(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,472 posts
  • 739 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by AlexRogan84
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
PXL_20240206_021502397~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021438171 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021337603~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
20240126_183106~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231544_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231433_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).png

There are 8,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 170.
#4051 6 years ago

Hello to all!

I was finally able to get my hands on my first WCS, everything is fine with the exception of a series of loud pops throughout the speakers when powering on the machine. I usually will hear (from other machines) only one pop when the switch is turned on, but this one will make the first pop by flipping the power switch and then 3 subsequent loud pops (throughout the speakers). Any idea of what causing this?

TIA!

~ja

#4052 6 years ago

that's a new one.

#4053 6 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Hello to all!
I was finally able to get my hands on my first WCS, everything is fine with the exception of a series of loud pops throughout the speakers when powering on the machine. I usually will hear (from other machines) only one pop when the switch is turned on, but this one will make the first pop by flipping the power switch and then 3 subsequent loud pops (throughout the speakers). Any idea of what causing this?
TIA!
~ja

Since it's an audible issue through the speakers, then it makes sense that it is either caused by the audio board, or the power to the audio board.
One thing you might try is to disconnect the audio board, and then monitor the voltage coming in through the harness when you turn it on. See if you see the voltage spike in pulses, like what you are hearing.
You might also try connecting the harness to the audio board while the machine is on. If you get the audible noises after connecting, but while the machine was already up and running, then it may indicate the audio board as the problem.
I am just guessing, and thinking of things that I would try, if it was happening to me.

#4054 6 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Hello to all!
I was finally able to get my hands on my first WCS, everything is fine with the exception of a series of loud pops throughout the speakers when powering on the machine.
~ja

This is because of the design of the WCS audio board.

There have at times been relay boards that you could install to fix the issue; it disconnects the speakers during turn on and quickly during turn-off. I don't know of a current supplier; I've been thinking of spinning some boards myself as my WCS does this badly.

#4055 6 years ago

Does anyone know how to fix th F6 error?

Which according to the layout isn’t used?

9EDFF0F6-6880-4ED0-8F3B-5DA3007BB073 (resized).jpeg9EDFF0F6-6880-4ED0-8F3B-5DA3007BB073 (resized).jpeg

#4056 6 years ago

The switch still exists, it’s just not doing anything. Reseat your connectors on the flipper optos and the flipper board in the backbox, and make sure the flipper opto is clean and the interruptor is working correctly. If none of that helps swap the left and right flipper boards and see if the problem moves... if so, probably just need to replace the opto or maybe the whole opto board, which isn’t a big deal as it’s pretty cheap.

#4057 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The switch still exists, it’s just not doing anything. Reseat your connectors on the flipper optos and the flipper board in the backbox, and make sure the flipper opto is clean and the interruptor is working correctly. If none of that helps swap the left and right flipper boards and see if the problem moves... if so, probably just need to replace the opto or maybe the whole opto board, which isn’t a big deal as it’s pretty cheap.

Thank you, I will try and tackle this weekend.

#4058 6 years ago

Got my cheap ass version of Pinstadium installed this evening. What an amazing difference. You can make 2 sets for about $24 plus whatever wire/connectors you use. I used 5v LED strips and tapped into connector 117, pins 3 and 4.

20180328_214328 (resized).jpg20180328_214328 (resized).jpg

#4059 6 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Got my cheap ass version of Pinstadium installed this evening. What an amazing difference. You can make 2 sets for about $24 plus whatever wire/connectors you use. I used 5v LED strips and tapped into connector 117, pins 3 and 4.

Nice work.
Could you show me link from this "light" version?

#4060 6 years ago
Quoted from onlydjz:

Nice work.
Could you show me link from this "light" version?

I will make up a DIY for the next one I do and post it here...it is pretty simple, although locating the same materials I used will be slightly trickier outside the USA.

#4061 6 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It look sweet! I'm having a hard time finding the right L-channel, which one are you using?

TIA!

~ja

#4062 6 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

It look sweet! I'm having a hard time finding the right L-channel, which one are you using?
TIA!
~ja

I used two of these 3 footers this time, and painted them semi-gloss black. They also sell this in 8' at my local Lowes. You are looking for 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum. I also used 1/2" magnetic tape in 3 places on this set...it works nicely, and is black so it blends in.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Steelworks-3-ft-x-1-2-in-Aluminum-Solid-Angle/3053617

And I used these 5v lights. If you get the 12v ones, you will need to find a 12v DC source to tap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G572BEO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

#4063 6 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I used two of these 3 footers this time, and painted them semi-gloss black. They also sell this in 8' at my local Lowes. You are looking for 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum. I also used 1/2" magnetic tape in 3 places on this set...it works nicely, and is black so it blends in.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Steelworks-3-ft-x-1-2-in-Aluminum-Solid-Angle/3053617
And I used these 5v lights. If you get the 12v ones, you will need to find a 12v DC source to tap.
amazon.com link »

Ok. It is enough bright led strip?

#4064 6 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Does anyone know how to fix th F6 error?
Which according to the layout isn’t used?

U.R.Flipper is upper right flipper, or in this case, the right side flipper.
This could be your flipper button controller, which is optical, and may need cleaning, or adjusting.

The Fliptronic II board controls 4 flippers. In the case of WCS, the upper flippers are the actual flippers, and the lowers are the 2 magnets (ball capture and magna save).

I would go into you switch tests and test the flipper buttons to see if they are reading properly.

Does the right flipper work?

It's also worth noting that the flipper buttons are on the matrix, so it's possible that there is a broken connection some under the playfield on either the x or y wire for the flippers. Case in point... I had an error on the trough, which is all optical, and actually controlled by a board under the playfield near the left flipper. However, the problem was not the optos, nor the board, but a broken wire on one of the striker targets by the left ramp. I learned a lot from that one, but mostly the fact that the cause may not be the error reported, especially when it's something on the matrix. I figured it out by doing the switch tests, testing every other switch in the same column in the matrix, then the same row. It immediately revealed the problem... A single broken wire, far from the ball trough.

For the flippers, everything is in the 9th column of the matrix in the tests. For the right flipper, it should light (from top to bottom) the U1, U2 and U6 (your offending switch), for the left, it should light U3, U4 and U8.

It looks to me as though your end of throw switch on the right flipper mech (U6) is your issue.

#4065 6 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

This could be your flipper button controller, which is optical, and may need cleaning, or adjusting.
The Fliptronic II board controls 4 flippers. In the case of WCS, the upper flippers are the actual flippers, and the lowers are the 2 magnets (ball capture and magna save).
I would go into you switch tests and test the flipper buttons to see if they are reading properly.
It's also worth noting that the flipper buttons are on the matrix, so it's possible that there is a broken connection some under the playfield on either the x or y wire for the flippers. Case in point... I had an error on the trough, which is all optical, and actually controlled by a board under the playfield near the left flipper. However, the problem was not the optos, nor the board, but a broken wire on one of the striker targets by the left ramp. I learned a lot from that one, but mostly the fact that the cause may not be the error reported, especially when it's something on the matrix. I figured it out by doing the switch tests, testing every other switch in the same column in the matrix, then the same row. It immediately revealed the problem... A single broken wire, far from the ball trough.

Thanks for the detailed response. The flipper works as it should (thank god) just trying to get it to 100%.

#4066 6 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

I think you have that backwards. Solenoid/Flasher table lists the flippers as lower, with Magnasave/Loop Gate being on the same transistors listed for the Upper Right flipper.

I agree on the flipper button PCB possibly needing attention. My machine originally was throwing upper left switch errors because someone hacked the wiring to use the other opto for the flipper.

#4067 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

I think you have that backwards. Solenoid/Flasher table lists the flippers as lower, with Magnasave/Loop Gate being on the same transistors listed for the Upper Right flipper.
I agree on the flipper button PCB possibly needing attention. My machine originally was throwing upper left switch errors because someone hacked the wiring to use the other opto for the flipper.

Unless that differs from machine to machine, that is incorrect. On my WCS, the upper flippers are the actual flippers, and the lowers are the magnets.

#4068 6 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Thanks for the detailed response. The flipper works as it should (thank god) just trying to get it to 100%.

I edited my post above with better info. It still looks to me like your end of throw switch on the right flipper... But I am just guessing. User the switch tests, and watch that right most column. You should get 3 indicators for each flipper, as detailed above.

#4069 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Today I adjusted the left flipper on my NBA Fastbreak. Even lined up with the hole like the right flipper, the left one doesn't quite go up as high as the right.

check your coil stops they might be longer.

#4070 5 years ago

A member messaged me recently about details on how I lit the drain hole (and a couple other areas, so I will do a post for each)

Removing the cover over the drain hole, I just used stick on led strips (9 elements in all, or 3 segments of 3). I rad the wire around to the back, where I just taped in in place with a piece of black duct tape, and then around to the underside of the playfield, under the left flipper mech, and then to the light board on the left slingshot, for GI power. I think I still just have the wires wrapped around the pins of the molex connector, and never got around to soldering to one of the lamp sockets, but it works, so I am leaving it be. Here are some pictures. Hope this is useful to someone.

LED strip in drain holeLED strip in drain hole
To underside of playfield, and under left flipperTo underside of playfield, and under left flipper
Attach to left slingshot lightsAttach to left slingshot lights

#4071 5 years ago

Related to the post above, and a member inquiry, here is some detail on how I lit the field light stickers at the top of the playfield.

First off, if you feel under the lip above where the stickers are located, while the playfield is in place, you will feel that there is kind of an overhang. I put LED strips under this ledge, so they are behind the lip, and facing straight down at the playfield. You might have to inspect your machine to understand what I am talking about. I used 6 elements (2 segments of 3) on each side. The right side connects over to the left side, and then goes back to the middle and through the the rectangular hole up into the back box. Be sure to leave enough slack so that the back box can fold down. I went to the backbox for power, because it was the most convenient, and I could zip tie to the existing wiring. Crazy enough, I run the wiring all the way up to the back glass lighting, for GI power, adding my pair to the bundle. Though I could have tapped into the wiring along the way, I don't like cutting existing wiring, in case a future owner chooses to remove the mod. In the final photo, near the hinges of the back box light panel, you can see the black wires come in and connect for power on 2 of the lamp sockets. Here are the pictures. In the first one, you can see the LED strip, with the wires coming from the stip on the opposite side, and then also going up into the back box. This photo is looking straight up, from where the field light stickers are located. The second picture is where I attached on the back box. In between, the wire pair just follows the existing harness, where I removed the old zip ties added my wire, and added new ties. I hope this is useful to someone.

Left LED strip facing stright down above field lightsLeft LED strip facing stright down above field lights
Black wires connecting to back glass GI powerBlack wires connecting to back glass GI power

#4072 5 years ago

One more, related to the posts above, and a member inquiry, here is some detail on the spotlight I added behind the left ramp billboard.

One of 3 spotlights I added was to back side the left billboard, shining towards the area in front of the goalie. Mouting the light was easy, but I had to remove the board to do it. The wiring attaches, with a zip tie, to the existing wiring for the billboard lights, and follows that cable down to the underside of the playfield, through the same hole. From there, I went to the nearest GI light board for power, which was just a couple inches from the hole. Here are a couple pictures. The first picture was taken from the left side of the machine, to show how it was attached, and where the wires go. The spotlight mounts to the bolt that holds the existing light panel. In the second photo, you can see the pair of black wires going from the hole over to the small green GI board. Hope this is useful to someone.

Left billboard with spotlight attachedLeft billboard with spotlight attached
Spotlight connection to GI board under playfieldSpotlight connection to GI board under playfield

1 week later
#4074 5 years ago

Anyone need an original fully working DMD?
Upgraded to color and don't need the old one.

Added over 6 years ago: EDIT: SOLD

#4075 5 years ago

Hi guys,
Anyone has a scan of the goal keeper, by any chance??

Mine is destroyed...

#4076 5 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Hi guys,
Mine is destroyed...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1924-8

#4078 5 years ago

In search of the triangle/L shaped plastic that goes near the soccer ball/right ramp. Can't find it anywhere without a bunch of ones I don't need

#4079 5 years ago

During my spring cleaning, I noticed I still had a spare WCS trans. It's original, just slightly yellowed. I'd sell it for $100 shipped in the US if anyone is interested...

229015fc74980c6c97aa13c54a1827be6d17f2f1 (resized).jpg229015fc74980c6c97aa13c54a1827be6d17f2f1 (resized).jpg

#4080 5 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Since it's an audible issue through the speakers, then it makes sense that it is either caused by the audio board, or the power to the audio board.
One thing you might try is to disconnect the audio board, and then monitor the voltage coming in through the harness when you turn it on. See if you see the voltage spike in pulses, like what you are hearing.
You might also try connecting the harness to the audio board while the machine is on. If you get the audible noises after connecting, but while the machine was already up and running, then it may indicate the audio board as the problem.
I am just guessing, and thinking of things that I would try, if it was happening to me.

I still have to check what you are suggesting, but here's a video of the actual "pops" :/

#4081 5 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

I still have to check what you are suggesting, but here's a video of the actual "pops" :/
» YouTube video

Yeah... That sounds like a power issue to me, maybe because of the voltage going to the audio board.
In the end, I think it's probably harmless. If it only does it on startup, and does not effect audio beyond the startup sequence, then I would not worry too much about it.
I am still curious of the cause.

#4082 5 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Yeah... That sounds like a power issue to me, maybe because of the voltage going to the audio board.
In the end, I think it's probably harmless. If it only does it on startup, and does not effect audio beyond the startup sequence, then I would not worry too much about it.
I am still curious of the cause.

Every now and then a crackle noise like that suggests a poorly connected or damaged
speaker.

#4083 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Every now and then a crackle noise like that suggests a poorly connected or damaged
speaker.

I disagree that this is the speaker. For one, it's pretty clear form the audio clip that the sound comes from both the bottom and front speakers.
The type of sound that you are talking about is called "excursion", but this is clearly not that sound.
Sorry to disagree, but I am certain the speakers themselves are not the issue here.
I still think it's power related, or something on the sound board not properly regulating the power.
Speakers do not make sound on their own... It takes voltage through the voice coil of the speaker's driver to make sound. Clearly, this is modulated power, causing a lower frequency burst, and it sounds like it's in the 60hz range. For this reason, I believe it is power leaking through.

#4084 5 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

I disagree that this is the speaker. For one, it's pretty clear form the audio clip that the sound comes from both the bottom and front speakers.
The type of sound that you are talking about is called "excursion", but this is clearly not that sound.
Sorry to disagree, but I am certain the speakers themselves are not the issue here.
I still think it's power related, or something on the sound board not properly regulating the power.

No, no, disagree all day long.
I just made a suggestion that's all.
Something to be checked and ruled out.
Pretty obvious you have more experience anyway.
I hope he solves his problem

#4085 5 years ago

I need to order a left ramp guard for the right side of the left ramp entrance. But I'm having trouble figuring out which part # that is. The manual lists those parts, but doesn't show their location in the playfield diagram - see attached pic.

Marco has these two guards listed for the left ramp, but looks like the same pic is being used for both.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-12811
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-12811.1

Anyone know which guard would be for the right side of the left ramp?

20180420_075550 (resized).jpg20180420_075550 (resized).jpg

#4086 5 years ago

Have you reached out to Marco? They're pretty knowledgeable in my experience

Also, they're cheap enough that I'd probably just buy them both anyhow since they probably don't match the old one perfectly in color, take note of which one was which, and save the old working one in case of emergency. Shipping from Marco is kind of ridiculous so I try to buy as much as I could possibly use with each purchase.

#4087 5 years ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

Have you reached out to Marco? They're pretty knowledgeable in my experience
Also, they're cheap enough that I'd probably just buy them both anyhow since they probably don't match the old one perfectly in color, take note of which one was which, and save the old working one in case of emergency. Shipping from Marco is kind of ridiculous so I try to buy as much as I could possibly use with each purchase.

Thanks, I got off the phone with Ashley from Marco who was super helpful. She went and grabbed both parts and we able to figure it out. Looks like the part # ending in .1 is the left entrance for the left ramp. I did end up ordering them both after going to my WCS to describe the left guard (my right guard is missing) and see it has enough wear to warrant a $9 replacement.

I'll confirm the part #s in the thread when I get them in case it helps anyone else out.

#4088 5 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Hi guys,
Mine is destroyed...

UP

#4089 5 years ago

What exactly do you need? Someone already posted the goalie for sale and you said you had it. I’m confused. If the one you have is destroyed, buy a new one. Haha

#4090 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What exactly do you need? Someone already posted the goalie for sale and you said you had it. I’m confused. If the one you have is destroyed, buy a new one. Haha

In my experience, plastics, like the goalie, break at the point where the screws attach. My solution is to use thin, nylon washers. I sandwich the goalie plastic between a pair of washers, and put the bolt though the whole thing. This eliminates stress at the hole, and the plastics don't break. I have used dozens on this machine. Key plastics for washers are the goalie, header, slingshots. Eliminate metal on plastic with metal on nylon on plastic. Nylon washers are available in black or white, and they are super cheap.

IMG_20180422_085327 (resized).jpgIMG_20180422_085327 (resized).jpg

#4091 5 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

In my experience, plastics, like the goalie, break at the point where the screws attach. My solution is to use thin, nylon washers. I sandwich the goalie plastic between a pair of washers, and put the bolt though the whole thing. This eliminates stress at the hole, and the plastics don't break. I have used dozens on this machine. Key plastics for washers are the goalie, header, slingshots. Eliminate metal on plastic with metal on nylon on plastic. Nylon washers are available in black or white, and they are super cheap.

Yep. Did the same for mine but metal washers. But he asked for scans like he’s making decals. If he has the one from Marco can’t scans be made from that?

#4092 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Did the same for mine but metal washers. But he asked for scans like he’s making decals. If he has the one from Marco can’t scans be made from that?

I meant I had the li,k. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I'll try to scan my used one and work it on Photoshop...

#4093 5 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

I meant I had the li,k. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I'll try to scan my used one and work it on Photoshop...

Okay cool. Hopefully you have the goalie target. I’ve never seen these for sale.

#4094 5 years ago

Looking for bottom right ramp. Mine is broken all to hell.

#4095 5 years ago

Sale pin, anyone?

Hi.

I'm hoping to find a clean, working example of WCS94 here in Minnesota. If you have one you might part with or if you know of any collectors who might be thinking of selling, I would love to hear about any/all possibilities.

I'm in Minneapolis and would prefer to find one that I might drive to in, say, three hours or less. I would also consider buying from a distant seller and having it shipped, although that would be less ideal.

If you do reply, please PM me directly and tell me your asking price and location.

Thanks for reading my post.

#4096 5 years ago

Restoring a WCS and clearcoating the cab (my first time to clear a cab) Was so happy with the way it came out and wanted to share

49BA0088-94E1-4DF8-BC70-43B7CFDE77F7 (resized).jpeg49BA0088-94E1-4DF8-BC70-43B7CFDE77F7 (resized).jpeg

86BFD53A-314B-4987-9C4E-C931CB1D58D8 (resized).jpeg86BFD53A-314B-4987-9C4E-C931CB1D58D8 (resized).jpeg

#4097 5 years ago

Wow, that looks amazing!

#4098 5 years ago

drool.

#4099 5 years ago

wicked.

#4100 5 years ago

Very nice !!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 49.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
26,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.