(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
PXL_20240206_021502397~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021438171 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021337603~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
20240126_183106~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231544_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231433_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).png

There are 8,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 170.
#3401 6 years ago

Well, it just happend.. I bought a pinball machine, my first ever - a WCS.
Im a total newbie when it comes to electronics and doesnt really see myself as a handy man, buy hopefully I can make this work in the long run. Trial and error..

Always been into pinball but never owned a machine myself. The plan was to buy a few of my favorit pinballs when me and my wife bought a house (pinball isnt really suited for smal apartments) but when I got the opportunity to buy a WCS, who is on my wishlist, for a good price I couldnt say no. So it's staying at my parents for the moment till I get myself a house

I think it's in quite good condition (can post pictures later on). Both the cab and pf looks good and everything is working so far from what I can tell after playing it for a few hours with friends.

I'v noticed some wear on the holes though. From what I'v heard thats a common issue with WCS. Read about protectors and many mentions "Cliffys". How difficult are these to install? Been told that lots of stuff has to come off before you can get them into position. Worried im not gonna be able to get everything into place afterwards.
Any tips how to keep track off all the parts when disembling and remembering where everything goes?

Alot of lamps doesnt work. But since im converting to LED's its not much a problem as I will replace all lamps anyways. I did notice that in the backbox no lamps but the flashers are working. Could this just be a coincidence or might there be some other problem causing it?

Thats all I'v noticed so far, but I guess more things will show up (hope not) as I start poking around.

Oh, and its dirty. Really dirty. Need to buy some cleaners

#3402 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Any tips how to keep track off all the parts when disembling and remembering where everything goes?

Take lots of pictures. No matter how many you take you will always miss something. That's when you come on here and ask for help

#3403 6 years ago

I got a huge picture dump from a member here. The imgur link is a few pages back. Unfortunately WCS is one of the trickier games to shop due to the layered ramps. Lots of things need to come off including posts when installing cliffys.

#3404 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

I got a huge picture dump from a member here. The imgur link is a few pages back. Unfortunately WCS is one of the trickier games to shop due to the layered ramps. Lots of things need to come off including posts when installing cliffys.

That's probably my picture dump . I put the link below for easier reference. As a heads up, there are a lot of pictures, so trying to view the album on a phone might be problematic.

I would recommend the carbon fiber Cliffy's. My WCS has the metal ones on the free kick saucers when I got it and they had warped pretty severely. I replaced them with the carbon fiber ones and so far so good, everything has kept its shape. Also, the Cliffy on the assist hole can tend to interfere with the kickout from there a bit, so it might take some tweaking to get it right.

https://imgur.com/a/HFcGH

#3405 6 years ago

Looking for parts for my WCS....

Anyone have a right ramp?
Extra mini-playfield lock mech/assembly?

#3407 6 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

That's probably my picture dump . I put the link below for easier reference. As a heads up, there are a lot of pictures, so trying to view the album on a phone might be problematic.
I would recommend the carbon fiber Cliffy's. My WCS has the metal ones on the free kick saucers when I got it and they had warped pretty severely. I replaced them with the carbon fiber ones and so far so good, everything has kept its shape. Also, the Cliffy on the assist hole can tend to interfere with the kickout from there a bit, so it might take some tweaking to get it right.

That will be helpful, thank you.

#3408 6 years ago

Havent had much time for my WC since I bought it, but today I started looking it over. Found quite a bit, which makes the pinhead-newbie that I am kinda nervous..

DSC_0247 (resized).JPGDSC_0247 (resized).JPG Missing some light. No light in backbox (expect flashers) and missing some on the playfield aswell. Pretty sure this is the problem. J120 and J121 seems to be burned. So I guess I have to change the connector. Do I need to change the pins on the pcb aswell?

DSC_0258 (resized).JPGDSC_0258 (resized).JPG
DSC_0260 (resized).JPGDSC_0260 (resized).JPG Two broken plastic parts. I can buy them separately, they are cheap. But will that look wierd, with two new plastics and the rest original? Wont they stand out?

DSC_0253[1] (resized).JPGDSC_0253[1] (resized).JPG What are those "holes" just under the flippers? One is empty and in the other one there is a nail or something..
Right flipper was kinda weak. Need to rebuild.

DSC_0256 (resized).JPGDSC_0256 (resized).JPG Yeah that doesnt look the way its supposed to

DSC_0251 (resized).JPGDSC_0251 (resized).JPG Replacing the stars.

DSC_0252 (resized).JPGDSC_0252 (resized).JPG The holes got some wear, the assist hole being the worst. I have orded Cliffys and hopefully that will cover it up.

DSC_0261 (resized).JPGDSC_0261 (resized).JPG Think im missing a screw or a bolt on that post. Anyone know which one?

#3409 6 years ago

check fuses yet?

#3410 6 years ago

Those connectors are TOAST. Replace all the pins and the plugs at J120 and J121 for sure.

That game will clean up just fine! Have fun. I shopped my wife's WCS and am getting set to do it again with Cliffys and LEDs this time.

Those holes under the flippers are for setting your flipper angle. I never really use them tho.

#3411 6 years ago

Looks like J120 and J121 connectors have already been repinned once before, but yes the board pins should be replaced.

J120 is off by one pin to the right - disconnect and reconnect correctly.

Looks like you're missing the plastic under the left ramp entirely.

The holes under the flippers are for alignment. You stick a toothpick into the hole, rest the flipper bats on the toothpicks and tighten up the pawl nuts.

#3412 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Looking for parts for my WCS....
Anyone have a right ramp?
Extra mini-playfield lock mech/assembly?

pm sent

#3413 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I better start learning to solder and desolder then..

Quoted from Hammerhead:

Looks like you're missing the plastic under the left ramp entirely.

Wait, what plastic are we talking about?

#3414 6 years ago

Is there anything else I should check/do when I get the board out beside change the pins? Any other known issues?

Quoted from weaverj:

check fuses yet?

Yeah thats a good idea. Will do that.

#3415 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Thanks for the replies. I better start learning to solder and desolder then..

Wait, what plastic are we talking about?

Your second last photo, the clear plastic above the "assist" eject hole is a hack job by someone. It should look like this.

image_62267_1 (resized).jpgimage_62267_1 (resized).jpg

#3416 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Your second last photo, the clear plastic above the "assist" eject hole is a hack job by someone. It should look like this.

That plastic is very prone to breaking. Ball flies off the soccer ball and smacks the side of it. Usually the right side is missing, or in your case likely the entire plastic.

Only place I know where you can get a replacement is here :
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-1925-21.html

#3417 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Quoted from Archon9000:

That plastic is very prone to breaking. Ball flies off the soccer ball and smacks the side of it. Usually the right side is missing, or in your case likely the entire plastic.

Only place I know where you can get a replacement is here :
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-1925-21.html

With two pieces broken, one missing and a few warped ones I thought I might aswell buy the full plastic kit. It seems like the part that im missing (under left ramp) is a part of this kit. Although I cant see the goalie plastic. Is there any other pieces missing in these kits?

135453954-origpic-57a7e6 (resized).png135453954-origpic-57a7e6 (resized).png

#3418 6 years ago

The goalie isn't a plastic, he's like a dense rubber pad with a sticker on it.

#3419 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Picked up a WCS over the weekend... I'm assuming this is not stock. One side of the header plastic is like this too (they loved their rivets). Anyone have a good pic of how this area should look?

Also, where does the Run plastic go? Seems like I'm missing it.

20171002_204721 (resized).jpg20171002_204721 (resized).jpg

#3420 6 years ago

Are the plastic sets still available? Thought CPR sold out of them..

#3421 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Picked up a WCS over the weekend... I'm assuming this is not stock. One side of the header plastic is like this too (they loved their rivets). Anyone have a good pic of how this area should look?
Also, where does the Run plastic go? Seems like I'm missing it.

This album probably has more pictures than you want, but it should have a shot of just about everything on the topside of the game. Also, the album is large, so it could be a problem to open on a phone:

CPR did sell out of the full plastic set, not sure about other places. The header plastic and one or two others are chronically broken on WCS, I feel like CPR should just run a full sheet of those. I put the plastic protectors on mine when I installed a new set and so far so good.

#3422 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Are the plastic sets still available?

WCS plastics were reproduced . Planetary pinball had this done. You can find them at Planetary and Bay area.

#3423 6 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

This album probably has more pictures than you want, but it should have a shot of just about everything on the topside of the game. Also, the album is large, so it could be a problem to open on a phone:
CPR did sell out of the full plastic set, not sure about other places. The header plastic and one or two others are chronically broken on WCS, I feel like CPR should just run a full sheet of those. I put the plastic protectors on mine when I installed a new set and so far so good.

Thanks for sharing!

#3424 6 years ago

Has anyone tried the plastic version of the goalie? How is it compared to the original pad version?

#3425 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Has anyone tried the plastic version of the goalie? How is it compared to the original pad version?

I've only played one that had it on location. Unless absolutely necessary, don't get it.

#3426 6 years ago

Where does this wing bolt go? It was included with the machine but haven't found a place for it.

15071836230831704838837 (resized).jpg15071836230831704838837 (resized).jpg

#3427 6 years ago

Backbox.

#3428 6 years ago

Thanks. Found the holes on the bottom, didn't know they were threaded.

#3429 6 years ago

What post sleeves size does this game use? 1-1/16"?
Not close to my game atm, so cant check myself.

#3430 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Thanks. Found the holes on the bottom, didn't know they were threaded.

No problem dude, I love the easy questions.

#3431 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

He blocks shots like the original. I didn't notice a difference.

#3432 6 years ago

Pin2dmd colorization is on the way for WCS:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-world-cup-94

9666CD2F-FBF6-4231-8675-6A9838231CDB.gif9666CD2F-FBF6-4231-8675-6A9838231CDB.gif

#3433 6 years ago

Finally finished my wcs resto, thought I'd share a few pics. Still need to tidey up some wires and do a few small thing. This will be a Chicago expo this year.

IMG_2749 (resized).JPGIMG_2749 (resized).JPG

IMG_2752 (resized).JPGIMG_2752 (resized).JPG

IMG_2751 (resized).JPGIMG_2751 (resized).JPG

IMG_2753 (resized).JPGIMG_2753 (resized).JPG

IMG_2754 (resized).JPGIMG_2754 (resized).JPG

IMG_2755 (resized).JPGIMG_2755 (resized).JPG

IMG_2756 (resized).JPGIMG_2756 (resized).JPG

IMG_2757 (resized).JPGIMG_2757 (resized).JPG

IMG_2760 (resized).JPGIMG_2760 (resized).JPG

IMG_2761 (resized).JPGIMG_2761 (resized).JPG

IMG_2766 (resized).JPGIMG_2766 (resized).JPG

#3434 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Finally finished my wcs resto, thought I'd share a few pics. Still need to tidey up some wires and do a few small thing. This will be a Chicago expo this year.

Looks awesome but I just can't do the exposed LEDs.

I'm thinking when I LED ours I'm gonna keep incandescent colored bulbs in those spots.

#3435 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Looks awesome but I just can't do the exposed LEDs.
I'm thinking when I LED ours I'm gonna keep incandescent colored bulbs in those spots.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

#3436 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Besides that tho... beautiful. I'll swap you for my WCS straight up RIGHT NOW.

#3437 6 years ago

Yeah I've never been a fan of the LEDs with no lenses in any application.

#3438 6 years ago

Just, please, don't put frosted LEDs under patterned inserts. Those starburst, fresnel patterns were meant to catch a point of light (the filiment) and shine.

#3439 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Besides that tho... beautiful. I'll swap you for my WCS straight up RIGHT NOW.

I don't ever want to do another WCS, pain in the butt, parts are hard to find and expensive when you do find them.

#3440 6 years ago

Is it possible to replace the screen infront of the dmd?

Would this fit? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3208

Or do I have to replace the whole cover? http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/world-cup-soccer/7342/display-cover-for-world-cup-soccer

#3441 6 years ago

Depends on which one is scratched. Maybe both?

#3442 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Depends on which one is scratched. Maybe both?

The display shield thats directly infront of the display got some real deep scratches. Just not sure if its replaceable.
And if is - will the display shield that I linked fit Cant find any partnr/info in the manual.

#3443 6 years ago

Colordmd to be released this month!

#3444 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

no way?!?

#3445 6 years ago

Yup, will be previewed at Expo this weekend.

#3446 6 years ago

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for very nice player's condition World Cup Soccer. Not interested in shipping. I'm in Tucson. Willing to pick up within about 2 hour radius.”
2018-01-14
Tucson, AZ
Wanted
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 152 times

#3447 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

And may I say...
IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

#3448 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I talked to the owner of color dmd months ago. He confirmed that someone IS working on WCS.

Posted this a while back. I wasn't blowing smoke.

#3449 6 years ago

Sticky Assist and free kick holes plungers. Ordering new springs. Any other ideas?

#3450 6 years ago

sticky meaning weak? in that case, coil sleeves.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 39.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
There are 8,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.