(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 170.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

This is not good news. You can't find one anywhere?

Nope. Open to suggestions though. Have started a saved search on ebay. Hopefully one shows up. If I could even get a decal, maybe I could make a replacement. Anyone else try this?

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Nope. Open to suggestions though. Have started a saved search on ebay. Hopefully one shows up. If I could even get a decal, maybe I could make a replacement. Anyone else try this?

what are you looking for ? a goalie pad

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

I'm in for a header plastic too if someone has one left. Also the big plastic left from the soccer ball is broken (the one under the left ramp) Just bought a wcs and the plastics are in bad condition.
I sold my wcs about 8 years ago and i always regretted it. And now its back!!
I'm also interested in a complete plastic set. However that is a long shot

not sure if they have a set

http://pinballhead.com/cpr-world-cup-soccer-94-plastics/ Pinball_wcs94.jpgPinball_wcs94.jpg

#104 10 years ago

That is just a news article for the CPR repro set, which is sold out now.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The one that says Kick Header on the far right of that picture. I have one, but the bottom under where it says KICK is broken off.

both header plastic i have are broken at the bottom

Quoted from Dirk:I'm in for a header plastic too if someone has one left. Also the big plastic left from the soccer ball is broken (the one under the left ramp) Just bought a wcs and the plastics are in bad condition.
I sold my wcs about 8 years ago and i always regretted it. And now its back!!
I'm also interested in a complete plastic set. However that is a long shot

also the plastic that i have under the ramp is also broken

your still welcome to them

#106 10 years ago

In regards to the goalie pad, I remembered seeing one in my machine so I went and dug it back out but it is just a sticker and not the pad. My goodie bag is still sealed and appears to have a plastic, a goalie sticker, 2 red rollovers, and a yellow bracket. Any idea why there is the yellow metal bracket in the goodie bag? I also got 2 World Cup Soccer Manuals and a WPC Schematic Manual inside the machine. If someone is in need of a WCS94 Operating Manual, I'd be glad to send it you way if you cover the shipping cost. Jason

**EDIT** Manual has been spoken for and I shipped it in the mail 6/13/13

IMAG1943.jpgIMAG1943.jpg IMAG1944.jpgIMAG1944.jpg

#107 10 years ago

The metal bracket is for the interlock switch when testing coils/flashers.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

really how does that work i never saw one before

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That is pretty cool! I need one!

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from soren:

WCS has one of the most awesome carom-combo shots in all of pinball.
You lock a ball and have the kickback unlit. Plunge the new ball, hit light kickback and carom Final draw. Pure Pinball Magic.

As many times as I played this in the wild back in the day, I never figured this out until I owned it! And I agree, feels great to nail it!

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

That is pretty cool! I need one!

Ditto. Although I suppose fashioning one wouldn't be to hard. Would still be cool to have one from the goodie bag!

#112 10 years ago

Played soccer since I was 5. Had the orginal Williams World Cup Soccer from 1978 I believe. It was my first pin my father got me. This version is always fun and hope to own some day. Maybe a new WCS for the a World Cup coming up in Brazil. If not maybe a hockey pin which i truly want or retheme of this game to spice things up.

#113 10 years ago

really how does that work i never saw one before

The interlock switch is mounted inside a metal bracket. Hook the yellow piece on top and it will hold in the interlock switch. Just remember that you have 50v now going to flashers and coils. Also remember to take it off before closing the coindoor.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The interlock switch is mounted inside a metal bracket. Hook the yellow piece on top and it will hold in the interlock switch. Just remember that you have 50v now going to flashers and coils. Also remember to take it off before closing the coindoor.

Thats cool know where can i get one looks like a great tool to have

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

Thanks for the interest, but I think at this point I'll keep the decals together so long as I own the machine and look to include them in a sell/trade down the road.

can you possibly provide a scan of the goalie sticker? that way people could at least repro it themselves.

#116 10 years ago

I am the owner of the WCS Owner's List. If anyone would like to send me their info, I will add it to the list.

http://webpages.charter.net/schudel5/wcs/wcs.html

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Thats cool know where can i get one looks like a great tool to have

I might have an extra. They usually show up inside a routed cab.

#118 10 years ago

Just an FYI...In my search for new parts for WCS, I found a company selling repro Soccer balls for the very reasonable price of $52.50 if anyone is looking for one. These are on Ebay now and then for more than double that price. Good luck, link below.

http://www.illinoispinball.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=97&products_id=4871

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Barrythick:

Just an FYI...In my search for new parts for WCS, I found a company selling repro Soccer balls for the very reasonable price of $52.50 if anyone is looking for one. These are on Ebay now and then for more than double that price. Good luck, link below.
http://www.illinoispinball.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=97&products_id=4871

Doh! 1 week too late. (paid $95)

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Barrythick:

Thanks, going to get one for that price even though I don't need it yet.

#121 10 years ago

I tried emailing illenois pinball in the last weeks however i never got a reply. Do they still sell anything? Since shipping to europe is 100 usd for one ball only i want to be sure they are still running a business before i transfer 150 usd.

#122 10 years ago

IPB is still in operation.

The repro balls are apparently not as sticky as the originals so they typically do not put as much action on the game. That said, what are you going to do but get a repro anyway since no other options.

#123 10 years ago

I just got mine ordered today...called and spoke to Kim. She was very nice and helpful.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IPB is still in operation.
The repro balls are apparently not as sticky as the originals so they typically do not put as much action on the game. That said, what are you going to do but get a repro anyway since no other options.

Any things better than what I currently have, a piece of metal rubbed off a 1/2 wide groove in my ball...it's pretty much useless as it sits.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I might have an extra. They usually show up inside a routed cab.

that would be great

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from Barrythick:

Still don't own the game but bought one as I will at some point soon here.

#127 10 years ago

$52.50 is a great price for a Soccer Ball. I bought a NOS one off ebay for over $100. But then I found out it was a repo and not NOS. I wasn't happy but didn't want to go through the whole ebay dispute process and I ended up just keeping it and learning a lesson in the process.

#128 10 years ago

I should buy one as a backup, but mine is still in really good shape. I am sure it is a repro though. I have already spent to much this month on the machine, I need to throttle back a bit Cliffys, LED's, Shooter rod, connectors.....it adds up

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I should buy one as a backup, but mine is still in really good shape. I am sure it is a repro though. I have already spent to much this month on the machine, I need to throttle back a bit Cliffys, LED's, Shooter rod, connectors.....it adds up

You got that right! Did you get the shooter rod with the soccer ball? My son keeps bugging me to get that one.

#130 10 years ago

I did, well the cheap one on eBay anyways Stock it isn't that great, but I sanded it down and repainted it and shot it with clear coat. Turned out pretty good I think.

WP_000995.jpgWP_000995.jpg WP_000996.jpgWP_000996.jpg WP_001001.jpgWP_001001.jpg

#131 10 years ago

Has anyone sent their wire ramp and skill shot off to be re-done in brass? If so do you think it was worth the money? Thanks, Jason

#132 10 years ago

Has any body else got an updated rom with the non-ghosting patch? I just installed the one I got and it works great! It completely eliminates the ghosting on the LEDs under the playfield! The version number is really weird though, DX-76.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Has any body else got an updated rom with the non-ghosting patch? I just installed the one I got and it works great! It completely eliminates the ghosting on the LEDs under the playfield! The version number is really weird though, DX-76.

I burn my own non ghosting roms. the non ghosting patcher allows you to version the rom as anything you want.

#134 10 years ago

Well, I didn't have access to that so I had to go to Canada for mine I honestly don't know much about the different versions. I do know that the grand champion on the new rom is 2,000,000,000 points! I think on the LA-1 rom it was stupid low at 600,000,000.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Well, I didn't have access to that so I had to go to Canada for mine I honestly don't know much about the different versions. I do know that the grand champion on the new rom is 2,000,000,000 points! I think on the LA-1 rom it was stupid low at 600,000,000.

How much was it? I have the LA-2 but still get ghosting issues. Doesn't really bother me, but if it's cheap I'll get it.

#136 10 years ago

$13ish shipped. I will PM you.

#137 10 years ago

I got confirmation yesterday that Pinball Inc. has reproduction ramps scheduled to be done this year.
Still hopeing to hear something from CPR on a re-run of plastics, will post if I hear anything.

#138 10 years ago

what exactly does a non-ghosting patch do?

#139 10 years ago

It keeps the leds if you have them in the playfield from ghosting. Which means they completely shut off instead of lightly flickering when they are supposed to be off.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from Barrythick:

I got confirmation yesterday that Pinball Inc. has reproduction ramps scheduled to be done this year.
Still hopeing to hear something from CPR on a re-run of plastics, will post if I hear anything.

Thanks!!! Keep us informed!

#141 10 years ago

After sweating it out thinking I might not be able to get a replacement...Found goalie plastic and sticker at site below. Haven't received it (shipped yesterday), so can't yet speak to quality. Assume it's NOS.

http://www.littleshopofgames.com/

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I did, well the cheap one on eBay anyways Stock it isn't that great, but I sanded it down and repainted it and shot it with clear coat. Turned out pretty good I think.

Nice job. Colors match the machine well. Will have to add this to my "someday" project list - after I get everything else 100% working.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I think so too!

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

After sweating it out thinking I might not be able to get a replacement...Found goalie plastic and sticker at site below. Haven't received it (shipped yesterday), so can't yet speak to quality. Assume it's NOS.

if this dont work out i made some out of some flexable plastic works very well on mine good luck

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

It keeps the leds if you have them in the playfield from ghosting. Which means they completely shut off instead of lightly flickering when they are supposed to be off.

Yes, but what does the coding of the patch do to get the lights to shut off? In other words, what is this patch telling the game to now do so it knows to cut power completely?

#147 10 years ago

It updates the wpc light matrix code to the newer version. Newer games don't ghost nearly as bad. Some not at all.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Thanks, just bought one of these. Figure I will use it as a template to make some more for myself.

#149 10 years ago

Easy to make i used a some flexable plastic

Goalie_pads.pngGoalie_pads.png

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Easy to make i used a some flexable plastic

what kind of plastic did you use and where did you get it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 159.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.