(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 170.
#1801 8 years ago

Just joined the club today. Have had a blast so far!

20150711_204124.jpg20150711_204124.jpg

#1802 8 years ago

VegasMike

Thanks for the response.

I checked Marco and could not find the Header plastic sold individually.

I found one listed at Mad but was out of stock.

#1803 8 years ago

I want to led my WCS. Does anyone have recommendations for what colours to use for the GI and where? Thanks in advance.

#1804 8 years ago

Was playing mine today, and for the first time that I've noticed during multiball - snuck a goal in while there was a ball sitting in the assist hole. This led to the one goal off the flipper, then an extra one out of the assist without having to relight between them.

#1805 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

VegasMike
Thanks for the response.

Post a pic of the plastic you need
I probably have it

#1806 8 years ago

Bought the list of lights GOV suggested, was not $120, was $170 Lol

#1807 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

VegasMike
Thanks for the response.

Hey bax, is this the one? This is a used one I got with bunch of plastics I bought off eBay to get one that I was missing. If you want it, PM me and I'll send it your way.

header.JPGheader.JPG

#1808 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I want to led my WCS. Does anyone have recommendations for what colours to use for the GI and where? Thanks in advance.

I used mostly warm white frosted from pinballbulbs.com in my GI. I tried lots of combinations/colors, mostly green & purple, but didn't like how the greens on the playfield got washed out by purple bulbs, and vice versa. Purple flexes worked good in place of the yellow scoreboard bulbs and light the upper ramps/flags nicely. I also used purple flexes under the 3 assist holes and a slow color changer (from Comet Pinball) in the final draw insert. I'd recommend getting 2-4 frosted of a few colors/whites and try them out, then go with what you like. I had really expected to go with mostly green, but it just didn't bring out the other playfield colors enough for me.

#1809 8 years ago

It's easy to overdo colored GI, you can't go wrong with sunlight! I did use some purple and green towards the back. Also my ball inserts are colored which I decided was ugly and removed, but here's my old before and after pic.

justsaynotoclownvomit.jpgjustsaynotoclownvomit.jpg

#1810 8 years ago

louvnj,

That is the plastic I am looking for.

Thank you very much. PM on the way.

#1811 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

louvnj,
That is the plastic I am looking for.
Thank you very much. PM on the way.

You can also buy all of the plastics brand new and not discoloured here

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/world-cup-soccer/?sPage=1&sPerPage=96

#1812 8 years ago

Does anyone know if reproduction ramps got made, or any status update? Last thread I could find from a year ago indicated that would be made, and I seem to remember it being mentioned that the stickers would be provided with the ramps.

#1813 8 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Hey bax, is this the one? This is a used one I got with bunch of plastics I bought off eBay to get one that I was missing. If you want it, PM me and I'll send it your way.
header.JPG

If anyone else has a spare one of these plastics, I could certainly use one.... Willing to pay a few bucks for one...

#1814 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If anyone else has a spare one of these plastics, I could certainly use one.... Willing to pay a few bucks for one...

Look at my post above.

#1815 8 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Does anyone know if reproduction ramps got made, or any status update? Last thread I could find from a year ago indicated that would be made, and I seem to remember it being mentioned that the stickers would be provided with the ramps.

They have been saying they were going to make them for 2 or 3 years. I lost interest.

#1816 8 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

In the Bad Cats ramp thread a representative from Starship mentioned (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-scoop-on-bad-cats-ramps#post-2565943):

"All of the ramps and parts for Bad Cats are at their respective manufacturers. I continue to be amazed at how many things can go wrong and delay the production of ramps. I have underestimated time in all my guesses and I'm getting a little gun shy cause I get upset when I don't keep my word. We are still waiting for the first set of ramps to be done and then the fitting process starts. Cyclone Ferris wheel is next then WCS."

#1817 8 years ago

Look at my post above.

I did... I might be missing something?

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

#1818 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I did... I might be missing something?
Capture.JPG

Oops, I didn't try and add it to my cart. My bad, thanks for showing me that.

#1819 8 years ago

Oops, I didn't try and add it to my cart. My bad, thanks for showing me that.

No problem, sort of weird it doesn't show that until you try to add it..... Bump for this plastic!

#1820 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

No problem, sort of weird it doesn't show that until you try to add it..... Bump for this plastic!

I bought mine from mad a while ago. Maybe see if they have any more. Listed as out of stock but couldnt hurt to contact them. http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=248

#1821 8 years ago

Just an update. A new flipper opto did fix the weak left flipper while soccer ball motor was running. Thanks for the help.

#1822 8 years ago

Fully shopped, led's, new plastics and other parts. Back in its rightful home. The Who Dunnit gets its slot machine fixed next.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1823 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just an update. A new flipper opto did fix the weak left flipper while soccer ball motor was running. Thanks for the help.

I'm experiencing this exact issue right now. In fact, when the soccer ball is spinning and I engage the magnet, the flipper can barely hold itself up causing it to move up and down. So can you post the part you replaced to fix it? Thx.

#1824 8 years ago

The flipper opto board. From Marco specialties. Like $20

1 week later
#1825 8 years ago

Just picked one up last night! In the process of cleaning it up right now as it was pretty dirty. Already a super fun game. One question. My kickback sometimes doesnt fire, and i am assuming that it is just a switch adjustment , but also when it does fire it is really weak. Any ideas on what could be the issue?

#1826 8 years ago

Trying to fix my Goal Top Flasher, which is currently the only thing on my WCS that is not working. The socket isn't getting any voltage during test mode. I traced back the black/brown wire from the socket, expecting it to go back to the board. Instead it goes to the Goal Flasher (the one behind the net). All the other flashers that I see only have one black wire connected to it.

Can someone check the wiring of their Goal Flasher (shown in the pic) to see how it's connected? It's in the very back of the playfield. As far as I can tell, it should only have a black/purple wire attached to it.

Thanks,

Mike

IMG_7986.JPGIMG_7986.JPG

#1827 8 years ago

Sorry, I'm too beat to trace my wiring right now, but it looks like mine is the same as yours. The goal top flashes separate from the behind goal flasher in test mode, I think one is #17 and the other is #18. I can trace tomorrow if you need. I also just noticed in my picture I am missing a screw above the light, haven't noticed that before.

IMG_1695.jpgIMG_1695.jpg

#1828 8 years ago

Thanks,

I have the manual - I'll have to try and trace where J126-1 goes.

If I'm reading the manual correctly (page 3-7), it looks like each flasher should have one dedicated wire that runs to it. The Goal Top flasher is J126-1, and the Back Goal flasher is J126-2. So I guess I don't understand why two wires connect here...

#1829 8 years ago

The table on page 2-48 shows both a #89 & #906 bulb for the back goal flasher, so there is a 2nd flasher on the playfield, not sure where. As far as the goal top flasher, are you getting a working flasher on the back box in test? Have you tried to get a voltage reading during test directly on J126-1 on the power driver board?

#1830 8 years ago

Guys -
The 'back goal' flasher - according to the image that Mike posted, is the 'Goal' flasher - there's one in the 'GOAL' insert in front of the goalie, and one in the back loop to the lanes/pop bumpers.

The first one will have two wires going to it, because they need to be wired to the second flasher ('GOAL' insert) in series.

Mike - If you are meaning the 'Goal Cage Top', then looking UNDER the playfield won't do you any good, as the flasher is on the top plastic over the goal, behind the goalie.

--Me

#1831 8 years ago

Thanks, i meant the Goal Cage Top flasher, which is actually a 555 socket on my machine (is this correct?). I am trying to trace where the wires for that go, which led me to the flash lamp behind the goal under the white insert.

I will have to trace the entire path tonite once i get home...

#1832 8 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

Thanks, i meant the Goal Cage Top flasher, which is actually a 555 socket on my machine (is this correct?). I am trying to trace where the wires for that go, which led me to the flash lamp behind the goal under the white insert.
I will have to trace the entire path tonite once i get home...

According to the manual(*), it should be a #906 bulb, and have Blk-Brn (driver/gnd) and a Red-Wht (+20v) to its terminals.

- Keep in mind, the WCS manual has a bunch or errors. I don't have a game handy to cross-reference, so take my words with a grain of salt. Example: The 'Goal Cage Top' says there should be two "(2)" - one playfield, one backbox. However, the Goal also has "(2)", but is actually 3 - two on the playfield, one in the backbox.

#1833 8 years ago

Think I found the problem...

IMG_7988.JPGIMG_7988.JPG

Of course, the other half of the wire is nowhere to be found, but I figured it out. This black/brown wire runs first to the flasher under the plastics in the far back left. From there it runs to the Goal Cage Top socket. So I actually had two flashers out (one being the Goal Cage Top 555 bulb), but I never knew it since the actual flasher is hidden so far in the back. Just need to do a quick solder job and she'll be 100%.

BTW, the black/brown and black/purple wires are a bear to keep straight - which was my original problem trying to trace backwards to the board...

#1834 8 years ago

Hey Coyote, thanks for pointing out the Goal flasher insert in front of the goal, mine was actually out. I'm not sure if it ever worked! I never noticed that bulb behind the goalie motor. I generally use the .pdf manual I downloaded from somewhere, and that one does show 3 bulbs for Goal. I LED'd everything but the flashers about a year ago and thru iterations of ordering and then finding out I missed a bulb, I thought I had noted every bulb. +1 more now

#1835 8 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Hey Coyote, thanks for pointing out the Goal flasher insert in front of the goal, mine was actually out. I'm not sure if it ever worked! I never noticed that bulb behind the goalie motor. I generally use the .pdf manual I downloaded from somewhere, and that one does show 3 bulbs for Goal. I LED'd everything but the flashers about a year ago and thru iterations of ordering and then finding out I missed a bulb, I thought I had noted every bulb. +1 more now

Heh, good to hear! Honestly, that manual is horrible - there's so many obvious printing errors, I figure the tech writer was working his last day before retirement. ('Loop Magnet' and 'Lock Gate', anyone?)

#1836 8 years ago

Hmmm, I wonder if the lock magnet was originally a gate?

#1837 8 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Hmmm, I wonder if the lock magnet was originally a gate?

It is a JPop signature. Just like CV or TOM, the magnet becomes the divertor. It's a very nice effect.

#1838 8 years ago

BTW, I'm a newbie to the owners club. I'm enjoying the game, but haven't got used to the game/rules yet.

I am having a hard time getting used to a left magna save (above the flipper). I wish it was above the right inlane (like BK2K). I've gotten to the multi-ball level where you beat Germany and continue to do "Victory Laps", but haven't went to LA for the wizard mode.

Does the wizard mode use all 5 balls?

My hardest shot is the TV shot to start multi-ball. It seems to be very tight and tuff. It reminds me of the scoop for TFTC. Does anyone else feel like it's a really tight / tuff shot?

#1839 8 years ago

Yep, the magna save really isn't too useful. It can be useful to stop the ball at the end of the left flipper, either as it comes down the left inlane, or jumps from the right flipper.

Yup, you can launch up to all 5 balls during the wizard mode (you need to manually)

That TV shot is always a tough one, especially when you're trying to start the final match!

1 week later
#1840 8 years ago

My WCS94 keeps on resetting. It can happy at any time during the game. I had the board fixed about two years ago. Someone mentioned that I should replace all the ribbon cables. I searched the forum for "resets" but didn't find any direction. Any ideas? Thank you.

#1841 8 years ago
Quoted from curtis:

My WCS94 keeps on resetting. It can happy at any time during the game. I had the board fixed about two years ago. Someone mentioned that I should replace all the ribbon cables. I searched the forum for "resets" but didn't find any direction. Any ideas? Thank you.

This is the article for you: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

Don't skip steps. Step one of that section should just be don't skip steps. It's already in easiest-to-hardest order in terms of things to check.

#1842 8 years ago

Thank you, DEF.

#1843 8 years ago

I picked up another World Cup soccer over the weekend. My plan is to shop one for sale and use the proceeds for the other.

The Wcs I picked up over the weekend has nicer ramps and an overall better playfield except it has some decal where right in front of the left ramp.

Does anyone know of a way to repair this decal damage? Does anyone sell these? Is it even repairable? Or should I go with the other playfield without the damage?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1844 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

I picked up another World Cup Soccer over the weekend. My plan is to shop one for sale and use the proceeds for the other.
The Wcs I picked up over the weekend has nicer ramps and an overall better playfield except it has some decal where right in front of the left ramp.
Does anyone know of a way to repair this decal damage? Does anyone sell these? Is it even repairable? Or should I go with the other playfield without the damage?
image.jpg

You'll have to make a decal and put it on, the clear it. If you want to go this route, let me know, I have a good scan of that area that you can use for base art for printing.

#1845 8 years ago

Thanks. I appreciate that. I did read VIDs guide. I have done a few minor touch ups in the past but I have yet to do scans or had any dealings w/ clear.

Is this a tough process?

Thanks

#1846 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

Thanks. I appreciate that. I did read VIDs guide. I have done a few minor touch ups in the past but I have yet to do scans or had any dealings w/ clear.
Is this a tough process?
Thanks

No idea. I send it all off to someone for touchup and clear.

#1847 8 years ago

smart move!!!

That might be worth considering

#1848 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

smart move!!!
That might be worth considering

Yeah, my time's worth more doing other things, and my skills severely lack in that area, so for me it's the best route.

On another note - ever have one of those lunches that never ends?
billions.pngbillions.png
was really stressed at work, and decided to play a game. It's virtual, but fantastic when you want to blow a few minutes.
This game lasted at least 30 minutes, and that was just the first ball..! Got World Cup twice, and Final Draw 5 times. When this screenshot was taken, it was FINALLY player #2's turn, ball 1.

#1849 8 years ago
Quoted from curtis:

Try reflowing the solder on the 5v regulator, LM 323 on the back of the driver board. It stopped mine from resetting. If the solder points look at all suspect, they most likely need to be reflowed.

#1850 8 years ago

Coyote,

That is a killer ball one!!
Not a bad use for a lunch time either.
I like that the virtual pinball is a representation of an actual pin. That beats the yahoo games star sky and hutch I sometimes kill my lunch break with!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.