(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 170.
#1301 9 years ago

With so many of these out there why hasn't anybody run complete plastic sets or complete ramp sets. Popularity of the game speaks for itself.

#1302 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Nearly impossible, occasionally a few will pop up on eBay etc. It's one of the more difficult machines to fine spare parts and plastics for, especially the big ramps.

Yeah, my big ramp has seen better days. Any word repos?

At least I can get a new soccer ball!

#1303 9 years ago

Ramps are in progress with Pinball Inc, per James. CPR has made plastics, I've used a couple sets.

#1304 9 years ago

Hot tip, thanks JWJ for the info.

#1305 9 years ago

Thanks again John. Can't wait for the ramps.

I wish I could get a hold of the CPR plastics, but might try and scan and make my own as the really big plastic and the left sling are junk.

#1306 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Ramps are in progress with Pinball Inc, per James. CPR has made plastics, I've used a couple sets.

I'm pretty sure that Starship Fantasy bought Pinball Inc's ramp business:

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Starship-Fantasy/425677310856707

They do, however, still play on bringing out the WCS ramp set "next".

#1307 9 years ago

it's been 'soon' and 'next' for quite a while. But I do believe they will be done at some point.

#1308 9 years ago

Hello fellow pinheadsimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1309 9 years ago

I just bought a wcs would really like to get my hand on a set of new plastics and a lower ramp

#1310 9 years ago

Congrats, great game. In a word:fun.

#1311 9 years ago

I hate that my game is in pieces right now...Even not working 100%, the game is simply fantastic.

#1312 9 years ago

When I spend an evening in my gameroom I have fallen into a pattern, or as I call it now a rotation. Start off with Big Game(my first pin) then a game or two of Amazing Spiderman. Next up is Batman Forever until I get frustrated. Finally, World Cup Soccer. It is the grand finale, the icing on the cake!

#1313 9 years ago

Anyone have tips on how to remove the apron?

#1314 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

When I spend an evening in my gameroom I have fallen into a pattern, or as I call it now a rotation. Start off with Big Game(my first pin) then a game or two of Amazing spiderman. Next up is Batman Forever until I get frustrated. Finally, World Cup Soccer. It is the grand finale, the icing on the cake!

It is definitely a just have fun sorta game.

#1315 9 years ago

Just picked up this awesome game.!!

#1316 9 years ago

my first pinball machine! yaaay! been wanting one for years.

just tonight the goalie stopped working. boooo......

I did the goalie test (yep...still broken) and checked for loose wires. Not sure next step for diagnostic.
Anyone know of a good process for troubleshooting this?
Id hate to just start throwing (expensive) parts at it

#1317 9 years ago
Quoted from Evan55:

I did the goalie test (yep...still broken) and checked for loose wires. Not sure next step for diagnostic.

Check the optos....you might get lucky and one is dirty or misaligned......not too expensive, regardless...good luck!!!.....mark

#1318 9 years ago
Quoted from Evan55:

Nice choice for your first machine. Don't sweat it, after you get the kinks worked out it will be fine. Wanting a pin and finally getting one.... what a difference! Enjoy

#1319 9 years ago

Do you hear the motor move when the goalie should be moving? If not make sure the motor wires are attached properly and well, check the optos (you can use most phone cameras to see if they are transmitting), and once you've determined those are all good, check the fuse for that circuit.

#1320 9 years ago

...(you can use most phone cameras to see if they are transmitting)...

What do you mean by this?

#1321 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone have tips on how to remove the apron?

is it different than other games? Is this your first? I can look at mine later but on every apron I have ever removed you want to lift the playfield up a little (maybe put a rolled up rag between it and the cabinet) and you will see two screws right on the edge of the playfield. Then you need to push the apron up toward the backbox, there are two little tabs on the apron that are under brackets. look in the attached picture to the left, above the cross hairs on the playfield, thats one of the metal brackets that the apron tabs are under.

apron_removed.jpgapron_removed.jpg
#1322 9 years ago

I managed to get it off, but it was a bear.

I tried my best to sketch the issue that I was running into. The screws that hold the wire on the apron have a small housing on the backside of the apron. One of the housings was over the top/hooked onto the ball trough. I'm not sure if that's normal, but it was dumb and made getting the apron off incredibly difficult!

issue.JPGissue.JPG
#1323 9 years ago

Do you hear the motor move when the goalie should be moving? If not make sure the motor wires are attached properly and well, check the optos (you can use most phone cameras to see if they are transmitting), and once you've determined those are all good, check the fuse for that circuit.

thanks for the tips, no I cant hear the motor running.
Can I use a multimeter on the motor contact pads to see if it is getting current?
could I hook a battery directly up to the contacts (with the machine off) to see if the motor runs? 12V DC ?

great trick for the optos.

#1324 9 years ago

Yup, that would be my next step, check it out with a multimeter and see if you're even getting voltage there, if not, I'd check out the fuse next. If that's good, check out the connectors and make sure that the interface between the wiring harness and boards are making good contact etc. After that, you're into board level testing.

#1325 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I managed to get it off, but it was a bear.
I tried my best to sketch the issue that I was running into. The screws that hold the wire on the apron have a small housing on the backside of the apron. One of the housings was over the top/hooked onto the ball trough. I'm not sure if that's normal, but it was dumb and made getting the apron off incredibly difficult!

issue.JPG 41 KB

Normally you just unscrew it and push the apron forward and lift out...

#1326 9 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

What do you mean by this?

Optos emit Infrared light, most cheap optics (most cell phone cameras fit into this category) do not have an IR filter so you can visualize the IR light easily that way. A quick test would be go into your camera mode, point a standard IR remote for your TV at your camera, if you see it flash then you should see your optos glow too.

#1327 9 years ago

Anyone have any extra plastics laying around? As I'm taking apart my new WCS project I'm finding that roughly half the plastics are homemade... just printing paper under plastic. I managed to find sling plastic replacements but that's about it.

#1328 9 years ago

Normally you just unscrew it and push the apron forward and lift out...

Yeah, on mine, those housings on the back of the apron were being dumb.

But the playfield is out! Cannot wait to play this game...

#1329 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Then i ordered Cool white flat flashers for the playfield. I Color matched the dome flashers. The goal top flasher, the ultra jets flasher, the insert behind the goal and one of the ramp yellow flashers need to be the premium flashers that have the globes on them or other wise they don't light correctly as the regular ones are flat and only project one direction.

I'm putting in a Cointaker order and was curious if anyone could elaborate on this right here. My game is in pieces as I shop it out, so I really have no clue what to order for this. Anyone able to help?

E: Particularly the premium flashers. No idea what those are.

#1330 9 years ago

Question - had a good game yesterday and went up against Germany in the finals and ended with a tie! I think I recall I plunged a ball and scored quickly and won the match!
Anyone have info on a tied match? Did you have a set amount of time to score or you would lose? Any idea how long you have to score to win? I don't remember going over the tie in the rules.

#1331 9 years ago

If you tie, it goes into sudden death. FIRST GOAL WINS!!!

#1332 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

If you tie, it goes into sudden death. FIRST GOAL WINS!!!

So, is it your real goal vs. Germany's imaginary goal? That is rough.

#1333 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Question - had a good game yesterday and went up against Germany in the finals and ended with a tie! I think I recall I plunged a ball and scored quickly and won the match!
Anyone have info on a tied match? Did you have a set amount of time to score or you would lose? Any idea how long you have to score to win? I don't remember going over the tie in the rules.

I'm guessing there's a somewhat random amount of time before Germany "scores", and that the range of times is shorter for the more difficult settings.

#1334 9 years ago

You get one or two shots in overtime. Gotta sink one quick! Anybody actually count the seconds before Germany nails it?

#1335 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

You get one or two shots in overtime. Gotta sink one quick! Anybody actually count the seconds before Germany nails it?

If you look up and you are tied at the end of the match, it must be hard to start counting to see how long it takes for Germany to score and beat you.

#1336 9 years ago

Can someone take a shot of the underside of their playfield? Was looking at mine and thinking about how I may be able to clean it up when I put mine back together...

#1337 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If you look up and you are tied at the end of the match, it must be hard to start counting to see how long it takes for Germany to score and beat you.

Oh no doubt. I was merely wondering if anyone had sacrificed the match in order to see how long it takes Germany to score. Somebody out there must have tried it.

#1338 9 years ago

Pull the glass... hit the switches... for science!

#1339 9 years ago

For science, indeed! I'll check it out tonight. Anybody know the sequence for the three way combo that scores 15m on WCS? Got one last night but it happened so fast I don't know how I did it. I know it has to do with the ramps.

#1340 9 years ago

So I am reworking the art work on my unit. backbox art is done. You can see it on page 26 anyway still working on side art. Here is what I came up with. I am not a fan of that pinball that the guy is trying to stop. Not a big fan of what I have done. Doing a pinball is tough, so I am on the fence on this. Yes, the guy has been switched out for a girl. There was a reason for that. It's my 10 year olds machine. She loves soccer. I restored 1 for my son, so now it's my daughters time. Yes, I have already heard a "10 year old" have you lost you mind. Yes, I have! My days are numbered like all of yours and 1 day it will be left behind once I am long gone. So, hopefully when she plays it, it will remind her of what dad did for just for her. Anyway back on subject. Anyone have any ideas of the pinball? Should I just use a soccer ball or what?

soccer_.jpgsoccer_.jpg

#1341 9 years ago

A soccer ball with teal panels would be nice, like the one on the playfield that contains the five words stamina, strength, speed etc. Omit the words however. It would draw in a feature of the game, one that would instantly be recognized as part of WCS. It would connect your outstanding artwork to the game itself without any printed word. Fine job BTW

#1342 9 years ago

Greetings WCS 94 fanatics, for I just have one question. My wife & I went to the York Show last Friday & picked up a very nice WCS 94 machine. It looks very good & plays great, w/ the exception of a slight problem w/ the pop bumpers. When triggered by the ball, the pop bumpers do not consistently have any sound effect. Sometimes they do as for the most part there is no sound effect. Do the pop bumpers only engage sound when ultra jets are engaged? Thanks, we appreciate any advice & insight to this small issue.

#1343 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Can someone take a shot of the underside of their playfield? Was looking at mine and thinking about how I may be able to clean it up when I put mine back together...

Anyone able to hook me up? Starting to put things together with my LED order tonight!

Also, any update on when the new soccer balls may be available? I was going to order a black and white one, but I know there was talk of possibly doing teal panels!

#1344 9 years ago

Here are some images...

underside-bottom.jpgunderside-bottom.jpg underside-middle.jpgunderside-middle.jpg underside-top.jpgunderside-top.jpg
#1345 9 years ago

Thank you - wires are routed nicer on that one than on mine. I like how they split around the main center lighting board. I'm going to toy with that a bit. Appreciate it!

#1346 9 years ago

WCS94 was well represented at EXPO! I believe I counted three(3) different machines in the Free Play areas. I think that all three were For Sale ($2900-$3K). I realize that these were "Expo Retail" prices, but they seemed a bit high for player quality pins (all the machines had issues and/or needed some TLC). I thought the average price for a decent WCS94 was still in the low $2K range. Did I miss the boat on picking up one at a reasonable price?

#1347 9 years ago

Decent machines can still be had in the $2200-2400 range. I have a gorgeous example available for $2900.00.

#1348 9 years ago
Quoted from Ogie191:

WCS94 was well represented at EXPO! I believe I counted three(3) different machines in the Free Play areas. I think that all three were For Sale ($2900-$3K). I realize that these were "Expo Retail" prices, but they seemed a bit high for player quality pins (all the machines had issues and/or needed some TLC). I thought the average price for a decent WCS94 was still in the low $2K range. Did I miss the boat on picking up one at a reasonable price?

I landed a nice one not that long ago for $2250. If you are patient and stick to your price range while at the same time remain vigilant I am sure you'll get yours! Rest assured you did not miss the boat. This game is far too common.

#1349 9 years ago
Quoted from Ogie191:

Still easy to find in the 1400 to 2400 range depending on what you are looking for.

I recently passed on one for 1400 that needed lots of love. I have seen nice playing examples recently for 2100, 2300, and a near perfect for 2400.

Expo prices on everything were too high! People just hoping for a sucker or pricing at "make me sell" prices.

1 week later
#1350 9 years ago

Any update on when the colored soccer balls might be made available? If it's going to be a while, I'll just order a black and white one since I'll be needing one in about a week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.