(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 170.
#901 9 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

JLou04, is there a specific reason you want it to be able to tokens? Are you trying to fully relive your memories of the arcade? I only because as a newbie, you may not be aware that you can set it for free play, in which case you would need neither tokens or coins.
Just wanted to be sure that you knew you could set it to free play.
Dave

Hi Dave - When I got the machine, it was set on free play. I find it more fun and challenging when you have to plug coins into it, and more rewarding when you hit the replay and find those extra balls. I have it set for quarters right now, and have a bowl of quarters next to it (and, of course, I do have the coin door key!). I also have one of those Japanese cruise ship slot machines and, as a result, a metric %$^ton of tokens. So I'd like to convert the pin to tokens so I can use the same coins for both the slot and pin.

jeffsgames - Thanks for the video! It was helpful for one of the mechanisms that kept getting stuck but, unfortunately, it looks like the stock mechs are in fact quarter only.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the more research I do, the more it looks like I'll need to get either token-specific or universal mechs.

Thanks for your friendly welcome and help so far!

#902 9 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

I can't recommend the complete kit from Pinballbulbs.com enough. I was sold when I saw the before/after on their website and now I'm happy to be a spokesman after they've been installed. Looks fantastic. The only change I did was block out (black tape) every second led on the teal light strip at the top. I might even block out a few more as the teal is a very strong colour and kinda washes other colours out at the top. After I was done I couldn't believe the difference. It looked like a new game. So crisp and bright. The spots really made a huge difference as well. I really like playing in the dark and WCS is very dark on the PF above the flippers. Plus spots look so cool even when they are not on. I knew it wasn't just me when my wife actually noticed the difference. She says she can't see the difference between SD and HD on a television so it must be awesome!

I agree completely. I'd suggest getting some black Gorilla Tape to cover the LEDs on the back strip. I used regular electric tape for a while but the heat caused it to peel off. No problems after I did the Gorilla Tape.

20140416_193816-633.jpg20140416_193816-633.jpg

20140416_194029-744.jpg20140416_194029-744.jpg

20140416_194046-272.jpg20140416_194046-272.jpg

Looks better:
20140416_194758-951.jpg20140416_194758-951.jpg

I also came up with what I felt was the best bulb layout for the backbox. They now have my pic on their site to help. The default was too "purple" so I added a few cool whites to bring it down a little bit.

20140416_192435-139.jpg20140416_192435-139.jpg

20140416_195023.jpg20140416_195023.jpg

#903 9 years ago
Quoted from JLou04:

jeffsgames - Thanks for the video! It was helpful for one of the mechanisms that kept getting stuck but, unfortunately, it looks like the stock mechs are in fact quarter only.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the more research I do, the more it looks like I'll need to get either token-specific or universal mechs.

I thought all mechs could be adjusted but I could be wrong. I picked up a Pachislo a couple months ago and as complicated as those are, there were even ways to adjust them to go from token to quarters if you wanted to. I left mine tokens. I did notice that many of my Japanese tokens are steel so they are magnetic. If that's the case with yours, you'll never be able to adjust that without removing the magnet.

Here's a helpful thread on KLOV about coin mechs. Video game mechs but should be similar.
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=276254&highlight=coin+mech+tokens

#904 9 years ago

Thanks, jeffsgames, I'll take a look!

As an aside, I've noticed that a lot of you have color cards with Striker on them for the rules on the left side of the apron and the price on the right hand side. Does anyone happen to have extras they'd be willing to sell or know of anyone selling originals or reproductions?

Heck, even if someone wanted to scan theirs, I'd be happy to print out color copies!

#905 9 years ago
Quoted from JLou04:

Thanks, jeffsgames, I'll take a look!
As an aside, I've noticed that a lot of you have color cards with Striker on them for the rules on the left side of the apron and the price on the right hand side. Does anyone happen to have extras they'd be willing to sell or know of anyone selling originals or reproductions?
Heck, even if someone wanted to scan theirs, I'd be happy to print out color copies!

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/card/cardu.htm

#907 9 years ago

UPDATE: forget it, I see now it's a strip. //Probably a dumb question, but why tape over LEDs instead of just installing every other one? What's the point of putting an LED in and then taping over it?

#908 9 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

I can't recommend the complete kit from Pinballbulbs.com enough. I was sold when I saw the before/after on their website and now I'm happy to be a spokesman after they've been installed.

Did you buy the flashers too? Are the LED flashers needed for the game? I noticed the kit does not include them. How many do I need if I was going to buy them?

#909 9 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

Good luck getting it straight. (Did you change your Avatar for this exchange?)

Cheers ellray, sent an email with photos attached, now waiting for a response. No, the pic of the Hulk was used as my Avatar when I first joined the Pinside community. I wish I could turn into the Hulk sometimes .
Can you ellray or anyone else on this forum tell me if the correct mounting bracket / ball deflector has been installed (refer to photo below). I thought the plastic above the mounting bracket / ball deflector is supposed to sit flat???
Does anyone have a photo of this part of the playfield?

Thanks!

worldcupsoccer4.jpgworldcupsoccer4.jpg

#910 9 years ago

Here's a photo of mine. Looks like yours is quite bent? Maybe someone stood on it?

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG

#911 9 years ago

Looks like the right one but was bent.

#912 9 years ago

Hey All - I told you I'd have a lot of questions as a newbie, and here's the first important one...

I just got a replacement spinner ball from Marco, but it doesn't have the hole in the top to attach. What would you recommend as far as getting it attached? Drill my own hole? Just jam the screw right in? Punch a starter hole for the screw? Obviously I want it to be centered so the ball doesn't spin all wonky.

I also got some replacement decals and a couple of LEDs to replace some burned out bulbs, as well as all new rubber. Can't wait to get home and get my hands dirty!

WCS Parts.jpgWCS Parts.jpg
#913 9 years ago

That is really odd that it doesn't have a mounting hole......

#914 9 years ago

I'd suggest calling Marco. Not sure how it is supposed to attach but if different from original that seesm to be a pretty big mistake?

#915 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'd suggest calling Marco. Not sure how it is supposed to attach but if different from original that seesm to be a pretty big mistake?

I actually called before ordering and chatted with them on the phone. They gave me the heads up that it doesn't come with a hole.

It was either that one for $49 or one of the others elsewhere online for 2x + the price. Has anyone else gotten them from Marco without holes?

#917 9 years ago

Yes, mine didn't have a mounting home either, but I haven't had trouble with it coming loose. But it's not hard to drill a hole if you want.

#918 9 years ago
Quoted from JLou04:

I just got a replacement spinner ball from Marco, but it doesn't have the hole in the top to attach. What would you recommend as far as getting it attached? Drill my own hole? Just jam the screw right in? Punch a starter hole for the screw? Obviously I want it to be centered so the ball doesn't spin all wonky.

There should be a hole, or at least a piercing, where the screw goes through the top and attaches to the spindle. In any case, the ball has a recess around the bottom perimeter that sits in a flange on the metal platter that actually spins the ball, located at the bottom. Think of a record player with the metal spindle and spinning platter. Except this spinning platter has a 1/4" flange all the way round the outside perimeter that the ball groove recesses into.

Remove the screw that holds the old ball and remove the ball. Install the new ball making sure the metal flange is inside the recess all the way around the bottom edge of the ball. This is what keeps the ball spinning true. Then, if there is no hole, push the top of the ball to feel for the spindle. Pierce the top of the ball with something sharp and pointy like a needle through the ball into the hole in the spindle. Insert the screw, tighten and you're done. Easy peasy.

#919 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Did you buy the flashers too? Are the LED flashers needed for the game? I noticed the kit does not include them. How many do I need if I was going to buy them?

I purchased the "Ultimate" kit but it did not have the flashers as you suggested. I don't think you need them. I don't think any of mine are even working. Everything looks awesome though and I don't feel the need to do any additional lighting mods.

#920 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I didn't buy any flashers either. Mine plays fine with the old flashers. Maybe some day I'll upgrade them. I just went with what the kit had.

#921 9 years ago

One more quick tip. I bought a multi-color LED at a show a couple years ago and I use it under the TV insert. It's really cool and adds quite a bit to the lighting. Gives a feeling of a TV show being shown on the screen.

Now it would be really cool to do something like the Crystal Ball in WOZ, but talk about a tough mod!

#922 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

One more quick tip. I bought a multi-color LED at a show a couple years ago and I use it under the TV insert. It's really cool and adds quite a bit to the lighting. Gives a feeling of a TV show being shown on the screen.
Now it would be really cool to do something like the Crystal Ball in WOZ, but talk about a tough mod!

When you say multicoloured, do you mean it cycles through a series of colours?

#923 9 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

When you say multicoloured, do you mean it cycles through a series of colours?

Yes. Just a simple multi-colored LED. There are now several types from most sellers, with different cycle speeds. Mine is relatively slow but I can imagine a fast changing one would be cool.

#924 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Yes. Just a simple multi-colored LED. There are now several types from most sellers, with different cycle speeds. Mine is relatively slow but I can imagine a fast changing one would be cool.

I have one of those above the ball lock magnet. Seems to fit well with the sound effect when the magnet locks the ball!

#925 9 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

I have one of those above the ball lock magnet. Seems to fit well with the sound effect when the magnet locks the ball!

That's a cool idea!

#926 9 years ago

I installed the new spinning ball, goalie decal, magna-lock button, LEDs in the goal, and flipper rubbers last night.

Even though it didn't have a hole in the top, the ball did have a dimple underneath where I just poked through with a small drill bit. Looks great. Spins nicely, and had a LOT more grab and bounce than the original. Definitely makes the game more challenging!

I'm not crazy about the blue LEDs behind the goal. They're not very bright. I might put them in the pop bumpers instead.

The biggest annoyance was, at some point someone decided that it would be a good idea to solder the back of one of the goalie's screws to the post, so I had to break the screw off to remove the goalie. For the moment, he's being held on with zip ties. This weekend I'll pick up new screws and nuts to hold him on. Just out of curiosity - how are your goalies held to the post? With screws and nuts?

WCS New Ball.jpgWCS New Ball.jpg
#927 9 years ago
Quoted from JLou04:

I installed the new spinning ball, goalie decal, magna-lock button, LEDs in the goal, and flipper rubbers last night.
Even though it didn't have a hole in the top, the ball did have a dimple underneath where I just poked through with a small drill bit. Looks great. Spins nicely, and had a LOT more grab and bounce than the original. Definitely makes the game more challenging!
I'm not crazy about the blue LEDs behind the goal. They're not very bright. I might put them in the pop bumpers instead.
The biggest annoyance was, at some point someone decided that it would be a good idea to solder the back of one of the goalie's screws to the post, so I had to break the screw off to remove the goalie. For the moment, he's being held on with zip ties. This weekend I'll pick up new screws and nuts to hold him on. Just out of curiosity - how are your goalies held to the post? With screws and nuts?

Looks great! I'll have to look at my goalie to see what holds it together. From this teardown pic I took a while ago, I think mine was held on with two bolts screwed through the goalie and leaf directly into the back plate. I don't remember any nuts there but I'll have to double check.

100_3604.JPG100_3604.JPG

#928 9 years ago
Quoted from JLou04:

I just installed my Marco ball last week. It also didn't have a hole but I just punctured it from the inside with a small
nail. Then just installed the ball and screwed it on. No problems since.

#929 9 years ago

The other balls have a hole on the inside of the ball. it is square shaped so that the post can fit in it. Does the ball from Marco have this?

#930 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

The other balls have a hole on the inside of the ball. it is square shaped so that the post can fit in it. Does the ball from Marco have this?

The one that I got from Marco has the square slot on the inside to fit over the post and, in the middle of that, a little "pimple" where the hole should be. I just used that as a guide to punch through from the inside.

#931 9 years ago

What is the life of the soccer ball. My game I bought came with a new one that I put on the game. It made a big difference. I was wondering how long it last in the home environment and should I buy a backup just in case.

#932 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

What is the life of the soccer ball. My game I bought came with a new one that I put on the game. It made a big difference. I was wondering how long it last in the home environment and should I buy a backup just in case.

I bought a second one just in case I should sell the machine somewhere down the line. In normal home use, I doubt that you would wear the ball out.

#933 9 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

I bought a second one just in case I should sell the machine somewhere down the line. In normal home use, I doubt that you would wear the ball out.

It will dry out eventually.

#934 9 years ago

Can someone shoot a pic of their MPU board and post ( showing chip orientation)?

Just replaced mine w a MPUSEC and clock now works, but still have something wrong in there...machine has a mind of its own.....thanks....mark

#935 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I bought a multi-color LED at a show a couple years ago and I use it under the TV insert.

Mine came with this and I agree it looks very cool. Would recommend.

#936 9 years ago
Quoted from diesel:

Can you ellray or anyone else on this forum tell me if the correct mounting bracket / ball deflector has been installed (refer to photo below). I thought the plastic above the mounting bracket / ball deflector is supposed to sit flat???

worldcupsoccer4.jpg 85 KB

I'm afraid mine is very similar with my plastic also pushed up a bit. My WCS is definitely a "players" machine with hot glued ramp repair and the like. The playing surface is perfect, though, and the Cliffys keep it from deteriorating around the holes, and all the mechanisms work perfectly, so I'm happy. Just waiting for the anticipated new ramp sets to come out, assuming that is still in the plans.

#937 9 years ago

I had to laugh at this and try to catch a pic...

I was playing a really fast game last night, the ball was about to drain down the right outlane, so I gave it a gentle nudge (my tilt seems to be very sensitive), after wobbling for a second, the ball perfectly balanced on the pin between the inlane and outlane. I tried not to touch it so I could take a pic, it actually sat there long enough for the machine to cycle through trying to find the ball. After a slightly MORE gentle nudge, the game continued

WCS BALANCED BALL.jpgWCS BALANCED BALL.jpg
#938 9 years ago

Looking for spinner assembly replacement
The metal spindle snapped at one end today.
Part # A-18199, cannot find this replacement part

Thank you in advance

#939 9 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

I'm afraid mine is very similar with my plastic also pushed up a bit. My WCS is definitely a "players" machine with hot glued ramp repair and the like. The playing surface is perfect, though, and the Cliffys keep it from deteriorating around the holes, and all the mechanisms work perfectly, so I'm happy. Just waiting for the anticipated new ramp sets to come out, assuming that is still in the plans.

Glad your happy with your pinnie Ellray. I decided to do some panel beating on the mounting bracket that was out of shape. Well, i'm fairly happy now that the plastic sits flat on the bracket (near the assist hole). Plastic ramps for WCS, very cool! Can't wait. Anyone reproducing the playfield in the near future?

#940 9 years ago

Now in Jpops favorite colour...

Purple ColorDMD. Purple urethane.

Jpop edition 1.jpgJpop edition 1.jpg
Jpop edition 2.jpgJpop edition 2.jpg

#941 9 years ago

That purple looks nice
Check out my green

20140411_194638.jpg20140411_194638.jpg

#942 9 years ago

Anyone have a goalie plastic (or 3) they want to part with OR trace me one so I can cut it myself? The one on my game was destroyed when I bought it.

Tried to go thru Marco, et al, but was told it was no longer being made.

#943 9 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Now in Jpops favorite colour...
Purple ColorDMD.
Jpop edition 1.jpg 130 KB

Can you shoot a video of this running? I'd be interested in seeing how it looks.

#944 9 years ago

Super fun table. Fun scoring rules.

#945 9 years ago

Word from CPR is that they are planning a re-run of the WCS plastics.

#946 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

Anyone have a goalie plastic (or 3) they want to part with OR trace me one so I can cut it myself? The one on my game was destroyed when I bought it.

I will but will be away for a week. I'm sure someone can trace it for you.

#947 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

PM sent

#948 9 years ago

Thanks Turboderf!!

#949 9 years ago

I could use some too......

#950 9 years ago

So how exactly is the magnet save supposed to work? Mine doesn't seem to ever do anything.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1,159.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.