(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 170.
#3301 6 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Had to put my one of my dogs down yesterday.
WCS94 was his favorite and the one he spent the most time under when in action.

Aw man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

#3302 6 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Sorry about your pup.

#3303 6 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Sorry about your friend

#3304 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Sorry about your friend

Can't imagine that day, but my boy just turned 11.

#3305 6 years ago

Bummer man. I've been there. Hang tough. They are truly man's best friend.

#3306 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

WTB WCS plastic set please pm me if you have one. As long as the plastics are not yellow or broken I would be interested.

I believe these will be available shortly.

#3307 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I believe these will be available shortly.

I hope so, my plastic under my left ramp sucks. I'm back in the club after a year or so out. Wcs was my first game ever. Sold it long ago and just bought again. I just finished shopping it out. What a ball buster, forgot how fast it was.

1 week later
#3308 6 years ago

Anyone know we're this clear plastic goes?

IMG_0358 (resized).JPGIMG_0358 (resized).JPG

#3309 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone know we're this clear plastic goes?

i believe it goes above Striker kick up hole. sorry 200 pictures from my tear down and none are very clear but you can kinda see on that one...

IMG_1292 (resized).JPGIMG_1292 (resized).JPG

#3310 6 years ago

Yup, over the outhole kicker

tor-01 (resized).JPGtor-01 (resized).JPG

#3311 6 years ago

Thanks guys much appreciated.

#3312 6 years ago

Not only is this game somehat of a pain to tear all the way down and shop out, trying to source parts seems to be the biggest pain in the backside. So far I'm over $1500 in parts to get my pin up and looking sharp and I still have parts to buy. Here's a quick pic of what I'm working with.

IMG_2164 (resized).JPGIMG_2164 (resized).JPG

#3313 6 years ago

Use a boat plastic cleaner spray. Let it sit for a minute and then wipe off. My machine was about the same in a lot of places. It was effortless to get it off. I'm almost done. Finished up the pop bumpers recently with new lamp leads etc.

IMG_1215 (resized).JPGIMG_1215 (resized).JPG

#3314 6 years ago

Hello,
I can't find insert decal set. Do you know any good source?

Thanks!

#3315 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello,
I can't find insert decal set. Do you know any good source?
Thanks!

Did you try Marco Specialties?

#3316 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Not only is this game somehat of a pain to tear all the way down and shop out, trying to source parts seems to be the biggest pain in the backside. So far I'm over $1500 in parts to get my pin up and looking sharp and I still have parts to buy. Here's a quick pic of what I'm working with.

$1500!! Holy cow. What did you have to replace? When I shopped mine last month I had to replace the ball, ball motor, coin door, a couple of plastics and decals, new LEDs and some assorted parts, have work done on the boards... and it was less than $600.

#3317 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Did you try Marco Specialties?

They have many decals for ramps, but not for inserts - or I can't find in the webshop.
Thanks anyway for hint.

#3318 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

$1500!! Holy cow. What did you have to replace? When I shopped mine last month I had to replace the ball, ball motor, coin door, a couple of plastics and decals, new LEDs and some assorted parts, have work done on the boards... and it was less than $600.

New plastics, LEDs, chrome rails, lock bar, legs, hinges and associated hardware, new cab decal, new back box, new soccer ball, new flipper mechs and coils, new star posts and a few other parts so far.

#3319 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

New plastics, LEDs, chrome rails, lock bar, legs, hinges and associated hardware, new cab decal, new back box, new soccer ball, new flipper mechs and coils, new star posts and a few other parts so far.

Hard to blame the man who loves
a challenge.

#3320 6 years ago

I am looking for a new soccer ball. Please PM me if you have one you would sell.

#3321 6 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I am looking for a new soccer ball. Please PM me if you have one you would sell.

Little shop of games has them in Stock I believe.

#3322 6 years ago

Any one have a scan of the referees full butt? Id love to get her back side looking proper.

27298d5d3f2063c7f77c6c1ece320a06d46042d1 (resized).jpg27298d5d3f2063c7f77c6c1ece320a06d46042d1 (resized).jpg

#3323 6 years ago

Full butt? Or the 'play in control' area you have pictured?
In either case, send me a PM. I can hook you up.

#3324 6 years ago

Pm sent. I cant wait to get her looking great again.

#3325 6 years ago

Hot on the left....... Not on the right. Lol Not sure what Bally was thinking leaving her all wrinkled up, even her hands look old.

107d323af769c7921e6fd3cde8b7decf94813f03 (resized).png107d323af769c7921e6fd3cde8b7decf94813f03 (resized).png

#3326 6 years ago

I'm looking for the part number of this post circled here. Or length/diameter.
I need to replace it since min was rusted and the screw holding the ramp broke off in the threads.

gld6ckC (resized).jpggld6ckC (resized).jpg

#3327 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

I need to replace it since min was rusted and the screw holding the ramp broke off in the threads.

It's one of these:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=world+cup+soccer+hex+spacer

#3328 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

I couldn't find the right length hex version anywhere so I shoved a round one there. Problem is I cannot remember which one was the right height. Haha.

#3329 6 years ago

lol, let me know if you find out. I will measure it, but I have no clue about threads or screw that goes in.

#3330 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

lol, let me know if you find out. I will measure it, but I have no clue about threads or screw that goes in.

Well that's the part I do know. 8-32 screw goes into it. 10-32 is the bottom part that goes through the playfield.

#3331 6 years ago

Thank you, and I'll be damned if the hex post wasn't in the manual. I must've missed it last time. Unfortunately, my local store don't have it in stock so I will have to order from Germany or something.

hexpost (resized).pnghexpost (resized).png

#3332 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Thank you, and I'll be damned if the hex post wasn't in the manual. I must've missed it last time.

Great find. Hopefully one of the suppliers has them.

#3333 6 years ago

In your case the 2.96" is probably better. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4765-19

5 bucks...wow.

#3334 6 years ago

Hey guys, ran into an odd issue with my WC. Just recently left lane ball drains are occasionally getting stuck between the rubber post and the kickback device. I lifted up the board to try and get a look at the kickback but it looks like it's just one large mechanical piece that appears to be hard to mess with. It looks like maybe it shifted to the right a bit from where it is supposed to sit? Just wondering if anyone else ran into this issue. Balls with decent speed usually drain, but a slow one will get stuck right between the post to the right of that rollover and the plastic casing on the kickback. I'm thinking I might just shave off a little bit of the rubber post rather than try and fix the kickback's positioning.
8c5fd8d4-e5fe-4de4-9a0e-8c2e563b26a7 (resized).jpg8c5fd8d4-e5fe-4de4-9a0e-8c2e563b26a7 (resized).jpg

#3335 6 years ago

Anyone considering selling pm me, looking for one to introduce my 3 y.o. to pinball on!

1 week later
#3336 6 years ago

I did a playfield swap on my WCS, and I'm now working through miscellaneous bugs. There's one that has me stumped.

The 7-Switch Opto PCB to the right of the flippers has a connector J3. J3-1 and J3-3 (Gray/Yellow and Black, respectively) branch off a Z-connector and end in a 4-pin IDC connector. The manual says these wires are supposed to connect to J116-2 and J116-3, respectively, on the power driver PCB. J116 is currently connected to the power driver PCB, and it is wired per the manual using the correct wire colours.

I cannot find where to connect these two together. You would think there would be an errant IDC connector laying around in the cabinet somewhere to complete the circuit.

Can anyone help me out?

#3337 6 years ago

Check out this massive teardown album user Mattmarr made. Maybe you will find what you need.

http://imgur.com/a/HFcGH

1 week later
#3338 6 years ago

Hey guys I think I know the answer for this one, but I'd like s second and third opinion. My goal through optos registers by them selves at times, and some times by vibration (ie in sync with bumpers and vuk action). They also seem to register as they should during game play and in single switch test. In switch test i can't make other switches to register for the goal through to when pressed. I have removed the solder and resoldered both the transmitter and the receiver. (see attached video clip, the first registered switch change is by its own device, then by me breaking the beam and lastly by vibration of the bumper action.

I would believe that either transmitter, receiver or both are intermittent. Or should I look for another csuse?

cheers
/mima

#3339 6 years ago

Intermittent behavior is almost always exclusively by something loose. Seldom its a failing component.

You have resoldered them. Good. Now try reseating switch matrix connectors on CPU board. Spray them with electro clean and let it dry before. Also inspect the male connector pins on the board also. Try reflowing them with new solder also.

#3340 6 years ago

Not just MPU, but the opto board as well.

#3341 6 years ago

Been spending some time on this one lately, it's the wife's favorite but I never really gave it any time. Went through it, fixed a bad switch on the kick back lane, leveled and waxed it and I'm kinda surprised how fun it really is.

Making my way through the thread for ideas but does anyone have any quick mods or tips they'd suggest?

#3342 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Making my way through the thread for ideas but does anyone have any quick mods or tips they'd suggest?

A new spinning rubber ball, really give the pinball some spin and looks great.

I'm super happy after hooking it up to a sub-woofer, the music has a good bass and the (extra ball) thunder has a great rumble.

#3343 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

A new spinning rubber ball, really give the pinball some spin and looks great.
I'm super happy after hooking it up to a sub-woofer, the music has a good bass and the (extra ball) thunder has a great rumble.

Thanks pinballdork!

I replaced the ball and the motor about 10 years back, and it still looks and works great... but get this... I had wired it up backwards and it has been spinning the wrong way all this time!!

Based on what I've seen so far, a rerubber with Cliffy posts and LED conversion is happening. It already has a Pinball Pro in it IIRC and yeah, great sound.

#3344 6 years ago

Anyone have any leads on a new batch of rubber soccer balls? I know they pop up from time to time. Thanks!

#3345 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Thanks pinballdork!
I replaced the ball and the motor about 10 years back, and it still looks and works great... but get this... I had wired it up backwards and it has been spinning the wrong way all this time!!
Based on what I've seen so far, a rerubber with Cliffy posts and LED conversion is happening. It already has a Pinball Pro in it IIRC and yeah, great sound.

I recently played a game with that same issue.

Honestly, it made the game a WHOLE lot harder, with it sending balls QUICKLY down towards the flippers of over the lower playfield; instead of out to the right loop.

When I add this game to my collection, I may actually do that on purpose.

#3346 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

... with it sending balls QUICKLY down towards the flippers of over the lower playfield; instead of out to the right loop.

I always thought it changed directions. I know mine will fling balls down to the flippers sometimes. I guess i need to check mine. So it should rotate clockwise, always?

#3347 6 years ago

Goals lit is clockwise.
Multiball is counter-clockwise I believe

#3348 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Goals lit is clockwise.
Multiball is counter-clockwise I believe

Yah, I believe that's right.

#3349 6 years ago

I have a problem that I can not figure out, please could somebody help ?

WCS94 has 4 balls. When locking balls , 1st ball locka successful 2nd balls does not lock. When the player looses the 2nd ball, the machine searches for a ball (know that there is a ball missing, this ball is in lock mode) . After searching for the ball for a couple of seconds, it then decides to release the ball (1st ball) that was locked

When going through test mode in the program, all switches and sensors indicate as working. The machine does not display any faulty switches

#3350 6 years ago

You're missing a ball
It's a five ball game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 180.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/67?hl=alistaircg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.