(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 170.
#1051 9 years ago

Happy World Cup everyone! I'm sure this pin will get special attention at various game viewing parties

#1052 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Luckily, I just got a bunch of used plastics this week to replace a different one that was missing.

I'm still looking for the plastic that sits above the TV Award hole. I'm guessing that's the one you needed (or it wasn't included in what you got), but if not, I'm interested. I have a poorly-home-made replacement there now.

#1053 9 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

I'm still looking for the plastic that sits above the TV Award hole. I'm guessing that's the one you needed (or it wasn't included in what you got), but if not, I'm interested. I have a poorly-home-made replacement there now.

Yup, that was the one I needed, sorry. If I had another, it would be yours.

#1054 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Really nice job!! The pictures are great! I have a purple strip from Comet that I will play with, but I would want white for the stadium lights. It may be the exposure of the pictures but it looks like the blue on the playfield really comes out, do you have any other blue LEDs anywhere other than the 3 bulbs between the stadium lights? Also your bumpers seem blue too, what bulbs do you have in there? I've only tried various greens (tower SMD, frosted) and aren't 100% happy with that look.
Thanks! Your pictures also helped me figure out that I am missing another plastic! The round one with the kicker above the diverter is not on my machine. Luckily, I just got a bunch of used plastics this week to replace a different one that was missing. The box does have that round kicker plastic, so all I need to do is to get a standoff to mount it on and I'm set!
Again, nice job and it really is a great pinball that our whole family enjoys! Lou

Bumpers cool white....

#1055 9 years ago

Clear dome CT

#1056 9 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

I'm still looking for the plastic that sits above the TV Award hole.

I have one that was given to me. I was able to get a new plastic set when they were available recently. I will pass it along to you if you'd like
PM sent
2014-06-12 18.25.33.jpg2014-06-12 18.25.33.jpg2014-06-12 18.25.39-538.jpg2014-06-12 18.25.39-538.jpg

#1057 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

I have one that was given to me. I was able to get a new plastic set when they were available recently. I will pass it along to you if you'd like
PM sent

Big bump, Willie! Thanks much! Looks like a big improvement over mine for sure.

#1058 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bumpers cool white....

That makes sense, cool white & teal bumpers would go to the blue side...I'll try that.

#1059 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

I was able to get a new plastic set when they were available recently.

Were available right? otherwise I would love to know where I could get a set.

#1060 9 years ago

Anyone else holding out on a shop job until the Pinball Inc. ramps and CPR plastics rerun appear? Hopefully sooner rather than later...I figure if they are coming out in the next couple months, why tear the machine down twice...

#1061 9 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

Were available right? otherwise I would love to know where I could get a set.

Yes! Were. PPS had them in stock a couple months ago and they went fast http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=PPS-31-1925-COMP&Category_Code=GS-2811

Quoted from ellray:

Big bump, Willie! Thanks much! Looks like a big improvement over mine for sure.

Your welcome ! just doing my part to pay it forward.

#1062 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Anyone else holding out on a shop job until the Pinball Inc. ramps and CPR plastics rerun appear? Hopefully sooner rather than later...I figure if they are coming out in the next couple months, why tear the machine down twice...

The ramps are the first thing to come off, it's not bad.

#1063 9 years ago

Love me some World Cup Soccer! Had World Cup Finals and Final Draw lit at the same time today, finished with a cool 3.2 billion(no extra balls). What a fantastic pin, couldn't decide between playing some more or actually watching todays games
photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

#1064 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Your welcome ! just doing my part to pay it forward.

This guy... one of the best in the hobby.

#1065 9 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Love me some World Cup Soccer!

I had a WCS with the factory topper, yours is the only other i've seen with it installed. I don't think they're common.

#1066 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I had a WCS with the factory topper, yours is the only other i've seen with it installed. I don't think they're common.

I've never seen the topper before. Got a good pic?

#1067 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I've never seen the topper before. Got a good pic?

Marco actually has it listed in stock right now
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1925-18-SP

#1068 9 years ago

Nice. I just thought that was the ramp decal.

I want to buy a replica WC trophy for a topper. It would be cool to install some flashers on top of the backbox like Jurassic Park, and flash the trophy.

#1069 9 years ago

If anyone happens a cheap 'n' dirty one within a few hours of Columbus, Ohio, please let me know! I thought I had a deal hammered out for one, but now it's looking like that has fallen through.

#1070 9 years ago

Need other stuff like plastics and ramps more, but if someone knows of an NOS translite, please let me know? Thank you in advance.

#1071 9 years ago

I had a problem with my WCS pop up recently that I was able to solve and just thought I'd pass along the info in case it ever arises for someone else, since I wasn't able to find anything about it online. (This probably wouldn't even have stumped an experienced pinsider, but I am definitely still on the learning curve.)

The problem was that on Final Draw multiball, if the ball kicked up to the shooter wasn't put into play immediately, a second ball would be kicked up. And I also had a test message about the position 3 trough opto, so the solution seemed simple and logical--repair the opto, which, if it was bad could easily lead to a situation where the game would think it hadn't yet kicked up a ball when in fact it had.

Well the problem with the opto was simply alignment (pressing on the transmitter pcb would change the switch position), and there isn't much to be done to change the alignment of the led/receiver path, as both components are tightly soldered to pcbs that include the other 5 trough optos. By loosening the mount screws for the transmitter optos, I was able to get the #3 opto to behave in the switch test. Job done I thought.

And, in fact, the first Final Draw worked as expected--no 2nd ball kicked up--but the subsequent ones reverted to the old behavior, kicking up 2nd balls in every case.

The switch test showed the the #3 opto was working fine, so at this point I was perplexed. On no other occasions did the pin show confusion about how many balls had been kicked up, so it had to be something about the multiball setup. And it didn't seem logical that it would be some random electronic problem in the boards.

Finally, after scouring the manual for a bit, I re-did the trough opto testing with balls in the trough. That showed me that the #3 opto was still misbehaving when there were balls in the trough! The weight of the balls was apparently enough to put off the operation of the opto.

I took off the apron to get at the playfield above the trough, and found one of the trough mount screws to be very loose (although I don't think it could affect anything about the alignment--the opto pcbs are mounted directly to the trough). I also installed a plastic trough insert that I'd had on hand. And finally, I cleaned all the opto receivers and re-mounted both the transmitter and receiver opto pcbs.

After all of the above, the trough switch tested solid, and Final Draw is back to a 3-ball multiball.

#1072 9 years ago

If all goes well I am joining the club tonight!

#1073 9 years ago

I am now in the club! Time to join everyone else waiting for ramps and plastic sets.

#1074 9 years ago

Slow to post, but joined this club 2 weeks ago - great game! One of the most "fun" playing pins I've owned for sure.

#1075 9 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Slow to post, but joined this club 2 weeks ago - great game! One of the most "fun" playing pins I've owned for sure.

It is, the world championship is very intense multiball.

#1076 9 years ago

Bought the game recently and still don't understand the coin toss lights and what to shoot for, so any help or guidance would be great.

Have my side posts up high and things were difficult, then I waxed the playfield and wow this game is fast! I have the Getaway and that is fast, but the playfield is more open. WCS gives you less time to think with a shorter playfield. Right ramp can be a drainer if you miss. The 4 bottons to light the goal have knocked the ball coming back down the playfield down the drain more than a few times. The final draw shot, with the scoop on a slight angle, is not an easy shot either.

This game is tougher than I expected and can't wait to dig in.

#1077 9 years ago

For the coin toss, you need to hit each of the drops. Once you get all three you travel to the next city. These are pretty tough to hit. I actually put new black post sleeves in and the bounce made it impossible to hit what you were trying to hit. I ended up changing them to yellow cliffy sleeves and they have a better bounce. They look better too.

The coin toss is done with every new ball launch, the launch after a lock, or at the launch to start normal multiball. It doesn't light for saved balls.

I always go for the farthest one first, then the middle, then the short.

#1078 9 years ago

That's the skill shot, if you complete all three lights on the cointoss you are awarded points. You have to hit all three holes.

#1079 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

For the coin toss, you need to hit each of the drops. Once you get all three you travel to the next city. These are pretty tough to hit. I actually put new black post sleeves in and the bounce made it impossible to hit what you were trying to hit. I ended up changing them to yellow cliffy sleeves and they have a better bounce. They look better too.
The coin toss is done with every new ball launch, the launch after a lock, or at the launch to start normal multiball. It doesn't light for saved balls.
I always go for the farthest one first, then the middle, then the short.

Got it, thanks! You are right, it seems like I have very little control of which hole the ball will end up. I will get some Cliffy sleeves and change the color also.

Saw your pictures and what a great arcade you have by the way! You have so many great titles.

#1080 9 years ago

Hmmmm no flashers and fuse f111 is good. Any idea where to look next?

#1081 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Transistors

#1082 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

No flashers at all? That would be strange... get the manual and check out page 2-48, that lists out the flasher positions, flasher solenoids, transistor drivers, and connectors associated with every flasher on the machine. Let us know which ones don't seem to work and we'll try to help from there.

#1083 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Stupid question: are you testing it with the coin door open? They won't flash with that open.

#1084 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Saw your pictures and what a great arcade you have by the way! You have so many great titles.

Wish I could keep every one of them, but have to change it up you know. I really like every machine I have now though, good variety of play style. Looking for an RBION though, and I'd trade away the WCS for it...

#1085 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Wish I could keep every one of them, but have to change it up you know. I really like every machine I have now though, good variety of play style. Looking for an RBION though, and I'd trade away the WCS for it...

RBION is on my want list also. Love it! There is a comic book shop that has pins in Portland, Maine (where I am from) that has a RBION. I am going there next week for vacation and will play the crap out of it while I have a chance.

RBION is a poor man's TZ. Well, not that poor.

#1086 9 years ago

I put mine at a arcade/bar 2 weeks ago. Don't know if is because the World Cup is going on or more likely the new pin at the arcade, but it is doing close to my Star Trek Pro. Have it set at 1-$.50/4-$1.50/6-$2.00. The STPro is at 1-$.75/3-$2.00, so the WCS is getting quite a bit more play.

#1087 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Stupid question: are you testing it with the coin door open? They won't flash with that open.

Stupid answer....Yes. I was there tonight working on and sure enough thats what I found. Luckily it was the first thing I tried. Either way I would of found out when I saw this
Everything works now.... or worked before. Thanks everyone.

I added one of those 7 led strips from comet aiming down on the goal. It looks incredible.
This game is so cool, Love it.

#1088 9 years ago

Thanks! I've collected video arcade games for 20 years and I'm trying to settle into my "final" lineup. I have 5-6 project games to finish up, and I still have to find a nice Q*Bert. It's going to be my last pickup to crown the collection.

I've had a few pins just in the last 3 years. WCS is my keeper and hopefully someday I'll be able to branch out and pick up a few more. Prices are just too high for me and I have enough video projects that I'm trying to keep my focus on those. My current project is building a Fix if Felix Jr. with my daughter. She wanted to "make a game" and loves that game, so it was an easy project to take on.

In case you didn't see it, here's a video I took a while ago of my current lineup:

#1089 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Stupid answer....Yes. I was there tonight working on and sure enough thats what I found. Luckily it was the first thing I tried. Either way I would of found out when I saw this
Everything works now.... or worked before. Thanks everyone.

I had done the exact same thing and was baffled. Which is how I knew to ask it.

#1090 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Thanks! I've collected video arcade games for 20 years and I'm trying to settle into my "final" lineup. I have 5-6 project games to finish up, and I still have to find a nice Q*Bert. It's going to be my last pickup to crown the collection.
I've had a few pins just in the last 3 years. WCS is my keeper and hopefully someday I'll be able to branch out and pick up a few more. Prices are just too high for me and I have enough video projects that I'm trying to keep my focus on those. My current project is building a Fix if Felix Jr. with my daughter. She wanted to "make a game" and loves that game, so it was an easy project to take on.
In case you didn't see it, here's a video I took a while ago of my current lineup:
» YouTube video

Arcades are a great bang for your buck! How many arcade games can you buy for the price of a WCS? 5-6 or even more if you can do some work on them. Enjoy the ride.

#1091 9 years ago

Added a 7 smd strip from comet at the goal Love it!!

IMG_20140625_171419.jpgIMG_20140625_171419.jpg IMG_20140625_171356.jpgIMG_20140625_171356.jpg
#1092 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Added a 7 smd strip from comet at the goal Love it!!

IMG_20140625_171419.jpg 288 KB

IMG_20140625_171356.jpg 304 KB

Great idea!!! I added one above each of the stand lights and a couple of spots......couldn't figure out how to light that area.....is it high enough where a ball can't bash the strip?....mark

#1093 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

.is it high enough where a ball can't bash the strip

oh yeah it on the top front edge. It would have to be a crazy ball to hit it.

#1094 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Sweet....my next project.....thanks for the idea!!!....mark

#1095 9 years ago

I put one down (well not down its on the top edge) in the drain also.

#1096 9 years ago

Not trying to spam the thread, but I'd love to find one in Ohio soon.

#1097 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Not trying to spam the thread, but I'd love to find one in Ohio soon.

They come up all the time. Just keep looking. I was ready to drive to NH for one and was talking to a friend and he had one he was tired of playing. Worked out for me. Got the game for cheaper and no gas was spent.

#1098 9 years ago

Got it, thanks! You are right, it seems like I have very little control of which hole the ball will end up. I will get some Cliffy sleeves and change the color also.

Actually, I find that the skill shot is highly dependent on the state of the shooter rod. If it's loose and fluid without any stickiness, and the spring isn't too stiff, then the shot is much easier. I find that the center shot is default (easiest and usually where I miss when going for the short or long shot), so I start with short, then do the other 2 in any order.

#1099 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

That theoretical crazy ball would come off the lip of the assist hole--I get air on those shots regularly, though generally not as high as the crossbar.

#1100 9 years ago

Really? Sounds like that coil is a bit strong if you hit the top bar from the assist hole.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.