(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 170.
#1751 8 years ago

Has anyone purchased and received the left ramp from the AUS supplier?
Thinking about biting the bullet and ordering one. Any feedback would be awesome.
Cheers!

#1752 8 years ago

So, maybe this is just me noticing it now since I put LEDs in, but when you score a goal from the assist saucer is it supposed to light two ultra whatevers?

#1753 8 years ago

Seeking advice on a possibly easier way to obtain a replacement motor for the ball on my game. It is worn out completely.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-compatibility-regarding-dc-motors

#1754 8 years ago

I just picked up a WCS yesterday, so I'm now a member!

My pin looks to be a re-import from France (Franc coin door). It's dirty and needs a good shop job, but the playfield is in very good condition.

My question is - I keep getting the "check switch F6 U.R. flipper but.". I can't find this switch, is it not used?

EDIT - I searched the forum and found a reference to the flippers having 2 opto sensors. Off to see if one of them needs cleaning...

#1755 8 years ago

While the game does not have any upper flippers, the game's OS still expects these switches to be activated (since they're all part of the same board on the cabinet).

Likely the opto for the upper flipper on your flipper board is bad. If you go into Switch Test, you should get two switches recorded for each flipper button.

#1756 8 years ago

you might actually have a blown transistor on the flips board, test there first.

#1757 8 years ago

Ok this may be a stupid question but does WCS have an auto plunger? I made it to the wizard mode (Germany) today and it says you have unlimited balls. So I'm playing and waiting for the balls to come and no unlimited balls? What the heck? Then I notice a ball in the shooter lane, so I plunge it. Then another ball drops instantly in the shooter lane. I was waiting the whole time for the auto plunger to kick in but there doesn't seem to be one in WCS, which is weird because games in that era do have auto plungers. Am I wrong or does WCS not have an auto plunger? It really makes the game less enjoyable having to take my hands off the flippers to plunge the balls.

#1758 8 years ago

I

Quoted from QuarterGrabber:Ok this may be a stupid question but does WCS have an auto plunger? I made it to the wizard mode (Germany) today and it says you have unlimited balls. So I'm playing and waiting for the balls to come and no unlimited balls? What the heck? Then I notice a ball in the shooter lane, so I plunge it. Then another ball drops instantly in the shooter lane. I was waiting the whole time for the auto plunger to kick in but there doesn't seem to be one in WCS, which is weird because games in that era do have auto plungers. Am I wrong or does WCS not have an auto plunger? It really makes the game less enjoyable having to take my hands off the flippers to plunge the balls.

No auto plunger.

I always thought that was a good thing, you can decide how many balls you want in play at that time. To me it was part of the strategy of the game.

#1759 8 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I

No auto plunger.
I always thought that was a good thing, you can decide how many balls you want in play at that time. To me it was part of the strategy of the game.

Ok, disappointing. But thank you so much for the confirmation.

#1760 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Ok this may be a stupid question but does WCS have an auto plunger? I made it to the wizard mode (Germany) today and it says you have unlimited balls. So I'm playing and waiting for the balls to come and no unlimited balls? What the heck? Then I notice a ball in the shooter lane, so I plunge it. Then another ball drops instantly in the shooter lane. I was waiting the whole time for the auto plunger to kick in but there doesn't seem to be one in WCS, which is weird because games in that era do have auto plungers. Am I wrong or does WCS not have an auto plunger? It really makes the game less enjoyable having to take my hands off the flippers to plunge the balls.

I think this is a good thing because it adds to the frantic nature of the final round. It also, as said before, gives you a chance to decide how many balls you want on the play field. I've found that all five is too much because they tend to block shots at the goal.

#1761 8 years ago

Ok, disappointing. But thank you so much for the confirmation.

Agree. 5 balls is way too many and they get in the way of each other to score goals against the mighty Germany.

#1762 8 years ago

Tech question - my DMD has started to get about 10 or so vertical lines on the screen through most of the animations. Already did the unplug - plug back in of the cables to no avail. Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Thanks!

#1763 8 years ago

It really makes the game less enjoyable having to take my hands off the flippers to plunge the balls.

A strategy is to shoot balls with your left hand crossed over and only use the right flipper to shoot the goal. Or have a friend plunge for you. The left flipper does nothing for you and you get all the balls you want to focus on the right flipper. That said an auto plunge would be nice. But crossing over is kinda cool too

#1764 8 years ago

It took me a while, but I have the majority of the work done. She cleaned up very nicely and plays awesome!

// Error: Image 417335 not found // // Error: Image 417339 not found // Before.JPGBefore.JPG IMG_5704.JPGIMG_5704.JPG
#1765 8 years ago

Wow, my WCS has had several things crap the bed all within a week now. Bare with me here, I need to vent.

First, lower right hand GI goes out. Check the connector. Yup, nice and toasty. Order new header and connector. Re solder. Fire the pin back up.

No lights come on except for the DMD which goes dark except for a single scrolling line vertically.
At the same time both of the flippers engage and lock up until the fuse blows.

Oh holy hell.... This is going to be fun. So I reseat all of the ribbon cables and connectors and fire it back up. Same thing.

I go back in and pull the Dmd controller board and what do I find? Hack city and a very toasty board. Consulted a good board guy and was told to just get a new RD board as mine was pretty well shot.

So the board gets here tomorrow. I have a feeling that I still need to diagnose the flippers locking on. Reading that it could be lots of stuff. Almost all requiring more board work.

Once I figure that out (wish me luck) I still have to see if my solder job on the GI connectors was good and hope that all works.

Games been dead now for about 3 weeks. God I am hoping that I can get it all working again by the next league night I host.

Anyone else experience flippers locking up and blowing the fuse on this game?

Thanks for letting me vent. I miss hearing GOAL!!!

#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

It took me a while, but I have the majority of the work done. She cleaned up very nicely and plays awesome!

Before.JPG
IMG_5704.JPG

Looks fantastic! Great job.

#1767 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Anyone else experience flippers locking up and blowing the fuse on this game?

Sounds like 12V issues. No (or dropping) 12V causes optoswitches to trigger false.
But you should wait for the dmd to come back first to see what's the machine telling you.

Are you sure the ribbon cables are connected correct (not inverrsed/pin offset) and the cpu boots correctly with proper voltages?

#1768 8 years ago

All my high scores have been reset except the machine kept my Grand Champion score... is this an oddity? Or does the machine periodically reset them?
Is this just a case of old batteries? Curious and any/all input appreciated.

#1769 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

All my high scores have been reset except the machine kept my Grand Champion score... is this an oddity? Or does the machine periodically reset them?

All (Most?) WMS games from the 90's will reset high scores after 'x' number of games. (Off-hand, I do not know the number of games..) I THOUGHT that it reset Grand Champion as well, but perhaps not.

#1770 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

All (Most?) WMS games from the 90's will reset high scores after 'x' number of games. (Off-hand, I do not know the number of games..) I THOUGHT that it reset Grand Champion as well, but perhaps not.

Thanks for the response Coyote.

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

The grand champion score is left alone when the high score reset threshold is met. I think it typically defaults to 3000 games but I believe you can adjust this to your liking (more games, less games, or never reset).

Dave

#1772 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Tech question - my DMD has started to get about 10 or so vertical lines on the screen through most of the animations. Already did the unplug - plug back in of the cables to no avail. Anyone have any idea what could be going on?
Thanks!

Swapped out another DMD with WCS and the lines are still showing up. Is a board in WCS going bad? Is this where to go next? Thanks!

#1773 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Swapped out another DMD with WCS and the lines are still showing up. Is a board in WCS going bad? Is this where to go next? Thanks!

Try swapping out the connector with one you know works. I bet it's the culprit.

#1774 8 years ago

Working on one of these for a friend. When soccer ball motor is running to spin ball the left flipper goes weak....when it stops the flipper is fine. I disconnected soccer ball motor so he can play it right now with good flippers. Is this my flipper opto board, or is it my power supply? Thanks -Tommy

#1775 8 years ago

Gooooooaaaal!

Installed the RD board, double checked all of the ribbon connectors and it fired right up.

Soo happy now.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1776 8 years ago

Try swapping out the connector with one you know works. I bet it's the culprit.

Yes! Done and fixed. I was playing checkers instead of chess. Thanks.

#1777 8 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I

No auto plunger.

Absolute FACT. It also forces you to make a very tough decision - do I take my hands off the right flipper to plunge another ball? Or do I forgo that and make sure I can continue to flip?

Decisions decisions.

#1778 8 years ago

Greetings, new member here! Just got WCS as my first pin, really happy with it, such a fun flowy game with a great selection of shots, even if it's pretty straight forward. My five year old kid got totally into it as well, it's a great family friendly theme. Mine's in really nice shape, except for the metal ramp, which has ugly gold paint on the thick middle wire, any tips on getting it clean & shiny again?

#1779 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Absolute FACT. It also forces you to make a very tough decision - do I take my hands off the right flipper to plunge another ball? Or do I forgo that and make sure I can continue to flip?
Decisions decisions.

That's why you flip with your right and plunge with your left.....or get a friend to plunge for you....

#1780 8 years ago
Quoted from TMU:

Greetings, new member here! Just got WCS as my first pin, really happy with it, such a fun flowy game with a great selection of shots, even if it's pretty straight forward. My five year old kid got totally into it as well, it's a great family friendly theme. Mine's in really nice shape, except for the metal ramp, which has ugly gold paint on the thick middle wire, any tips on getting it clean & shiny again?

That should be brass plating.
Michael Chestnut does a great job of re plating the habitrail ramp, the L shaped habitrail support bracket, and the Coin Toss / skill shot parts

#1781 8 years ago

Lost all gi and lower solenoids. Can n someone help me? Checked all fuses.

#1782 8 years ago

Here's mine
I did a beautiful restore
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1783 8 years ago

anyone hear anything about those ramp repros that were supposed to be in the works for a couple years now?

#1784 8 years ago
Quoted from Evan55:

anyone hear anything about those ramp repros that were supposed to be in the works for a couple years now?

I posted a question (again) to their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Starship-Fantasy/425677310856707?fref=ts

They have a website as well, but the email seems to be broken (doesn't appear to send--if it is sending, it's still broken, as it gives no indication and leads to multiple 'Sends').

#1785 8 years ago

Have had WCS for about two months now...made it to the big game against Germany for the first time today! Won 6-4! What a great multi-ball! I now have a whole new appreciation for the game...kid friendly for my 5 and 10 year kids...not going anywhere in the foreseeable future..... GO USA WOMEN'S TEAM ... Tomorrow night Vs Germany!!!!

#1786 8 years ago

It is a great multiball for sure.

#1787 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Have had WCS for about two months now...made it to the big game against Germany for the first time today! Won 6-4! What a great multi-ball! I now have a whole new appreciation for the game...kid friendly for my 5 and 10 year kids...not going anywhere in the foreseeable future..... GO USA WOMEN'S TEAM ... Tomorrow night Vs Germany!!!!

Just made it again a half hour ago. Must have went through six cities on my last ball to make it.

Most goals ever is still the first time I made though with 10. Don't think I'll ever hit that again!

#1788 8 years ago

Picked up a cool topper at KMART clearance isle tonight for $9.99 takes 3 AA batteries looks better in person.

Target also has them for 19.99 if you don't have a KMART by you.

20150629_213727.jpg20150629_213727.jpg

Here is the link to the one target has.
http://www.target.com/p/3d-wall-art-nighlight-soccer-ball/-/A-14381999?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=14381999&CPNG=Home+Improvement&kpid=14381999&LID=31pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14381999&kpid=14381999&gclid=CjwKEAjw2cOsBRD3xNbRp5eQxzYSJADZGYbzhPN2oNCg2KgpF113qAaPzpat7-mE_uYMzGe7_wbsRhoCjEXw_wcB

#1789 8 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

Picked up a cool topper at KMART clearance isle tonight for $9.99 takes 3 AA batteries looks better in person.>

That looks similar to the extra ball animation of the ball emerging from the field... It could look interesting with some split wood around the ball giving the appearance it was forced out of the backbox... I may have to find one.. thanks for sharing.

#1790 8 years ago

Need advice on the 'Assist' kick out....when I first got the game about 2 months ago, it worked great. But the distance the ball come out has slowly decreased, where now, it just goes a ove the edge and rolls back in....over and over and over.

After closer look, it seems that the spring is tight or doesn't move full range. I push it manually back and forth to loosen it up, and I got the distance almost back. It wouldn't score goals, but at least it kick the ball out far enough to not stop the game with tilts trying to jar it loose. After a few games, it went back to getting stuck.

Is there a way to lubricate the spring mechanism?

Any other ways to fix?

#1791 8 years ago

Shopping my WCS. Am I missing some switches in the 'travel' lane on the right?
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1792 8 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

Nope, I thought the same thing, but nothing actually goes there.

#1793 8 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

image.jpg image.jpg

Quoted from pinlynx:

Nope, I thought the same thing, but nothing actually goes there.

Switches were there in early sample & proto games. 'Far Right Upper' and 'Far Right Lower'. You can install them, but all they do is score you some small amount of points (like 2750? or something..)

Later playfields had the switch holes removed, obviously.

#1794 8 years ago

Thanks. I have a re-import, so i'm just making sure the switches didnt get removed somewhere along the way...

#1795 8 years ago

First coat of polish applied. Should be ready to wax by tomorrow. image.jpgimage.jpg

#1796 8 years ago

Hey Guys,

Some of these beautiful pins has inspired me to treat my WCS to a makeover.

I am in the process of refreshing my WCS. I have replaced ball/rubbers. I am adding Cliffy protectors as well. I had a few broken plastics I have been able to track down.

I still need the HEADER plastic. Mine has a broken missing tip piece.

Would anyone have one available or know where one could be purchased?

Thanks for any leads.

#1797 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

Hey Guys,
Some of these beautiful pins has inspired me to treat my WCS to a makeover.
I am in the process of refreshing my WCS. I have replaced ball/rubbers. I am adding Cliffy protectors as well. I had a few broken plastics I have been able to track down.
I still need the HEADER plastic. Mine has a broken missing tip piece.
Would anyone have one available or know where one could be purchased?
Thanks for any leads.

I believe you can just get the Header Plastic at Marco Specialities. www.marcospecialities.com You should also order the header plastic protector piece.

#1798 8 years ago

Installed the new carbon fiber Cliffy hole protectors...haven't put them in play yet image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1799 8 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

Installed the new carbon fiber Cliffy hole protectors...haven't put them in play yet image.jpg image.jpg

I have an entire set of these coming in the mail, can't wait!

#1800 8 years ago

Right flipper was a little weak on my machine. Most notable was the lack of success shooting for the Penalty Kick. Turns out there was some play in the flipper assembly. Replaced and well... what do you know: Penalty Kick was now a breeze. Not only that, but after just a few games I was able to surpass the Final Match goal record with seven. Sweet! First time breaking the set mark of six!
Love this game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,159.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.