(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 170.
#3751 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Awesome that this game is that easy to solve the issue. Just saying for other games where you can find the solderless solution.

Oh! Then yes, definitely. Sorry, misunderstood there..!

#3752 6 years ago
Quoted from jecase:

I had the same problem. The rubber post sleeve on the right side at the end of the ball guide was too big in diameter. I replaced it with a smaller one. That let the ball guide end move down a little bit and now the ball hits in the middle of the left sling which is where it should hit. (I'm On my 3rd WCS game)

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure if this is my problem though but I could be misunderstanding your post. I've attached a picture and it looks like my rubber sleeve isn't even touching the ball guide.

Is this what you meant?

IMG_0042 (resized).JPGIMG_0042 (resized).JPG

#3753 6 years ago

The 2 post sleeves you show on my machine were slightly wider than standard. I replaced them with Titan sleeves and either the ramp tip straightened a tiny bit or the ball was being slightly diverted by the sleeves. After replacement, I have had no problems. It looks to me like the lower of the 2 post sleeves on your machine shows wear from the ball exiting the loop. The ball should not touch the rubber post when exiting I think.

#3754 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure if this is my problem though but I could be misunderstanding your post. I've attached a picture and it looks like my rubber sleeve isn't even touching the ball guide.
Is this what you meant?

On an unrelated issue but in the same location, my kickout at this hole is very strong to the point that it hits the plastic over it and effectively "dribbles" out of the hole. I replaced all my coils when I did a playfield swap, so everything is good and strong. Does anyone else have this issue? Any solutions?

#3755 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

My take on battery holders. New to pinball and electronics, so didnt want to solder if I could avoid it.
Probably not the first one doing this, but here is what I did;

Quoted from weaverj:

i know they're out of stock, but look for something like this:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RBM

NVRAM is also a very viable solution. Never worry about batteries again and is very similar in cost to the remote battery holders.

#3756 6 years ago

Started my tear down and clean up on my WCS. Hmmm was this ever cleaned????

20180109_125704 (resized).jpg20180109_125704 (resized).jpg

#3757 6 years ago

So, I found myself a WCS94 a few months ago with the playfield stripped down.
I just started to clean it up and I'm about to purchase a Playfield Protector.
I was wondering if some of you have and could give me a little feedback about it...

Any kink with it?
I'm actually puzzled about the buttons in the middle. Isn't it problematic here with a protector?

#3758 6 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

So, I found myself a WCS94 a few months ago with the playfield stripped down.
I just started to clean it up and I'm about to purchase a Playfield Protector.
I was wondering if some of you have and could give me a little feedback about it...
Any kink with it?
I'm actually puzzled about the buttons in the middle. Isn't it problematic here with a protector?

Never seen someone use a protector on WCS

#3759 6 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Probably not with the premade holes for the buttons.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/-izHFS116U6nbR1n69bBww?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=World%20Cup%20Soccer%20%7C%201994

#3760 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Probably not with the premade holes for the buttons.

Oh no, sure there are premade holes, but I was wondering if once the button pushed, the edge of the protector wouldn't be too... prominent?

#3761 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Started my tear down and clean up on my WCS. Hmmm was this ever cleaned????

Same here mate - going through a clean up too!

IMG_20180112_143050 (resized).jpgIMG_20180112_143050 (resized).jpg

#3762 6 years ago
Quoted from hathro:

Same here mate - going through a clean up too!

Wow! Yours may be a bit more cruddy than mine! Enjoy your restoration, that's my favorite part!

#3763 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Has anyone here reproduced these cabinet decals? Know anyone that has or could do it? Just my right side is peeling. Would gladly pay for a replacement. Please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

So I went with the idea to just remove the damaged sticker. Using a very sharp new razor blade, I carefully peeled that hidious thing off and scrubbed the sticky residue wirh GooGone and it looks great! I think I like it without the sticker. It's interesting the artwork has small tracers to identify placement of the decal.

20180103_213133 (resized).jpg20180103_213133 (resized).jpg

20180113_163402 (resized).jpg20180113_163402 (resized).jpg

#3764 6 years ago

Very nice. Looks great!
I think you're right, it does look better without.

#3765 6 years ago

Had a feeling it would look cool! Nice work.

#3766 6 years ago

Hey yo !
What's the best rubber color design, for your WCS, in your oppinion ?

#3767 6 years ago

I'm thinking white rings, green flipper rubbers and yellow and purple cliffy post rubbers when I shop mine next.

#3768 6 years ago

are the star posts cyan? if so, i'd say purple everywhere; superbands at cointaker.

#3769 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

are the star posts cyan? if so, i'd say purple everywhere; superbands at cointaker.

Posts are teal.

#3770 6 years ago

i'd still go with purple everywhere.

#3771 6 years ago

Found myself a broken/loose wire, cant really figure out what to do with it.
Its connected to the marked flasher (down to the left with the playfield up) but where should it go? Should it connect somewhere or has it broken into two pieces?

Flasher still works without that wire though. Isnt that odd?

flash (resized).jpgflash (resized).jpg

#3772 6 years ago

is that circuit supposed to have two flashers daisy chained together maybe? you have any that don't flash?

#3773 6 years ago

Just above the circle you drew (the one on the right), there's another flasher.
You're supposed to have a big and a thin red/white wire soldered together.
From what I see on your picture, the loose one is supposed to go there...?

#3774 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

is that circuit supposed to have two flashers daisy chained together maybe? you have any that don't flash?

All flashers work. But they feel really "weak", not as bright as a LED flasher should be. No clue if that has anything do to with this though.

Quoted from wylcot:

Just above the circle you drew (the one on the right), there's another flasher.
You're supposed to have a big and a thin red/white wire soldered together.
From what I see on your picture, the loose one is supposed to go there...?

From what I recall that flasher already have two red/white wires solder to it, they might just block each other in this picure.
Will double check that tomorrow.

#3775 6 years ago

Well, I was wrong.

There is only one red/white wire connect to the flasher. Should the loose wire be soldered to this flasher?

flasher (resized).jpgflasher (resized).jpg

#3776 6 years ago

if i still had my WCS, i'd check for you. sorry.

#3777 6 years ago

Great fun game Wcs is fun for everyone.

One of my buddies brings his to OC league a lot and we all love it. It ends up getting the most play. After the regular tourney.

I think it's a great game to show others what pinball is. Or what it looks like.

A fun example.

I feel like n b a fast break belongs next to it.

#3778 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Well, I was wrong.
There is only one red/white wire connect to the flasher. Should the loose wire be soldered to this flasher?

Looks like it. There is a thin red w/ white wire between the two on my machine.

20180118_154739 (resized).jpg20180118_154739 (resized).jpg

#3779 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Looks like it. There is a thin red w/ white wire between the two on my machine.

Yeah, that must be it.
Thanks for the picture, and thanks to everyone else who took the time to respond.

#3780 6 years ago

Can anyone please tell me what it's supposed to look like to the left of the goal here? I seem to be missing multiple posts of some kind

IMG_1885 (resized).JPGIMG_1885 (resized).JPG

#3781 6 years ago

Heres mine

IMG_0360 (resized).jpgIMG_0360 (resized).jpg

#3782 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Can anyone please tell me what it's supposed to look like to the left of the goal here? I seem to be missing multiple posts of some kind

Could you share what size ring you've got to the left of the goal there? Mine is the wrong size.

#3783 6 years ago

You mean the one going around the 2 teal posts?

#3784 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You mean the one going around the 2 teal posts?

Yes, next to where you're missing a post.

#3785 6 years ago

Rollovers Question:

Before I dig into it this weekend, the rollover targets are much higher than my previous WCS. They really change the path of the ball roll. My old game the rollovers seemed lower and “softer” and don’t recall the ball ever being redirected to the extent of this one. Is there an adjustment under the playfield or suggestions on this?

#3786 6 years ago

Joined the club a couple weeks ago. I've been shopping this thing out since then. I added a color DMD today and did some of the led strip mods others suggested. I went back with all LED's minus a few in the backbox where I preferred incandescent. Going to have to take a break while I wait for Cliffy's to come in. If you don't already know, he has started making some of them carbon fiber due to warping issues with the originals. Looking forward to getting this one back together!

#3787 6 years ago

Anyone ever replace the switch behind the goalie? Could you please let me know what you used?
WCS94 manuel says part # A-17779 which isn't available anywhere.
The yellow square on the target is 1 inch by 3/4 inch.
On Marco site, these ones seems pretty close :
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-5162-06
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7568-06

Thanks in advance

20180119_210108 (resized).jpg20180119_210108 (resized).jpg

#3788 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Rollovers Question:
Before I dig into it this weekend, the rollover targets are much higher than my previous WCS. They really change the path of the ball roll. My old game the rollovers seemed lower and “softer” and don’t recall the ball ever being redirected to the extent of this one. Is there an adjustment under the playfield or suggestions on this?

The path of the ball gets changed on mine as well. Played one in an arcade recently and it was the same thing.
Measured the height of mine for you :

20180119_213645 (resized).jpg20180119_213645 (resized).jpg

#3789 6 years ago

Anyone doing WCS94 plastics sets right now? I put a repro set on my game years ago but they were kinda crap and they cracked pretty bad at the screw holes.

#3790 6 years ago

Planetary pinball has them.

#3791 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Anyone doing WCS94 plastics sets right now? I put a repro set on my game years ago but they were kinda crap and they cracked pretty bad at the screw holes.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-WCS31-1925R

#3792 6 years ago

Good looking out, thanks guys.

#3793 6 years ago

Anyone interested in these battery adaptors for a single 1/2 AA lithium battery. Get rid of the Alcaline leakable batteries and just plug this adapter into your 3AA battery holder with a 1/2 AA lithium battery instead.

$10 a piece
$12 shipping (up to 5 adapter sets).

Cheers
/mima

DSC_0072.JPGDSC_0072.JPG

received_713568425508671.jpegreceived_713568425508671.jpeg

#3794 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Anyone interested in these battery adaptors for a single 1/2 AA lithium battery. Get rid of the Alcaline leakable batteries and just plug this adapter into your 3AA battery holder with a 1/2 AA lithium battery instead.
$10 a piece
$12 shipping (up to 5 adapter sets).
Cheers
/mima

Okay, please don't cross-post. Put an ad in the market.

#3795 6 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for the screws that hold the metal plate to the 2 pieces of ramp on the right hand side?

#3796 6 years ago

Do you guys know if ramps are being reproduced?

The WCS i'm restoring has ones that are broken and cracked in some places...

#3797 6 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Do you guys know if ramps are being reproduced?
The WCS i'm restoring has ones that are broken and cracked in some places...

They've been rumored as "next in line" from Starship Fantasy for about 3 years...

#3800 6 years ago
Quoted from jecase:

The 2 post sleeves you show on my machine were slightly wider than standard. I replaced them with Titan sleeves and either the ramp tip straightened a tiny bit or the ball was being slightly diverted by the sleeves. After replacement, I have had no problems. It looks to me like the lower of the 2 post sleeves on your machine shows wear from the ball exiting the loop. The ball should not touch the rubber post when exiting I think.

Thanks for the advice. I took a slow motion video of a ball coming down and it was indeed hitting the lower post and shooting across to the out-lane. In regular speed you couldn't even see it.

I took a flathead screw driver and stuck it between the top post and the end of the ball guide and pried it up maybe a mm, 2mm max. The ball now feeds directly to the left flipper for a trap so I probably need to raise it higher so it hits the middle of the left sling like it should, but after 500 games or so with the loop of death; I'm not complaining.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 1,159.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/76?hl=archon9000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.