(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 170.
#1001 9 years ago
Quoted from ashermau5:

im putting leds in my machine any reccomendations or tips

I'm very happy with the kit from Pinballbulbs.com, except for the rear LED strip. I currently have mine off, but others have said to cover every other LED with something and it tones it down a bit.

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/world-cup-soccer-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

#1002 9 years ago

I had one for two weeks. Nobody was around to help me bring it upstairs. I got frustrated (and out of room), so I sold it to a friend for the price I paid. Never left my car, until it was in his garage.

Oh WCS, I never knew thee....

Glad I didn't buy that soccer ball shooter....(but they look great!)

#1003 9 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Nobody was around to help me bring it upstairs.

Hmm, no friends?

Quoted from Dbaum88:

so I sold it to a friend for the price I paid.

Nice friend.

#1004 9 years ago

Hey, I offered to help on moving pins. Dbaum is blinded by EMs right now and has made some nice pick ups recently. Hence, a DMD had to go and why not sell it to a friend?

#1005 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Hmm, no friends?

Nice friend.

All on vacation, bad back, etc. I can't blame them, I've got stairs. Greg did volunteer as did a neighbor. Greg was rewarded with a beautiful WCS. But Greg, you're gonna have to help move in the next one. Lol.

#1006 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

This thread has quite a few great suggestions. It's a lot to sift through but worth it.
Quick thoughts: Purple under the cities. I like the multi colored scheme some people have done under the "Ultra" inserts. I like my color changing LED under Final Draw. Backglass I used greens behind the grass, blue under the map, yellow behind the trophy.

I would suggest cool white under the purple city inserts. Purple washed out the actual letters on the inserts. If I remember right the pinballbulbs.com kit used cool whites there and they looked really good. I tested a few different colors when putting in the kit, just to see what I preferred and I really liked the cool whites.

#1007 9 years ago

Have you been to a tournament or league event that had a special side contest or game-specific event on WCS?

I have a league event coming up this weekend and wanted to have a side event of some kind on WCS since this year's Cup is starting soon. Would appreciate hearing your suggestions on creative WCS-specific rules/format for this side event.

It would be interesting to compile suggested game-specific side event rules for popular titles, actually... leagues and tournament directors everywhere would find them useful, I'd imagine.

#1008 9 years ago

Send me any good mod ideas. I need to move mine back into the house and fix the weak flipper before Kristin beats me with it. It's the only game she really likes and it's been down for months now. She is really tired of the ACDC, Metallica and LaGrange soundtrack.

#1009 9 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Have you been to a tournament or league event that had a special side contest or game-specific event on WCS?

Took my WCS to a pingolf tourney last year and had people try to get to Boston. Depending on how hard your machine is set up it's about a par 3.

#1010 9 years ago

Just joined the club. Please, kids and non pinheads and wife - enjoy this game as much as I will! No?
i have some questions and comments Questions-
I have a players game- I love playing the crap out of my players games.

So is it worth getting Cliffys if I already have hole and scoop wear and how hard is it to install Cliffys?

I will get a new Soccer ball - which is a good place to buy from? Are some better than others?

Also, I need a right ramp - will they ever be reproduced?

Thanks for your help. I am looking forward to a slightly deeper rules game than my fast, dumb and fun games - T2 and HS2.

Greg

#1011 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Just joined the club. Please, kids and non pinheads and wife - enjoy this game as much as I will! No?
i have some questions and comments Questions-
I have a players game- I love playing the crap out of my players games.
So is it worth getting Cliffys if I already have hole and scoop wear and how hard is it to install Cliffys?
I will get a new Soccer ball - which is a good place to buy from? Are some better than others?
Thanks for your help. I am looking forward to a deeper rules game than my fast, dumb and fun games - T2 and HS2.
Greg

Great game!!!...family favorite....Cliffys...YES!!!....kind of hard to get a couple on ( lots of plastics) but helps keep the ball centered.....right ramp (Marco)....the rest, not sure ( I got mine from Australia for a hefty tag).....read back for advise on the ball......a great thread for a great machine!!!....good luck......mark

#1012 9 years ago

I picked up a WCS94 about a month ago and was told the ball wouldn't spin. I've been able to get the ball going, but it blows fuse F116 after a short time of running. I'm not really sure where to start in diagnosing this problem from here.. hoping someone here has come across this issue before!

#1013 9 years ago
Quoted from sethington:

I picked up a WCS94 about a month ago and was told the ball wouldn't spin. I've been able to get the ball going, but it blows fuse F116 after a short time of running. I'm not really sure where to start in diagnosing this problem from here.. hoping someone here has come across this issue before!

Hard to say without seeing it in action. How does the motor feel when running? Could be something as simple as too much drag causing the motor to work harder. Could be the motor is on its way out and drawing to much current. I replaced mine for $120 (motor and gearbox). Installation is a breeze.

#1014 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great game!!!...family favorite....Cliffys...YES!!!....kind of hard to get a couple on ( lots of plastics) but helps keep the ball centered.....right ramp (Marco)....the rest, not sure ( I got mine from Australia for a hefty tag).....read back for advise on the ball......a great thread for a great machine!!!....good luck......mark

Thanks, man. Come to Atlanta in a few weeks for the Southern Fried Gaming Expo. Hope to see you and others.

#1015 9 years ago

Thanks, man. Come to Atlanta in a few weeks for the Southern Fried Gaming Expo. Hope to see you and others.

That I might do...........

#1016 9 years ago

Not sure you'll find this a deeper rules game, but it is fun.

Cliffys are annoying to install on this machine due to the layers of things that need to come off the playfield to access the holes (and goal area). Your call on whether it's worth it on your machine. You can also run into an issue with the "assist" hole cliffy impeding the shot to goal--not insurmountable, I think, but I've read about others who had a problem with it (I didn't with mine). And I find that they occasionally don't want to stay perfectly flat to the playfield--also fixable.

New ramps will supposedly be available from Pinball Inc (https://www.facebook.com/PinballInc) sometime "soon". I was told via message that they are next in the design/manufacturing queue.

The soccer ball is important to the gameplay, so good that you're replacing yours if it's lost its "stick".

See you in the World Cup Final!

#1017 9 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

Not sure you'll find this a deeper rules game, but it is fun.
Cliffys are annoying to install on this machine due to the layers of things that need to come off the playfield to access the holes (and goal area). Your call on whether it's worth it on your machine. You can also run into an issue with the "assist" hole cliffy impeding the shot to goal--not insurmountable, I think, but I've read about others who had a problem with it (I didn't with mine). And I find that they occasionally don't want to stay perfectly flat to the playfield--also fixable.
New ramps will supposedly be available from Pinball Inc (https://www.facebook.com/PinballInc) sometime "soon". I was told via message that they are next in the design/manufacturing queue.
The soccer ball is important to the gameplay, so good that you're replacing yours if it's lost its "stick".
See you in the World Cup Final!

+1

#1018 9 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

And I find that they occasionally don't want to stay perfectly flat to the playfield--also fixable.

How? My free kick hole doesnt stay down at all any more :-/

#1019 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I already have wear around the holes, so it would just protect them from further wear. I believe they are around $90, so I could just skip the cliffys and take $100 off the value when I go to sell or trade the game in the future. What you you do?

#1020 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

OK, by "fixable", I guess I meant theoretically fixable: I've had some luck simply going in and re-pressing the offending cliffy into place. It also looked (on my game) like the problem was caused by screwholes that are just slightly off, and if it were bad enough, I'd attempt to drill or file the hole on the cliffy to better match the playfield. Another possibility is some re-applied adhesive, though I don't know what I'd recommend.

Though pins aren't probably going to last forever, it does feel good preventing cumulative damage that could eventually require some serious playfield repair.

#1021 9 years ago

Just ordered a new right lower ramp, with decals, new soccer ball and coil sleeve for my diverter which gets stuck in the middle sometimes.

I will wait and see on the cliffys, but will probably purchase.

Excited to get the game cleaned up so I can dig in.

#1022 9 years ago

Stuck diverter is often due to rubbing against the ramps as the rod passes through them. So, if your coil sleeve doesn't do the trick, take a look at the alignment of the ramps.

#1023 9 years ago

I will check the ramps and see if they rub against the diverter rod. My coil sleeve was dirty anyway, so I will change it out. Thanks for the tip.

#1024 9 years ago

Got to the world cup multiball for the first time last night and that is one exciting multiball! This game is staying for quite a while, that was such an adrenaline rush! I love the way the flippers die at the end, such a great touch!

#1025 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Got to the world cup multiball for the first time last night and that is one exciting multiball! This game is staying for quite a while, that was such an adrenaline rush! I love the way the flippers die at the end, such a great touch!

It is a rush, one of the better multiballs ever. The way the lights die out when Germany scores etc, gives you a real sense of urgency. I tend to only plunge three balls at a time, otherwise they're just getting in the way of each other. The best I've ever done vs. Germany in the world cup is 8-2.

#1026 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

It is a rush, one of the better multiballs ever. The way the lights die out when Germany scores etc, gives you a real sense of urgency. I tend to only plunge three balls at a time, otherwise they're just getting in the way of each other. The best I've ever done vs. Germany in the world cup is 8-2.

Agreed......just beat Germany 5-4...almost forgot to plunge.....was down 3-4 and pulled it out w 3 seconds!!!...what a rush!!!

#1027 9 years ago

help!

so the manual says i need

4700-0033-00

Flatwasher 17/64 x 3/4 x 15ga.

anybody know where I can find these suckers at?

#1028 9 years ago

I don't think my Soccer Ball "kicks" the ball around enough. Seems when it hits the bottom diameter of the ball, very little happens, If the ball gets airborne and hits the soccer ball it throws it around pretty good. Do I need to rough up the soccer ball so it throws the pinball around or is it normal not to have much action on the bottom diameter of the soccer ball?

#1029 9 years ago

It puts a wicked spin on it.

#1030 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I tend to only plunge three balls at a time, otherwise they're just getting in the way of each other.

Yeah I will try that next time, I was so excited I just kept plunging them. It was so fast I was not paying attention. During the game against Germany, is the goal always lit or do you need to shoot a ramp to relight it like in regular multiball?

#1031 9 years ago

Always lit, I've only ever beaten Germany in final draw and world cup in the same game once.

#1032 9 years ago

Anyone know where to get a goalie plastic? I don't seem to be finding them in stock anywhere online at the moment...

#1033 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Anyone know where to get a goalie plastic? I don't seem to be finding them in stock anywhere online at the moment...

Today is your lucky day pm me your address

#1034 9 years ago

I've had my WCS94 for years. Bringing it back to a great players condition game was a challenge at times.
My question is this. It is about gameplay.
I have never had more than 1 ball locked in the mini side left playfield. Is it even possible to lock more than one ball there?

#1035 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

My question is this. It is about gameplay.
I have never had more than 1 ball locked in the mini side left playfield. Is it even possible to lock more than one ball there?

I believe thats there for a two (or more) player game. So if you lock the ball as player one it stays there, and if player two locks a ball behind it, the first one drops down instead of a new ball going to the shooter lane, and it catches the second one in a sense creating a new locked ball.

#1036 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I believe thats there for a two (or more) player game. So if you lock the ball as player one it stays there, and if player two locks a ball behind it, the first one drops down instead of a new ball going to the shooter lane, and it catches the second one in a sense creating a new locked ball.

That's correct, there will never be a 2 balls locked there for a multiball, it also protects against a ball that accidentally goes into the lock lane from a ramp shot.

#1037 9 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. Just wanted to make sure my game was working right..and it is.

#1038 9 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Turbo always helping out with the goalie plastics! You da real MVP!!

#1039 9 years ago

I was playing a really good game this weekend. Got all the cities but of course drained before I could start the final match. LOL. I'm finally getting the hang of the Travel shot. For some dumb reason that shot is the hardest for me to hit. I can even hit the right ramp more consistently. I had 7 cities flashing waiting for travel loops in that game. I finally got the shot down by backhanding it from the left flipper. I can hit it every time doing that.

#1040 9 years ago

Pretty cool Topper......Licensed ball available at Dicks for $20.00 ( not the match ball for $ 160.00 but looks way cool for this use):

image-615.jpgimage-615.jpgimage-989.jpgimage-989.jpg

Thinking I might put some spots behind it.....

#1041 9 years ago

Nice topper! I was thinking of making a topper with one of those replica world cup trophies that I see on ebay...however they are still $50 plus for a larger one, maybe after the world cup the price will get reasonable.

I like your LED's about the stadium light graphics, was thinking about doing that. What type led did you use? Looks like a strip. Do have any closer pictures of your playfield? I'm converting to LEDs (individual, not kit) and so far have found the best GI schemes just by trying random placement of different colors.

#1042 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Nice topper! I was thinking of making a topper with one of those replica world cup trophies that I see on ebay...however they are still $50 plus for a larger one, maybe after the world cup the price will get reasonable.
I like your LED's about the stadium light graphics, was thinking about doing that. What type led did you use? Looks like a strip. Do have any closer pictures of your playfield? I'm converting to LEDs (individual, not kit) and so far have found the best GI schemes just by trying random placement of different colors.

Thanks!!! the ball was only $20.00 and "Official" logos w pic of trophy and gold!!! Not a playable ball (made in china, but for a topper...YES!! (still figuring out how/ if to light it w/ spots).

Those are Comet LED strips above the stadium lights on the backbox. Literally plug and play, and look great!!!

I've played w different colors around the pf (and backbox)...right now I like having the green give a bit of "field" look as opposed to blasting purple everywhere. Did add those spots and they helped alot.....mark

#1043 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

I'll shoot some close up shots of pf tonight (having to do some opto work anyway, so glass will definitely be off)...

#1044 9 years ago

What would be the best material to use to replace the goalie plastic infront of the goal. Mine is shot to death but I don't want to use a plastic that will break easily and I don't want to use rubber either. Anyone have an idea???

goalie.jpggoalie.jpg
#1045 9 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Hats off to Turboderf. He sent me a goalie plastic last month!

#1046 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I don't want to use rubber either

Why no rubber? That thing gets bashed a lot so it seems to make sense.

#1047 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Here's a few shots ( just w my iPad, so not amazing).....but you get the idea ( chose more green than all purple to just give it a little "grass" feeling)...I'm definitely getting one of Herg's OCD controllers for this machine, as ghosting is still pretty heavy on the ramps, even w ct frosted non ghosters.

Overall, very happy, and love the machine !!!....

image-556.jpgimage-556.jpgimage-114.jpgimage-114.jpgimage-530.jpgimage-530.jpgimage-458.jpgimage-458.jpgimage-543.jpgimage-543.jpgimage-47.jpgimage-47.jpg

#1048 9 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Hats off to Turboderf. He sent me a goalie plastic last month!

you are welcome sir

#1049 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Here's a few shots ( just w my iPad, so not amazing).....but you get the idea ( chose more green than all purple to just give it a little "grass" feeling)...I'm definitely getting one of Herg's OCD controllers for this machine, as ghosting is still pretty heavy on the ramps, even w ct frosted non ghosters.
Overall, very happy, and love the machine !!!....

Really nice job!! The pictures are great! I have a purple strip from Comet that I will play with, but I would want white for the stadium lights. It may be the exposure of the pictures but it looks like the blue on the playfield really comes out, do you have any other blue LEDs anywhere other than the 3 bulbs between the stadium lights? Also your bumpers seem blue too, what bulbs do you have in there? I've only tried various greens (tower SMD, frosted) and aren't 100% happy with that look.

Thanks! Your pictures also helped me figure out that I am missing another plastic! The round one with the kicker above the diverter is not on my machine. Luckily, I just got a bunch of used plastics this week to replace a different one that was missing. The box does have that round kicker plastic, so all I need to do is to get a standoff to mount it on and I'm set!

Again, nice job and it really is a great pinball that our whole family enjoys! Lou

#1050 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Really nice job!! The pictures are great! I have a purple strip from Comet that I will play with, but I would want white for the stadium lights. It may be the exposure of the pictures but it looks like the blue on the playfield really comes out, do you have any other blue LEDs anywhere other than the 3 bulbs between the stadium lights? Also your bumpers seem blue too, what bulbs do you have in there? I've only tried various greens (tower SMD, frosted) and aren't 100% happy with that look.
Thanks! Your pictures also helped me figure out that I am missing another plastic! The round one with the kicker above the diverter is not on my machine. Luckily, I just got a bunch of used plastics this week to replace a different one that was missing. The box does have that round kicker plastic, so all I need to do is to get a standoff to mount it on and I'm set!
Again, nice job and it really is a great pinball that our whole family enjoys! Lou

Lou,

Thanks!!!...Yes the Blue (CT dual led nonghosters) look great on the playfield.....can't remember what I put under the bumpers, I'll look tonight and post (think they might just be cool white)...the comet white LED strips for stadium lights look like a natural fit and work great......The added spots really helped too (used Comet 4led Purple for those,,seems to bring the color out)...
Family favorite machine for sure!!!...having to manually plunge multiball is really cool as you can delay when the madness starts.......mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 16.00
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.