(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 170.
#3701 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Anyone help with directions to get a new goalie assembly? Came to my arcade to find the plastic in the outhole and the target under the left ramp. Looks like the plastic the screws go in is mangled and destroyed. So all I have is a metal post with holes in it going back an forth. Thanks in advance for the help.

You need the goalie backing (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9134.1) and the goalie decal (
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1924-8) and you should be all set assuming you can find the screws somewhere in there...

#3702 6 years ago
Quoted from hathro:

I picked up a dirty WCS94 a few weeks ago and I'm shopping it at the moment. I came across this crack in the right ramp. It's the perfect size for the ball to pop through! Any ideas on how to repair it?

My machine has a similar hole. A previous owner made a metal protector that goes around that U bend.

#3703 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

My machine has a similar hole. A previous owner made a metal protector that goes around that U bend.

Got pictures?
My ramp is cracked at the same spot and I want to reinforce that somehow to avoid further damage.

Seems to be a common problem on WCS that spot. Any other DIY fixes people can recommend?

#3704 6 years ago

Hi all
Just joined the club though I got a non working machine. I turn it on and get an immediate Opto error message
Fuse issue?

#3705 6 years ago

Hello guys and gals.. I'm in the club! I acquired a very dirty WCS.. (stored with no glass) but 100% working and no cracked ramps.
I have a game play question. The World Cup finals is a 5 ball multi since you can manually plunge as many as you want....is this how the game is intended to be played?....is there any advantage to getting all 5 out on the field?
Seems like a good opportunity for Bally to use an auto launcher.

#3706 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Hello guys and gals.. I'm in the club! I acquired a very dirty WCS.. (stored with no glass) but 100% working and no cracked ramps.
I have a game play question. The World Cup finals is a 5 ball multi since you can manually plunge as many as you want....is this how the game is intended to be played?....is there any advantage to getting all 5 out on the field?

The way it is set up the computer scores another goal/is more likely to score every time you launch a ball. So there is some strategy and risk/reward not just launching every ball and going all out, but you can do that too.

#3707 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Too many balls and it gets harder to score goals...the balls deflect off each other and get bounced around mid playfield. Like trying to shoot through a wall of defenders. I prefer launching one and seeing where it goes if l miss first. If it comes straight back to flippers I take another shot with that one ball. If it doesn’t look like it’s coming straight back, I’ll launch another one.

#3708 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Got pictures?
My ramp is cracked at the same spot and I want to reinforce that somehow to avoid further damage.
Seems to be a common problem on WCS that spot. Any other DIY fixes people can recommend?

Mine is cracked as well.

I'm surprised that a protector doesn't exist for that area. A clean shot sends the ball up that ramp really hard and there is significant contact with the ramp plastic at that bend. After my flipper rebuild and a playfield waxing, the ball literally rocketed up there.

If Cliffy ever made a protector for this part of the ramp, I'd for sure buy one

#3709 6 years ago

I'm going to shop my game soon, any favorite rubber sets?

#3710 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I'm going to shop my game soon, any favorite rubber sets?

I put Titan transparent silicone rings on all my games, but just my personal preference. One thing I like about them is they don’t block light, and also they show dirt easily so you can use them as indiciators that the game needs a spit shine. This game needs to be cleaned more than most games imo to help keep it fast and the soccer ball in good shape to throw the pinball all over the place.

#3711 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Got pictures?

Here it is. Surprised there isn't a professionally made version of this.

20180102_144912 (resized).jpg20180102_144912 (resized).jpg

#3712 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I put Titan transparent silicone rings on all my games, but just my personal preference. One thing I like about them is they don’t block light, and also they show dirt easily so you can use them as indiciators that the game needs a spit shine. This game needs to be cleaned more than most games imo to help keep it fast and the soccer ball in good shape to throw the pinball all over the place.

Totally agree on cleaning. I felt the soccer ball was not causing as much chaos as I first thought. A little cleaning later and it's throwing the ball everywhere!

#3713 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Here it is. Surprised there isn't a professionally made version of this.

RatShack - Can I please be a pain and ask you to please remove the plastic disc so I can see the installation better? It seems great and I'd like to make one for my machine!

#3714 6 years ago

Hmmm, mine has one of those discs installed, I thought it was factory!

#3715 6 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Hmmm, mine has one of those discs installed, I thought it was factory!

If you are talking about the round disc with the guy doing a bicycle kick, that's factory. Both my WCS have them.

#3716 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

If you are talking about the round disc with the guy doing a bicycle kick, that's factory. Both my WCS have them.

Whoops, I can see the metal fix in the curve now! I thought that the disc may have been a fix as a friend of mine doesn't have it

#3717 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Oh but it's so much more fun to launch balls manually during the frenzy of shooting goals.

#3718 6 years ago

Is it ever possible to lock two balls in the left side lock? I noticed 2 switches in there. Still figuring this game out.

#3719 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Is it ever possible to lock two balls in the left side lock? I noticed 2 switches in there. Still figuring this game out.

Nope. There for a two player game when one player locks a ball then the next player locks one as well. The game will spit out the first locked ball and then the player uses that to hit final draw for multiball instead of being served another ball to the shooter lane.

#3720 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. There for a two player game when one player locks a ball then the next player locks one as well. The game will spit out the first locked ball and then the player uses that to hit final draw for multiball instead of being served another ball to the shooter lane.

Wow so many ingenious rules built in!

#3721 6 years ago

Has anyone here reproduced these cabinet decals? Know anyone that has or could do it? Just my right side is peeling. Would gladly pay for a replacement. Please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

20180103_213133 (resized).jpg20180103_213133 (resized).jpg

#3722 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Has anyone here reproduced these cabinet decals? Know anyone that has or could do it? Just my right side is peeling. Would gladly pay for a replacement. Please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-WCS-CABSET-SS

#3723 6 years ago

I have a problem with my machine. I get the opto trough error pictured and have pulled the boards out (also pictured)
Anyone see anything obvious here? Are the corresponding lights on each board supposed to match?

IMG_1823 (resized).JPGIMG_1823 (resized).JPG

IMG_1806 (resized).JPGIMG_1806 (resized).JPG

#3724 6 years ago

Thanks comment23, however I do not need the entire cabinet artwork. I'm only in need of the large "officially licensed" sticker.

#3725 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Are the corresponding lights on each board supposed to match?

Optos come in different 'colors' of molding. Some clear, some emitters use red, Gottlieb used a tinted blue i think. What's important is that the emitters and receivers are on their respective boards. You can use some older digital cameras and cell phones to see if the Infra Red emitters are working.

#3726 6 years ago

They look fine to me, but trough opto boards are cheap enough that if you think they're bad, replace em. On some games (like Dredd) it will save you a world of hurt.

You can always change out the optos and reflow the pins, but I have never had great luck with that. Then again, I'm kind of a hack!

That error message on your DMD probably isn't because of your trough opto boards tho, you have something going on in your backbox with your 12v power section.

#3727 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Thanks comment23, however I do not need the entire cabinet artwork. I'm only in need of the large "officially licensed" sticker.

How odd that the new art has a white square where the "Officially Licensed" sticker would go and the OG art doesn't. Might just peel the old one off and clean up the gunk and see if it looks better without.

#3728 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Might just peel the old one off and clean up the gunk and see if it looks better without.

Was actually debating this! I think it may look better without.

#3729 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

You could email Rick at PPS and see if he is able to sell you the decals themselves? I believe he gets these from a supplier so it may be able to be a "one-off." Worth a shot.

#3730 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

They look fine to me, but trough opto boards are cheap enough that if you think they're bad, replace em. On some games (like Dredd) it will save you a world of hurt.
You can always change out the optos and reflow the pins, but I have never had great luck with that. Then again, I'm kind of a hack!
That error message on your DMD probably isn't because of your trough opto boards tho, you have something going on in your backbox with your 12v power section.

Thanks, I'm a bit of a novice. Where in the backbox am I looking for 12v power issues?

#3731 6 years ago

Look who’s back! Back again! Shady’s back....tell a friend! Guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back.....da da daa!

6C5E90AA-E2CB-4D06-B21A-4448059A4422 (resized).jpeg6C5E90AA-E2CB-4D06-B21A-4448059A4422 (resized).jpeg

#3732 6 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

You could email Rick at PPS and see if he is able to sell you the decals themselves? I believe he gets these from a supplier so it may be able to be a "one-off." Worth a shot.

PPS could make some loot if they did NextGen Translites for WCS94.....just sayin’

#3733 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks, I'm a bit of a novice. Where in the backbox am I looking for 12v power issues?

The power driver board (the big one) would seem to be the place to start. Check all your fuses (pull and test) and make sure your connectors are well seated and not burned or discolored. J116 I believe is opto power to PF?

#3734 6 years ago

sorry, how do you get to 4-5 ball multiball? i used to own one of these and didn't know i was doing it wrong. always thought i got 3 because i didn't lock anymore.

#3735 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

sorry, how do you get to 4-5 ball multiball? i used to own one of these and didn't know i was doing it wrong. always thought i got 3 because i didn't lock anymore.

Only 3 possible in final draw multiball. The World Cup final wizard mode can be up to 5. Just depends on how many you decide to plunge into play.

#3736 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

3-Ball is standard when you:
lock one, hit "Final Draw",
then another will pop out at the plunger.
To get more than 3 balls involved, you need to make it to Los Angeles and begin the World Cup Finals against Germany. Unlimited balls for a preset length of time (which can be changed in one of the menu's).

#3737 6 years ago

gotcha. tyvm, guys.

#3738 6 years ago

Could somebody please do me a favor and lift their playfield and let me know where the red/white voltage cable from the jet bumper flasher connects to?
The shorter of the 2 red/white wires appears to connect to something within 3 or 4 inches. Mine is dangling loose and I can't figure out where it connects to.

Thanks in advance!!

20180105_192437 (resized).jpg20180105_192437 (resized).jpg

#3739 6 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Could somebody please do me a favor and lift their playfield and let me know where the red/white voltage cable from the jet bumper flasher connects to?
The shorter of the 2 red/white wires appears to connect to something within 3 or 4 inches. Mine is dangling loose and I can't figure out where it connects to.
Thanks in advance!!

Found the point to connect the red/white voltage to. Wire had snapped in two. Quick fix with a Scotchlok.

20180106_141153-1 (resized).jpg20180106_141153-1 (resized).jpg

#3740 6 years ago

Got my WCS a month or so ago. Soccer ball was a little brittle and was spinning in a NOT round motion which caused some pretty good rubbing on ramp and back of switch near right ramp entrance.

So I got a new ball and installed it, but it also spins in a not round motion, causing the same rubbing!!

Could the plate under ball be the issue or ??? I have unplugged switch for now so I don’t mess up the new ball or stress the motor.

Thanks for any ideas,
Mike

#3741 6 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Oh but it's so much more fun to launch balls manually during the frenzy of shooting goals.

This is just such a fun game...really a great add to any line-up

#3742 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

Got my WCS a month or so ago. Soccer ball was a little brittle and was spinning in a NOT round motion which caused some pretty good rubbing on ramp and back of switch near right ramp entrance.
So I got a new ball and installed it, but it also spins in a not round motion, causing the same rubbing!!
Could the plate under ball be the issue or ??? I have unplugged switch for now so I don’t mess up the new ball or stress the motor.
Thanks for any ideas,
Mike

Sounds like maybe the ball isn’t completely seated on the plate - if it isn’t pressed completely down with the inner ball groove around the plate’s perimeter, it’ll bump into the ramp like you’re describing. It should be pretty close to flush with the playfield, and spin without any contact with other parts.

#3743 6 years ago

Hey guys, does anyone have any ideas about how to fix a right loop return that consistently sends the ball to a power left out lane? AKA, shooting the spinner equals instant death.

#3744 6 years ago

Thanks westofrome I will check that!

#3745 6 years ago

My take on battery holders. New to pinball and electronics, so didnt want to solder if I could avoid it.
Probably not the first one doing this, but here is what I did;

bat1 (resized).jpgbat1 (resized).jpg
bat2 (resized).jpgbat2 (resized).jpg

Removed the battery board and mounted it on the left side. Used a nut on the existing screw top right and a wood screw bottom left, with spacers on both, to keep it in place.

#3746 6 years ago

i know they're out of stock, but look for something like this:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RBM

#3747 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Mezel sells something like this.

#3748 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Hey guys, does anyone have any ideas about how to fix a right loop return that consistently sends the ball to a power left out lane? AKA, shooting the spinner equals instant death.

I had the same problem. The rubber post sleeve on the right side at the end of the ball guide was too big in diameter. I replaced it with a smaller one. That let the ball guide end move down a little bit and now the ball hits in the middle of the left sling which is where it should hit. (I'm On my 3rd WCS game)

#3749 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mezel sells something like this.

Er - absolutely and completely unneeded.
WPC-S MPUs already HAVE a 'remote mounted' board. As pictured above in Wiggy 's post. He just moved it. It's supposed to be mounted on standoffs on the MPU board. He moved his over to the side of the backbox.

#3750 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Er - absolutely and completely unneeded.
WPC-S MPUs already HAVE a 'remote mounted' board. As pictured above in wiggy 's post. He just moved it. It's supposed to be mounted on standoffs on the MPU board. He moved his over to the side of the backbox.

Yep. Awesome that this game is that easy to solve the issue. Just saying for other games where you can find the solderless solution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/75?hl=bigmorty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.