(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,889 posts
  • 535 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,443 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200624_131029 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130415 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130403 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130401 (resized).jpg
WCS F6 sm (resized).jpg
pinball cabinet (resized).jpeg
D3C7AF9D-7413-4F18-8AB3-BA3F2494B19D (resized).jpeg
C5992A00-798C-4606-8F7C-BB016865EF58 (resized).jpeg
D94BDEA1-33D9-4125-A1A6-BE767736DED9 (resized).jpeg
RzkN41B (resized).jpg
20200605_214333 (resized).jpg
20200603_223413 (resized).jpg
20200603_223407 (resized).jpg
20200603_223403 (resized).jpg
20200529_200952 (resized).jpg

There are 5889 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 118.
#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Hey all, I finally got around to fixing this. Does anyone know how the diode runs across the lamp socket? Using the orientation and colors in my picture, does it run from red wire terminal to the yellow wire terminal with the white band on the yellow terminal side? Or does someone have a picture of theirs wired up? Thanks in advance for the help.

Let me know if that helps, part of a picture during my tear down
Capture (resized).JPG

#2902 3 years ago

Ok cool the diverter plunger is longer then most plungers of similar applications which makes it special in a way, shorter plungers make the diverter divert temporarily because it just doesn't have the ability to stay put through the entire energizing sequence.

That's different from not being able to throw the ball through the ramp and lock mech. Either way we all know not getting that ball up the ramp could be a frustrating drain. A good shot the ball should go around the hairpin turn.

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Let me know if that helps, part of a picture during my tear down

Ah, that is perfect. It didn't make sense to me to run a diode between the two socket terminals, but I wasn't sure what would hold the diode if I just put it inline with the red terminal, now I see. Thank you very much!

#2904 3 years ago

When you make a left ramp shot diverted to the left does your ball bounce backwards a little when dropping down to the ramp lane below? I've tried adjusting the metal piece where it drops down to the lower ramp plastic but cannot get it so it keeps it's momentum going forward when dropping down. I've seen Jack Danger's stream of WCS and the shot flowed much better than mine. Just makes that shot a bit slow returning to the left flipper or hitting the lock.

#2905 3 years ago

Double check the table angle is at least 6 degrees. Gravity is your friend with that particular ramp arrangement.

#2906 3 years ago

I can post some pictures if you want to check all the parts match.

#2907 3 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Double check the table angle is at least 6 degrees. Gravity is your friend with that particular ramp arrangement.

Pitch is probably greater than 6. I have the back legs up almost as high as they go and the front are all the way down. It plays fast.

I don't think any pieces are wrong or missing, but any pics are welcome!

#2908 3 years ago

Too steep will cause that to happen as well.

It's easy to check your incline.

Have a smart phone? Android OR Apple?
Go to the store, get an inclinometer app, and place the phone on the playfield, see what it reads. 6.5 is what games are designed for, I run between 6.5 and 7.0 depending on the game.

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Too steep will cause that to happen as well.
It's easy to check your incline.
Have a smart phone? Android OR Apple?
Go to the store, get an inclinometer app, and place the phone on the playfield, see what it reads. 6.5 is what games are designed for, I run between 6.5 and 7.0 depending on the game.

I was about to say the same thing, it seems like this happens to me when I have the game faster. I just finished a topside teardown last night and after cleaning and waxing everything, plus new balls, I was having it happen. Even when I just do a light cleaning with Novus 1 I'll see it more. Goes away as I play it more and things slow down.

I figured you are just getting more rebound/bounce off the end of the top ramp when you've got a clean (or steep) game with the ball flying around.

#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

I figured you are just getting more rebound/bounce off the end of the top ramp when you've got a clean (or steep) game with the ball flying around.

I believe that's what is happening, actually. That top u-turn is so sharp, that if the ball isn't against the right side of the ramp going up, it will hit the u-turn, lose momentum, and bounce back, hitting the closer wall/point of the curve, and then roll back down. A steeper angle to the playfield would cause the ball to hit and lose momentum more, giving it a better chance to roll back down.

Having said that - this is one of the FEW games I love faster than snotI would probably be that one owner that would live with the bounce-backs to enjoy the fast game.

#2911 3 years ago

I thought that dog looked familiar... saw an old Quickdraw McGraw cartoon and Augie Dog and Doggie Daddy look a lot like the soccer dog on this machine. Anyone agree?

wcs94 (resized).jpg

Augie_Doggie_and_Doggie_Daddy_(title_card) (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2912 3 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Has this been solved? Of all 2000 posts this is the most interesting really. I'm staring at WCS trying to figure out what your problem is

My solution was to use nylon washers on top of the ramp, and under the table, to remove the "play" of the rod. The orientation of that goofy spring between the flange arm and the solenoid pin is a wonky design, but if you orient the pin correctly, it works good enough. Also, there is the recoil spring on the solenoid, and cleaning the pin and sleeve.

Mine works flawlessly, and it has not gotten stuck since, except for when the ball launches up onto the ramp, and gets stuck behind the diverter rolling back down. However, once the machine notices the ball is missing, it eventually actuates the diverter (unfortunately, it does this at the very end of the sequence).

#2913 3 years ago

still talking about the divertor?

i have no problems here; i wish i could say that for my other pins. all i did was cut a ~1/4" off a black post rubber, cut a verticle slit it in, then "clamped" it right under the factory metal clamp on the top side of the divertor assembly, right above the ramp hole.

#2914 3 years ago

Just finished up a topside teardown and thank you to everyone for helping out with my wiring questions. I now have a Striker billboard and no longer have a credit dot. Besides the cleaning/waxing, I put on a new plastic set from CPR, Titan rings throughout, and carbon fiber Cliffy's on the saucers. I also want to send out a special thank you to PinballBulbs for sending me the soccer ball stencil for the speaker grills, they look very cool in person. Now it's time to get back to playing!

DSC_0038 (resized).JPG
DSC_1093 (resized).JPG
DSC_1736 (resized).JPG

DSC_0020 (resized).JPG

#2915 3 years ago

bingo!

1 week later
#2916 3 years ago

Hi WCS-friends. I bought a beater a couple of months ago and am currently obsessed with trying to make it look, feel and play nice.
Not doing a restoration,but more of a pretty advanced and detailed shop-job. And i need some help badly! One (of many) wrongs on this machine was that it was missing a spacer-post and a bracket at the end of the right ramp
wcs1 (resized).png (image is borrowed from a fully functional game)

What is the length of the hex-spacer?
And what part number has the "bounce-off" bracket?

Super grateful for swift help on this.
Cheers
/mima

#2917 3 years ago

The post is 1 1/2 inches. not sure on the part #

#2918 3 years ago

thanks!

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

What is the length of the hex-spacer?
And what part number has the "bounce-off" bracket?

I couldn't find the bracket anywhere... I went to home depot, bought a corner bracket, filled one side with filler, sanded flat then prime/painted metallic... good enough!

#2920 3 years ago

Hi friends! As usual when working with the machines one never has enough photos, or exactly the right ones.... Therefore I need some help identifying what goes where in a few places. And a question about function that I didn't pay enough attention to when taking the playfield apart...

What goes in the circled holes?

And, what is the proper function of the lane by the ball? The lower gate binds in both directions, and the upper gate binds downwards. What if a ball enters between the ball and tge lower right bumber? No way out... What am I missing here?

Super greatful for any help /images covering these questions...

Cheers
Mima

sketch-1478456453964.png

sketch-1478456558644.png

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Hi friends! As usual when working with the machines one never has enough photos, or exactly the right ones.... Therefore I need some help identifying what goes where in a few places. And a question about function that I didn't pay enough attention to when taking the playfield apart...
What goes in the circled holes?
And, what is the proper function of the lane by the ball? The lower gate binds in both directions, and the upper gate binds downwards. What if a ball enters between the ball and tge lower right bumber? No way out... What am I missing here?
Super greatful for any help /images covering these questions...
Cheers
Mima

Top picture going from top to bottom is one side of the ball gate, star post, and star post. Bottom picture going from top to bottom is a star post and then a post with a white nylon sleeve. I had a toug time getting a picture of that last one, and it is the lock washer and machine screw just to the right of where the billboard is attached in my picture. I have some pics of when I did a tear down on another device. If what I sent isn't clear, just let me know and I can check those.

20161106_141737 (resized).jpg
20161106_141954 (resized).jpg
20161106_141904 (resized).jpg
20161106_142126 (resized).jpg

#2922 3 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Top picture going from top to bottom is one side of the ball gate, star post, and star post. Bottom picture going from top to bottom is a star post and then a post with a white nylon sleeve. I had a toug time getting a picture of that last one, and it is the lock washer and machine screw just to the right of where the billboard is attached in my picture. I have some pics of when I did a tear down on another device. If what I sent isn't clear, just let me know and I can check those.

Kudos!

Seems like I have a few wrongs here
Still, Could the ball get in to that outlane between the spinning football and the lower bumper? If so, how does it get out since the lower gate is blocked?
lane (resized).png

/mima

#2923 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Kudos!
Seems like I have a few wrongs here
Still, Could the ball get in to that outlane between the spinning football and the lower bumper? If so, how does it get out since the lower gate is blocked?
/mima

I believe the bottom gate is free in both directions.

#2924 3 years ago

Where should I begin looking to find what's causing the 906 bulbs in the backbox to glow and lock on super bright and super hot? Playfield flashers works fine.

Right now I need to keep all the flashers out of the backbox and sometimes plugging in a 906 bulb will cause a coil or coils on the playfield to activate. Not sure which coils because I don't want to keep a bulb in too long. Pretty sure those flashers are what caused my J120 connector to melt (backbox gi bulbs).

Edit - I posted before without thinking too much into it. Now that I have, I'll check the transistor that controls those backbox flashers.

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I believe the bottom gate is free in both directions.

Actually it's a one way gate, however looking closely at mattmarrs photo I realized that my gate was in fact flipped around. But it still would not open, so I adjusted the ball stop at the kick-out by turning it slightly to the left. Now the gate opens and no risc of a ball trap.

Cheers

DSC_0016 (resized).JPG

#2926 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Actually it's a one way gate, however looking closely at mattmarrs photo I realized that my gate was in fact flipped around. But it still would not open, so I adjusted the ball stop at the kick-out by turning it slightly to the left. Now the gate opens and no risc of a ball trap.
Cheers

Huh! That's actually good to know - I always thought it was two-way..!

#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Cheers

Glad I could help. As a heads up while you have everything apart, the screw holes for the screws that hold in the metal piece that acts as a backstop for the free kick sauces were pretty blown out on my game. I wound up just putting in a screw that goes all the way through the playfield for some added support. I would have done a machine screw and lock nut, but I was impatient and didn't have one around.

The metal pieces take a fair amout of abuse and will mess up the plastics above them if they become loose. They are also a pain to get too, so if you think they might become a problem, might as well take care of it now. Not sure if anyone else had problems with these pieces, but I wanted to give an FYI just in case.

#2928 3 years ago

I've started experiencing resets when both flippers are used at the same time. This is especially troublesome when capturing balls during multiball. Has anyone else had an issue like this that might be able to help me pinpoint the problem?

#2929 3 years ago

not trying to be smug, but this is really the best resource out there:

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

not trying to be smug, but this is really the best resource out there:
http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

Thanks!

#2932 3 years ago

For those that might be looking for a WCS94, I have one for sale on craigslist in Milwaukee, WI (asking $2800). I'll be adding it to pinside in the next day or two but thought I'd throw a heads up here just in case anyone is looking for one.

#2933 3 years ago

I have two of these for sale...Budweiser 94 Workd Cup Inflatable soccer balls. Has a hook and wire to hang from ceiling. Brand new never inflated. $30 shipped each obo

IMG_5402 (resized).JPG

IMG_5403 (resized).JPG

#2934 3 years ago

Figured I'd link my for sale ad here, just in case anyone is looking...and I've lowered the price.

Archived after 5 days
Sold off Pinside
Machine - For Sale
World Cup Soccer Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “The game is in decent condition and is fully working. The right ramp has been repaired at the end where the ball drops but seems to be a decent repair job. I have the keys for th...”
2016-11-10
Muskego, WI

#2935 3 years ago

I am looking for a set of cabinet decals...actually really only need the front/coin door decal as you can see mine is toast. Please lmk if you might have a spare! Thanks!

2016111095104347 (resized).jpg

#2936 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me what screws are used for the bumper caps? They are not mentioned in the assembly in the manual.
My screws were rusted and some broke off. Thanks

#2937 3 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Can someone please tell me what screws are used for the bumper caps? They are not mentioned in the assembly in the manual.
My screws were rusted and some broke off. Thanks

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4104-01020-08

#2938 3 years ago

Hi friends. I am in dire need of assistance again. My WCS has been in smithereens for way to long now, my memory is failing and I of course don't have photos of these below playfield details... I have 3 connectors that is missing it's spouse... Where do they go?

First is at mid left playfield the gate switch just above the mini playfield (green & white wites) o can't find the corresponding connector below.... .

Second and third connector is on the front right. Close to the ball through. A two wire @ 5 position IDC (black and gray/yellow, key in position 2, next to the black) running of the 12pin IDC z-connector.

Third is next to this coming of the wire harness close by, a 3pin molex with 2 wires (black/brown & red/white)

See attached imsges. Does anyone know? Please show with images.

I would highly appreciate all and any help with these matters

Cheers
/mima

collage-1479152572955.jpg
collage-1479152647274.jpg
DSC_0023.JPG

EDIT: found the green/white switch connector (hidden away) for the mid playfield gate switch. Still confused about the two front right connectors. HEEEELP

EDIT2: I also found that molex connector (blac/brown & red/white). I should fire that moron that's been playing around with the playfield... Hmm wait that's me... Can't do that! Still need some input on the 5pin IDC tough.

#2939 3 years ago

I had a look and that black and grey/yellow connector is just sitting in my machine connected to nothing (like yours)!
My machine is running perfectly with no errors.
Maybe it is meant to be used when adding something like a shaker/working coin mechanism?

20161115_102354 (resized).jpg

#2940 3 years ago

Looks like it's a 12v feed. Where under the playfield (in what area) is it located?
I ask because the proto games had an eddy sensor next to the soccer ball, and it would have needed power.

#2941 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I had a look and that black and grey/yellow connector is just sitting in my machine connected to nothing (like yours)!
My machine is running perfectly with no errors.
Maybe it is meant to be used when adding something like a shaker/working coin mechanism?

Thanks for looking, I think I have a vague memory of recognizing "a loose connector" some where when disassembling. This might be it. Now to the task of understanding why it's there to begin with. Anyone knows?

#2942 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Looks like it's a 12v feed. Where under the playfield (in what area) is it located?
I ask because the proto games had an eddy sensor next to the soccer ball, and it would have needed power.

Front right, close to the ball through. Emerging from the 12pin IDC z-connector

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Towards the right front near the ball trough.

#2944 3 years ago

Thank you, but are you sure? I think my screws where longer and had a type of flat point (not pointy at all) where the threads start.

It's difficult to tell when the scale is off on a picture.

#2945 3 years ago

these things have been slapped together with any parts laying around. never assume you have the original hardware.

#2946 3 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Thank you, but are you sure? I think my screws where longer and had a type of flat point (not pointy at all) where the threads start.
It's difficult to tell when the scale is off on a picture.

I personally have not purchased these, so I don't know. It was just what came up for me through searching.

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I personally have not purchased these, so I don't know. It was just what came up for me through searching.

Alright, thanks.

#2948 3 years ago

Just noticed that my coin toss is missing it's 3 lights! Does anyone have an extra...or know where I might get a hold of part A-18495 3-lamp PCB?
Also I am not sure why but previous owner unplugged the knocker in the back box. I can't seem to locate the harness that originally plugged into it. Any info would help! Thanks!!

#2949 3 years ago

I have bought a new header plastic. How do I take the striker sign (with the bulb) off and reattach it to the header plastic? The old header plastic was in three pieces.

Looks like its mounted with a rivet? How would one remove and reattach it to the new plastic without rivet tools? The signs metal base has still an old piece of the header plastic attached to it.

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

I have bought a new header plastic. How do I take the striker sign (with the bulb) off and reattach it to the header plastic? The old header plastic was in three pieces.
Looks like its mounted with a rivet? How would one remove and reattach it to the new plastic without rivet tools? The signs metal base has still an old piece of the header plastic attached to it.

You can drill out the rivet, or use a dremel to grind off the back of the rivet using a cutting wheel.

In terms of putting the new one on, there are some good tools out there. If you plan on doing riveting going forward, Pinrestore has a rivet press (although it's out of stock now): http://pinrestore.com/Riveting.html

I also like Action Pinball's tool, although it's not best for riveting things with tall walls like ramps - for those, use the press.
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=RIVSET1

For a cheap one-off solution, PinBits sells a pressless riveting kit: https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=72&zenid=3478a7a06cfebf2f4fbe13199bb9ecef

Might also be worth asking pinheads in your immediate area if they have tools. If you're in the DC area let me know and I can help.

Here's a demo by someone doing WCS riveting: http://home.earthlink.net/~billg4me/pinball/rivet/

Good luck-

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Portage, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 5889 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 118.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside