(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 170.
#3801 6 years ago

Does anyone know who has these cliffy hole protectors in stock? I specifically want this type as they are thin cover the wear around the holes

http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=730

730-797-thickbox (resized).jpg730-797-thickbox (resized).jpg

#3802 6 years ago

Contact Cliffy, maybe?

#3803 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Contact Cliffy, maybe?

Thanks, have emailed them

#3804 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

The ball now feeds directly to the left flipper for a trap

You now have the easiest WCS on earth. Haha

#3805 6 years ago

yeah, i email cliff directly. you'll need to have a little patience with turnaround, but he's always came through for me.

p.s. he's going to recommend the carbon fiber saucer protectors for WCS.

#3806 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, i email cliff directly. you'll need to have a little patience with turnaround, but he's always came through for me.
p.s. he's going to recommend the carbon fiber saucer protectors for WCS.

Are the carbon fibre protectors a good or bad thing compared to the metal ones?

#3807 6 years ago

good. the metal ones can come off the playfield, bend and curl. carbon fiber will never do that.

#3808 6 years ago

Plus they're good for 20HP according to some import car tuner guys I know.

#3809 6 years ago
Quoted from hathro:

Are the carbon fibre protectors a good or bad thing compared to the metal ones?

Do not buy the metal ones! I did a full shop cleaned the area with alchol and the metal ones still came off they look like crap and dont help game play. There is a bunch of stuff that needs to come off to get them installed that is next on my list to do to add the carbon fiber ones.

#3810 6 years ago

FWIW we have the CF versions on our WCS and they look great and seem to really hold up.

#3811 6 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

Do not buy the metal ones! I did a full shop cleaned the area with alchol and the metal ones still came off they look like crap and dont help game play. There is a bunch of stuff that needs to come off to get them installed that is next on my list to do to add the carbon fiber ones.

I don’t like the look of the carbon fiber either. I just used Mylar on my game. Easy peasy and most importantly it’s clear.

#3812 6 years ago

I recently sold my WCS, but I had the carbon fiber cliffys on the game and I liked it.

DSC_0250.JPGDSC_0250.JPG

collage-1514640751514.jpgcollage-1514640751514.jpg

DSC_0246.JPGDSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0247.JPGDSC_0247.JPG

#3813 6 years ago

had them; never regretted.

#3814 6 years ago

I pulled the ball diverter out to replace some broken plastics and I'm not sure I've put it back together correctly as it doesn't work
Is this what it's supposed to look like there? The spring is partly inside the coil
It also has a bit of play on the upper playfield as well.

IMG_1912 (resized).JPGIMG_1912 (resized).JPG

#3815 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I pulled the ball diverter out to replace some broken plastics and I'm not sure I've put it back together correctly as it doesn't work
Is this what it's supposed to look like there? The spring is partly inside the coil
It also has a bit of play on the upper playfield as well.

The spring shouldn't be in the coil; are you missing a coil sleeve?

There's a little bit of play up top, but I don't know how to describe how much. I think if the ramps aren't aligned correctly they can put pressure on the diverter shaft and keep it from turning. I'd look at the coil sleeve first though.

#3816 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshinDC:

The spring shouldn't be in the coil; are you missing a coil sleeve?
There's a little bit of play up top, but I don't know how to describe how much. I think if the ramps aren't aligned correctly they can put pressure on the diverter shaft and keep it from turning. I'd look at the coil sleeve first though.

Turns out the coil was installed upside down, changed it and now the problem is fixed thanks

#3817 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Turns out the coil was installed upside down, changed it and now the problem is fixed thanks

Shouldn't have made a difference, the coil would work either way.

#3818 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Shouldn't have made a difference, the coil would work either way.

Funny but it seems to work okay. I should now ask actually when it's supposed to divert during gameplay to make sure I do have this right?

#3819 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Funny but it seems to work okay. I should now ask actually when it's supposed to divert during gameplay to make sure I do have this right?

Every time you hit that ramp it should switch.

#3820 6 years ago

Yes thanks, it's working fine. The other problem I've got is the upper eject hole does not have enough power to shoot the ball through the goal regularly. probably 1 out of 2 go in. I've changed all the fuses, capacitors. The coil is the right coil and seems to be ok.

#3821 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Yes thanks, it's working fine. The other problem I've got is the upper eject hole does not have enough power to shoot the ball through the goal regularly. probably 1 out of 2 go in. I've changed all the fuses, capacitors. The coil is the right coil and seems to be ok.

Maybe clean the mech and replace the coil sleeve?

#3822 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe clean the mech and replace the coil sleeve?

It should be able to hit it every single time. Something is not correct.

#3823 6 years ago

Agreed. Also make sure he kicker arm spring has plenty of tension. Or actually maybe need to lessen the tension.

#3824 6 years ago

More tension it seems, I spoke to someone else who has a WCS and his solution is the rubber band pictured here. It now works brilliantly with it

IMG_1923 (resized).JPGIMG_1923 (resized).JPG

#3825 6 years ago

I have had my WCS for about a year now. I just noticed the two "Lane Change" arrows pointing to the flippers. I would have thought that these indicate that pushing the flipper moves a lane light (like LOTR's). What exactly do the lane changes do? I don't see any change on the playfield except for moving the flippers. Is there a possible malfunction if I do not see anything happening? Thanks

#3826 6 years ago
Quoted from Farmboss:

I have had my WCS for about a year now. I just noticed the two "Lane Change" arrows pointing to the flippers. I would have thought that these indicate that pushing the flipper moves a lane light (like LOTR's). What exactly do the lane changes do? I don't see any change on the playfield except for moving the flippers. Is there a possible malfunction if I do not see anything happening? Thanks

Top lanes above the pops are lane changes. Just those two though.

#3827 6 years ago

Yes that is what I thought. Thanks for confirming. Mine lanes do nothing. Lane light bulbs are good but stay dark during gameplay. Could this have to do with the optical switches? I am not familiar with the purpose of the opticals connected to the flipper switches.

#3828 6 years ago

The lanes should light up when the ball travels through them up there. I doubt it has anything to do with your flipper optos if those lights don’t light up.

#3829 6 years ago
Quoted from Farmboss:

Could this have to do with the optical switches?

Yes. Your flipper opto boards have 2 optos. The upper one controls the flipper, the lower one controls lane change and will pop the ball from the upper sacer into the goal. It seems common to replace these flipper opto boards with ones that have non working lower optos. This was the case in my WCS

Edit : didnt see the part about lights not working. Check for a broken wires near those lamp.l sockets.

#3830 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Yes. Your flipper opto boards have 2 optos.

To be specific, the ones behind the flipper cabinet buttons.

#3831 6 years ago

I think I figured out what is going on with my lane change issues. No issue. The lane change lights work fine. It is just that you need to have one of the lanes trigger before they can be switched via flippers. I am surprised I never knew about this before. Thank for all the help.

#3832 6 years ago

Okay, my machine is put back together except for the part pictured below.
Does anyone know where it goes? Or even if it's supposed to be on this machine?

IMG_1932 (resized).JPGIMG_1932 (resized).JPG

#3833 6 years ago

That's a PCB standoff, looks like.

#3834 6 years ago
Quoted from Farmboss:

I think I figured out what is going on with my lane change issues. No issue. The lane change lights work fine. It is just that you need to have one of the lanes trigger before they can be switched via flippers. I am surprised I never knew about this before. Thank for all the help.

That’s what I figured

#3835 6 years ago
Quoted from Farmboss:

Basic pinball bro, basic pinball.

#3836 6 years ago

I recently picked up a WCS and of course loving it. There were a few issues that I needed to fix like the Striker hole opto which I got resolved last night. I am having some issues though with some of the insert lights and maybe some owners can let me know what's the deal. It looks like my Stamina light on the soccer ball is not working. It does not light up during attract mode. I originally thought that I just needed to replace the bulb but what's weird is that when I get Stamina (and the announcer says it) the Strength insert lights up instead....to me if it was a bad bulb, the strength insert would just not light up....not light up another insert. Also on my goal lights where it progresses how many goals you get, If I get one goal the 1 goal lights up. 2 goals and the 2 goal lights up. when I get 3 goals the 1 and 3 goal inserts are lit but the 2 goal goes out....What would be causing this?

I am planning on replacing the bulbs to LED here in the near future but I am thinking these issues are deeper than just a bad bulb.

#3837 6 years ago

step one for me would be reflowing male pin solder on the lamp boards.

#3838 6 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I recently picked up a WCS and of course loving it. There were a few issues that I needed to fix like the Striker hole opto which I got resolved last night. I am having some issues though with some of the insert lights and maybe some owners can let me know what's the deal. It looks like my Stamina light on the soccer ball is not working. It does not light up during attract mode. I originally thought that I just needed to replace the bulb but what's weird is that when I get Stamina (and the announcer says it) the Strength insert lights up instead....to me if it was a bad bulb, the strength insert would just not light up....not light up another insert. Also on my goal lights where it progresses how many goals you get, If I get one goal the 1 goal lights up. 2 goals and the 2 goal lights up. when I get 3 goals the 1 and 3 goal inserts are lit but the 2 goal goes out....What would be causing this?
I am planning on replacing the bulbs to LED here in the near future but I am thinking these issues are deeper than just a bad bulb.

First step would be going into Lamp Test and seeing if you can trigger the lights individually from there. If they display similar behavior (Stamina triggers Strength light) you likely have a mismatched connector issue, so lift the playfield and confirm that the connectors have matching wire colors.

#3839 6 years ago

I just upgraded the speakers on my WCS today, using Tony's excellent guide: http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_replacement.html

My speakers came from parts express; for the backbox speakers I chose the Pyle PLG5.2. They have a yellow cone that nicely shows through the speaker grille and is backlit by both the GI and the flashers in the backbox.

So, if you like the yellow theme for WCS, they're a cool option. I may try to build something that lights up the cones more directly.

The sound is so much better than the stockers.

#3840 6 years ago
Quoted from ericgu:

I just upgraded the speakers on my WCS today, using Tony's excellent guide: http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_replacement.html
My speakers came from parts express; for the backbox speakers I chose the Pyle PLG5.2. They have a yellow cone that nicely shows through the speaker grille and is backlit by both the GI and the flashers in the backbox.
So, if you like the yellow theme for WCS, they're a cool option. I may try to build something that lights up the cones more directly.
The sound is so much better than the stockers.

Those are great cheap speakers, I put a pair in my MMR and have a pair lined up for my CFTBL, but maybe I'll put them in WCS instead.

Did you modify the speaker panel at all?

#3841 6 years ago

Sold my WCS,and I have this NOS main ramp assembly for sale.
Price is in CAD dollars,just so you all know

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-wcs-main-ramp-assembly

#3842 6 years ago

Color DMD is a great upgrade for this machine! Color pallet was done very well! This is the LED version.

20180201_175845 (resized).jpg20180201_175845 (resized).jpg

#3843 6 years ago

has to look so good on this game. congrats.

#3844 6 years ago

What color leds are on that back panel? (The 3 above the ramp)

#3845 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

What color leds are on that back panel?

Those are frosted cyan. I also have that color in the pops and rollover lane dividers. As far as I know, Comet is the only supplier to offer this color.

#3846 6 years ago

I have frosted Cyan from Comet but they look way too green in my machine so I went with ice blue under all the plastics which brought out the teal color much better than Cyan. That picture makes the bulbs look teal though.
Here is mine (though photos never show them too well) the only place I have Cyan now is in behind the goal itself

IMG_1933 (resized).JPGIMG_1933 (resized).JPG

#3847 6 years ago

Hey does anyone sell the skill shot assembly or have advice on refurbing one? I noticed the other day mine is flaking pretty badly.

#3848 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey does anyone sell the skill shot assembly or have advice on refurbing one?

www.pinballplating.com
He does the skill shot, wireform and guards. He does parts exchange for quick turnarounds. I exchanged my wireform and the new one is absolutely gorgeous!

#3849 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have frosted Cyan from Comet but they look way too green in my machine so I went with ice blue under all the plastics which brought out the teal color much better than Cyan.

Your machine looks very nice! One thing about mine is that I have cool white LED strips above the stadium lights stickers on the back panel to make them appear to be lit. I think this makes the cyan not look so greenish.

Where dId you get your soccer ball speaker covers?

#3850 6 years ago

The speaker covers are not covers but a stencil that you spray paint over. It is mentioned earlier in this thread. You can get one pretty cheaply.
My machine is doing something weird though. Sometimes on ball 3 it will think the ball has drained and go through the bonus motion and end the game, even though I still have the ball in play. Has anyone experienced this before and if so, what was the issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/77?hl=joshindc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.