCS.

The wires on the Goalie switch are bad, so I’m replacing. But, there’s a small resistor in line and it shows in the manual, but it’s not identified. Does anyone know what this resistor is?? Or even know if it is a resistor??

Thanks!

#4852 12 days ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

My goalie basically only covers the center to the right side of the net. For guys that have done troubleshooting with the goalie movement, can you suggest anything to make mine move all the way to the left as it should?
I've taken it apart and cleaned the whole mechanism and everything moves very freely. I applied a small amount of Wurth silicone spray to areas where metal rubs on metal.
Thanks in advance

Don't have my WCS anymore, but when I had this issue it was due to wiring being caught... Take a look and see if the wires to that are catching on anything.

#4853 7 days ago
Quoted from accidental:

I've been dialling in my WCS and it's playing really well now. A couple more questions for the seasoned owners here.
Is it possible to adjust the angle of the Free Kick saucer kickouts? I've levelled my game but they still kick out undesirably (LH one goes close to the centre drain, and the RH one bounces off the sling).
Should there be a gate, or perhaps game code, to prevent losing balls out the Corner Kick lane exit? There is a switch at the top half of the kickback lane so the game knows when a ball has entered from the Corner Kick lane exit as opposed to via the regular outlane gap. Sucks to lose a ball that way!
Is there anywhere to buy replacement goalie pads? My pad is shattered. I could make repro myself, just need to find a suitable material to get laser cut and apply a polycarbonate decal.

Mr pinball in Melbourne has the goalie

#4854 6 days ago
Quoted from newy16216:

Mr pinball in Melbourne has the goalie

Unless I'm doing poor searching it looks like they've just got the pad and no decal, and the pad is the same price that Marco charges for the pad and the decal combined.

However, I got my test goalies from my print supplier yesterday. Direct printed on foamed PVC and CNC cut. They seem great! They've got the same amount of flex as the original rubber pad. Keen to find out how durable they are.

They work out to be less than a quarter of the price of buying a pad and decal from Marco. And when factoring shipping costs it's like 1/10th the price. So I'm happy!

#4855 6 days ago

Wondering if anyone knows the correct part number for the switch behind the goalie plastic. The manual says a-17779, but that isn’t popping up anywhere. Mine has completely fallen apart. Thanks.

#4856 6 days ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Wondering if anyone knows the correct part number for the switch behind the goalie plastic. The manual says a-17779, but that isn’t popping up anywhere. Mine has completely fallen apart. Thanks.

Since I catalog every part of my machine for future reference & servicing, I think I can help you. Here is the list of parts for the target to accumulate them seperately and build your own "original" target:

A-17779(1) target switch assy
--06-1-14(1) blade-contact
--06-13G-14(1) blade-contact
--01-916-H(1) "spacer- 3/32"""
--01-916-S(2) "spacer-tight 1/16"""
--01-916-T(1) "spacer- 1/32"""
--03-7007-6(2) "tubing-3/8"""
--03-7264-6(1) tgt square-op yellow
--06-20-20(2) blade-back up
--06-73-2(1) blade-insulator
--07-6697-4(1) rivet .125X.187x.218 zinc
--4700-00003-00(1) fw .125X.281X.032
--06-1F-14(2) blade-contact
--5860-09374-00(2) cp prec met 7309fs
--5070-09054-00(1) diode-1N4004 1.0a

...and here is a picture to assist you in assemblying it:
A-17779 Photo (resized).JPG

#4857 6 days ago
Quoted from accidental:

Unless I'm doing poor searching it looks like they've just got the pad and no decal, and the pad is the same price that Marco charges for the pad and the decal combined.
However, I got my test goalies from my print supplier yesterday. Direct printed on foamed PVC and CNC cut. They seem great! They've got the same amount of flex as the original rubber pad. Keen to find out how durable they are.
They work out to be less than a quarter of the price of buying a pad and decal from Marco. And when factoring shipping costs it's like 1/10th the price. So I'm happy!

Sooo....
fire up the factory and produce a hundred give or take, and make them available!

#4858 6 days ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Sooo....
fire up the factory and produce a hundred give or take, and make them available!

I’m not sure if I’d be allowed to sell them because the decal artwork is probably copyrighted?

#4859 6 days ago
Quoted from accidental:

I’m not sure if I’d be allowed to sell them because the decal artwork is probably copyrighted?

Anybody offer some insight here?

#4861 5 days ago
Quoted from accidental:

If you think it is copyrighted then change the goalie a little. (different hair or uniform). People make alternate translites you could make an alternate goalie.

#4862 4 days ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

If you think it is copyrighted then change the goalie a little. (different hair or uniform). People make alternate translites you could make an alternate goalie.

Hmm. Good suggestion. I'll have to think about that. I only like doing mods if they're genuinely an improvement while also fitting with the artwork of the game.

#4863 3 days ago

Which plunger spring do you folks use? The manual calls for the medium-tension green spring. But if find I can’t hit the closest skill shot light without getting completely lucky once in a blue moon. I tried replacing the spring with another green, with no change. But I then I replaced it with the high tension blue and it gives much more control.

Is this cheating?

#4864 3 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Which plunger spring do you folks use? The manual calls for the medium-tension green spring. But if find I can’t hit the closest skill shot light without getting completely lucky once in a blue moon. I tried replacing the spring with another green, with no change. But I then I replaced it with the high tension blue and it gives much more control.
Is this cheating?

When you say "closest skill shot light" do you mean the top (1), middle (2), or bottom (3) hole? I could take "closest" to mean 1 (shortest plunge to achieve) or 3 (closest to the player).

#4865 3 days ago

3-closest to the player

#4866 3 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

3-closest to the player

I have the same issue as you then. I figured a higher tension spring would be good. My only concern is that I hear about WCS skill shot assemblies busting their welds from balls slamming into the base, and a hard full-plunge into the 3rd hole may exacerbate that.

#4867 3 days ago

Same problem for me, if I have a good game going I normally push it hard to get it there which I hate doing.

#4868 3 days ago

6F48199C-7EA1-4F74-AB77-A5E467B7D850 (resized).jpeg
#4869 3 days ago

Regarding the skill shot, I have similar issues with the closest slot. I've debated using "skinnier" post sleeves. Or, a fat, normal, skinny setup where the closest is the easiest to hit. Has anyone tested this? I currently have another machine that I am restoring, so it will be a while before I get around to shopping the WCS, but that was something I was going to look into.

#4870 3 days ago

Edit: double-post.

#4871 2 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Regarding the skill shot, I have similar issues with the closest slot. I've debated using "skinnier" post sleeves. Or, a fat, normal, skinny setup where the closest is the easiest to hit. Has anyone tested this? I currently have another machine that I am restoring, so it will be a while before I get around to shopping the WCS, but that was something I was going to look into.

it is actually a "skill shot" or a shot that requires skill, embrace the fact this awesome game has an actual skill shot, many don't. Unless you call changing lanes until the lit one has the ball roll through it skillful.

#4872 2 days ago
Quoted from centre-drain:

it is actually a "skill shot" or a shot that requires skill, embrace the fact this awesome game has an actual skill shot, many don't. Unless you call changing lanes until the lit one has the ball roll through it skillful.

I get the point, but there is no "skill" when it simply will not go into that slot unless by sheer bounce "luck". There is zero skill in that. I want to make it more of a skill shot where it is attainable and something to shoot for. At the moment, it is a test report trigger that says the switch must be bad because it hasn't activated in so long.

#4873 2 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I get the point, but there is no "skill" when it simply will not go into that slot unless by sheer bounce "luck". There is zero skill in that. I want to make it more of a skill shot where it is attainable and something to shoot for. At the moment, it is a test report trigger that says the switch must be bad because it hasn't activated in so long.

Agreed. IMO the full plunge shot should, for the most part, be the "gimmie". The "skill" is in getting the correct strength for the other two holes because they are less than the full plunge. If WCS had four holes and the full plunge jumped the whole lot, awarding nothing, then you'd be correct.

The only way I can get the bottom hole is by plunging short and hoping for the ball to bounce twice, over both holes off both posts, into the bottom hole.

I plunge every ball as an attempt to reach the bottom hole and I almost never get it. Other WCS's I've played, a full plunge goes into the bottom hole almost every time. That's how it should be. Something is not right with mine.

#4874 2 days ago

I seem to be getting very little to no play in the pops. The only play is when a weak ramp shot falls into them. My loop gate looks like this at all times, appears to be up. Is this normal? I'm guessing not. I go into the test and all it does is flick up a bit.

20190214_181918 (resized).jpg
#4875 2 days ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I seem to be getting very little to no play in the pops. The only play is when a weak ramp shot falls into them. My loop gate looks like this at all times, appears to be up. Is this normal? I'm guessing not. I go into the test and all it does is flick up a bit.
[quoted image]

Should only be up when "Travel" is lit, and you're flying to the next city.

#4876 1 day ago

Just went through the plunger issue on mine last night. A couple of things sorted it;

- Bent the metal shooter lane cover next to the apron bracket backwards to allow the ball to sit further back in the shooter lane (closer to the plunger tip).
- Serviced the plunger assembly to make sure nothing was wrong with it.
- Found a nut had been put up inside the plunger tip! After some experimenting with it in or out, I decided to leave it there for best results, lol! It lets you gain another 1/4 of an inch extension on the tip. Someone that had the game before me must have gone through the same process.

I can now hit the hole closest to the player 90% of the time when fully plunging. The centre shot is now the hardest, with the first hole being a close second.
I would think this is how it should work.

#4877 1 day ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

[quoted image]

I’m having this same issue. Looks like I’ll need to take off the ramps and investigate. I need to clean it, put in new runners, and install LED GI anyway.

#4878 1 day ago

Unless you’re traveling to the next city, the left orbit should always feed the pops.

#4879 1 day ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unless you’re traveling to the next city, the left orbit should always feed the pops.

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

#4880 1 day ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Test the coil that operates the gate by the pops.

#4881 1 day ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Test the coil that operates the gate by the pops.

I did, all it does is flick up a tiny bit.

#4882 1 day ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I did, all it does is flick up a tiny bit.

So it never goes all the way back down? Then that’s your issue. Take it apart and see if you can see anything causing it to not drop all the way.

#4883 1 day ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So it never goes all the way back down? Then that’s your issue. Take it apart and see if you can see anything causing it to not drop all the way.

Sounds good, not sure what it's normally supposed to look like. Thanks.

#4884 1 day ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

When at rest it should be all the way down so that the ball bounces off it and feeds the top lanes.

#4885 1 day ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

When I first got mine it was stuck in the up position, I had to connect it to a spring on the backside of the playfield.

Dave

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,800 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Raleigh, NC
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 229.99
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aliso Viejo, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Boards
PinSound
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
€ 40.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4885 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 98.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside