(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 170.
#3451 6 years ago

It engages fine but it retracts really slow.

#3452 6 years ago

Hello, I recently purchased a WCS94 and I am currently shopping it out it looks like the flipper coils were inserted in the wrong way but the action feels smooth. can someone post good pics of the flipper assembly as well as the wires and diodes so I can make sure I am not going to burn out the flippers when I am finally done with it.

Thanks!

#3453 6 years ago

disassemble, clean it up, then put it back together with a new sleeve and spring.

#3454 6 years ago

This is what the set up looked like I just did a cleaning and a nylon, flipper stopper, eos switch replacement

Quoted from weaverj:

disassemble, clean it up, then put it back together with a new sleeve and spring.

I am asking for pics because I think the last person who owned it might have messed something up.

IMG_20171012_223429 (resized).jpgIMG_20171012_223429 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171012_223436 (resized).jpgIMG_20171012_223436 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171012_223423 (resized).jpgIMG_20171012_223423 (resized).jpg

#3455 6 years ago

Flip those coils around first off and reflow the solder. Sloppy job.

#3456 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Flip those coils around first off and reflow the solder. Sloppy job.

Thank you but before I touch the coils themselves i am not sure that this machine uses the same coils for both flippers. Also if you notice the coil in the first pic there are no tabs. I dont know if I should touch them or just replace them.

Again I am asking to make sure the wires seem right because it looks like whoever owned the machine before might have messed something up.

#3457 6 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Thank you but before I touch the coils themselves i am not sure that this machine uses the same coils for both flippers. Also if you notice the coil in the first pic there are no tabs. I dont know if I should touch them or just replace them.
Again I am asking to make sure the wires seem right because it looks like whoever owned the machine before might have messed something up.

If the flippers work I doubt they are wired wrong. I'll check mine and post a pic later. In the meantime here are your options for flipper coils to replace the one with broken tabs.

IMG_6714 (resized).PNGIMG_6714 (resized).PNG

#3458 6 years ago

i was talking to coco.

#3460 6 years ago

Coils and wiring.

IMG_6717 (resized).JPGIMG_6717 (resized).JPGIMG_6718 (resized).JPGIMG_6718 (resized).JPG

#3461 6 years ago

Cool, the diodes are different because you have dual winding vs the ones I have which appear to be original?

#3462 6 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Cool, the diodes are different because you have dual winding vs the ones I have which appear to be original?

Your coils are the same part number as mine. I would just replace yours to be safe.

#3463 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Thank you. That was the plan. I have the parts breakdown and am planning on doing that with all three kickouts while I am at it.
Game is fine otherwise. The center opto on the coin flip acts up a bit but I'm going to tear that apart and clean it when i get these parts as well.

#3464 6 years ago

Expo pics

IMG_2776 (resized).JPGIMG_2776 (resized).JPG

IMG_2777 (resized).JPGIMG_2777 (resized).JPG

#3465 6 years ago

That game was absolutely gorgeous

#3466 6 years ago

Ordered a display in anticipation of the ColorDMD release for WCS!

#3467 6 years ago

I've never been really super into color dmd's. I will say though, I am contemplating getting one for wcs. I've only seen the few clips so far, but man this game would really pop with one. There is so much color on the playfield and especially after a good LED job this just makes sense. I'd probably go LED on the display if I purchase one.

#3468 6 years ago

Also I must add, WCS is the best earning WPC I've ever put on location. Yes It can be a maintenance heavy, but its worth it. Just replaced my soccer ball motor. I had a friend make my new goalie on a 3D printer with a pretty strong plastic, that was 2 years ago and still holding strong!

There is a reason it's been almost every papa bank for years. The game just flat out kicks ass and has very good scoring. On top of all that.........its fun, and that's what matters most.

"They can't seem to get control of the ball"

So good!

#3469 6 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I've never been really super into color dmd's. I will say though, I am contemplating getting one for wcs. I've only seen the few clips so far, but man this game would really pop with one. There is so much color on the playfield and especially after a good LED job this just makes sense. I'd probably go LED on the display if I purchase one.

Yeah, I love the ColorDMD LED displays. I can't see why, unless you just didn't want to spend the money, that you wouldn't put one in your game.

I have an LCD display in my TZ and it's got some nice options, so I can see why people go that way too.

#3470 6 years ago

Well Gunstar, I think this will be my first.

#3471 6 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

exactly this. So much color in the game that the bland orange dmd really sticks out. i sold mine recently but it would be already be in the mail if I still had it.
EDIT - i can def see owning it again. It is simple but fun.

#3472 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3473 6 years ago

This game was amazing. It felt so good and looked beautiful in person. Absolutely blown away by this machine.

#3474 6 years ago

Anyone have this plastic on theirs? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1925A-3

It looks like it goes behind the ball to the right maybe, but I can't figure where it would fit with the ramp right there.

Mostly just curious if I'm missing a piece I should buy.

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

#3475 6 years ago

Got my Color DMD LED for WCS today... now we just need that cooooooooooode.

#3476 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Got my Color DMD LED for WCS today... now we just need that cooooooooooode.

Even without the code it made a 100% improvement. Very much looking forward to the code tho!

5DB6F1BE-8672-4109-8604-5403B7DB220F (resized).jpeg5DB6F1BE-8672-4109-8604-5403B7DB220F (resized).jpeg

#3477 6 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

Even without the code it made a 100% improvement. Very much looking forward to the code tho!

Cyan everywhere!!! Haha.

#3478 6 years ago

What code?

#3479 6 years ago

The color programming for the ColorDMD.

#3481 6 years ago

Rebuilt and lubed that kicker and its working like a champ now! Now to tear apart and clean the coin toss :/

#3482 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Rebuilt and lubed that kicker and its working like a champ now! Now to tear apart and clean the coin toss :/

That’s not fun. Take your time and lots of pictures. It does clean up really nice though so it’s worth it. I have a thread with lots of pics of that if you get stuck.

#3483 6 years ago

lubed?!

#3484 6 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

This game was amazing. It felt so good and looked beautiful in person. Absolutely blown away by this machine.

It is truly such a fun game.....amazing how many discount it.....

#3485 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s not fun. Take your time and lots of pictures. It does clean up really nice though so it’s worth it. I have a thread with lots of pics of that if you get stuck.

I will check that out! The optos are giving me some fits (mainly the center one). Cleaning it as it sits makes it behave for a bit but I think it's time for a closer look.

#3486 6 years ago

Don't lube your games. Save that for your woman.

#3487 6 years ago

So, is there a ColorDMD coming?

I see that PinDMD is making the code for WCS94. I assume that is different from ColorDMD?

What is the difference? Is one better than the other? I know PinDMD is less expensive.

Sorry, I'm a newb when it comes to color dmd. Just need clarification. Thanks.

#3488 6 years ago

I don’t know what Pin dmd is. Color dmd for this game is available now.

#3489 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t know what Pin dmd is. Color dmd for this game is available now.

Nope, it's not. But it's been shown (at Expo) and is almost done, probably the next release after Godzilla.

PIN DMD is like an open source ColorDMD that looks less good.

#3490 6 years ago

My bad. Never seen them show one that wasn’t available immediately.

#3491 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My bad. Never seen them show one that wasn’t available immediately.

Yeah, it was an Expo thing I guess. But I got a display ready to go in my wife's WCS as soon as the color drops!

#3492 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yeah, it was an Expo thing I guess. But I got a display ready to go in my wife's WCS as soon as the color drops!

Nice. This will be my first CDMD.

#3493 6 years ago

They're bad news dude... as soon as you have one you need one in all your games!

#3494 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

They're bad news dude... as soon as you have one you need one in all your games!

If that’s not the life of a pinball collector I don’t know what is.

#3495 6 years ago

Hahaha, you know it brotha.

#3496 6 years ago

I have a Pin2DMD that I'm going to try out in WCS soon. I'd rather have an LCD color dmd, but this is a good solution for the time.

#3497 6 years ago

Just buying my World Cup 94 this weekend. So add me to the club. Should take possession later this week.

And yes, never buy a color dmd or you will have to put it in everything!

#3498 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Just buying my World Cup 94 this weekend. So add me to the club. Should take possession later this week.
And yes, never buy a color dmd or you will have to put it in everything!

Congrats, and this game will definitely be no exception!!!

#3499 6 years ago

Just joined the club!

First question, is there a way to make the soccer ball have more of an impact on the pinball trajectory while it's spinning? On mine, the pinball can run into the soccer ball spinning at full speed and it reacts the same as if it wasn't spinning at all. The spinning soccer ball doesn't send it in any erratic direction. I would like for the soccer ball to cause more of an unpredictable "throw" of the pinball.

#3500 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Just joined the club!
First question, is there a way to make the soccer ball have more of an impact on the pinball trajectory while it's spinning? On mine, the pinball can run into the soccer ball spinning at full speed and it reacts the same as if it wasn't spinning at all. The spinning soccer ball doesn't send it in any erratic direction. I would like for the soccer ball to cause more of an unpredictable "throw" of the pinball.

Need a new rubber ball. If yours is old and dirty it will have no more tackiness to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/70?hl=joshindc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.