(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 170.
#2701 7 years ago

This is the bushing I used with a washer also but my game is at another location so I don't have a picture of it

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2702 7 years ago

Used "dleasman's" excellent idea of installing white LED strips above the stadium light decals in the back of the game. I already had a pair of Comet 6 LED strips in my parts, so I quickly wired them up to GI and it looks FANTASTIC! Actually looks like those decals are real lights and it give much needed light in the back corners.

Will look even better once I shop the topside of the playfield and get those ramps sparkly clean.

20160811_130226_(resized).jpg20160811_130226_(resized).jpg

#2703 7 years ago

you using a red or orange condom for the striker kickout bulb?

#2704 7 years ago

What is that, the Striker hideout hole to the right of the goal? There's a red one on that bulb, which is how I got it.

#2705 7 years ago

It's supposed to be red, AFAIK..

#2706 7 years ago

okay, great; ty. yeah, i have mental issues. everything's gotta be perfect.

#2707 7 years ago

I just finished up my WCS about a month ago.... The LEDs don't come through well in this pic, as they arent as bright as the pics shows them, but I wanted to brighten up the goal area and the pops......

I have a full teardown gallery here- http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=990 if anyone ever needs any reference photos.

IMG_20160728_245813643_HDR_(resized).jpgIMG_20160728_245813643_HDR_(resized).jpg

#2708 7 years ago

i like this game...

#2709 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Some fresh gold goodies came in today!!!

Nice! Where did you order them from?
I see the set on twistedquarter for 120$, but didn't see them elsewhere. Thanks

#2710 7 years ago

Question. Is it a normal shooter rod with rubber on the tip in WCS? I don't have rubber on my shooter and the end of the rod is totally flat.

Edit - didn't mean to send this message until I checked the manual. Guys, I gotta send you a pic of this shooter rod that is totally pancaked.

#2711 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Question. Is it a normal shooter rod with rubber on the tip in WCS? I don't have rubber on my shooter and the end of the rod is totally flat.
Edit - didn't mean to send this message until I checked the manual. Guys, I gotta send you a pic of this shooter rod that is totally pancaked.

Man, gotta take care of that, pronto!!! Hopefully, didn't mushroom the end of the rod....and new balls are in order too, if you've played too many games with it like that.....

#2712 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah, no difference. Get a rubber on there before you nick up the balls something bed.

#2713 7 years ago

I just made a new shooter rod. I had a new blank rod and I drilled a 3/8" hole in a soccer foosball. Add epoxy and fit the rod in and let it set.

But do you believe I don't have a shooter rod rubber tip?!? Added to the parts list.

The balls will all be replaced when I shop the topside of the playfield.

#2714 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, gotta take care of that, pronto!!! Hopefully, didn't mushroom the end of the rod....and new balls are in order too, if you've played too many games with it like that.....

Just got the game and it was fresh off route. Lots of games were played with it. I'll take pics later when I installed the new rod. I've personally never seen a rod this bad.

#2715 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just made a new shooter rod. I had a new blank rod and I drilled a 3/8" hole in a soccer foosball. Add epoxy and fit the rod in and let it set.
But do you believe I don't have a shooter rod rubber tip?!? Added to the parts list.
The balls will all be replaced when I shop the topside of the playfield.

If you need new rubbers in general, the kit comes with a shooter tip, and red flipper rubbers in addition to all the other rubbers needed. I got mine from gameroomguys on ebay, if I recall...

#2716 7 years ago

Can someone take this exact shot. I'm having problems replacing the ramp in it's right place. I'm 95% done my resto.

IMG_1965_(resized).JPGIMG_1965_(resized).JPG

#2717 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Can someone take this exact shot. I'm having problems replacing the ramp in it's right place. I'm 95% done my resto.

is your clear plastic on above your goal? if so, take it off, it sits on top of this ramp when reinstalled. if you put it on first, your ramp pushes against it.

#2718 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

is your clear plastic on above your goal? if so, take it off, it sits on top of this ramp when reinstalled. if you put it on first, your ramp pushes against it.

I've got the bottom ramp installed, then the goal, then this one, the clearence issue seems to happen on the left side of the ramp right behind the soccer target. since the pinbits protector is anout 1/8" in seems to push everything up.

#2719 7 years ago

Here you go, let me know if you need any more.

20160813_194852_(resized).jpg20160813_194852_(resized).jpg

20160813_194841_(resized).jpg20160813_194841_(resized).jpg

20160813_194900_(resized).jpg20160813_194900_(resized).jpg

#2720 7 years ago

I just order those same decals for the standup targets. They look really nice.

#2721 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

If you need new rubbers in general, the kit comes with a shooter tip, and red flipper rubbers in addition to all the other rubbers needed. I got mine from gameroomguys on ebay, if I recall...

Of course I have every rubber I need except the shooter tip.

#2722 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Here you go, let me know if you need any more.

That's what I've got so I'm thinking the pin its protectors thickness is the issue

#2723 7 years ago

What protectors are you using? Not sure what to look for in your pic.

#2724 7 years ago

The pinbits protectors are roughly 1/8" thick. They sit under all the plastics on the game. Since the plastics run on the left and right of the ramp entrance, the additional thickness added prevents the ramp from sitting flush on the playfield because the ramp edges sit on the plastics. I ended up using longer screws. The metal flap is sitting on the playfield so I think we're good

#2725 7 years ago

Those yellow post sleeves are way to long. They shouldn't be exceeding the length of the metal posts.

#2726 7 years ago

Figure this is the place to ask - should I pick this up? Says there's cracked ramps. Are there replacements available? Thanks!

hartford.craigslist.org link

#2727 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Figure this is the place to ask - should I pick this up? Says there's cracked ramps. Are there replacements available? Thanks!

You can find 2 of the ramps in Australia, one of them is at marcos. You'll need a new ball. I would ask for more detailed shots or if you are close go see it before you buy it.

#2728 7 years ago

For that price you shouldn't even have to shop the game, let alone replace the ramps. LEDs should also be installed along with a new ball if one was needed.

#2729 7 years ago

Yeah, might have to hold off at this price or see if the price is negotiable.

#2730 7 years ago

Most wcs ramps have some cracks and things so i probably wldnt worry about that as both ramps have metal protectors at the entrances. But for that price it sld be pretty nice with leds . No playfield wear and freshly shopped.
If your interested in gonna b selling mine which is completely torn down at the moment going threw a refurb it has a beautiful unfaded cab and super nice playfield. Im adding carbon fiber cliffys set to protect the super nice saucers and kickout. Also leds and some other stuff. I will be bringing to york if not sold beforehand and it will be around 2500 after im done.

#2731 7 years ago

20160726_094344_(resized).jpg20160726_094344_(resized).jpg20160702_095851_(resized).jpg20160702_095851_(resized).jpg

#2732 7 years ago

Need help on two small issues while shopping out my game:

1) the three lights for corner kick / kickback. Top and bottom lights not working. Put in new bulbs and new sockets. Neither one fixed issue. Do I need a new light board? If so, where do I purchase?

2) game shows drain while ball in play and kicks out extra balls into shooter lane. I cleaned all the optos and it seemed to work fine. Then started doing again. Magnetized balls perhaps? Other issue to consider?

#2733 7 years ago

hi guys if you have to choose between world cup soccer and the getaway both in nice condition at the same price what would you choose

#2734 7 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

hi guys if you have to choose between world cup soccer and the getaway both in nice condition at the same price what would you choose

i own both, i like both, maybe WCS a little more. Now, for the average jabroni that wonders into my basement, WCS hands down.

#2735 7 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

1) the three lights for corner kick / kickback. Top and bottom lights not working. Put in new bulbs and new sockets. Neither one fixed issue. Do I need a new light board? If so, where do I purchase?

same issue on my FT. when i first turn the game on, it's fine. after it warms up a bit, i lose the bottom light. i think it's something with the connector.

#2736 7 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Both? I wouldn't trade my WCS for a Getaway. I don't really get the love for that game though. Grab WCS then get a HS on the cheap.

#2737 7 years ago

2) game shows drain while ball in play and kicks out extra balls into shooter lane. I cleaned all the optos and it seemed to work fine. Then started doing again. Magnetized balls perhaps? Other issue to consider?

Have you checked the optos using your camera on your phone? If you have an iPhone you may have to use the front facing. I had a nagging opto issue that was driving me insane. As it turns out one opto would appear to be fine and then would dim or go completely out when flippers were engaged or due to vibrations.

#2738 7 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

WCS all day

#2739 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Are there replacements available? Thanks!

WCS ramps are supposedly one of the next set of ramps to be run by Starship Fantasy. I've been waiting patiently for quite some time. Hoping that they'll be done soon.

#2740 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

WCS ramps are supposedly one of the next set of ramps to be run by Starship Fantasy. I've been waiting patiently for quite some time. Hoping that they'll be done soon.

Great news if true. All I need is the upper left large ramp and they can have my money right now lol.

#2741 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Great news if true. All I need is the upper left large ramp and they can have my money right now lol.

To be fair, that's been the story for at least a year now.

#2742 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

Just like bsd ramps also lol. Only time will tell for both

#2743 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Have you checked the optos using your camera on your phone? If you have an iPhone you may have to use the front facing. I had a nagging opto issue that was driving me insane. As it turns out one opto would appear to be fine and then would dim or go completely out when flippers were engaged or due to vibrations.

How does one do that? Any links to instructions?

#2744 7 years ago

How does one do that? Any links to instructions?

Turn phone on. Run camera app. Aim camera at emitters (white mounting bodies). If the LESs look white like they're on, or glowing (depending on phone camera), it's probably good.

#2745 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Turn phone on. Run camera app. Aim camera at emitters (white mounting bodies). If the LESs look white like they're on, or glowing (depending on phone camera), it's probably good.

You can unscrew the trough board as well to get an easier look at them. On my galaxy they emit pinkish light.

#2746 7 years ago

Regarding new WCS ramps, before he sold his company to Starship Fantasy, James had said that WCS ramps were at the top of his list. I think that was about 2 years ago. I am happy that Starship Fantasy is continuing the ramps business, but have they produced ramps for any new games since taking over?

#2747 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just like bsd ramps also lol. Only time will tell for both

Member Freeplay40 has already said that he would do the WCS ramps no problem if he had a large enough setup. It will be coming soon though, and when he says he will do something he actually follows through in a timely manner. If you need the BSD ramp and can get enough people together that want it, and it will fit his set up he will run them.

#2748 7 years ago

Issue 1: cracked solder joints on the light board with those bulbs? I had a similar issue with mine and reflowing the solder fixed it right up.

#2749 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Does anyone actually use the Magna Save feature? If so, when?

I use it at a couple different times.

The first is during single ball play, if I have a half ramp shot on the left ramp. On my machine, those tend to be screamers SDTM.

The other is during multiball start, I will shoot for goal with the manually plunged ball, and use magna save to get a cradle with the locked ball and the ball coming out from final draw. Then you can get two jackpots before having to cradle separate by hitting the extra ball button after your first jackpot. (Once per multiball you get one free jackpot relight from the EB button.)

I like the person who suggested using it to set yourself up for a striker shot for the extra ball, but I have also found that in that case, a good drop catch out of Final Draw will set you up just as well.

#2750 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Awesome insert cards from a couple pages back.

These are great; I'm going to add them to mine. Can someone recommend good printing procedures / card stock for a professional look?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 159.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.