(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,910 posts
  • 535 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Kevlar51
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,447 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D7372B42-7995-4E43-93B4-274E4D493561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200707_015600 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200706_192738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200706_160418 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_131029 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130415 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130403 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_130401 (resized).jpg
WCS F6 sm (resized).jpg
pinball cabinet (resized).jpeg
D3C7AF9D-7413-4F18-8AB3-BA3F2494B19D (resized).jpeg
C5992A00-798C-4606-8F7C-BB016865EF58 (resized).jpeg
D94BDEA1-33D9-4125-A1A6-BE767736DED9 (resized).jpeg
RzkN41B (resized).jpg
20200605_214333 (resized).jpg

There are 5910 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 119.
#2601 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Mine is red.

thanks. and the ramp gate lights, top to bottom, are red-yellow-yellow, right?

#2602 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

the ramp gate lights, top to bottom, are red-yellow-yellow, right?

Correct

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

thanks. and the ramp gate lights, top to bottom, are red-yellow-yellow, right?

Yes but it makes sense to add a third colour. Also looks better.

#2604 4 years ago

I used red yellow green.

20160706_200239(0)_(resized).jpg

#2605 4 years ago

yeah, i currently have those 3 in the opposite direction. anything that says jackpot should definitely be red, however.

#2606 4 years ago

But it is. Might look orange in the picture but it's actually red in real.

#2607 4 years ago

no doubt. i was commenting on my backwards order.

#2608 4 years ago

making some progress with my playfield touchup:
IMAG0186[1]_(resized).jpg

IMAG0204[1]_(resized).jpg

#2609 4 years ago

sorry, lazy this morning. didn't want to take the glass off.

#2610 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

no doubt. i was commenting on my backwards order.

LOL

#2611 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

sorry, lazy this morning. didn't want to take the glass off.

How did you do it? Just brushed on acrylic paint?

#2612 4 years ago

i removed really crappy brushed on from previous owner, then put my own on with fine point paint markers. worked pretty good. looks so much nicer. i don't need perfection, but felt i deserved better than what was on there.

now i'm debating whether or not to put mylar over it.

#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i removed really crappy brushed on from previous owner, then put my own on with fine point paint markers. worked pretty good. looks so much nicer. i don't need perfection, but felt i deserved better than what was on there.
now i'm debating whether or not to put mylar over it.

U need something or it will wear off easily

#2614 4 years ago

Not really a topic for discussion, but...

Pinball can be a great self esteem builder. Last night, my 10 year old son was feeling down, because his soccer team lost their final match. We were in the basement, playing WCS, and he was not doing well against his mom, making him feel even more down. He decided he would play one more game against me (dad). He beat me! His final score was 2.695 billion, and he beat Germany 5-4. Not only that, it was the first time he ever made it to the World Cup Finals. He was having a pretty good night after that. Gotta love WCS!

#2615 4 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Not really a topic for discussion, but...
Pinball can be a great self esteem builder. Last night, my 10 year old son was feeling down, because his soccer team lost their final match. We were in the basement, playing WCS, and he was not doing well against his mom, making him feel even more down. He decided he would play one more game against me (dad). He beat me! His final score was 2.695 billion, and he beat Germany 5-4. Not only that, it was the first time he ever made it to the World Cup Finals. He was having a pretty good night after that. Gotta love WCS!

One of the best topics for pinball.

#2616 4 years ago

now if i could only get my donkey kong wife to play.

#2617 4 years ago

Ok I'll have to admit this is probably one of the harder restorations I've done. There's a Ton of shit on this game.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2618 4 years ago

Nice looking PF there!

#2619 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Nice looking PF there!

Yeah that looks great! Like the orange pops.

#2620 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So this is the only wpc pin ive ever worked on the used light boards and bayonet bulbs for the gi. Was there a reason for this?

Bump?

#2621 4 years ago

It's what they decided to go with. Honestly, someone made the decision to try it, and they did.

#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's what they decided to go with. Honestly, someone made the decision to try it, and they did.

Is it the only wpc pin that used them?i was just surprised and thrown off ... hopefully i have enough wedge bulbs for this pin lol

#2623 4 years ago

so, I am putting a new plastic set with Pinbits plastic protectors and transparent plastic sets but I am not sure where this guy go...? I keep looking around all the pieces but I don't see where it should go?

WP_20160708_21_15_32_Rich_(resized).jpg

#2624 4 years ago

Almost got it torn down... can wait to noves 2 and wax this thing. Looks good for a first scrubbing and is one the nicer wcs playfields ive seen . 20160709_014554_(resized).jpg20160709_014314_(resized).jpg

#2625 4 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

so, I am putting a new plastic set with Pinbits plastic protectors and transparent plastic sets but I am not sure where this guy go...? I keep looking around all the pieces but I don't see where it should go?

Looks like it goes around one of the pop bumpers judging by the shape of it

#2626 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Looks like it goes around one of the pop bumpers judging by the shape of it

thanks, I am not quite sure where...? I wish Pinbits would have more installation documentation or actually answered email questions...

#2627 4 years ago

just rebuild the left ramp diverter but it still feel sluggish to return to the "non-activated coil" position (when it should be snugging left side of the ramp to divert to the right). Is there some trick to it? Use stronger spring to push the plunger back?

Anything else on the assembly that could be an issue? I do not think I have the C clip at the top but I doubt that is the issue here.

#2628 4 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

just rebuild the left ramp diverter but it still feel sluggish to return to the "non-activated coil" position (when it should be snugging left side of the ramp to divert to the right). Is there some trick to it? Use stronger spring to push the plunger back?
Anything else on the assembly that could be an issue? I do not think I have the C clip at the top but I doubt that is the issue here.

I have the same issue. I read that you need to check that the shaft is not binding to the ramps etc that it passes through. In my case there is no binding but the diverter does not always return. I am considering a stronger spring as well. Or maybe just a new spring, maybe the old one has lost some springiness.

#2629 4 years ago

i made a little rubber c-clamp, probably 1/8th inch, from a black post rubber. i put it under the metal clamp on the topside armature. it lifted the metal clamp off the plastic ramp and improved the action.

#2630 4 years ago

Should the extra ball button have a diode on it? If so, where? I can't seem to find it in the manual.

#2631 4 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Should the extra ball button have a diode on it? If so, where? I can't seem to find it in the manual.

It's on the coin door interface board. Nothing is needed on the switch itself.

#2632 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's on the coin door interface board. Nothing is needed on the switch itself.

Thanks. Reason I asked is I found a diode in the cabinet close to that area and for some reason my Extra Ball Button acts as my Start Button and my Start Button works as my Extra Ball Button. Was hoping that was the solution. This happens in test mode and to start a game. Test mode also says my tilt bob is always closed. If you start a game, the ball kicks into the shooter lane, the goalie starts to move, and the game tilts immediately.

I recently repined the connector at J205 so I rechecked the wires and they look good.

#2633 4 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Thanks. Reason I asked is I found a diode in the cabinet close to that area and for some reason my Extra Ball Button acts as my Start Button and my Start Button works as my Extra Ball Button. Was hoping that was the solution. This happens in test mode and to start a game. Test mode also says my tilt bob is always closed. If you start a game, the ball kicks into the shooter lane, the goalie starts to move, and the game tilts immediately.
I recently repined the connector at J205 so I rechecked the wires and they look good.

Check schematics and other pins on the CDI - it sounds like a plug is off by one. Is your "Always Closed" always closed?

#2634 4 years ago

My WCS94 is missing 2 of the 3 "end of ramp metal L bracket protector". I could not find them on the manual nor on Marcos... Does anyone know what the P/N is or where I could find replacement?

Below is the picture of the only one of the three I have...
1_(resized).jpg

#2635 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Check schematics and other pins on the CDI - it sounds like a plug is off by one. Is your "Always Closed" always closed?

Actually, it's open.
Edit: And it looks like all the wires on the CDI are correct.

#2636 4 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Actually, it's open.
Edit: And it looks like all the wires on the CDI are correct.

Okay - something is off by a pin.

The 'Always Closed' should be, well.. always closed, not the tilt. Since - going by memory here, I could be wrong - the tilt & other buttons connect in different plugs, the only one that houses ALL of them would be the plug heading back to the MPU. Double-check that one..

#2637 3 years ago

Anyone know where to find the left slingshot plastic? I see the right one on eBay, but I need both.

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Anyone know where to find the left slingshot plastic? I see the right one on eBay, but I need both.

same here.

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

I saw both for sale somewhere whenni was looking for random parts for wcs.... ill post the link when i find it

#2640 3 years ago

guys, anybody know the screw size used to mount the divertor arm? i lost one of those little a-holes.

#2641 3 years ago

i need a replacement 3-lamp pcb for the coin toss, too. i can't fix the solder on that damn thing. where do i get that thing?

#2642 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i need a replacement 3-lamp pcb for the coin toss, too. i can't fix the solder on that damn thing. where do i get that thing?

Show a picture of what you are dealing with, I may be able to help as I do extensive pcb repair.

#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Show a picture of what you are dealing with, I may be able to help as I do extensive pcb repair.

I believe its just a socket that needs replaced... its a very simple board as are most pcp's so it sld b easily repairable instead of trying to find one .

#2644 3 years ago

exactly. i just need one of the wedge sockets, probably a new one, resoldered on the board.

#2645 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe its just a socket that needs replaced... its a very simple board as are most pcp's so it sld b easily repairable instead of trying to find one .

That what I was thinking. It's so simple I would have just fixed it for him for free

#2646 3 years ago

IMAG0238[1]_(resized).jpg

#2647 3 years ago

looks like the middle one was "fixed", too.

#2648 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

looks like the middle one was "fixed", too.

There must have been 2 versions of this board. lamps are not angled, they are straight up. Regardless, they all break if you so much as bump them. 2 of mine broke, and I fixed them with a piece of bare, solid copper wire.

FYI: Those side mount #555 sockets can be purchased here:
http://actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=24-8805

#2649 3 years ago

Joining the club next weekend when I make a trade for a WCS that's fresh off route. My wife loves the game and she's looking forward to tearing it down with me and getting it all shined up.

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Joining the club next weekend when I make a trade for a WCS that's fresh off route. My wife loves the game and she's looking forward to tearing it down with me and getting it all shined up.

What are you trading for it? (And what are you going to do about the PF? )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 5910 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 119.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside