(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 170.
#2301 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Indeed they do - thanks for the pointer in that direction.

Good to see they have these back in stock again (they were out for a while).

Just a tip on these... Those vinyl goalie stickers are old, and the adhesive is not exactly fresh. You *might* need to use some spray glue to keep it attached, if your sticker has dried out over the years. I had to lightly sand my plastic with 1000 grit, then use spray adhesive. Keep in mind that the goalie plate is clear plexi. If it looks foggy, then it's because there is still a thin layer of protective plastic that needs to be pealed off.

#2302 7 years ago

Pity the rubber goalie plates (like the one that just dry rotted enough to crack off) aren't made anymore. Thanks for the notes about doing it up right. Cheers!

#2303 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Pity the rubber goalie plates (like the one that just dry rotted enough to crack off) aren't made anymore. Thanks for the notes about doing it up right. Cheers!

The goalie plate from MARCO is actually pretty resilient, and don't believe it's actually just clear acrylic ( has some " bounce" to it)......I had the same worries, and was pleasantly surprised with it's performance....

#2304 7 years ago

I just received one marco goalie target with decal yesterday. Haven't installed it yet, but it looks pretty tough and feels good.

#2305 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

I guess I'll need the size too. If someone gives me the size to cut soccer ball I'll cut them.
Had a few PMs. Shoot me a pm with your address if you want one too please. Not just "I want one "

Damn, I don't check the owners thread for a few days and I miss out on a sweet speaker mod ? That's freaking awesome of you PinballBulbs for sending out the stencil and obviously BioBa, you are the Steve Jobs of soccer-themed pinball speaker mods. A true innovator. Also, MK6PIN, your lighting looks fantastic and I will be stealing that style ASAP and telling everyone that comes by that I am a savant at GI lighting and designed that exact pattern all on my own.

On a final note, is there any shot more satisfying than freaking nailing the Final Draw when you are about to face Germany for the World Cup Finals? Hit that one tonight after a bit of a hiatus from WCS while finishing the game room, many air high fives were thrown out as I played alone in my basement.

#2306 7 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Damn, I don't check the owners thread for a few days and I miss out on a sweet speaker mod ? That's freaking awesome of you PinballBulbs for sending out the stencil and obviously BioBa, you are the Steve Jobs of soccer-themed pinball speaker mods. A true innovator. Also, MK6PIN, your lighting looks fantastic and I will be stealing that style ASAP and telling everyone that comes by that I am a savant at GI lighting and designed that exact pattern all on my own.
On a final note, is there any shot more satisfying than freaking nailing the Final Draw when you are about to face Germany for the World Cup Finals? Hit that one tonight after a bit of a hiatus from WCS while finishing the game room, many air high fives were thrown out as I played alone in my basement.

Wow nobody ever compared me with Steve Jobs but I like it! Next time I have to fill out what my occupation is I'm going to say:
Pinball Modding Legend

#2307 7 years ago

Got my cabinet hardware back from powder coating, looks great !

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2308 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Holy crap, that looks slick!

#2309 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

With mods like this, combined with led lighting, these machines look brand new, like they were manufactured this year!

#2310 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

With mods like this, combined with led lighting, these machines look brand new, like they were manufactured this year!

Thats what i wanted

#2311 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

That looks great. I have been contemplating chrome or black on mine. I believe my decision just got easier.

#2312 7 years ago

Sadly I'm no longer a WCS owner. I sold my machine to a friend. I plan to get another some day soon because this is such a great game! Keep up the cool mods and customizations. I can't wait to do another one!

#2313 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Sadly I'm no longer a WCS owner. I sold my machine to a friend. I plan to get another some day soon because this is such a great game! Keep up the cool mods and customizations. I can't wait to do another one!

WCS is only one of two games I ever decided I had to have back. Yeah, you'll be returning to the club one day.

#2314 7 years ago

After several years of looking for one, I'm finally in on this game. WCS was one of the early games I played as an arcade-goer that really got me into pinball. It might be shallow rules wise, but really, when you compare this game to say...Scared Stiff, you can see what an amazing deal it is. Very similar layouts. Very similar rules in a lot of regards... SS Wizard mode? Shoot the crate, shoot a ramp, repeat. WCS multiball? Shoot the goal, shoot a ramp, repeat. To me, buying a SS is like paying 4 grand for the theme...just doesn't make sense to me.

#2315 7 years ago

Cleaning in progress. Notice the groove in the football. I guess the remains are everywhere in this machine. It looks terrible, but it's mainly just dirty. Rust in some places. This machine was played and enjoyed by many but never serviced.

But...progress is being made allthough slowly. Note that I'm not fully restoring it. I got it cheap. It will be thoroughly cleaned and polished and then played once again. New posts, new rubber, new goalie, new football, some new plastics and Led GI. The rest is cleaning.

Gues what part of the ramp I started cleaning. lol

#2316 7 years ago

I am planing to create a ledboard in the floodlight decals and let them light over a flasher. I think this will turn out great.

#2317 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I am planing to create a ledboard in the floodlight decals and let them light over a flasher. I think this will turn out great.

That's a great idea! Show us your progress.

#2318 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Cleaning in progress. Notice the groove in the football. I guess the remains are everywhere in this machine. It looks terrible, but it's mainly just dirty. Rust in some places. This machine was played and enjoyed by many but never serviced.
But...progress is being made allthough slowly. Note that I'm not fully restoring it. I got it cheap. It will be thoroughly cleaned and polished and then played once again. New posts, new rubber, new goalie, new football, some new plastics and Led GI. The rest is cleaning.
Gues what part of the ramp I started cleaning. lol

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Wow that is FILTHY!!! I hope there are not too many other problems.

#2319 7 years ago

Nothing that can't be fixed. Spent about three hours on this ramp alone.

#2320 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Nothing that can't be fixed. Spent about three hours on this ramp alone.

They look like new again! What sort if cleaning product did you use? I found that car headlight polish works well but you need to use a polishing machine for best results. Its only good for finishing off not for initial cleaning like you did.

#2321 7 years ago

It is a type of polishing wax! It's simply called scratchremoving wax, and is sold by a local reseller, it's their own brand so it's really cheap. It contains a mix of car wax and a soft abrasive and silicone. It really works wonders on plastics, probably on playfields also as it's only removes really fine scratches but I haven't dared to try. I use a boat cleaner (plastic hulls) for PF's from the same brand.

http://www.biltema.se/sv/Bilvard/Exterior-rengoring/Repborttagningsvax-2000019485/

10 USD for 500ml.

#2322 7 years ago

I use Novus 2 and flame polish afterwards, then wax the ramp with the same thing I use on the playfield. Flame polishing isn't really for the weak of heart though, espeically on ramps that aren't replaceable.

#2323 7 years ago

Thanks Bioboa for the speaker mod and pinballbulbs for making and sending out free of charge. You guys are awesome. Will do the mod soon.

#2324 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

Thanks Bioboa for the speaker mod and pinballbulbs for making and sending out free of charge. You guys are awesome. Will do the mod soon.

Echo that! Mine arrived today. Painting planned for tomorrow.

#2328 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

Here here. My decal is in the mail, can't thank these two dudes enough!

#2329 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

Ditto!!!!! Did mine yesterday and looks great!!!!! Many thanks for the amazing goodwill effort..THANK YOU!!!..mark

#2330 7 years ago

It anyone is done with their templates and is willing to pass them on please LMK.

#2331 7 years ago

Did I blow a transistor?

I was swapping out a bulb in the lock lamp socket and the socket leads shorted out and now I lost all the lighting on the left side of the playfield. I checked all the fuses and connections and changed the U 20 chip and it still didn't fix the issue. I posted a pic of my playfield so you can see all the lights that are out and the matrix sheet.

Thanks for the help.

IMG_5866_(resized).JPGIMG_5866_(resized).JPG

IMG_5853_(resized).JPGIMG_5853_(resized).JPG

#2332 7 years ago

Made some mods to my WCS this week. Tried to get them all in on a single photo, so not so spam with images.

The obvious is the soccer ball speaker grills. Thanks again to BioBa for the idea, and a big thanks to PinballBulbs to making the stencils and mailing them out without even asking for anything in return. You guys rock!

The next mod are the soccer ball post toppers at the ramp entrances. Again, these are foosballs mounted on #6 threaded rods that merely replace the bolts that were there.

Next is another GI light. I did not get the one in the picture, but in the ball lock area, there was only one light under the plastic, near the top. I added another right under where it says "lock". I initially thought I had a burned out bulb there, but there was never a light at that point, until I added one.

Last is more GI lighting... Spot lights. You can see one on the upper part of the right slingshot, where the tall metal spacer holds up the ramp, I have mounted a spot, aimed at the skills section of the playfield. It gets power from the skillshot light in the shooter lane. The 2nd spot is at the upper edge of the lock section, aimed towards the upper ramps, where it has always been a bit dark. It gets power from the GI light in the ball area (along with the other light I added under "lock"). The last one you need to look closely, and you can see it because of the angle of the photo. It's on the back of the left ramp billboard, aimed at the area in front of the goalie. You can see it on the right side of the billboard, right of the middle, yellow light. Looking at the machine head on, it is completely concealed behind the plastic. This one gets power from the nearest GI light under the playfield. I think it's the board that holds the lights under the entrance of the left ramp.

The spot lights had nice long lead wires on them, so each one was able to reach another existing GI light for power. Since the amp load on the GI circuits is so greatly reduced by the led conversion, adding a few more is completely safe. I also have better photos of each of the lights, if anyone wants to see them for any reason.

BioBa is sending me some white led strips that will complete the lighting. One will be in the ball drain, lighting the flipper area, and then 2 at the top, one on either side, shining down over the light matrix stickers, making them look like they are actual lights. Others have done this, and it looks really good.

I can't imagine anything else I want on this machine at this point. It looks amazing, and feels like everything has been added that the original design lacked. Now I just have to keep the thing running!

-Dana

20160501_153055_(resized).jpg20160501_153055_(resized).jpg

#2333 7 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Did I blow a transistor?
I was swapping out a bulb in the lock lamp socket and the socket leads shorted out and now I lost all the lighting on the left side of the playfield.

Start with the obvious. There are 5 fuses on a WPC system for GI lighting, each powering a section of lights. Since you shorted, it's lightly likely that you just blew one of them out. Check that first.

If the fuse is not the problem, then I would track the wiring through all the bulbs that went out, to see if one broke loose along the way to the back box. I had a case, when I first got my machine, that lights were out on the RIGHT side of the playfield. It turned out to be one wire (the orange wire) was loose on the connector that plugs into the controller board in the back box.

I think the only way you can really cause damage is if you accidentally short a power lead to one of the switches. At that point, you are almost certain to blow out a chip on the WPC controller board, but I am guessing that did not happen, because you only have a string of lights out.

#2334 7 years ago

Dana your machine looks super nice!! I followed your lead and also placed another GI lamp on the feft side in the front of the lock plastic.
Another little but quite effective mod I did was to replace the all white lamps of the light lock with coloured ones.
I left the lightning white.

20160502_132654_(resized).jpg20160502_132654_(resized).jpg

#2335 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

It anyone is done with their templates and is willing to pass them on please LMK.

I got you covered. PM'ed

#2336 7 years ago

Hi All,

First time poster. I bought a WCS last week from a fellow pinsider making room for a GB LE. This is my first game and I love it. My friends and I literally play for 8 hours at a stretch some times. Grand champion score is only 860M which I know is laughable but we are learning. I already order a complete LED kit for it and my other friends plans on picking up a pinball machine as well, possibly a maverick. We are all hooked. I'm even thinking about adding another one.

#2337 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

I got you covered. PM'ed

I would gladly pass mine on as well. If anyone is interested, PM me, and I can get your address to mail, within the continental US.

#2338 7 years ago

Thinking more about the soccer ball speaker grills... It would have been kinda cool if I could have taken another harwood board, drilled the same size hole, placed the grill over it, and used something like a bowling ball to stretch it into the hole, resulting in a domed speaker grill, looking more like an actual ball coming out of the machine. This would of course, need to be done before painting, as the existing paint would surely chip off in some places. Regardless, I am happy with the result, but this *could* have made it look even better.

#2339 7 years ago

Just joined the club about a month ago and am really loving the game. Great theme, the call outs are funny and shooting goals is just plain fun, although I am constantly amazed at how good that goalie is.

It already had led's in the playfield when I got it, so all I have done so far is change out the back box bulbs to led's (cool white frosted mainly with a few purple and warm whites) and added the "WCS - Lighting Extras LED Kit" from Pinballbulbs. The kit was really easy to install and required no soldering as everything was plug and play. It comes with two led strips (for the top and bottom) and two double spotlight kits that mount on the slings. Plus, they threw a speaker grill template in the box as a bonus.

I am still playing around with aiming the spotlights for best effect, but I have to say that the kit has made a huge difference at getting rid of the dark areas just above the flippers and in the top left corner and really added a lot of visual pop to the game. I think it is one of the best bang for the buck mods I have bought.

Before
Before.JPGBefore.JPG

After
IMG_7335.JPGIMG_7335.JPG

#2340 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Thinking more about the soccer ball speaker grills... It would have been kinda cool if I could have taken another harwood board, drilled the same size hole, placed the grill over it, and used something like a bowling ball to stretch it into the hole, resulting in a domed speaker grill, looking more like an actual ball coming out of the machine. This would of course, need to be done before painting, as the existing paint would surely chip off in some places. Regardless, I am happy with the result, but this *could* have made it look even better.

That is an awesome idea!

#2341 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Just joined the club about a month ago and am really loving the game. Great theme, the call outs are funny and shooting goals is just plain fun, although I am constantly amazed at how good that goalie is.
It already had led's in the playfield when I got it, so all I have done so far is change out the back box bulbs to led's (cool white frosted mainly with a few purple and warm whites) and added the "WCS - Lighting Extras LED Kit" from Pinballbulbs. The kit was really easy to install and required no soldering as everything was plug and play. It comes with two led strips (for the top and bottom) and two double spotlight kits that mount on the slings. Plus, they threw a speaker grill template in the box as a bonus.
I am still playing around with aiming the spotlights for best effect, but I have to say that the kit has made a huge difference at getting rid of the dark areas just above the flippers and in the top left corner and really added a lot of visual pop to the game. I think it is one of the best bang for the buck mods I have bought.
Before

After

That made a huge difference. Looks really good.

#2342 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

That is an awesome idea!

Glad you think so. You try it first!

#2343 7 years ago

yo, i joined the club tonight. i'd say high-end players', maybe. $1900 okay? i'll post some pics tomorrow and we'll get to work. need sleep now. good night.

#2344 7 years ago

IMAG0140[1]_(resized).jpgIMAG0140[1]_(resized).jpg

IMAG0139[1]_(resized).jpgIMAG0139[1]_(resized).jpg

IMAG0138[1]_(resized).jpgIMAG0138[1]_(resized).jpg

IMAG0137[2]_(resized).jpgIMAG0137[2]_(resized).jpg

#2345 7 years ago

diverter needs some maintenance. is that a rebuild or just a spring? i'd love to find a cliffy set. my kickouts are pretty bad.
need a new ball? need a some plastics. not a big deal. have to do some apron touchup. need a standard coin door. the one on this thing is hideous. refuse to show you guys.

#2346 7 years ago

sorry, should have taken the glass off.

#2347 7 years ago

also, it came with lightning flippers. are those correct parts?

#2348 7 years ago

WCS did not come with lightning flippers, no.

#2349 7 years ago

does the diverter hammer suppose to have a spring on it? maybe i just need to remove that.

#2350 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

does the diverter hammer suppose to have a spring on it? maybe i just need to remove that.

Diverter solenoid has a return spring on it. There was a lot of detailed discussion about it a couple months back. Reas through pages 42 and 43 of this forum. In fact, it might be good to read it all, if you are new to this machine. If you are new to pinball repair, check out Ray's pinball tech tips on youtube. So much useful information, mixed with a lot of banter. Worth watching episodes on lights, flippers, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/47?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.