(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 170.
#3951 6 years ago

If feel like WCS has gotten a lot of good press in the past year(Color DMD, twitch streams, great reviews). How much longer will it be considered a $2.5k game? I know all prices are going up but I don’t see many for that price and I think that’s a steal for how great this game is.

#3952 6 years ago

shhh .

#3953 6 years ago

It doesn't surprise me, it's a super fun game, and the color display and LEDs really bring it alive.

#3954 6 years ago

Mine will never leave for less than 3k+! Lol. I have color DMD, cliffys, new motors, new soccer ball, new goalie, newly brass plated habitrail. And my pf is fantastic! The game play is so much fun, really enjoy this machine!

Quoted from IceMaster:How much longer will it be considered a $2.5k gam

#3955 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Mine will never leave for less than 3k+! Lol. I have color DMD, cliffys, new motors, new soccer ball, new goalie, newly brass plated habitrail. And my pf is fantastic! The game play is so much fun, really enjoy this machine!

Ditto, and the $$$ for mine would even be higher.....great, great game!!!!

#3956 6 years ago

Just joined the WCS Owners club yesterday, also my first PIN I owned. Everything is working how it should, what is something I should do right away to the machine or look at.

Thanks

#3957 6 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Just joined the WCS Owners club yesterday, also my first PIN I owned. Everything is working how it should, what is something I should do right away to the machine or look at.

Thanks

Welcome!

LED's? Cliffys - if you have wear around the holes?

Other than that, I'd say nothing.
We all do things diffrently I guess, but I for one dont mess with things as long as they work

Enjoy your new game

#3958 6 years ago

I prefer to cover wear around my saucers with Mylar, but not much I’d do to the game except give it a good cleaning and put LEDs in it.

#3959 6 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Thanks

Personal preference, but LED's are a must, and as mentioned, Cliffy's, if you have a lot of wear in those places.

I have done a few additional things:

Soccer done pin topper, with LEDs (various colors)
Mirror blades
3 spot lights for dark areas
Powder coated coin toss and wire rails
Painted speaker grills with soccer ball stencil
Additional led strip lighting above field lights at top, and drain behind flippers
Soccer ball shooter rod
Soccer ball accents on ramp entrances
Lighted flipper buttons and magna save
And... No drilling, no cutting, all mods removable.

Again... Personal preference.

#3960 6 years ago

Getting a colorDMD for this game. Should I get the LCD or LED version? This is my first colorDMD to ever get. So, looking for reasons on why one is better than the other too. Thanks, guys.

#3961 6 years ago

Led all the way. Lcd is not black enough imo and looks grey and washed out. The backlight on it is distracting.

#3962 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Check the adjustment + wiring on the goalie switch...

Quoted from PinballNewb:

Try tightening the screw on the goalie. I get that every year or so and the screw just needs tightened.

Mucho gracias amigos
Thanks fellas, all good again

#3963 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Getting a colorDMD for this game. Should I get the LCD or LED version? This is my first colorDMD to ever get. So, looking for reasons on why one is better than the other too. Thanks, guys.

I get more comments on how great the LED looks in this game than any of my others.

The LED is a more stock fit, has brighter colors, and is a little cheaper. But it's all dots, all the time because it is a "real DMD". So if you're a hard core dots guy, it's for you.
C71251A2-EB0F-4418-9C69-778511DCC818-12017-000008CF4416204F (resized).jpegC71251A2-EB0F-4418-9C69-778511DCC818-12017-000008CF4416204F (resized).jpeg
Forgive the half done LED job! This is stock settings of 5 for brightness and color.

The LCD gives you the options of modes... hires smoothing, dots xl, 8 bit, etc... those can be cool and fun. It's a little less bright so some people say it's easier on the eyes, although brightness on both is asjustable. There is some overhang on the top and bottom, although it doesn't get in the way. If you think you'll like the smoothing or different modes, this is the one for you, because it will do dots and do them well, but it gives you the option.
IMG_4071 (resized).JPGIMG_4071 (resized).JPG

Here's the LCD in Creature from the Black Lagoon on DotsXL mode. Pretty sure this is 6 bright and 7 color.

You can't go too far wrong either way. Enjoy!

#3964 6 years ago

might as well go LCD. you'll always wonder about the other modes on it, if you buy an LED.

#3965 6 years ago

LCD hires:

#3966 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

might as well go LCD. you'll always wonder about the other modes on it, if you buy an LED.

Yeah that's usually my attitude on it. Having had both tho, LED for me.

#3967 6 years ago

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

After reading through the thread my initial thought is correct that my soccer ball spins counter clockwise during the game and then clockwise during the final against Germany. What is the best way to correct this?

#3968 6 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

After reading through the thread my initial thought is correct that my soccer ball spins counter clockwise during the game and then clockwise during the final against Germany. What is the best way to correct this?

Swap the leads on the ball motor.

#3969 6 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

That does seem strange to me... To my knowledge, the ball only spins clockwise during game play, at any time when the goalie is moving. The only time it spins counter-clockwise is when a ball is stuck, and the machine is trying to free the ball (all solenoids fire in sequence).

As stated by @RatShack, reversing the polarity at the motor should solver the issue, as it is a DC motor. To verify that it is correct, go into the tests, where there is an option to test the motor.

#3970 6 years ago
Quoted from wombat:

Does anyone make a teal colored cabinet leg protector? if not, what color cabinet protector should I purchase? I was thinking just black may look nice.

Im wondering the same. Any suggestions?

#3971 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Im wondering the same. Any suggestions?

I ended up with a purple/violet, that I was hoping would be a better match to the color on the side of the machine.

In the end, the leg protectors cause issues of their own. The felt ones are probably the best choice, and then you don't need to worry about the color. But if you wanted, you could get felt in a teal from Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabrics, Hancock Fabrics, or some other place that peddles crafting stuff.

#3972 6 years ago

WCS94 tutorial played by Bowen Kerins.

#3973 6 years ago

Fixed the GI on the WCS I picked up over the weekend and found all purple in the GI.

Before and after replacing the purple with white LEDs.

Also something cool with this game is the sound rom which has different music than my prior WCS. Must be another country or South American ROM because there are some FUNKY Latin beats that play at times.

20180306_180753 (resized).jpg20180306_180753 (resized).jpg

20180306_110016 (resized).jpg20180306_110016 (resized).jpg

#3974 6 years ago

i like the purple, lol.

#3975 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i like the purple, lol.

GTFO! It looks awful and dim in person and makes it hard to track the ball. Clean, bright whites is what I like in the GI.

#3976 6 years ago

That purple looks so awful

#3977 6 years ago

are they comet frosted purple? i use those when i want to do purple and they're more of a pastel, which looks good on certain games, imo. everyone has their own though.

now for WCS, yes, i'd do bright natural white everywhere. you want it to feel like a stadium, not a hot topic. are there even hot topics anymore? plus, you're washing out plastics that are mostly teal/cyan. doesn't make any sense. eh, whatever.

#3978 6 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

I ended up with a purple/violet

Post a pic!

#3979 6 years ago

miss my WCS. i keep trying to get a buddy to buy one. i'll be over there fixing, modding and playing it all the time. he won't have to do a thing.

#3980 6 years ago

I have exactly three purple leds in mine. One in the lock playfield and two under the right ramp next to the ball. Green behind the goal and the bottom lanes. The rest cold white. Double leds clear (standard stern) at pop bumpers and top lanes for extra brightness in that corner.

Only purple looks like crap imo. Cold whites is best for blue/green dominated games like this one, while warm white is better for red/orange/yellow themed games.

7E07C716-2D07-4BB3-9DF1-850AE4F91D79 (resized).jpeg7E07C716-2D07-4BB3-9DF1-850AE4F91D79 (resized).jpeg

#3981 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Fixed the GI on the WCS I picked up over the weekend and found all purple in the GI.
Before and after replacing the purple with white LEDs.
Also something cool with this game is the sound rom which has different music than my prior WCS. Must be another country or South American ROM because there are some FUNKY Latin beats that play at times.

Interested in that sound rom and any info about it.

Going to shop mine soon and have a bunch of chipped/yellowed plastics. Are there repo sets available and if so do they look good? I figure new old stock plastic kit will never happen.

#3983 6 years ago

Thank you! Has any here bought these before and can speak on the quality?

#3984 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Interested in that sound rom and any info about it.
Going to shop mine soon and have a bunch of chipped/yellowed plastics. Are there repo sets available and if so do they look good? I figure new old stock plastic kit will never happen.

I didn't start recording until I realized that I never heard the song in WCS before. Things are normal again until about 2 min when another short beat starts playing. Later on the music goes out and then comes back on a few times. I'll check which one it is.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Og8TU8qHZsu0CymG2

#3985 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I didn't start recording until I realized that I never heard the song in WCS before. Things are normal again until about 2 min when another short beat starts playing. Later on the music goes out and then comes back on a few times. I'll check which one it is.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Og8TU8qHZsu0CymG2

That bongo song at the beginning is when you start a ball with the lock lit, before you plunge it.

It sounds like your audio board isn't playing the right callouts or music all the time, might be worth reseating the ribbon cable.

#3986 6 years ago

Who has the best price for a new ball motor? Marco has them for $69 plus shipping.

#3988 6 years ago

Did my first flipper rebuild a while back. Ordered (checked manual for part #) and replaced everything but the EOS switches. Easy enough, they are strong and got the right feel now.

But.

The flippers dont have the same travel length. (got the same position at the bottom, but not at the top)

When I noticed I lifted the playfield to check everything out, but I cant find anything out of the ordinary.
Removed both plungers and even though the L & R dont look exactly the same (not sure if they are supposed to) they seem to be the same lenght atleast.
The coil stops look identical.

What else can affect flipper travel?
Or did they send me the wrong parts?

28928185_10155121405390286_1679224854_o (resized).jpg28928185_10155121405390286_1679224854_o (resized).jpg
28877297_10155121405325286_1931277058_o (resized).jpg28877297_10155121405325286_1931277058_o (resized).jpg

#3989 6 years ago

Unless you used a very accurate measuring tool, you won't be able to tell the difference between an A-12111 and A-12390 coil stops. The one on the right has a A-12111. One on the left has a A-12390.

#3990 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Unless you used a very accurate measuring tool, you won't be able to tell the difference between an A-12111 and A-12390 coil stops. The one on the right has a A-12111. One on the left has a A-12390.

The manual says A-12390 coil stop on both sides.
So you mean the plunger to the right (in the pic) is the wrong one for this game?

#3991 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

The manual says A-12390 coil stop on both sides.
So you mean the plunger to the right (in the pic) is the wrong one for this game?

Yup.
(Personally, though, I prefer the longer-throw ones. To each their own. )

#3992 6 years ago

Flippers on this game are slightly off-set and should not be perfectly even.
Check out the wire guides behind the flippers.

#3993 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yup.
(Personally, though, I prefer the longer-throw ones. To each their own. )

Well, one of each is not the way to go, that much I can tell you..

Thanks for the help!

#3994 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Huh! I never noticed that honestly. I still stink they don't match, though, even with the offset. But the only way to really tell for sure would be to just put two new ones in, and be happy with it.

#3995 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Really? Mine feel a bit more than just "slightly" off though.
Wire guides are fine, nothing touching the flippers.

#3996 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Really? Mine feel a bit more than just "slightly" off though.
Wire guides are fine, nothing touching the flippers.

The wire guides are just an indicator.
They are in the appropriate positions.
I didn't mean that something was wrong with them.
The off-set has to do with the brackets under the playfield. The ones the assemblies attach to. They are not even, therefore neither will your flippers be at an even angle.
It is by design.

#3997 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

The wire guides are just an indicator.
They are in the appropriate positions.
I didn't mean that something was wrong with them.
The off-set has to do with the brackets under the playfield. The ones the assemblies attach to. They are not even, therefore neither will your flippers be at an even angle.
It is by design.

Now I’m intrigued. Both my flippers travel to the same point.

#3998 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now I’m intrigued. Both my flippers travel to the same point.

Of course if you want them to be even, you can adjust them that way. But if you use the guides and the factory adjustment holes, which are on the playfield between the guides and the flippers, then your flippers will be a tad off-set.
I think they did that to help accommodate the different shots? Not 100%sure.

#3999 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Of course if you want them to be even, you can adjust them that way. But if you use the guides and the factory adjustment holes, which are on the playfield between the guides and the flippers, then your flippers will be a tad off-set.
I think they did that to help accommodate the different shots? Not 100%sure.

Interesting. Never heard of a game doing that. I doubt the picture posted above is right though is it? Those are way off.

#4000 6 years ago

Today I adjusted the left flipper on my NBA Fastbreak. Even lined up with the hole like the right flipper, the left one doesn't quite go up as high as the right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 35.00
8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/80?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.