(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 170.
#3251 6 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

bobc its a waterslide decal , first time i use it also ;D also first time i used photoshop also made me use my brain a step furder then ever before just make a overlay like bellow picture and keep in mind of lots of things like ball behavior with decal on playfield etc and put a playfield protector over it ..

Thanks!

#3252 6 years ago

Anyone get a weak left flipper when the goal is lit, or ever hear of this or anything similar ? Whenever the goal is lit, the left flipper seems slightly weaker, and the soccer ball seems to slightly slow when the left flipper is used.

#3253 6 years ago

I had the same issue a long time ago. It believe it was the connector on the yellow wire coming off the transformer. I re-seated the connector and it start working properly.

#3254 6 years ago

Does anyone know where this plastic goes?

DSC_0445 (resized).JPGDSC_0445 (resized).JPG

#3255 6 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Does anyone know where this plastic goes?

Attached to the bottom right pop bumper.

20170515_063150 (resized).jpg20170515_063150 (resized).jpg

#3256 6 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Attached to the bottom right pop bumper.

Awesome, thanks.

#3257 6 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

can somebody provide me of a scan 300 or 600 dpi from the plastic in the picture 31-1925-21 , thx in advance

pm sent

#3258 6 years ago

I recently picked up a WCS, and it was fairly dirty and had a couple of minor issues. This is my first time stripping a machine down to the playfield! I picked up a newer set of plastics off of eBay, but I still have cracked, scratched and yellow plastics unfortunately. I wish there were new plastics available.

I went with all white GI and generally color matched the controlled lamps. I picked up light blue and purple Titans too. I think it turned out pretty good, very bright and shows off the playfield.

I still have a couple of things to do - I picked up a new soccer ball but I haven't installed it yet, and the soccer ball motor sounds like an R/C car when it spins, it's really, really loud so I have a new one coming. And the coin toss lights were missing a light socket. Oh and if anyone knows where to get another light socket that fits that little coin toss light board please let me know.

If I get brave, maybe I'll try one of those wet decals to fix the huge scratch near the referee's lady bits!

IMG_3018 (resized).JPGIMG_3018 (resized).JPG

IMG_3017 (resized).JPGIMG_3017 (resized).JPG

#3259 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I recently picked up a WCS, and it was fairly dirty and had a couple of minor issues. This is my first time stripping a machine down to the playfield! I picked up a newer set of plastics off of eBay, but I still have cracked, scratched and yellow plastics unfortunately. I wish there were new plastics available.
I went with all white GI and generally color matched the controlled lamps. I picked up light blue and purple Titans too. I think it turned out pretty good, very bright and shows off the playfield.
I still have a couple of things to do - I picked up a new soccer ball but I haven't installed it yet, and the soccer ball motor sounds like an R/C car when it spins, it's really, really loud so I have a new one coming. And the coin toss lights were missing a light socket. Oh and if anyone knows where to get another light socket that fits that little coin toss light board please let me know.
If I get brave, maybe I'll try one of those wet decals to fix the huge scratch near the referee's lady bits!

Congrats! It looks very nice. Where did you get the LEDs from?

#3260 6 years ago

Thanks! The LEDs are 95% Comet and mostly the twin 2835 frosted bulbs, but I had to use about ten Ablaze from pinball life.

RonaldRayGun are you really in Singapore? I was just there last week!

#3261 6 years ago

Brijam Yeah man I'm in Singapore. Hope you enjoyed your stay!

#3262 6 years ago

Hey everyone. Nice to see a thread dedicated to this, since it is currently the only DM game I own. I got an incredibly deal on this machine and as a long time fan decided to go for it. Knowing nothing about repair and upkeep I feel a little overwhelmed when problems appear.

The other day I had things running very smoothly, then all of a sudden a few of the lights went out and a bigger problem of the left pop bumper stopped working. Anyone have any idea what may have caused this? It was working perfectly just the other day.

Sorry for my severe level of ignorance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3263 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I have a similar, just slightly smaller, wear spot like yours. I'm working on a decal to cover it and will let you know how it goes.

#3264 6 years ago
Quoted from KilledByDeath:

The other day I had things running very smoothly, then all of a sudden a few of the lights went out and a bigger problem of the left pop bumper stopped working. Anyone have any idea what may have caused this? It was working perfectly just the other day.

Loose wire on the underside of the pf for the pop bumpers? For the lights, go to the light test and change with a working light, just be careful you don't short anything when the game is on.

#3265 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have a similar, just slightly smaller, wear spot like yours. I'm working on a decal to cover it and will let you know how it goes.

Aw, crap, I knew I forgot something. Check email tonight!

#3266 6 years ago

KilledByDeath for the pop bumper in order of things I would try:

Loose wire under pop bumper
Check if coil is smoked or black
Check fuse F104
Reseat connector J127
Check wires from coils all the way back to board
Check diode on coil
Check transistor

For the lights, I need to know which ones are out. Or you can look at the switch matrix in the manual and see if there is a common row or column for the failures.

If they are related, could be a board problem

#3267 6 years ago

Coyote that's awesome!

#3268 6 years ago

RonaldRayGun I love Singapore! Is there any place to play there?

#3269 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

ronaldraygun I love Singapore! Is there any place to play there?

Causeway Point in Woodland hills area had 3 pins when I was last there 2plus years ago. Spiderman, family guys, ????.

#3270 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

ronaldraygun I love Singapore! Is there any place to play there?

There's a couple of kiddy arcades in the shopping malls to play. Check out the Pin Map on this site for games and locations. No barcades yet though.

#3271 6 years ago

Hi. Anybody wanting to sell their World Cup Soccer pin?

Let me know
Thanks
Darren
562-547-0358

#3272 6 years ago

I'm rebuilding my WCS and am in the final debugging stages. While going through the solenoid check for the first time, I had a small meltdown.

While testing the goalie magna-save, R88 and R89 disintegrated, and immediately the DMD blacked out and now only shows parts of the display in the form of hashed lines. After shutting down and testing, I also found Q52 was bad (Q52, R88 and R89 all have to do with the left slingshot). I've gone through all of the schematics and see no correlation between the goalie magna-save, the left sling and the DMD.

I've replaced the failed components but before I reinstall the driver board I want to be sure that the same thing isn't going to happen again. Does anyone know how these might all be related?

#3273 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm rebuilding my WCS and am in the final debugging stages. While going through the solenoid check for the first time, I had a small meltdown.
While testing the goalie magna-save, R88 and R89 disintegrated, and immediately the DMD blacked out and now only shows parts of the display in the form of hashed lines. After shutting down and testing, I also found Q52 was bad (Q52, R88 and R89 all have to do with the left slingshot). I've gone through all of the schematics and see no correlation between the goalie magna-save, the left sling and the DMD.
I've replaced the failed components but before I reinstall the driver board I want to be sure that the same thing isn't going to happen again. Does anyone know how these might all be related?

Both the magna-save and the slingshots are running on 50VDC, but the magna-save is fed off the fliptronic board and the slingshots are fed off the driver board. However, the fliptronic board is fed 50VAC at J901 coming from the driver board at J104. Did you blow any fuses on the fliptronic board or the driver board?

#3274 6 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Both the magna-save and the slingshots are running on 50VDC, but the magna-save is fed off the fliptronic board and the slingshots are fed off the driver board. However, the fliptronic board is fed 50VAC at J901 coming from the driver board at J104. Did you blow any fuses on the fliptronic board or the driver board?

No, all fuses checked OK

#3275 6 years ago

Replaced the transistor and resistors, had to repair some traces in the process, DMD is toast (luckily I had a spare).

Powered back on and the left sling (the new Q52) fires immediately, so something ain't right.

#3276 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Replaced the transistor and resistors, had to repair some traces in the process, DMD is toast (luckily I had a spare).
Powered back on and the left sling (the new Q52) fires immediately, so something ain't right.

Make sure that the connectors are right.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=World_Cup_Soccer

#3277 6 years ago
Quoted from DarrenNichols:

Hi. Anybody wanting to sell their World Cup Soccer pin?
Let me know
Thanks
Darren
562-547-0358

Mine is in market.

#3278 6 years ago

Brothers, I could use your help here: I'm pulling my hair out here. I've got a bunch of switches not working, but if I unplug J2 on the Opto Switch board (the one that sends +12v out), all the switches start working except for Column 4: goalie switch, left and right goalie optos, goalie trough opto, ball popper opto, and TV popper opto.

1) I've checked ALL the wires and I don't see any shorts, and they are all soldered nicely.
2) I also put in a brand new PindoraBox.com opto board (with new chips) in and still no difference.
3) All the opto transmitters have +12v going to them (actually they read at +13.9v but that shouldn't be an issue right?)
4) Finally, I sent the CPU board in to be examined by none other than johnwartjr who gave it a clean bill of health.

What is going on? If one of the transmitters goes bad, does it take out a bunch of other switches? Is it possible that that's the issue? I'm going bonkers here.

#3279 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

1) I've checked ALL the wires and I don't see any shorts, and they are all soldered nicely.

When you say checked, did you test with a DMM or just visually inspect them? If the latter, do the former.

#3280 6 years ago

And I have an issue too! I'm getting a Ramp Diverter error. Everything else works on the game including both solenoid diverter tests. What do I check?

#3281 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

And I have an issue too! I'm getting a Ramp Diverter error. Everything else works on the game including both solenoid diverter tests. What do I check?

If your diverter works ok: Test your switches on the ramps. Upper left corner and upper right. One of them is probably out.

#3282 6 years ago

Every switch and solenoid works. I'm scratching my head on this one.

#3283 6 years ago

Do a factory reset and see if the problem goes away. Do the ramp switches test correctly (nothing mixed up?)

#3285 6 years ago

Been restoring a wreck for the last 15 months up to a decent level, and today I finished the pop bumpers (my first time for those but I give cred to Vid's guide). The game is ready to be put together and be fine tuned. It has a few pf marks due to someone using too long screws that pierced the pf but oh well. I got the game cheap.

IMG_1215 (resized).JPGIMG_1215 (resized).JPG

#3286 6 years ago

Always nice to see one being restored to its former glory rather than being gutted for parts... or worse...
Nice work also!

#3287 6 years ago

Hi folks, WC94 has always been one of my favorite pins. It was near the top of my wishlist but after starting my collection with GB Pro I wasn't planning on picking up a second one for a while. Cut to a few weeks later when I see fellow pinsider wilsonza posting his lovingly restored WC94 for sale....couldn't resist. Nowwww I'm not going to buy a third for a while this time I swear...unless someone has a High Speed II of course...
IMG_5677.JPGIMG_5677.JPGIMG_5676.JPGIMG_5676.JPG

#3288 6 years ago

Thanks rollitover

This machine was mostly filthy, I mean thousands and thousands of plays without any pf wear except around the holes. We can thank the rubber remains for this. Not to mention it was then stored somewhere cold and damp so a lot of screws got rusty over the years but mostly under the pf. I have posted original pictures a while ago in this thread back when I got it.

What I've done

New flipper bats
New rubbers + superbands
LED lights, mostly white but some added color here and there
New spinning football
New goalkeeper
Several new plastics
New pop bumper assemblies
Rottendog power board
Rottendog fliptronics board
Cliffy on one assist hole
Flame polished ramps
New plunger assembly
New coil sleeves almost everywhere
+ a lot of cleaning and polishing over and under pf

All coils are working but I have several new, plus flipper mechs etc standby. If it aint broken, don't fix it.

#3289 6 years ago

WOW! That's quite the list.
A man dedicated for SURE!

#3290 6 years ago

Thank you, motivation is usually the problem. Or "get the thumb out of my ass" as we say in Sweden. A pro would finish this in a few days, a week tops, while I haven't touched this months apart.

#3291 6 years ago

Just put up my new GC yesterday on tournament settings and no EBs on my twitch stream. Forgot to turn on the damn mic so no sound sorry.

IMG_5964 (resized).PNGIMG_5964 (resized).PNG

#3292 6 years ago

WTB WCS plastic set please pm me if you have one. As long as the plastics are not yellow or broken I would be interested.

#3293 6 years ago

Hi all. I am a SS and therefore WCS newbie. I have an issue with my Lock solenoid and have posted a cry for help here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-newbie-is-this-transistor-toast#post-3815444

Thought it could do harm to ask here too in case someone here recognizes the issue. Prob best to comment on the other thread so I don't have two going.

Thanks!

#3294 6 years ago

I would like to buy a new spinning soccer ball for WCS, willing to pay good money for one. Tell me what ya got!

#3295 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I would like to buy a new spinning soccer ball for WCS, willing to pay good money for one. Tell me what ya got!

Yeah me too, seem like the vendor have them on back order

#3296 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah me too, seem like the vendor have them on back order

Guy on eBay has them for $49.99

#3297 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Just keep checking Marco's website. It says their out of stock on the balls right now, but I think they get more every so often. I myself was looking for a replacement ball, and one day checked their site again and it said it was in stock.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6709

#3298 6 years ago

Had to put my one of my dogs down yesterday.

WCS94 was his favorite and the one he spent the most time under when in action.

#3299 6 years ago

email marco. they have "seconds" at a discount sometimes. i got one at allentown last year for ~$10 i think.

#3300 6 years ago

I emailed Marcos, they said there order but could be Around a month. And the one on eBay kind looks weird to me, that's why I haven't ordered that one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/66?hl=mattmarr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.