(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 170.
#1401 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Wonky? Please define wonky!
Again, does it run in test (both directions)? If so, then nothing is wrong with the motor/motor circuit, it has to be a switch or setting.

No, it doesn't. That's what's confusing me.

The board receives the correct voltage during test.
The motor is not burnt out (runs fine when I hook a battery up to it).
The wires show continuity.

However, when I hook it up, the wires are only pulling like 0.20V through them.

E: May have found the problem...

#1402 9 years ago

It doesn't help that you're cross posting in two different threads...

#1403 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

It doesn't help that you're cross posting in two different threads...

My updates are few and far between here. Will it please you if I delete my comments here?

E: Quite frankly, I have found that the folks who have been able to help me out have been spread out from tech side, locally, and here. Not everyone visits all sides of site...

#1404 9 years ago

It's just common forum etiquette that's all. It's just wasting peoples time if you're 'making' them think of things that you've already gone over in other threads. I think posting a link to the main thread is acceptable.

#1405 9 years ago

It's just common forum etiquette that's all. It's just wasting peoples time if you're 'making' them think of things that you've already gone over in other threads. I think posting a link to the main thread is acceptable.

Fair enough.

That said, I have finally fixed my game to 100%. Time to start playing!

#1406 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Fair enough.

Great, now say what it was in case others have the same problem later and they come looking in this thread.

#1407 9 years ago

Here's a link to the other thread for future reference

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bunch-of-odd-wcs94-issues

#1408 9 years ago

WCS Plastics are available at CPR!!!!

#1409 9 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

WCS Plastics are available at CPR!!!!

That is one sweet set! Now if I could only find a couple 'a hun layin' round the house...
Seriously, that set would be an awesome upgrade.

#1410 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Fair enough.

Good job Nicoga! This rule sheet helped me get a grasp of the rules. Enjoy!

http://pinball.org/rules/worldcupsoccer.html

#1411 9 years ago

When I turn on my game it makes a very loud "boing" type noise from the speakers, then quiets way down when the music begins. Does this happen on all WCS games when they are turned on? Thanks

#1412 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

When I turn on my game it makes a very loud "boing" type noise from the speakers, then quiets way down when the music begins. Does this happen on all WCS games when they are turned on? Thanks

It makes a bong, but it should be no different from your T2 or HS2.

#1413 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

It makes a bong, but it should be no different from your T2 or HS2.

Similar sound yes, but my WCS is super loud compared to T2 or HS2 though.

We each own all three of those pins? No way!

#1414 9 years ago

Yes, the "boing" noise is very loud on my machine on startup regardless of volume setting. This is normal I believe.

#1415 9 years ago

It's so you can hear it from across the room... or downstairs... or outside.

#1416 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

It's so you can hear it from across the room... or downstairs... or outside.

It's like the dinner bell..

Players from all around will immediately recognize it, and come storming to play!

#1417 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Players from all around will immediately recognize it, and come storming to play!

EXACTLY! Now that's what I'm talkin' bout.

#1418 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Is it like Pavlov's dogs? Player's salivate when they hear the noise and then have to run to play!

#1419 9 years ago

I'm in!

#1420 9 years ago

Is there a different translite for WCS?

#1421 9 years ago

Good job Nicoga! This rule sheet helped me get a grasp of the rules. Enjoy!
http://pinball.org/rules/worldcupsoccer.html

I'm so glad you posted this! I finally got my last issue sorted out yesterday (had to replace the motor control board because I THINK it fried). When I was playing, I realized I had no idea what I was doing. The game is a blast to shoot, but I'm at the point where I want to work the game a bit and see if I can't make progress towards "beating" it.

Somewhat related, do you guys find that you need to make minor adjustment to the star rollovers every once in a while?

Quoted from Manhattan:

Yes, the "boing" noise is very loud on my machine on startup regardless of volume setting. This is normal I believe.

I was actually wondering if there's a way to turn that down/off. It's SUPER loud.

Quoted from pacman11:

Is there a different translite for WCS?

I don't know why so many people want an alternate translite for this game - I find the dog kind of adorable.

#1422 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I find the dog kind of adorable.

We're going to have to relieve you of your man card now.

#1423 9 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

We're going to have to relieve you of your man card now.

I shredded it up months ago when we got our miniature schnauzer. No shame in succumbing to the cuteness, haha.

On topic, having put a few games in with my fully working soccer ball...I can say that some of my games go ridiculously well (750m with little effort), and others go terribly (100m with bricked shots left and right). Having not delved much into the rules yet, it appears as though points build really fast during multiball. But I imagine you can increase your earnings in multiball by doing SOMETHING prior to starting it?

#1424 9 years ago

Hello all! Just got mine yesterday and love it, but have an issue that hopefully you can help me with. The magnet lock is not working, and from doing a search it seems it may be a fuse. So I took out the fuse in question, F904. Now, I am an extreme newbie to pinball, and am hoping just switching this fuse will fix it. Now, from what i have read it seams this is a 3A slow blow 250V. Is this hard to find? Will I need to order online or can I use something else? Also, if it is not the fuse, would it be the coil not working? Thanks for all the help!

#1425 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I shredded it up months ago when we got our miniature schnauzer. No shame in succumbing to the cuteness, haha.
On topic, having put a few games in with my fully working soccer ball...I can say that some of my games go ridiculously well (750m with little effort), and others go terribly (100m with bricked shots left and right). Having not delved much into the rules yet, it appears as though points build really fast during multiball. But I imagine you can increase your earnings in multiball by doing SOMETHING prior to starting it?

Multiball is not the point scoring opportunity in this game. You get all the points from completing the skill modes (ultras), that adds to your bonus, all the score is really from bonus. Sure, you get jackpots and stuff, but get the modes complete and max out your bonus in those, and then travel to all the cities and defeat Germany in the finals. Regular multiball, while fun, isn't a huge goal for big points...mostly.

#1426 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Hello all! Just got mine yesterday and love it, but have an issue that hopefully you can help me with. The magnet lock is not working, and from doing a search it seems it may be a fuse. So I took out the fuse in question, F904. Now, I am an extreme newbie to pinball, and am hoping just switching this fuse will fix it. Now, from what i have read it seams this is a 3A slow blow 250V. Is this hard to find? Will I need to order online or can I use something else? Also, if it is not the fuse, would it be the coil not working? Thanks for all the help!

Did you check to see if the fuse is indeed blown? That's the first thing I would do. You can check Radio Shack, Lowes, Menards, etc for the fuse, but it may be tough to locate.

Do the loop gate and lock ball magnet work fine?

Multiball is not the point scoring opportunity in this game. You get all the points from completing the skill modes, that adds to your bonus, all the score is really from bonus. Sure, you get jackpots and stuff, but get the modes complete and max out your bonus in those, and then travel to all the cities and defeat Germany in the finals. Regular multiball, while fun, isn't a huge goal for big points...mostly.

See, I should probably read the rulesheet, haha. I don't really even know how to start/complete the skill modes nor do I know how to travel the cities.

#1427 9 years ago

wcs it's impossibile to understand from the pinball itself. you have to check somewhere else
like here: http://pinball.org/rules/worldcupsoccer.html

#1428 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Did you check to see if the fuse is indeed blown? That's the first thing I would do. You can check Radio Shack, Lowes, Menards, etc for the fuse, but it may be tough to locate.
Do the loop gate and lock ball magnet work fine?

Yes, everything else seems to be fine, im pretty sure it is blown. Im just not sure if anyone has a fuse like that around here. I was hoping perhaps I could switch it with something more available.

#1429 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

It is getting harder to find appropriate/specific fuses at your local hardware store. Most stores carry some but the variety is shrinking. Automotive parts stores still carry some as well. Worth a try perhaps.
If to no avail, Pinball Resource is THE online stop for fuses. Virtually any fuse you would need. They are cheap too at only $1 for a box of 5. Get that bad boy up and running and go kick some goals!

#1430 9 years ago

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's getting love at the Video Game Rescue arcade in Jax FL here.
People cheer on the game, fascinating!

#1431 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Yes, everything else seems to be fine, im pretty sure it is blown. Im just not sure if anyone has a fuse like that around here. I was hoping perhaps I could switch it with something more available.

3A slow blow fuses are very common in pinball, you might as well have a few handy considering how cheap they are.

If you can see it's blown then just get a fuse. Otherwise you can rule out the fuse by just swapping F904 and F903 which should both be 3A slow blow. Check the number on the fuse itself to make sure you actually have the correct fuses in the machine. You can rule out the coil by swapping with the magna save coil. Could be something else too, like whichever switch on the left turns the magnet on. Go into the test menu on the machine and test your switches and the magnet coil.

#1432 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Quoted from HighProtein:

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's getting love at the Video Game Rescue arcade in Jax FL here.
People cheer on the game, fascinating!

Story time:

When this game came out, i was working in an arcade down in Atlanta (where my TZ was, as well). Every lunchtime during the week, we'd have these three business men come in and play the game. They would hoot and hollar with the announcer - so much we could hear them clear outside the arcade in the mall.. "GGGOOAALL!!".

They made my day everytime I was thee and they came in. I started giving them bonus tokens, which they enjoyed the heck out of.

#1433 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

But I imagine you can increase your earnings in multiball by doing SOMETHING prior to starting it?

I find the best way to good scores is to shoot the left orbit and light the bonus lanes at the top. This will light your "Travel" award and advance your cities. You can also do this by shooting both the left and right ramps. Unfortunately the right ramp is really difficult and also very dangerous. For this reason I use the orbit. City advancement is the key to scoring big, plus there is a few bonuses on the way up the city ladder like extra ball and Boston Tea Party. Always shoot the "Striker Hole" beside the goal when it is lit. One of my favorite Striker awards is "Advance Three Cities" for the reason mentioned above. Of course there is also an extra ball award in there too. Search back to an earlier post of mine in this thread for a great way to get the Striker extra ball award using the magnet above the left flipper.

#1434 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I imagine you can increase your earnings in multiball by doing SOMETHING prior to starting it?

In addition to the other great suggestions here I would add, that by scoring goals and lighting the Ultras (Goalie, Ramps, Spinner Pops) before starting multiball, it then makes multiball more lucrative. Although multiball is lucrative in it's own right if you can make 3 or 4 goals. This becomes easier as you become more familiar with the game.
Of course travelling to Los Angeles is still the most points (if you can beat Germany) as others have stated.

#1435 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I was actually thinking about how fun it would be to able to update the code every couple of years to reflect the most recent World Cup.

I would be happy if it said England instead of Great Britain.

#1436 9 years ago

Anyone want to take a wager on where and how the switch titled "Left Ramp Drop-Thru" would be mounted?

#1437 9 years ago

Probably the one up on the left ramp before it drops through the hole onto the lower ramp?

#1438 9 years ago

OK, just finished reading the rules and I have a question.

Is there ever a 2-ball multiball?

I had the lock arrow lit earlier and shot the right ramp. When it hit the gate just before the magnet, the sound played for the magnet, but the ball didn't get stopped by the magnet - it just fed to my left flipper. I hit the ramp again and got the same sound (indicating a ball lock again), but the ball fed to my flipper.

However, on another instance, when I hit the right ramp, the ball DID lock by the magnet. Is that an issue in my game that I need to figure out, or is there some reason/mode/progress that would cause that?

E: I should add - the magnet didn't even kick on. It's not as though the lock post didn't work. It just never turned the magnet on.

#1439 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Probably the one up on the left ramp before it drops through the hole onto the lower ramp?

Yeah, I'm wondering whether it was on the main ramp, so that all balls would activate it (even ones that exit ramp normally), or somehow mounted so that ONLY balls dropping down into the jets activate it.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

OK, just finished reading the rules and I have a question.
Is there ever a 2-ball multiball?
I had the lock arrow lit earlier and shot the right ramp. When it hit the gate just before the magnet, the sound played for the magnet, but the ball didn't get stopped by the magnet - it just fed to my left flipper. I hit the ramp again and got the same sound (indicating a ball lock again), but the ball fed to my flipper.
However, on another instance, when I hit the right ramp, the ball DID lock by the magnet. Is that an issue in my game that I need to figure out, or is there some reason/mode/progress that would cause that?
E: I should add - the magnet didn't even kick on. It's not as though the lock post didn't work. It just never turned the magnet on.

There's no 'real' 2-ball multiball, but it can be started with only two balls. (i.e. If the lock magnet doesn't catch the ball, or if multiball is started via Striker, a bad lock switch causes the ball to be kicked out after being caught, etc.)

#1440 9 years ago

I'd also check proper alignment/operation of the switch just above the magnet/upper playfield in the ramp if lock is lit but the magnet doesn't activate.

#1441 9 years ago

Soccer Balls are in, will be available to our resellers this week and will be on the PPS store as well ... I see already on BAA store

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-WCS23-6709

#1442 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

There's no 'real' 2-ball multiball, but it can be started with only two balls. (i.e. If the lock magnet doesn't catch the ball, or if multiball is started via Striker, a bad lock switch causes the ball to be kicked out after being caught, etc.)

Actually if you do not lock a ball and just shoot the final draw you will have a two ball multiball.

#1443 9 years ago

I'd also check proper alignment/operation of the switch just above the magnet/upper playfield in the ramp if lock is lit but the magnet doesn't activate.

Yeah, I'm going to play with the glass off this week and see if I can't recreate the scenario. It only happens once every couple of games, so I wasn't sure if it was an actual issue or if it were just a setting/mode that I wasn't aware of. Plus, that right ramp can be a bitch to hit...So I find myself avoiding it more often than not, ha.

#1444 9 years ago

I'm gearing myself up for a complete restoration on mine. Found all the decals, all new ramps, new targets, screws bolts, new stickers, custom work target sticker work is ongoing, LEDS ordered and new complete silk screened plastics on the way. Also just bought a scanner and plan on doing a full cab decal restore. Custom GOAL Topper. If I get a chance to finish my powder coat oven...I'll powder coat the side rails, legs and a few other goodies. This game is going to be EPIC!!!!

#1445 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Actually if you do not lock a ball and just shoot the final draw you will have a two ball multiball.

I thought that you had to at LEAST shoot the ramp (for the game to 'think' you had a ball locked) before Final Draw was lit. i.e. When you complete all skills, the 'Final Draw' doesn't light right away..

#1446 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I thought that you had to at LEAST shoot the ramp (for the game to 'think' you had a ball locked) before Final Draw was lit. i.e. When you complete all skills, the 'Final Draw' doesn't light right away..

That's what's happening - game thinks I have locked a ball and Final Draw gets lit. Magnet doesn't engage, so I will only have a 2-ball multiball.

Silly game.

I did manage my first 1bil score this weekend, so that was pretty rad!

#1447 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

That's what's happening - game thinks I have locked a ball and Final Draw gets lit. Magnet doesn't engage, so I will only have a 2-ball multiball.
Silly game.
I did manage my first 1bil score this weekend, so that was pretty rad!

Yeah, I'm guessing either the magnet didn't turn on in time, or that switch just up from the magnet wasn't tripped.

Keep in mind, too, that the magnets have a heat breaker in them - if they get too hot (i.e. Get stuck on), it'll trip, deactivating the magnet until it cools down. I do NOT think this is happening in your case, but it's always a possibility..!

#1448 9 years ago

Wondering if anyone else experiences stuck balls around the spinner and left ramp area?

We have a WCS on location and lately it seems there have been a rash of balls getting stuck in the spinner area (above and to the side of the spinner support bracket). I am not sure if the game is missing some sort of clear plastic protector in this area or if this is just a common issue.

I think the ball is getting spun/launched off of the spinning soccer ball and ocassionally just gets an odd bounce.

Any other WCS owners have a similar experience. I can take a photo to show where it is getting stuck the next time I am in at the bar.

#1449 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Any other WCS owners have a similar experience. I can take a photo to show where it is getting stuck the next time I am in at the bar.

I have never had a ball get stuck there on two different machines.

#1450 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Soccer Balls are in

Now I just need the Cabinet decals

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.