(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 170.
#2351 7 years ago

Oh man, I totally want to put lightning flippers on mine now...that's evil.

#2352 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh man, I totally want to put lightning flippers on mine now...that's evil.

Are they different in any way, except for the lightning bolt, and they are yellow instead of white?

#2353 7 years ago

i think they're a little shorter.

#2354 7 years ago

is it possible to run and not screw down the soccer ball? i just got a new one and it wasn't pre-drilled. it feels pretty snug without it.

#2355 7 years ago

Weaverj, I had the same issue with my Marco soccer ball replacement. I posted about this a few pages ago. You don't need to worry about the screw at the top. If you install it around the base plate correctly, it'll work fine without issue.

#2356 7 years ago

Lightning flippers are shorter, yes.

The ball will donfine without the screw. It wont exactly fly off. Just check that it doesnt wobble too much, as some simply will do.

#2357 7 years ago

Speaker stencil just arrived the othe day, can't wait to do those grills up. Thanks PinballBulbs!

#2358 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Diverter solenoid has a return spring on it. There was a lot of detailed discussion about it a couple months back. Reas through pages 42 and 43 of this forum.

yeah, looks like i have all the hardware in there. the diverter gets stuck in the middle of the ramp on occasion. there's slop some where. hmm.

#2359 7 years ago

any brave souls repair plastics by cutting spare pieces and fitting them in broken spots? my right gate ramp ticket sign has a chip missing. wondering if i could cut a piece of a spare plastic i have and filling in the chip. not sure how i would get the color to match at all, however.

#2360 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

any brave souls repair plastics by cutting spare pieces and fitting them in broken spots? my right gate ramp ticket sign has a chip missing. wondering if i could cut a piece of a spare plastic i have and filling in the chip. not sure how i would get the color to match at all, however.

The simple answer is: no
Will never look good. As a matter of fact it will look better as is than trying a cheap repair job. Just try to get a new plastic. www.pinball.center has quite a few.

#2361 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

The diverter gets stuck in the middle of the ramp on occasion. there's slop some where. hmm.

Try using a couple nylon washers on each end (above the ramp, and under the table) and then some teflon/silicone spray on the pivot rod, and all the joints in the linkage, as well as the solenoid pin (I use the struff from DuPont). There is not much to this arm, it's basiclly a low powered flipper, in terms of how it functions.

#2362 7 years ago

okay, i guess being a re-import, it could have oxidized some of the parts in there. i know my lock bar is really stiff.

#2363 7 years ago

where exactly you talking about greasing?
Untitled_(resized).jpgUntitled_(resized).jpg

#2364 7 years ago

In your diagram above, 10d is a metal washer. I recommend that you replace this with a thick, or a couple thin, nylon washers, and once the rod is through the playfield, put another on the bottom before re-attaching the cam (part #8) to the rod. This will help it turn better without binding, and will also raise the diverter off the ramp a little bit so it does not scrape, like it did on mine before I bought it.

#2365 7 years ago

so you're saying the metal washer is a little abrasive, and nylon would have a smoother action? and you're saying "bologna sandwich" the plastic ramp between two of these by adding a washer underneath?

#2366 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

so you're saying the metal washer is a little abrasive, and nylon would have a smoother action? and you're saying "bologna sandwich" the plastic ramp between two of these by adding a washer underneath?

Yes to all. But lubricating all the pivot areas as well.

#2367 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

I got you covered. PM'ed

Came in the mail when I got back from Allentown. Thank you and Cheers to you

#2368 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Yes to all. But lubricating all the pivot areas as well.

pretty sure it's a height issue. when i have the playfield down and i move it to the right, it won't go back to the left the whole way. if i lift up just a little bit on the pivot point, it goes back.

#2369 7 years ago

The diverter shaft passes through ramp the hole in ramp and gets worn and diverter drags on ramp.I found a brass bushing at hardware store to eliminate slop and hold diverter high enough to keep it from dragging and sticking

#2370 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

If i lift up just a little bit on the pivot point, it goes back.

This is why you add the nylon washers... To create enough clearance. Then it will swing either direction with no friction at all. I avoid metal washers where I can. Nylon washers are great for keeping plastics from breaking too, like where the ramps attach to the struts, or the struts attach to the sling shots. Plus, they come in white or black, and blend in. Nylon == Good

#2371 7 years ago

quick fix: cut 1/4 inch off a post rubber, cut a slit, and put it between the metal clamp washer and ramp. works like butter.

#2372 7 years ago

Hey guys, I'm caught up enough with orders if anyone is looking for the stencil for the speakers again. I had about 7 unread PMs requesting it and those got it (if you sent your address, if not i moved on so resend)

If you are looking for one send a PM with name and address please

#2373 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

quick fix: cut 1/4 inch off a post rubber, cut a slit, and put it between the metal clamp washer and ramp. works like butter.

spoke too soon. it passed the game off, hand-use test. not so much during game play. yeah i need something harder than rubber. it's a little sticky.

what is the diverter test suppose to do? go right, go left, go right? mine slaps right and rests far left in one pulse.

#2374 7 years ago

Mini playfield came back today .smooth as glass

WCS_096_(resized).jpgWCS_096_(resized).jpg

#2375 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

it's a little sticky

Nylon washers! Cost only penny's each. And, make sure your solenoid has the recoil spring installed correctly. Plenty of pictures if you read back a few pages.

#2376 7 years ago

Another little mod I did today. Blue scoop light for TV award and red scoop light for final draw. I added two new stand up light sockets and some coloured flex leds (simmilar to the white ones below) to shine inside the scoop.

20160513_162822_(resized).jpg20160513_162822_(resized).jpg

20160513_162906_(resized).jpg20160513_162906_(resized).jpg

20160223_184049_(resized).jpg20160223_184049_(resized).jpg

#2377 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Blue scoop light for TV award and red scoop light for final draw.

I had thought about doing this same thing... I have a bunch of #44 sockets, but only a single, orange flex light. I will have to get a couple brighter red and blue bulbs and do the same.

I like the cut of your jib.

#2378 7 years ago

my drain trough, shooter lane kickout is a bit rough. doesn't always get the balls out. it goes into search mode for a bit, then a ball pops out. coil part # is correct and visual inspection was okay. is there a known issue or is this a little something with all mid-90s wpc's?

#2379 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

my drain trough, shooter lane kickout is a bit rough. doesn't always get the balls out. it goes into search mode for a bit, then a ball pops out. coil part # is correct and visual inspection was okay. is there a known issue or is this a little something with all mid-90s wpc's?

Common problem. Most likely you drain trough optos are dirty/damaged or the entire opto board is faulty. First remove the left and right ball trough opto boards. While still attached to power cables turn on power use your phone camera to see if all the UV leds are working. Turn off power. Second clean the lenses. Third inspect the board for any damage loose solder connections visually and with multi meter.
You can also test the ball trough optos in the test menu but you have to take out the boards anyway to check for damage. That's why I skipped that option.
Report back what you found.

#2380 7 years ago

Start with cleaning. Dirty optos are the problem 9/10 times.

#2381 7 years ago

yeah, this thing is filthy. i'll check them out.

how do you take the start button apart? i assume there's an incandescent in there, since it gets so damn hot. i'd like to replace it.

#2382 7 years ago

i fingered out the start button.

how do you see if the trough opto leds are working? do they light up?

#2383 7 years ago

wish someone would have told me not to mess with these button lights. broke the extra ball contact holder. it's a snap-in piece. my extra start button was a bayonet type, so i was trying to twist the f'n thing. once i get it off, it looks like i need a smaller led than i have. my flat-tops look like they're going to be too big. man, i was screaming and yelling down there.

#2384 7 years ago

My HUO WCS94 had this same problem temporarily. I put a little lube on part 5 in that pic above and haven't had a problem since.

Quoted from pintime:

The diverter shaft passes through ramp the hole in ramp and gets worn and diverter drags on ramp.I found a brass bushing at hardware store to eliminate slop and hold diverter high enough to keep it from dragging and sticking

#2385 7 years ago

Button light are always hell on any game. Some are bayonet, some you just pull and push with a snap. They usually break somehow before you realize which it is. And they are usually old and brittle. My recommendation is to not touch if they work, and yes, sometimes they require a really short led like a superbright or flux.

#2386 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i fingered out the start button.
how do you see if the trough opto leds are working? do they light up?

Already answered for you on post 2379. Mobile phone camera can see UV light.

#2387 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

wish someone would have told me not to mess with these button lights.

I had mentioned before that I recommend that you read this group from the beginning. Things like the ball though and the lights in the buttons have been covered before, along with a lot more useful information. I did this in the beginning, and it really helped me, and kept me from making mistakes. That said, I had trouble with those buton lights as well. I had to dremmel sand the LED bulbs around the outside to get them to fit. They are tricky to get apart if you have not opened one before. And for the ball trough lights, do a switch test. Each of the optos is on the switch matrix. When my trough started acting up, it was actually a broken wire on one of the striker targets, which was in the same "row". The actual problem was far from the trough or opto controller. The switch test revealed that in seconds.

#2388 7 years ago

yeah, i wasn't bitching at you guys, more myself than anyone.

almost time for new thrones!

#2389 7 years ago

Hey guys!! Hopefully I'll be bringing one of these home tomorrow and joining the club. I have a question, what is/are the differences between the standard WCS and the prototype??

#2390 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys!! Hopefully I'll be bringing one of these home tomorrow and joining the club. I have a question, what is/are the differences between the standard WCS and the prototype??

Proto, or sample?

Some differences in Proto to Prod include -
4th Striker target between left ramp & TV scoop.
Outer loop right 2 switches.
Switch on right ramp on drop-thru to pop bumpers.
No aux flags on Boston & DC cities (Hurry up & extra ball)
Earth/World covering bottom of PF is less contrast (no green?)
"Ultra Goalie" lightening insert is "Ultra Ball"
Kickback inserts are numbered.
Large "GOAL" insert is green instead of yellow.

-Mike

#2391 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

You can see differences here:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2811

#2392 7 years ago

Anybody has a picture where all the rubbers go on WCS?
There are no instructions in the manual for this and there are some really similar rubber sizes in the kit.
Hope for a picture, instruction or at least a tip.
Thanks.

#2393 7 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

There are no instructions in the manual for this and there are some really similar rubber sizes in the kit.
Thanks.

I know what you mean. I had purchased a kit with white rubbers, to replace the black ones on my machine. I removed each old one, and put one of the same size back on. However, there is no such thing as an unmodified pinball machine, and posts get changed, or removed. I found that I had left overs that were the wrong sizes for where I needed them. I just ordered some small ones in varying sizes to fill in the gaps. The kit's are not necessarily going to be a perfect match for what you need.

Also, the rings on the double lane above the pop bumpers are tough... You have to remove the ramps to get to them.

#2394 7 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Thanks.

I too am in need of a rubber ring placement chart. I reached out to a possible source and if I get a copy I can send it to you.

#2395 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I too am in need of a rubber ring placement chart. I reached out to a possible source and if I get a copy I can send it to you.

I found these pages, which I received with my kit. I attached as a 2 page PDF. If you download the file and print it, you can see the sizes on page 2, and they should be fairly close to scale. Hopefully, this is what you are looking for.

WCS_Rubber_Locations.pdfWCS_Rubber_Locations.pdf

#2396 7 years ago

A few days ago, I received my 6v led strip from BioBa in Australia (thanks dude!). Basically, there are 3 lights, then contacts, then 3 more lights, then contacts, etc... At that contact point, you can cut, and solder, peel and stick. I used 3 segments (9 lights) for my ball trough. It was super easy to install, and connect to the GI lights on the left slingshot. Many have done this, but in different ways. BioBa was kind enough to sell me long segment for $12, and I have more than enough to do the trough, light the fake lights flanking the top of the play field, and much, much more. There are many colors to choose from, but I decided to go white in this case. This is what the flipper area looks like the strip in the trough:

20160520_104748_(resized).jpg20160520_104748_(resized).jpg

#2397 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

I found these pages, which I received with my kit. I attached as a 2 page PDF. If you download the file and print it, you can see the sizes on page 2, and they should be fairly close to scale. Hopefully, this is what you are looking for.

YES YES YES!!! Thank you!! This is exactly what I was looking for. I messaged PCX on Ebay yesterday actually asking if he would sell me this sheet separate form the rubber set and he said that since I was already a past customer that he would email it to me no problem. I have yet to see it, but all is well now!!! Thanks a ton Dleasman

#2398 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

A few days ago, I received my 6v led strip from BioBa in Australia (thanks dude!). Basically, there are 3 lights, then contacts, then 3 more lights, then contacts, etc... At that contact point, you can cut, and solder, peel and stick. I used 3 segments (9 lights) for my ball trough. It was super easy to install, and connect to the GI lights on the left slingshot. Many have done this, but in different ways. BioBa was kind enough to sell me long segment for $12, and I have more than enough to do the trough, light the fake lights flanking the top of the play field, and much, much more. There are many colors to choose from, but I decided to go white in this case. This is what the flipper area looks like the strip in the trough:

That looks great!!

#2399 7 years ago

So I have had my WCS two days now and I love it. Feels goto acquire another grail. I got bored today and decided to do some 3d printing. I'm going to attempt to do a world cup trophy for the field and a soccer ball shooter knob.

IMG_20160520_135557.jpgIMG_20160520_135557.jpg

IMG_20160520_135539.jpgIMG_20160520_135539.jpg

#2400 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

By the way, I have read allot of people post that some of the rubber kits for this machine that are out are incomplete and are missing rings. Were you able to complete your entire machine with the PCX kit??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,059.00
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/48?hl=in_pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.