(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 170.
#4801 5 years ago

I have a question about plastic sets:
The price at Marco is $249, while at PPS $179.
What is the reason of this significant difference?
Thanks

31-1925-COMPL (resized).png31-1925-COMPL (resized).pngdetail (1) (resized).jpgdetail (1) (resized).jpg
#4802 5 years ago

Looks like the top one has a printed “Coin Toss” plastic.

#4803 5 years ago

I bought the set from pps. They were good. I see sometimes. Marco's will mark stuff up. I always check other vendors before I buy from them.

#4804 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That is an LCD display in Tile mode.

Correct. LCD in Tile mode. Love it!

#4805 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Correct. LCD in Tile mode. Love it!

Was it easy to install?

#4806 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Was it easy to install?

Super easy... remove old display and spacers, drop in new display and spacers, bolt it down and connect a few plugs. Then you update the display with a usb thumb drive and one button press/hold.

#4807 5 years ago

The last two times I played WCS94 I was having issues with the DMD. I had already wanted to upgrade to a ColorDMD so I didn’t mess with it and switched it out to a LED ColorDMD. I then updated the firmware to get full color.
The new DMD now goes in and out of color and doesn’t have a clear display.
I tried reseating the ribbon cable with no luck. I’m going to get a spare ribbon cable tomorrow from a friend to try. I’m attaching a photo showing how the original DMD looked and how the ColorDMD looks. I’m not sure if I can do anything more until I try the new cable tomorrow but thought it couldn’t hurt to ask for input here as well.

5B9042FD-595B-4E4C-8448-A9C350C20B13 (resized).jpeg5B9042FD-595B-4E4C-8448-A9C350C20B13 (resized).jpeg6ACA0983-C5CF-4B2A-95ED-9A46BC644CCB (resized).jpeg6ACA0983-C5CF-4B2A-95ED-9A46BC644CCB (resized).jpeg
#4808 5 years ago

Fixed it. Reseated all connections to the DMD controller board and that fixed it.

04C4B977-79FF-4992-935A-D181F5D40CFB (resized).jpeg04C4B977-79FF-4992-935A-D181F5D40CFB (resized).jpeg
#4809 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I bought the set from pps. They were good. I see sometimes. Marco's will mark stuff up. I always check other vendors before I buy from them.

Thanks, will go for it (and for ramp decal set).

#4810 5 years ago

Just joined the club! It’ll clean up nice..

5752FEED-7E94-476E-973A-53FC3B873B4D (resized).jpeg5752FEED-7E94-476E-973A-53FC3B873B4D (resized).jpeg
#4811 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Just joined the club! It’ll clean up nice..
[quoted image]

GOAAAAAAAALLLLL!

#4812 5 years ago

I recently acquired a dog soccer that lives up to the name in more ways than one. It's going to take a ton of training to get this french poodle re-import housebroken. The bark that's annoying me this week is the assist kick-out. Even before I began patching the excessive wear and cleaning it up, it was inconsistent at best. Probably 1 out of 10 shots will anemically limp past the goalie with most just dropping back into the hole. (at this rate it could probably qualify for the US team)

As can be seen in this video.

I could use some idea on what to try next. The game is not set at a steep angle. The parts are all clean. Even the coil sleeve wasn't dirty. I've used super-lube on the metal parts that move against metal parts and the all the motion seems smooth with no interference.

What else am I missing?

#4813 5 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I recently acquired a dog soccer that lives up to the name in more ways than one. It's going to take a ton of training to get this french poodle re-import housebroken. The bark that's annoying me this week is the assist kick-out. Even before I began patching the excessive wear and cleaning it up, it was inconsistent at best. Probably 1 out of 10 shots will anemically limp past the goalie with most just dropping back into the hole. (at this rate it could probably qualify for the US team)
I could use some idea on what to try next. The game is not set at a steep angle. The parts are all clean. Even the coil sleeve wasn't dirty. I've used super-lube on the metal parts that move against metal parts and the all the motion seems smooth with no interference.

What else am I missing?

Replace the spring. If it's too soft then it won't translate the force to the ball.

#4814 5 years ago

Getting my WCS94 ready to leave the club... It's been fun!

20180328_214324 (resized).jpg20180328_214324 (resized).jpg
#4815 5 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

What else am I missing?

Make sure the end of the kicker arm isn't flattened or broken off?

#4816 5 years ago

Hey y’all,

Any tips on getting flashers going? I have all the field lights working but no flashers will go. All fuses are good to go and the connector looks good. Bad wire ya reckon?

Edit: I’m a moron and the door wasn’t shut. Will post photos tomorrow when I have her rebuilt

#4817 5 years ago

Anyone have any good recommendations on how to drill out rivets on the ramps, ticket takes, and right slight shot plastic? I was gonna get everything replaced or powder coated.

#4818 5 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Anyone have any good recommendations on how to drill out rivets on the ramps, ticket takes, and right slight shot plastic? I was gonna get everything replaced or powder coated.

Ideally a drill press to the underside of the rivet. Use a light touch until the rivet pops loose.

#4819 5 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

What else am I missing?

Following. Did you get this resolved yet?

#4820 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Following. Did you get this resolved yet?

The game is in my office at school and so I feel it's necessary to work on it after hours. Have not had a chance to lift the playfield this past week.

The kicker arm looks fine, but I have not done anything with the spring. I will update when I know more.

#4821 5 years ago

More boring assist hole drama!

This is the first game I've had with this kind of kick out (assist hole) and as I've mentioned, mine is pathetic. I read about the rubber band trick and tried it to see if a weak spring was causing my issue, but it's not that simple.

I finally got a chance to look at and take a video of how the ball launches out of the assist hole. In slow motion, I can watch it rocket up and right into the mounting bracket (#01-8877) directly above it. Momentum blunted, it then dribbles toward the goal seldom making it.

Is this how everyone else's works or do I have angle or bracket issues? I had thought it was designed to kick it more forward and less upward, but I've never closely inspected a working one.

#4822 5 years ago

I finally joined the World Cup Soccer club after many years of wanting one! It's such a great game. I've got a few questions for the seasoned owners:

Firstly, my goalie pad is snapped but the decal appears to be holding quite well. I can't seem to find replacement parts. Are there any? If not, any suggestions for materials to use to make a new backing pad? I'll aim to re-use the decal and scan it while I've got it off the game.

Secondly, I'm finding the game to be quite easy, so I've set it to Extra Hard. Are there any settings besides what will be installed with Extra Hard that I should look at to add some more challenge?

Finally, I notice two switches at the ball lock to hold two balls but it only ever holds one. Are there any modes or settings that lock two balls up there?

#4823 5 years ago

Assist saucer issues,

Mine was pretty much the same, pitch is @ 6.5 degrees & ball shoot was very weak.
The mech had been rebuilt with new coil sleeve etc, in the end I noticed the eject cam could have done with more adjustment pushing the ball harder out of the saucer.
Two vital parts that need to be new are the eject cam 7471-R & mounting bracket ass pivot 18146 & check your saucer eject shield that it hasn't broken off any of the two plastics lugs that position the ball.
I bent the coil stop bracket up wards bit by bit & checking by hand the plunger was still compressing & re bounding perfectly & make sure the plunger bottoms out on the coil stop & if you go to far the plunger won't bottom out, if you go that little bit to far up you'll notice the ball eject spring plate will touch or be very close to the saucer plastic, keep in mind the the whole mech still needs to work perfectly & cam shouldn't drag in the eject slot.
This is a drastic hack but I'm happy with the result, it still makes the shot tough because it doesn't shoot out really fast just enough to make it & you still need to time the shot.
Hope this helps

IMG_0315 (resized).JPGIMG_0315 (resized).JPGIMG_0316 (resized).JPGIMG_0316 (resized).JPGIMG_0317 (resized).JPGIMG_0317 (resized).JPG
#4824 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I finally joined the World Cup Soccer club after many years of wanting one! It's such a great game. I've got a few questions for the seasoned owners:
Firstly, my goalie pad is snapped but the decal appears to be holding quite well. I can't seem to find replacement parts. Are there any? If not, any suggestions for materials to use to make a new backing pad? I'll aim to re-use the decal and scan it while I've got it off the game.
Secondly, I'm finding the game to be quite easy, so I've set it to Extra Hard. Are there any settings besides what will be installed with Extra Hard that I should look at to add some more challenge?
Finally, I notice two switches at the ball lock to hold two balls but it only ever holds one. Are there any modes or settings that lock two balls up there?

The rubber pad for the goalie is hard to find but you can just use a lexan piece as it's replacement. Marco has them.

Open the right outlane and have the left ball kickout off in the settings.

The game will only hold one ball. That is standard.

#4825 5 years ago

If you're set for easy multiball start, where you can start multiball from the ramp, you can have a second ball in the lock lane.

#4826 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

If you're set for easy multiball start, where you can start multiball from the ramp, you can have a second ball in the lock lane.

Good to know! I might turn this on when my kids play because they struggle to start Multiball.

#4827 5 years ago

Yeah, WCS is my wife’s favorite game and she insists on an easy rule set, so it’ll probably work great for your kids.

#4828 5 years ago

Quick troubleshooting questions.

My kick out on the top is firing but doesn’t retract. Anyone have experience with this?

#4829 5 years ago

My WCS has just started displaying everything twice like this
I assume it might be a quick fix?

188B14A8-EA21-42ED-8943-9C3890642691 (resized).jpeg188B14A8-EA21-42ED-8943-9C3890642691 (resized).jpeg
#4830 5 years ago

That looks like a ColorDMD issue, not necessarily a game issue. Try a real DMD in there, and see if the issue goes away.

#4831 5 years ago

This seems like it should be easy... I am changing out all the rings with some Titans. Took some very worn ones off and did some general cleaning. Now putting them back on. Where exactly does the large 3" ring go?

#4832 5 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

This seems like it should be easy... I am changing out all the rings with some Titans. Took some very worn ones off and did some general cleaning. Now putting them back on. Where exactly does the large 3" ring go?

Probably undernead the left ramp on the right. Supposed to be a double ring there.

#4833 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That looks like a ColorDMD issue, not necessarily a game issue. Try a real DMD in there, and see if the issue goes away.

I don’t get a picture at all with a regular DMD.....

#4834 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably undernead the left ramp on the right. Supposed to be a double ring there.

I got the double here. Any other ideas? There's only one 3" ring in the list from a few pages back and only one 3" one from what came off earlier.

Double Ring WCS (resized).jpegDouble Ring WCS (resized).jpeg
#4835 5 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

I got the double here. Any other ideas? There's only one 3" ring in the list from a few pages back and only one 3" one from what came off earlier.[quoted image]

Left side of the lane that leads to the left side of the goal. The lane with the lightning bolt on it. I can see it’s missing in your picture.

#4836 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My WCS has just started displaying everything twice like this
I assume it might be a quick fix?
[quoted image]

That's a weird one.

Try running a display test from the game menus all the way to the end. It will report any errors trying to read/write from the MPU to the video RAM on the DMD controller board. If you're getting errors it's usually a poor ribbon cable connection or damaged video RAM. Reseat the two wide ribbon cables that run from the MPU to the WPC DMD controller board.

#4837 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Left side of the lane that leads to the left side of the goal. The lane with the lightning bolt on it. I can see it’s missing in your picture.

Got it. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

#4838 5 years ago

I've been dialling in my WCS and it's playing really well now. A couple more questions for the seasoned owners here.

Is it possible to adjust the angle of the Free Kick saucer kickouts? I've levelled my game but they still kick out undesirably (LH one goes close to the centre drain, and the RH one bounces off the sling).

Should there be a gate, or perhaps game code, to prevent losing balls out the Corner Kick lane exit? There is a switch at the top half of the kickback lane so the game knows when a ball has entered from the Corner Kick lane exit as opposed to via the regular outlane gap. Sucks to lose a ball that way!

Is there anywhere to buy replacement goalie pads? My pad is shattered. I could make repro myself, just need to find a suitable material to get laser cut and apply a polycarbonate decal.

#4839 5 years ago

Had to have it. I'm a soccer hooligan

20181105_202108 (resized).jpg20181105_202108 (resized).jpg
#4840 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Should there be a gate, or perhaps game code, to prevent losing balls out the Corner Kick lane exit?

I don't remember which setting it is but there is a way to have the corner kick lane kick the ball back into play when it goes out through that area.

#4841 5 years ago

I believe the adjustment to the side kickouts is described in the manual. Grasp the top of the kickout arm from the top and pull up. Hold in that position and bend the arm a tiny bit in the opposite direction that you want the ball to go.

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I don't remember which setting it is but there is a way to have the corner kick lane kick the ball back into play when it goes out through that area.

Quoted from jecase:

I believe the adjustment to the side kickouts is described in the manual. Grasp the top of the kickout arm from the top and pull up. Hold in that position and bend the arm a tiny bit in the opposite direction that you want the ball to go.

Thanks for the tips!

#4843 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Should there be a gate, or perhaps game code, to prevent losing balls out the Corner Kick lane exit? There is a switch at the top half of the kickback lane so the game knows when a ball has entered from the Corner Kick lane exit as opposed to via the regular outlane gap. Sucks to lose a ball that way!

Is there anywhere to buy replacement goalie pads? My pad is shattered. I could make repro myself, just need to find a suitable material to get laser cut and apply a polycarbonate decal.

There is no gate there, but mine kicks the ball back into play (even when corner kick isn't lit) if it exits that way. I imagine it's an adjustment, maybe under difficulty settings? I'll have to look at my manual when I get home.

I bought a replacement goalie cutout and decal from marco a few months back; it's not a "pad" like the regular one, but more of a vinyl/PET material. Haven't noticed a difference in gameplay or durability yet...

#4844 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

There is no gate there, but mine kicks the ball back into play (even when corner kick isn't lit) if it exits that way. I imagine it's an adjustment, maybe under difficulty settings? I'll have to look at my manual when I get home.

Indeed I found it last night under the name "Header Save" which is why I hadn't spotted it prior because the LH bumper has the name "header" on it so I mistakenly assumed it was referring to that.

While I was at it I also enabled the ramps to start multi-ball feature. I won't shoot for them but it makes it easier for my wife and kids to have fun with the game.

Quoted from Grandnational007:

I bought a replacement goalie cutout and decal from marco a few months back; it's not a "pad" like the regular one, but more of a vinyl/PET material. Haven't noticed a difference in gameplay or durability yet...

Good to know, I will probably pick that up next time I'm ordering parts. Marco's shipping costs to New Zealand are mental — $48 just for the flat goalie pad!

#4845 5 years ago
Quoted from jecase:

Where in the manual, I don't see it.

#4846 5 years ago

I sold my game awhile back so I am not sure. But I have seen the adjustment described somewhere and it works. Just bend a little bit.

#4847 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Indeed I found it last night under the name "Header Save" which is why I hadn't spotted it prior because the LH bumper has the name "header" on it so I mistakenly assumed it was referring to that.
While I was at it I also enabled the ramps to start multi-ball feature. I won't shoot for them but it makes it easier for my wife and kids to have fun with the game.

Good to know, I will probably pick that up next time I'm ordering parts. Marco's shipping costs to New Zealand are mental — $48 just for the flat goalie pad!

I had the same issue with the broken goalie pad. I just cut one out of a cheap 1/8" white plastic cutting board. Traced out the old pad, cut it rough with tin snips and then sanded it down till it was the same shape, drilled the mounting holes and stuck on a new decal. It actually came out really nice and plays perfectly. I think the cutting board cost me about 3 bucks at the family dollar.

#4848 5 years ago
Quoted from flipper_fever76:

I had the same issue with the broken goalie pad. I just cut one out of a cheap 1/8" white plastic cutting board. Traced out the old pad, cut it rough with tin snips and then sanded it down till it was the same shape, drilled the mounting holes and stuck on a new decal. It actually came out really nice and plays perfectly. I think the cutting board cost me about 3 bucks at the family dollar.

That's an excellent idea. Cutting board is very similar material to the stock goalie pad.

I've already ordered a test from a print supplier with the goalie printed direct to PVC then CNC cut, so I'll see how that goes. If it doesn't last I'll give your cutting mat suggestion a try.

#4849 5 years ago

My goalie basically only covers the center to the right side of the net. For guys that have done troubleshooting with the goalie movement, can you suggest anything to make mine move all the way to the left as it should?
I've taken it apart and cleaned the whole mechanism and everything moves very freely. I applied a small amount of Wurth silicone spray to areas where metal rubs on metal.

Thanks in advance

#4850 5 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

My goalie basically only covers the center to the right side of the net. For guys that have done troubleshooting with the goalie movement, can you suggest anything to make mine move all the way to the left as it should?
I've taken it apart and cleaned the whole mechanism and everything moves very freely. I applied a small amount of Wurth silicone spray to areas where metal rubs on metal.
Thanks in advance

Check the wiring for the goalie switch target. It may be wrapped around something and not allowing the goalie it's full range of movement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,159.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 159.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/97?hl=jefski2003 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.