(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,824 posts
  • 532 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,425 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200516_113426 (resized).jpg
2290B6B8-C308-4BAB-9A12-0FAE26F1348B (resized).jpeg
FC74C75D-485D-40CA-A9FE-870EFC7BBC56 (resized).jpeg
60D1249C-DF26-4692-820F-C47A6D428D0E (resized).jpeg
5DE8FEED-19E2-4246-869E-6CDAD47C12DE (resized).jpeg
46158500-3802-4408-AE01-5862310E64BC (resized).jpeg
IMG_0340 (resized).jpg
IMG_0338 (resized).jpg
IMG_8231 (resized).JPG
IMG_8232 (resized).JPG
DSC_1980 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 10.39.30 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200502_073154 (2).jpg
Attach52165_20200501_233838 (resized).jpg
Attach52159_20200501_233614 (resized).jpg

There are 5824 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 117.
#3201 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Where are Cliffys readily accessible available for WCS?

Or for the full webpage: http://www.passionforpinball.com/wcs94.htm

#3202 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy a full plastic set?

#3203 3 years ago

I just noticed that there is a game adjustment A.2.34 which is not in the manual. It is called GOALIE CNT. DELAY. Mine was set at about 40 and I changed it to the factory suggested 12. I am wondering if that is a delay between counting goals in the wizard mode. Before I would see a number of shots not count if they were too close together. Now, it almost never misses counting a shot. I am running ROM PX-3 I think. Anyone know what this setting is about?

#3204 3 years ago

Does anyone sell replacement plastics for wcs? I need the one top right "header" plastic

#3206 3 years ago

I'm looking at a WCS next week, anything in particular to look for?

#3207 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I'm looking at a WCS next week, anything in particular to look for?

Look for wear around the scoops and holes, and any other area of normal wear (slings, flipper area, pop bumper areas). Check that both magnets work. Inspect the ramps, make sure they are not broken or cracked. Cabinets also seem to have fade so check that it's not too bad.

#3208 3 years ago

Things mentioned in previous posts are pretty standard to check on any game.

You should always inspect unique aspects like in this case the football rubber, the gearbox and the goalie assembly. Header plastic is almost always shot. Also the long plastic piece next to assist switch, right before the goal. The plastics are expensive for this game.

#3209 3 years ago

mechanically, i think WCS's are usually above average. cosmetically, below average.

#3210 3 years ago

can somebody help me with a 600 dpi scan of the yellow marked area on his wcs94 pinball , why i need it is easy to see , so i can finish of and play this nice table .

thx in advance guys

PTDC0003 (resized).JPG

#3211 3 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

can somebody help me with a 600 dpi scan of the yellow marked area on his wcs94 pinball , why i need it is easy to see , so i can finish of and play this nice table .
thx in advance guys

PM sent

#3212 3 years ago

Can someone forward me a scan of the goalie? Mine is all broken up.

#3213 3 years ago

How well has WCS done on location for everyone? Mine has been solid in a sports bar.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

Nevermind. Found one with a search.

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

thx in advance guys

If hammerhead can't help, let me know!

#3216 3 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Have the ramps been reproduced yet. My left one has a crack in the back side in the curve?

still no word on repro ramps??

how many years has it been now since they were right around the corner, 4?

#3217 3 years ago

Question from a new owner! I defeated France with two balls remaining and then challenged Germany. It still stayed with the two balls and I didn't notice any scoring on Germany's end (it looked like I just had to hit the goal once just like any other match).

When does the actual scoring from Germany occur and the 5 ball multi ball? Am I missing a setting or is that only after you defeat them once?

#3218 3 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Question from a new owner! I defeated France with two balls remaining and then challenged Germany. It still stayed with the two balls and I didn't notice any scoring on Germany's end (it looked like I just had to hit the goal once just like any other match).
When does the actual scoring from Germany occur and the 5 ball multi ball? Am I missing a setting or is that only after you defeat them once?

You have to travel to LA and then hit the scoop to start the wizard mode against Germany.

#3219 3 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

You were in regular multiball. Getting to the World Cup final (five ball multiball) is by traveling all the cities via the left oribit.

#3220 3 years ago

Good to know! I need to keep practicing. Thanks guys!

#3221 3 years ago

Yeah, you were playing "the Final Draw".
As stated, the World Cup Final takes place once you have traveled to L.A.
Then Championship game ensues where-in any goals by Germany are announced.
Too much fun!
If you really enjoy this game, it will be a blast!!!

#3222 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

Same happened to me over a year ago. I just ordered the plastic and the vinyl decal from marco specialties.

#3223 3 years ago

I'm looking for a set of ramp decals for the ramp that is entered from the left. I found a couple on Marco and a couple all the way in Australia, but not all of them. No one seems to have the whole lot. Does anyone have a set or some that they want to sell?

#3224 3 years ago

I have one rollover button/switch/light assembly and 2 NOS ( I believe!) buttons. Free if you pay shipping. Send me a pm.

#3225 3 years ago
Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

I'm looking for a set of ramp decals for the ramp that is entered from the left. I found a couple on Marco and a couple all the way in Australia, but not all of them. No one seems to have the whole lot. Does anyone have a set or some that they want to sell?

Try www.pinball.center

#3226 3 years ago

Even pinball center doesn't have everything. They did have one piece that everyone else was missing, but I tried to order it and it said that "no shipping to this country is possible"?

#3227 3 years ago

My (new to me) WCS is great but I'm encountering a issue where the game powers down mid-game, most often during multi-ball. It shuts itself completely off and then turns back on again. It will know the score I ended with at the point that it shuts off when it comes back on. This seems to occur in 1 out of every 40 or so games.

Any ideas on what I should look into for this issue?

#3228 3 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

My (new to me) WCS is great but I'm encountering a issue where the game powers down mid-game, most often during multi-ball. It shuts itself completely off and then turns back on again. It will know the score I ended with at the point that it shuts off when it comes back on. This seems to occur in 1 out of every 40 or so games.

That's not "turning off and turning on", that's "resetting". Google WPC Reset and you'll find countless articles and tech blogs on how to address it.

#3229 3 years ago
Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

Even pinball center doesn't have everything. They did have one piece that everyone else was missing, but I tried to order it and it said that "no shipping to this country is possible"?

try emailing them, I've ordered from them

#3230 3 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

The re-setting is often due to the 5V supply to the MPU dropping too low. This can be because of bad components on the driver board, or as simple as bad connectors between the driver board and the MPU board. As a first step, try re-seating the connectors between the driver board and the MPU board.

#3231 3 years ago

Reseated a few connectors to try to troubleshoot the resetting issue and anything that seemed loose. Now solenoids are not working; flippers, ball kickouts, etc are not firing in gameplay or test mode. Soccer ball still spins and goalie moves correctly.

Any idea on which connector I might have issues with? I've tried to check anything I can find in the manual related to these but nothing resolves the issue. Haven't checked fuses yet, but that would be a lot of fuses out at once.

Tested with coin door both open and closed, same outcome.

#3232 3 years ago

Your HV interlock switch may have pulled a wire.

If not, check manual, and see the plugs where the common voltage is coming from. The manual is your friend.

#3233 3 years ago

Yep, been going through the manual all day!

Fixed it, ended up being Fuse F112.

#3234 3 years ago

My custom RGB topper mod for my WCS

/mima

#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Yep, been going through the manual all day!
Fixed it, ended up being Fuse F112.

Great. Let us know if the re-setting is resolved.

#3236 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

My custom RGB topper mod for my WCS
ยป YouTube video
/mima

Well done!

#3237 3 years ago

Thanks

#3238 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

How well has WCS done on location for everyone? Mine has been solid in a sports bar.

Mine is middle-of-the-pack-ish. Typically behind GoT/AFM/LOTR/Hobbit/Metallica, but ahead of SM/FH/SoF.

#3239 3 years ago

What's the best way to clean the wireform? Does Autosol work or will it strip the gold colour?

#3240 3 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Great. Let us know if the re-setting is resolved.

I've played about 100 games now since re-seating and have not experienced the reset issue again. Hopefully we are good! Keeping an eye out to see what could've blown that fuse, but otherwise it is working great!

#3241 3 years ago

New issue, two wires appear to be sticking out behind the goalie that are not attached to anything. My guess is that they were soldered to the goalie and came loose.

Any idea what these wires do, or which wire should be resoldered where?

IMG_5755 (resized).JPG

#3242 3 years ago

most likely the switch behind the goalie, quick switch test should show if your goalie still register when it gets hit.

#3243 3 years ago

definitely that is the goalie switch wires. They take a beating with the goalie moving. I've soldered mine at least 3 times since I've had the game. I tried carefully wire tying the wire to the goalie support to minimize the stress on the wire but the wires still have broken. Be really carefully when soldering above the playfield, protect it.

#3244 3 years ago

hammerhead thank you for your help you and me we saved a wcs94 playfield bye bye flipper damage , hole is leveled again with pf , the raster is still a raster no full color , so realy happy with it the little shade from the primer you can not see with the eye also there will be a pf protector on it so even more unseeable , back to building of the pf and bash the hell out of it , thx thx thx

PTDC0003 (resized).JPG

IMG-20170423-WA0000 (resized).jpeg

#3245 3 years ago

Such a fun game. Here is some new translite art.

wcs 2017 V1 PST (resized).jpg

WCS 2017 v2 PST (resized).jpg

WCS 2017 V3 PST (resized).jpg

#3246 3 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

hammerhead thank you for your help you and me we saved a wcs94 playfield bye bye flipper damage , hole is leveled again with pf , the raster is still a raster no full color , so realy happy with it the little shade from the primer you can not see with the eye also there will be a pf protector on it so even more unseeable , back to building of the pf and bash the hell out of it , thx thx thx

Wow! How was that done?

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Such a fun game. Here is some new translite art.

Very nice, can you do a version of the third with many less soccer balls flying around. or maybe tie in the fire ball from the first one and have it fly in front of the girls, burning the girls tops as it flys by.

#3248 3 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

New issue, two wires appear to be sticking out behind the goalie that are not attached to anything. My guess is that they were soldered to the goalie and came loose.
Any idea what these wires do, or which wire should be resoldered where?

This is how it's supposed to be soldered.

#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Wow! How was that done?

bobc its a waterslide decal , first time i use it also ;D also first time i used photoshop also made me use my brain a step furder then ever before just make a overlay like bellow picture and keep in mind of lots of things like ball behavior with decal on playfield etc and put a playfield protector over it ..

#3250 3 years ago

can somebody provide me of a scan 300 or 600 dpi from the plastic in the picture 31-1925-21 , thx in advance

31-1925-21 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 50.00
There are 5824 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 117.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside