(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 170.
#2251 8 years ago

Guys I have a couple of Header Plastics available. The ones that always break and are virtually impossible to replace.
Send me a pm if interested.
$20 including shipping.

20160417_084510_(resized).jpg20160417_084510_(resized).jpg

#2252 8 years ago

What do you guys think about my speaker screens? I made my own stencil and spray painted the screens as a soccer ball.

20160419_165811_(resized).jpg20160419_165811_(resized).jpg

#2253 8 years ago

Are the black circles around the inserts right, or have it all to be white ?

Thanks

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2254 8 years ago

Mine looks the same.

20160419_215208_(resized).jpg20160419_215208_(resized).jpg

#2255 8 years ago

Those are cracks around the edges of the inserts. It should be all white..

#2256 8 years ago

Ok thanks

#2257 8 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

What do you guys think about my speaker screens? I made my own stencil and spray painted the screens as a soccer ball.

20160419_165811_(resized).jpg

Looks amazing!! I want that!

#2258 8 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

What do you guys think about my speaker screens?

That does look really good. Nice job. Did you only paint the white, with a single stencil? If so, you could probably sell a few of those stencils here!

#2259 8 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

20160419_165811_(resized).jpg

That looks nice. I like that you have them painted a slightly different way from each other. Did you remove the grills or the front plastic panel to do the painting?

#2260 8 years ago

I would love a copy of the stencil if there was a way you could send it via email and I could print and cut for use.

#2261 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I would love a copy of the stencil if there was a way you could send it via email and I could print and cut for use.

I used the image similar to the one below and printed it on vinyl sheet. Used a craft knife and cut out the white sections. I lifted the perspex cover sitting on top of the speaker screen and slid the stencil on top of the screen. For a good result the stencil must be totally flat on top of the screen. Masked it up with tape and gave it some short sprays of mat white. Do not spray at an angle but straight onto the stencil! Make sure the the soccer cross bars are cut nice and thick. Practice on some other black background before doing the final on the screens. Be careful when removing the stencil after spraying. Don't over spray but also don't use too little as you are trying to cover the back screen sections completely with white. Good luck.

soccer-ball-stencil_(resized).jpgsoccer-ball-stencil_(resized).jpg

20160421_114446_(resized).jpg20160421_114446_(resized).jpg

#2262 8 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I used the image similar to the one below and printed it on vinyl sheet. Used a craft knife and cut out the white sections. I lifted the perspex cover sitting on top of the speaker screen and slid the stencil on top of the screen. For a good result the stencil must be totally flat on top of the screen. Masked it up with tape and gave it some short sprays of mat white. Do not spray at an angle but straight onto the stencil! Make sure the the soccer cross bars are cut nice and thick. Practice on some other black background before doing the final on the screens. Be careful when removing the stencil after spraying. Don't over spray but also don't use too little as you are trying to cover the back screen sections completely with white. Good luck.

soccer-ball-stencil_(resized).jpg20160421_114446_(resized).jpg

That thing is awesome. I have some thicker myalr(non sticky type but type for stencils). Ill laser cut a couple for people if they want and send them out.

If you made that design and are ok with it. They will be free.

#2263 8 years ago

While we are at it. Here is another soccer ball mod I did for my ramp entry.
These are actual soccer balls used for table soccer.

20160421_130330_(resized).jpg20160421_130330_(resized).jpg

#2264 8 years ago

I guess I'll need the size too. If someone gives me the size to cut soccer ball I'll cut them.

Had a few PMs. Shoot me a pm with your address if you want one too please. Not just "I want one "

#2265 8 years ago

@BioBa lol, thatsapenis.gif

#2266 8 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

@BioBa lol, thatsapenis.gif

Totally unintended but it sure looks like one LOL

#2267 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

I guess I'll need the size too. If someone gives me the size to cut soccer ball I'll cut them.
Had a few PMs. Shoot me a pm with your address if you want one too please. Not just "I want one "

The speaker cut out hole is 95 mm diameter. The stencil has to be a little larger to overlap. 99 mm.

A laser cutter is a great toy! I love to have one of those.

#2268 8 years ago

What are the plixiglass washers referred to, and where can you get them? I have 2 on my right ramp, but are missing the ones on the left, along with the black stems. I am thinking of doing the soccerball accents on the ramps. I still have some from when I did my shooter. Seems like a simple mod, using hanger bolts, as seen in the photo below, along with these balls: http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Cat-Regulation-Foosballs-Soccer/dp/B003RAM6O8

s-l225_(resized).jpgs-l225_(resized).jpg

#2269 8 years ago

Hey guys I made the stencil. You'll need to spray white then lay stencil and spray black. I got a ton of messages it seems so once you guys can verify this looks ok I'll ship these out.

1. Does it look like it'll work ok for looks?

2. Everyone just needs 1 right? Just confirming.

20160421_090431_(resized).jpg20160421_090431_(resized).jpg

#2270 8 years ago

I think these speaker panel mods are a fantastic idea and I think BioBa's picture above look fantastic.

@PinballBulbs - I may PM you for a stencil kit, and major props to you for offering these FoC! My only concern, and I don't mean this in a negative manner (strictly only from a constructive criticism standpoint) is that I think the 5 perimeter black pentagons aren't entirely equal in size. Looking at the photo above, the white areas in the 10 and 12o'clock positions show the outcome of this. Additionally, I think BioBa's pentagons being pushed more to the edges gives his more of a 3D feel that you're looking at a sphere. If I'm taking spraypaint to my game, I'd want to be as picky as possible, so again, not trying to dump on the photo above. Just a kind note as to what I think could make it perfect for all the WCS owners out there. But, for a first attempt, it's exponentially better that anything I could've come up with.

#2271 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think these speaker panel mods are a fantastic idea and I think BioBa's picture above look fantastic.
@PinballBulbs - I may PM you for a stencil kit, and major props to you for offering these FoC! My only concern, and I don't mean this in a negative manner (strictly only from a constructive criticism standpoint) is that I think the 5 perimeter black pentagons aren't entirely equal in size. Looking at the photo above, the white areas in the 10 and 12o'clock positions show the outcome of this. Additionally, I think BioBa's pentagons being pushed more to the edges gives his more of a 3D feel that you're looking at a sphere. If I'm taking spraypaint to my game, I'd want to be as picky as possible, so again, not trying to dump on the photo above. Just a kind note as to what I think could make it perfect for all the WCS owners out there. But, for a first attempt, it's exponentially better that anything I could've come up with.

I'm terrible at making stencils, I can never seem to think that way. Great at etching, but not at stencils. I used this as my base image http://www.stencilease.com/gif/CC0605.jpg

Hey, thanks for the feedback! I'll fiddle some more with other images to see if i can get it a bit more even and to match bioba

#2272 8 years ago

Another attempt

20160421_140200_(resized).jpg20160421_140200_(resized).jpg

#2273 8 years ago

Perfect! Can't wait to do mine!

#2274 8 years ago

Another attempt

20160421_140200_(resized).jpg

Yes that is spot on. You cut out the white sections. And you only spray white onto those sections. That's how mine looked in the earlier picture.

#2275 8 years ago

Stencils are cut! I'll get them out maybe tomorrow to everyone. Didn't realize so many folks would want these!

20160422_100925_(resized).jpg20160422_100925_(resized).jpg

#2276 8 years ago

Looks great

#2277 8 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

While we are at it. Here is another soccer ball mod I did for my ramp entry.
These are actual soccer balls used for table soccer.

Yeah... I had to copy that idea immediately! Did you do both ramps? I will do my right ramp as well later this week. and probably the speaker stencil too.

UPDATE: I put the post topper balls on the right ramp as well, after ordering a second set of black spacers from Marco, and finding the round, clear plastics on ebay. I used 3" pieces of #6 (6-32) rod, from Ace hardware. I drilled the soccer balls, then put an acorn nut on one end of the rod so that I could drive it into the hole. From there, it is basically just a replacement bolt with a large, decorative end, instead of a bolt head. Personally, I really like them, and thought it was a great idea. Plus, they can be removed and replaced with the original bolt in seconds, if I ever want it back to stock.

20160425_175657_(resized).jpg20160425_175657_(resized).jpg

#2278 8 years ago

Nice! I had not planed to do the other side too. Maybe a bit of soccer ball "overkill"?

#2279 8 years ago

Hey Pinballbulbs you are a legend making all those stencils for everybody. Good to see that kindness and good will is still out there!

#2280 8 years ago

Any idea where these two decorative posts are going??

20160420_125235_(resized).jpg20160420_125235_(resized).jpg

#2281 8 years ago

Did mine today, looks great,

Thanks for the great idea

#2282 8 years ago

Another attempt

20160421_140200_(resized).jpg

Absolutely nailed it the 2nd go around! Well done!!!

#2283 8 years ago

Thanks guys!

I'm starting to ship these out here this morning. Just a heads up. If you PM'd but didn't include an address I just moved to the next person. I got like 20 PMs from this and didn't have time to go through and message back to get further details. Sorry! Just resend an address if you check PM and notice you didnt include address.

Also, due to costs and not wanting to sell this, just a quick free service I can't do international orders. They are too pricey to ship.

#2284 8 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did mine today, looks great

Yes, looks fantastic. Can't wait to do mine. Curious what kind of paint is being used for this... Is it flat or semi-gloss? Is it any specific brand of paint? Did you do a single coat, or 2 coats, before moving moving to the 2nd grill? Are you slipping the stencil between the grill and face plate, or removing the grill for painting? Can you fill in the blanks for me, plus any other things I should know?

#2285 8 years ago

I use flat white. I made two stencils and put them between the grill and the display cover, that helps to fit them perfect in place. I did 2 coats and do both grills at the same time. Easy going and done in less then an hour. Total cost 4€

#2286 8 years ago

Looks great , PM request sent. Way to be a great Insider James!

#2287 8 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Yes, looks fantastic. Can't wait to do mine. Curious what kind of paint is being used for this... Is it flat or semi-gloss? Is it any specific brand of paint? Did you do a single coat, or 2 coats, before moving moving to the 2nd grill? Are you slipping the stencil between the grill and face plate, or removing the grill for painting? Can you fill in the blanks for me, plus any other things I should know?

I would remove the grill personally. Overspray sucks and will happen.

I used Gloss high protective enamal black and then white. Made by rustoleum. Lowes etc sells it. I use it for a lot of stuff so I just had it.

On the stencil I made you'll want to spray your grill black first. Let dry completely. Like super dry. Lay down stencil and make sure it is super flat. Use a heat gun or blow dryer if it rolled up in shipped at all. It has to be super flat, this is very important for a good look. LAy down stencil and spray from the top. Try not to spray at an angle or anything so it doesn't sneak up underneath.

With the paint I used one coat is more than fine.

http://www.rustoleum.com/~/media/DigitalEncyclopedia/Product/RustoleumUSA/CBG/professional/high-performance-enamel-spray/PRHpsFbkSpL.ashx - this is the paint. They make in all 3 major sheens too

#2288 8 years ago

Alright guys all stencils are in the mail!

I think that's all I'll do for now. Maybe another run later on when we get our worker back in a month or so. I'll have more time for this sort of stuff. I did skip all the international orders for cost/time, im sorry! I did send bioba one cause it was his idea and he requested it.

#2289 7 years ago

Spot Lights

I am thinking about spotlights. I have seen a kit where the add a post on the bottom right of the left slingshot, with 2 spotlights. I think this looks goofy, and stands out too much. I was thinking of something different.

I think some good locations for spot lights would be the following:

1) On top of the large metal spacer, holding up the right ramp, at the top of the right slingshot, and point the light towards the bottom of the left ramp. I would mount this so that it hangs down, to keep a lower profile.
2) On top of the large metal spacer, holding up the right ramp, near the top right of the playfield, where the rail connects to the same post, and point the light towards the goalie. I would have this one more on top, not hanging down.
3) On the top edge of the "Lock" plastic, pointing up the ramp, towards the top of the playfield. I would hang this one downward, to keep a low profile, and conceal it behind the lock area.
4) Same as above, but aiming the light more towards the center playfield.
5) Possibly on the back of the left ramp banner, concealed behind, aimed at the area in front of the goalie.

I would start by hooking up power to one light, and hold it in each area to see what the effect would be, and then decide on a color. I am thinking just a regular white GI bulb, but possibly green. This is just an idea, but it would not be very expensive, as you can get the socket/reflector with a 12" wire tail on PinballLife.com for only $3.50 per light here: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1542

I like a bright playfield, and the colors on this machine are fantastic, but there are a number of dark areas. I think this could really enhance the look, without any cutting. Just wondering if others have considered this, or tried it, and where others have placed the spotlights for the best effect.

#2290 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Spot Lights
I am thinking about spotlights. I have seen a kit where the add a post on the bottom right of the left slingshot, with 2 spotlights. I think this looks goofy, and stands out too much. I was thinking of something different.
I think some good locations for spot lights would be the following:
1) On top of the large metal spacer, holding up the right ramp, at the top of the right slingshot, and point the light towards the bottom of the left ramp. I would mount this so that it hangs down, to keep a lower profile.
2) On top of the large metal spacer, holding up the right ramp, near the top right of the playfield, where the rail connects to the same post, and point the light towards the goalie. I would have this one more on top, not hanging down.
3) On the top edge of the "Lock" plastic, pointing up the ramp, towards the top of the playfield. I would hang this one downward, to keep a low profile, and conceal it behind the lock area.
4) Same as above, but aiming the light more towards the center playfield.
5) Possibly on the back of the left ramp banner, concealed behind, aimed at the area in front of the goalie.
I would start by hooking up power to one light, and hold it in each area to see what the effect would be, and then decide on a color. I am thinking just a regular white GI bulb, but possibly green. This is just an idea, but it would not be very expensive, as you can get the socket/reflector with a 12" wire tail on PinballLife.com for only $3.50 per light here: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1542
I like a bright playfield, and the colors on this machine are fantastic, but there are a number of dark areas. I think this could really enhance the look, without any cutting. Just wondering if others have considered this, or tried it, and where others have placed the spotlights for the best effect.

Instead of adding all the socked hardware (which is not that attractive) I placed one of my 6V (yes 6V not 12V) light strips in the ball trough area. I used purple as it has a high UV component and gives you a glow in the dark effect. You could also use white for maximum brightness or any other colour. It lights up the center playfield very well and is nicely hidden underneath the apron. The strip is simply connected to any 6V GI socket underneath the playfield. The 6V strips are $8.50/m (60 led/m) plus $3.50 postage. PM me if you are interested.

20160427_123559_(resized).jpg20160427_123559_(resized).jpg
20160427_123633_(resized).jpg20160427_123633_(resized).jpg

#2291 7 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Spot Lights
I am thinking about spotlights.

Here's mine:

I like trough lights too ( have them on 3 of my other games) but no way do they reach far enough on the playfield ( look great in flippers area)....I'm going to light my goalie area up a bit more, then that covers it for me....think your idea of experimenting is " spot" on!!!....

#2292 7 years ago

Oops..noticed I have a blue out on the backboard....must remedie that now......

#2294 7 years ago

Anyone that can make me the two ramp flaps ?? I already have scaned the old one, if this is needed

#2295 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Anyone that can make me the two ramp flaps ?? I already have scaned the old one, if this is needed

What are ramp flaps?

#2296 7 years ago

The entrance steel from the plastic ramps

#2297 7 years ago

I find myself in need of a new goalie (both pad and decal) -- anybody still making/selling the pad part?

#2298 7 years ago

Try pinballspareparts

#2299 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I find myself in need of a new goalie (both pad and decal) -- anybody still making/selling the pad part?

Marco does both (or at least did about 4 months ago when I had to replace mine)......

#2300 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Marco does both (or at least did about 4 months ago when I had to replace mine)......

Indeed they do - thanks for the pointer in that direction.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.