(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 170.
#4701 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Kinda looks like a Data East game now...

Needs black legs, siderails and lockdown bar!

#4702 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Thanks. That guy wants 110 shipped for that one and a few randoms. I can get the whole kit for under 200. Seems like that is the best way to go.

I know buying a whole set of plastics is a lot of money but if you want to prevent it from happening again, I would suggest to sell a little more of your blood and get some plastic protectors. You can buy them here.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/WCS_Page.html

They fit great and protect your valuable plastics from damage.

#4703 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Stencils are cut! I'll get them out maybe tomorrow to everyone. Didn't realize so many folks would want these!

[quoted image]

Hey, so while I sold my share of PinballBulbs earlier this year I kept the laser and do a lot of laser work. I set up my site for the TrueColor Plastic protectors here - https://truecolorprotectors.com

Anyways, I have some of this stencil material left over from a customer. It is a bit thinner than the last ones that were cut, but probably a lot better for spray painting on your speaker panels anyways. I can send these out for $5 to cover shipping cost if people think thats a fair price? Go ahead and PM your address and send $5 paypal to [email protected] if you would like one.

Also, if anyone wants to send over scans that I can make some protectors for this game. That would be awesome!

#4704 5 years ago

Well...I ordered one of those straight flat WCS94 plastics toppers from Marco and they curled it up and put it in a small box

Now it's bent in a curve and won't straighten out.
If I try to straighten it, it gets twisty and just springs back to a curved shape

I guess I'll be contacting Marco...

#4705 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I have an extra Striker available if anyone is interested. It’s modified and ready to install. I purchased two but am only using one. I’ll split the cost of what I paid. PM me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where on earth did you get that Striker character???

#4706 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Positive:

After a few months of cleaning, bulb replacement, painting, etc. mine is good to go! Plays great and couldn’t be happier with this additional to the collection. I recommend the powder coat on the wireform and skill shot mech.
I could use some new plastics, but don’t see the need yet for $200.
[quoted image]

I see you powder coated your rails and coin toss in yellow... Very cool. I did the same to mine about 10 months ago. I love it. However, the ball moves so fast now that it sometimes goes flying off the rail. (the power coat is very slick)

#4707 5 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Where on earth did you get that Striker character???

You can find a few from eBay. There are few different kinds that were made as collectibles during the 94 World Cup. I have two on my machine. Here is what the other one looks like.

C57487D7-9446-410A-AD36-C9AE7745CF02 (resized).jpegC57487D7-9446-410A-AD36-C9AE7745CF02 (resized).jpeg
#4708 5 years ago

Here you go:

ebay.com link: Set Of 2 1994 94 FIFA World Cup USA Soccer Mascot Dog Striker PVC figures 3 5

They look great, like they were made for the pin, but $106 for the pair?

#4709 5 years ago

Here’s a few pics of my tricked out WCS94. Some highlights: colordmd set to tile; auto amplifier driving flipper fidelity sound system with subwoofer; mirror blades; soccer ball shooter; magnetic soccer balls on apron; new striker collectible and soccer ball post (courtesy of Scoot); colorful LEDs ; 3D glass break soccer ball on backglass.

8947025C-CB3D-46E4-984B-EF4EC7EFB6C1 (resized).jpeg8947025C-CB3D-46E4-984B-EF4EC7EFB6C1 (resized).jpeg80D91941-315D-4B8E-9CFE-A4AE92EE0FCF (resized).jpeg80D91941-315D-4B8E-9CFE-A4AE92EE0FCF (resized).jpegA168191A-9512-4262-9BE6-9F60832B15F7 (resized).jpegA168191A-9512-4262-9BE6-9F60832B15F7 (resized).jpeg7B55D589-45BB-447A-B395-B34C43B13C37 (resized).jpeg7B55D589-45BB-447A-B395-B34C43B13C37 (resized).jpegA3245C24-43A4-493D-B3E0-1A225F068094 (resized).jpegA3245C24-43A4-493D-B3E0-1A225F068094 (resized).jpegA247CF21-01F5-4055-A49D-849C5CCBF2B7 (resized).jpegA247CF21-01F5-4055-A49D-849C5CCBF2B7 (resized).jpegEE76549D-C355-4B71-95B4-9D4E9B73C4EF (resized).jpegEE76549D-C355-4B71-95B4-9D4E9B73C4EF (resized).jpegD1C72365-33F3-4BE0-9742-0AD0897F61E0 (resized).jpegD1C72365-33F3-4BE0-9742-0AD0897F61E0 (resized).jpeg
#4710 5 years ago

Here’s a few pics of my tricked out WCS94. Some highlights: colordmd set to tile; auto amplifier driving flipper fidelity sound system with subwoofer; mirror blades; soccer ball shooter; magnetic soccer balls on apron; new striker collectible and soccer ball post (courtesy of Scoot); colorful LEDs ; 3D glass break soccer ball on backglass.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I’m looking to add color DMD to mine and am leaning toward the LCD. How do you like yours?

#4711 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Looks great! I’m looking to add color DMD to mine and am leaning toward the LCD. How do you like yours?

Definitely get the LCD. Gives you more options. Lots of guys like the high resolution that makes it look like a cartoon. I prefer the tile, because it gives just a little blockiness that takes me back to the 90’s.

#4712 5 years ago

Has anyone ordered replacements of these? Where to get and part numbers? Black post and clear plastic disc

24051F9E-B88E-40F4-A5F7-E2BD74EEB25C (resized).jpeg24051F9E-B88E-40F4-A5F7-E2BD74EEB25C (resized).jpeg
#4713 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Here you go:
ebay.com link » Set Of 2 1994 94 Fifa World Cup Usa Soccer Mascot Dog Striker Pvc Figures 3 5
They look great, like they were made for the pin, but $106 for the pair?

That's too much. Keep looking. I got them for almost half that.

#4714 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Hoping someone here can help.
I completely rebuilt my WCS, playfield swap, new coils and sleeves throughout, and the game plays fast and snappy. But ....
All three kick out holes have no oomph. The penalty kick shot does not score, and the ball dribbles out of the other two holes. I've checked the mechs and there is no binding, and I've lubed metal on metal contact with WD40 teflon spray.
I do have hole protectors, but I've checked and the lip is nice and smooth.
Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Bump to the top, any help would be appreciated.

#4715 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Bump to the top, any help would be appreciated.

Start a tech thread for this issue. Probably have better visibility

#4716 5 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Well...I ordered one of those straight flat WCS94 plastics toppers from Marco and they curled it up and put it in a small box
Now it's bent in a curve and won't straighten out.
If I try to straighten it, it gets twisty and just springs back to a curved shape
I guess I'll be contacting Marco...

So I spent an hour trying to get them on the phone
So I filled out a contact form and they claim the topper is supposed to be bent
The thing is it's not an even curve, it's bent steeper on one end than the other
And the picture on this thread shows it straight on the top of the pin
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/22#post-1715347

"The plastic by nature is curved to fit on top of the pinball machine and it was designed this way by Bally. This Part is NOS so it was definitely made to curve naturally. Can you do us a favor and go ahead and install it on your game and send us a picture once its installed."

I call BS!

Not to mention you can't install it as there are no brackets available for it.
And mine is "J" shaped not merely curved. It doesn't even make a curve quite right when I try to make an even curve.

Interestingly, my WCS94 does not have holes on top for mounting a topper

BobC

#4717 5 years ago

Has anyone ordered replacements of these? Where to get and part numbers? Black post and clear plastic disc
[quoted image]

Scan that plastic in and ill cut it for you

#4718 5 years ago

That’s odd. I have never seen the official topper for wcs in person but I have seen pictures of them and they all appear to go straight across. I would try heating it up with a hair dryer and sandwich in between two 2x4s.

#4719 5 years ago

So here is something I noticed tonight that I don't think I noticed before. Is it normal for the machine to go through a search mode where after a bit of not launching the ball? I don't think I ever noticed it before. When you boot up the game it doesn't show any errors. It plays fine too. Maybe I never too my time to launch the ball before and that's why I didn't notice it but a buddy was talking for a minute before launching his ball it started doing it.

#4720 5 years ago

I will go test mine but I don’t ever recall it going into search mode when the ball is waiting to be plunged.

No it does not. I would bet you the switch is not registering closed as the ball sits there. Go into switch test mode to see if the switch is working.

#4721 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I will go test mine but I don’t ever recall it going into search mode when the ball is waiting to be plunged.
No it does not. I would bet you the switch is not registering closed as the ball sits there. Go into switch test mode to see if the switch is working.

This. Mine does not go into search mode either.

#4722 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Thanks, I'll check that.

#4723 5 years ago

hey all,
just finished re building my WCS, trying to work out any fixes on the ball hang ups in the ball gate area, LH side, ball goes up the left loop fast & some how get stuck a bit going through through the 1st gate & ball speed is way down & docent make id across to open RH gate & just flows down the inlane into pops?
any advice would be great
TIA

#4724 5 years ago

It is my understanding that the 2nd gate you are referring too, to the right of the pops, will only open when the Travel light is lit and you hit the left orbit. Any other times the gate is closed and SHOULD put the ball in the pops. Are you saying it doesn't go through even when Travel is lit?

#4725 5 years ago
Quoted from flipper_fever76:

It is my understanding that the 2nd gate you are referring too, to the right of the pops, will only open when the Travel light is lit and you hit the left orbit. Any other times the gate is closed and SHOULD put the ball in the pops. Are you saying it doesn't go through even when Travel is lit?

yes, Right gate is open but ball looses momentum just at the left gate area of the orbit, cant work out how ball gets hung up in the area, very hard to see with two layers of ramps.

#4726 5 years ago

You sure it's not getting hung up on the left gate flap? Pull the glass, go into solenoid test mode and try to see if the flap is moving correctly. Maybe try rolling some balls through the gate in test mode to see if you can hear anything hitting. maybe the spring came off and the flap isn't actually coming up? I'm not in front of my machine so it's difficult to recommend much more than that at the moment.

#4727 5 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

So I spent an hour trying to get them on the phone
So I filled out a contact form and they claim the topper is supposed to be bent
The thing is it's not an even curve, it's bent steeper on one end than the other
And the picture on this thread shows it straight on the top of the pin
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/22#post-1715347
"The plastic by nature is curved to fit on top of the pinball machine and it was designed this way by Bally. This Part is NOS so it was definitely made to curve naturally. Can you do us a favor and go ahead and install it on your game and send us a picture once its installed."
I call BS!
Not to mention you can't install it as there are no brackets available for it.
And mine is "J" shaped not merely curved. It doesn't even make a curve quite right when I try to make an even curve.
Interestingly, my WCS94 does not have holes on top for mounting a topper
BobC

Lol BS. I picked mine up and it’s flat.

No holes on the top of my game either BTW.

#4728 5 years ago
Quoted from flipper_fever76:

You sure it's not getting hung up on the left gate flap? Pull the glass, go into solenoid test mode and try to see if the flap is moving correctly. Maybe try rolling some balls through the gate in test mode to see if you can hear anything hitting. maybe the spring came off and the flap isn't actually coming up? I'm not in front of my machine so it's difficult to recommend much more than that at the moment.

The left gate is a std type with no spring/solenoid & its very hard to see how it gets stuck in that area, gate flap is working fine.
Some pics from the tear down, flap mount has no real adjustment.

SAM_1759 (resized).JPGSAM_1759 (resized).JPGSAM_1763 (resized).JPGSAM_1763 (resized).JPG
#4729 5 years ago

OK ok, with further investigation on my tear down pics looks like I've messed this up a bit
somehow the gate is mounted on the wrong side of the ball rail, not a five minute job either
IMG_3372 (resized).JPGIMG_3372 (resized).JPG

#4730 5 years ago

Didn't take long to sort out pretty lucky & all good now

#4731 5 years ago

Ah....you are correct about that gate. Sorry for the misleading info. Glad you sorted it out, reminded me of this classic.

FrankNBeans (resized).jpgFrankNBeans (resized).jpg
#4732 5 years ago

Christmas break is officially underway, and the WCS is about to be played!

33D6D099-FF4C-4DB5-B8F3-05EE46245977 (resized).jpeg33D6D099-FF4C-4DB5-B8F3-05EE46245977 (resized).jpeg
#4733 5 years ago

**Topper disclaimer** This post contains a topper. If you have a history of vomiting, seizures, dizziness, headaches or gagging while gazing upon them, look away and consult your doctor.

We (jr and I) made a custom topper for our WCS '94 and I thought I'd share. Nothing earth shattering, and it may have been done before but here it is. It is one of his favorite games, and I am thrilled it gives us something to do together. I probably should have cut straight to the chase, but it is shown after a short intro and is at the :15 mark.

#4734 5 years ago

First off, the "disclaimer"
was a riot.
Secondly, topper looks pretty cool with the flags.
The trophy really does it!
Nice.

Gotta ask, where did you get the trophy anyway?

#4735 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

First off, the "disclaimer"
was a riot.
Secondly, topper looks pretty cool with the flags.
The trophy really does it!
Nice.
Gotta ask, where did you get the trophy anyway?

Lol. Thanks. I used to be one who disdained them so I get it. All it took was one on a machine I bought used and now I'm a junkie.

The trophies are widely available, even on Amazon, which is where I got this one. This is the 10 inch. The full size replicas are too big imo. I bought it and it was too much. It looked like something a pimp would have in his shanty. Now I have a really large paper weight on my desk.

#4736 5 years ago

Topper looks fantastic! Did the plastic flag strip come with the game? Or is it one you bought from Marco and added? I want to buy one from Marco, but others who do got ones that were warped/bent.

#4737 5 years ago

I purchased the flag banner from PPS for $20 and it is super nice with zero warping. I just fabbed some brackets for it and it worked out great. I was shocked they had them at any price given the quality.

#4738 5 years ago

Thinking about getting a World Cup Soccer 94 but may need head decals and the plastic cover that goes around the head speakers. Does anyone have these things or know where to purchase? Thanks!

#4739 5 years ago

What’s the most recent software version for WCS? I have version LA-2 with L-1 sound.

#4740 5 years ago

Hi! I was wondering if someone can send me the playfield rubber chart. I just acquired a WCS by trade and it didn’t come with a manual. Thanks!

#4741 5 years ago
Quoted from Guari777:

Hi! I was wondering if someone can send me the playfield rubber chart. I just acquired a WCS by trade and it didn’t come with a manual. Thanks!

Unfortunately I do not believe the manual has a rubber ring chart. A lot of the kits will have a diagram included. Below is a list of what is needed if that helps.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#4742 5 years ago

I am still looking for a nice original translite, if anyone has one that they would part with, please let me know, Thanks!!

#4743 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Unfortunately I do not believe the manual has a rubber ring chart. A lot of the kits will have a diagram included. Below is a list of what is needed if that helps. [quoted image]

Thanks! That will help me! I’m going to buy the silicone rubbers for my WCS.

#4744 5 years ago

Maybe this belongs in a tech thread, but
hoping for a little help here with my flipper.

Left flipper is definitely too weak. Usually cannot make the right ramp and sometimes is very weak. Somewhat erratic behavior.
I’ve shopped both flipper mechs.
I’ve swapped the Fliptronic II board with a known good board.
I’ve swapped the left/right fliptronic opto boards.
Switch tests are fine.
Flipper tests seem ok, but honestly the left hold coil seems weaker than the left, but not sure this matters.

Maybe it’s just a bad coil?

Any help appreciated!

#4745 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Left flipper is definitely too weak. Usually cannot make the right ramp and sometimes is very weak. Somewhat erratic behavior.
Switch tests are fine.
Flipper tests seem ok, but honestly the left hold coil seems weaker than the left, but not sure this matters.
Any help appreciated!

Replaced the end of stroke switch? Sometimes when they are dirty / bad you will lose power. Happened on my lah after southern fried last year. Had to replace one of them. Replaced it and I got my power back

#4746 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Switch tests are fine.
Any help appreciated!

Sounds like you know enough to have checked some of the obvious stuff, but since you didn't mention these, I'll throw them out there.

Coils generally work or don't. Are they the correct ones?

Is the flipper bushing set properly? Is it rubbing?

Keep in mind, the right ramp shot is far enough out on the flipper that the ball doesn't scream up the ramp. It can seem a little weak at times, but the geometry of the shot may be what you are noticing, unless you have played it before, and have seen a noticeable decrease in its performance.

Just some ideas. Good luck.

#4747 5 years ago

A bunch of my daughters friends stopped by on their bikes last evening....she said one of her friends couldn’t stop playing WCS94! It’s always the biggest hit with the teens.

#4748 5 years ago

A bunch of my daughters friends stopped by on their bikes last evening....she said one of her friends couldn’t stop playing WCS94! It’s always the biggest hit with the teens.

All my guests love it. It's LOUD (GGGGOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!), it's bright, it's straight forward, satisfying ramps, and really fun.

#4749 5 years ago

So this just broke today (Not a picture of my game just to show the part that broke).

Is the replacement a-14691 or a-14690? While I am in there doing the work I was thinking about replacing the other stand up targets as the "cushions" are basically gone.

How tough are they to replace? My only soldering experience is on this game when the soccer ball motor broke and I was able to do that outside of the game.

Dave

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#4750 5 years ago

Not hard, you will probably need to solder inside the game this time... but it’s not too bad, 2 screws, 2 solders and you’re in business.

You don’t need to replace the other targets BTW, just get a roll of backing foam and peel and stick, no problem. You might need to scrape some of the old foam off but that’s pretty simple.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/95?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.