(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 170.
#7801 1 year ago

I'm ready to offer my new WCS speaker grill decals. I now currently offer four items for WCS:

- Soccer ball speaker grill decals: $20
- 3D Soccer ball flipper toppers: $20
- Soccer ball reject inserts: $3 per pair
- Apron cards: $12 (while not my original design, I've cleaned them up some and produce them at the same quality level as all of my other cards)

Orders may be placed for individual items, multiple items, or all of the items. If purchased separately the total is $55 but through tomorrow (12/13) if you purchase all four items, then I'll take $5 off for a total of $50 (if mailing outside of US you will need to add $2 to your order total regardless of item combination). All items will be mailed via USPS first class mail in order to minimize shipping costs.

If interested in purchasing any of the items, please PM with the following information:
- The item(s) you wish to purchase
- If you are in US or in another country
In response, I will provide your order total and payment details.

Ideally, I would like to get all orders in by Wednesday so that I can get everything made and orders on their way to arrive before Christmas, so if wish to purchase please PM me at your earliest opportunity.

WCS_Speaker Grill Decals (resized).JPGWCS_Speaker Grill Decals (resized).JPGWCS_Flipper Toppers (resized).jpgWCS_Flipper Toppers (resized).jpgWCS_Coin Reject Inserts (resized).jpgWCS_Coin Reject Inserts (resized).jpgWCS_Apron Cards (resized).JPGWCS_Apron Cards (resized).JPG

#7802 1 year ago

Will take the whole package plus the F14 flipper toppers. Do this through the store?

#7803 1 year ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Will take the whole package plus the F14 flipper toppers. Do this through the store?

All purchase requests are via Pinside PM, so please send me a message and we'll get it done together.

#7804 1 year ago

Anyone have a problem with the VUK kicking the ball up so hard it flys off the wireform SDTM?

#7805 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Anyone have a problem with the VUK kicking the ball up so hard it flys off the wireform SDTM?

Do you have the plastic roof over top of your wireform? Where is the ball jumping off?

EE7185BA-184A-46D5-8EA7-DAECA6BA0BD5 (resized).jpegEE7185BA-184A-46D5-8EA7-DAECA6BA0BD5 (resized).jpeg
#7806 1 year ago

Anyone have a nice used speaker panel plastic? The repro one isn’t cutout the same which messes with my painted speaker grills

#7807 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

No, but it sounds like it has to be an alignment or interference issue. Some more detail on how it comes up, what it may or may not be coming into contact with that it shouldn't be, and where it eventually comes off the wireform would be helpful in order to help you figure it out.

#7808 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have the plastic roof over top of your wireform? Where is the ball jumping off?[quoted image]</blockquot

No, but it sounds like it has to be an alignment or interference issue. Some more detail on how it comes up, what it may or may not be coming into contact with that it shouldn't be, and where it eventually comes off the wireform would be helpful in order to help you figure it out.

Yeah, you wouldn’t think with that elbow in the wire form that it wouldn’t spit on the PF. I need to take a video in slow motion…

#7809 1 year ago

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has ordered items thus far. Very soon there will be 15 WCS pins with new soccer ball speaker decals.

#7810 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has ordered items thus far. Very soon there will be 15 WCS pins with new soccer ball speaker decals.

Thanks for making these. They are the best ones I've seen.

#7811 1 year ago

Here we go!!!
0084B6D5-F6CF-48A8-A5DF-983A46A9A4D7 (resized).jpeg0084B6D5-F6CF-48A8-A5DF-983A46A9A4D7 (resized).jpeg

#7812 1 year ago
Quoted from misterhare:

Here we go!!!
[quoted image]

Translite? Nice.

#7813 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Translite? Nice.

Ha! Maybe an every four years topper?

#7814 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just installed my decals and new apron cards—they look great, thanks!

EDCA5E6C-6FB3-4A5E-8D59-2AEDC735F7EF (resized).jpegEDCA5E6C-6FB3-4A5E-8D59-2AEDC735F7EF (resized).jpeg
#7815 1 year ago

My goalie switch 48 isn’t registering. I was looking and it seems like this wire isn’t connected and is causing a problem. Thoughts? Also is there a diode that goes there?

E1321874-009F-4BDA-85A3-4649C52D658C (resized).jpegE1321874-009F-4BDA-85A3-4649C52D658C (resized).jpeg
#7816 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

My goalie switch 48 isn’t registering. I was looking and it seems like this wire isn’t connected and is causing a problem. Thoughts? Also is there a diode that goes there?
[quoted image]

Looks like you're missing a diode.

20221219_233018 (resized).jpg20221219_233018 (resized).jpg
#7817 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Looks like you're missing a diode.
[quoted image]

Thank you

#7818 1 year ago

For the record!

C3BB48A4-2552-4A77-B144-9D98C5EC6D93 (resized).jpegC3BB48A4-2552-4A77-B144-9D98C5EC6D93 (resized).jpeg

#7819 1 year ago

So I'm still on my four-year-long quest to beat my 12-year old's 5.5B grand champ score (he was 8 at the time). 5.1B is the closest I've gotten.

But my 9-year old just screwed me over and crushed it with 6.2B. The kid beat LA twice--first time that's happened in my house.

Now both my kids have better scores than me.

#7820 1 year ago
Quoted from misterhare:

For the record!
[quoted image]

Nice photoshop!

Just kidding. Glad they won.

#7821 1 year ago

Another satisfied customer.

2C035DB5-E8B4-4AFA-8D04-8E1851362BA7 (resized).jpeg2C035DB5-E8B4-4AFA-8D04-8E1851362BA7 (resized).jpeg
#7822 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Quoted from Kevlar51:

So I'm still on my four-year-long quest to beat my 12-year old's 5.5B grand champ score (he was 8 at the time). 5.1B is the closest I've gotten.
But my 9-year old just screwed me over and crushed it with 6.2B. The kid beat LA twice--first time that's happened in my house.
Now both my kids have better scores than me.

Nice going kid. What degree pitch are you set? WCS needs to play fast, to really get the excitement going. And it brings up the difficulty to more challenging! Have fun!

#7823 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I hope WCS fans are enjoying the tournament this year. In celebration, a WCS owner recently asked if I could come up with a simple soccer shaped speaker grill mod. While not original (others have posted ways to do this in the past), he wanted something easy that didn't require removing the grills or painting.
What I came up with is a vinyl decal that can be easily applied by anyone with minimal effort. I use white vinyl and cut away the black parts (the speaker grill itself becomes the black of the ball). I think the result came out looking great, and hopefully many others will also like them.
I wanted to do is gauge interest before I officially offered them. The price will be set at $20 for the pair including US postage. To be worth the effort to me, I want to get at least 10 commitments before I offer them. Therefore, if you are interested in purchasing please reply to this post or PM me, and I'll begin compiling a list. If we get to 10 people, then I will open orders and set a deadline for the project.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look fantastic.
I am in for set

#7824 1 year ago

I am finally in the WCS94 owners club. Should have bought this YEARS ago when it was still a $1800 machine!

#7826 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am finally in the WCS94 owners club. Should have bought this YEARS ago when it was still a $1800 machine!

You mean a decade ago. Congrats on the pickup

#7827 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Yep, got mine for 2250 Dec 2013, nine years ago this month.
Enjoy

#7828 1 year ago
#7829 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Actually , about 6 to 8 years ago. This was not considered an "A" title until the last couple of years.

#7830 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Actually , about 6 to 8 years ago. This was not considered an "A" title until the last couple of years.

It’s still not an A title, it’s just gone way up in value like the rest of the 90s dmds.

#7831 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s still not an A title, it’s just gone way up in value like the rest of the 90s dmds.

What's the A title list at nowadays? ipdb top 10?

#7832 1 year ago

Just installed my decals, looks great!

AD1C96AA-4742-431B-B392-35DE66F901A4 (resized).jpegAD1C96AA-4742-431B-B392-35DE66F901A4 (resized).jpeg
#7833 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

What's the A title list at nowadays? ipdb top 10?

Same as it’s always been. I say off the top of my head:

Indy Jones
MM
MB
AFM
CV
TOM

the only games I can think of that have moved from lower rungs to A title are like shadow and white water

#7834 1 year ago

Twilight Zone, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Scared Stiff as well

#7836 1 year ago

And World Cup Soccer.

#7837 1 year ago
Quoted from misterhare:

And World Cup Soccer.

I do believe it has become an "A" or at least a B+

#7838 1 year ago

WCS soccer seems to always make it to "What game will you never sell?" or "What game do you most regret selling?" lists. But it tends not to make it to "What are the best games ever?" lists--and I'm sure a lot of that has to do with preconceived notions of what games are already expected to be on that list.

1 week later
#7839 1 year ago

Buying my first WCS tomorrow. Love this game, very excited! Any tips for a new owner? I see there are some ROM upgrades. Are these worth it?

#7840 1 year ago
Quoted from Briedis:

I see there are some ROM upgrades. Are these worth it?

I would like some input on this as well.

#7841 1 year ago

If you are getting a WCS, I would recommend going over all of the plastics and making note of any that are already cracked. Hopefully not many. The game is murderous on plastics because of how much the spinning soccer ball whips the pinball around at times. Definitely recommend you take a close look at how tight the nuts on top of the plastics are (i.e. don't have them so tight, you want there to be a small amount of room to move if/when the ball whacks them). If they don't already have the clear, plastic washers under the key areas, get some and put them in BEFORE they start breaking. One of the first ones to go will be the little leg that extends down from the left ramp base and it covers the "hard tackle" switch. This spot gets clobbered all the time from errant balls coming off the soccer ball.

#7842 1 year ago

I would love to have a set

Quoted from Briedis:

Buying my first WCS tomorrow. Love this game, very excited! Any tips for a new owner? I see there are some ROM upgrades. Are these worth it?

ROM upgrades you say???

#7843 1 year ago

Thanks Mr Tantrum. Your decals made it to Canada. FYI they survived minus 30 temperatures in my mailbox.

19D111F9-F461-459D-8FEC-BEACA3A824C9 (resized).jpeg19D111F9-F461-459D-8FEC-BEACA3A824C9 (resized).jpeg
#7844 1 year ago

Wondering if anyone has this topper:

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-toppers/wcs/

If so, any pics? Sorry in advance if this came up before. I read through almost all pages of this thread but didn’t see it.

Thanks.

#7845 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkubat:

If so, any pics? Sorry in advance if this came up before. I read through almost all pages of this thread but didn’t see it.
Thanks.

These are really bad. Super cheap and crappy. I’d stay away.

#7846 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

These are really bad. Super cheap and crappy. I’d stay away.

Just curious why you feel that way. Is it the thickness of the plastic or something else?

#7847 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Just curious why you feel that way. Is it the thickness of the plastic or something else?

It’s that they are just cheap flat plastic. There’s literally nothing to it. Might as well just make your own if you go that route.

#7848 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkubat:

Thanks.

I personally find that classic playfields makes good quality products. I've ordered a backglass, speaker panel, and plastic sets from them. That being said, I'm not a fan of the look of this topper. At the end of the day, I like my toppers with some depth, so a flat plastic piece typically does not satisfy me. However, if you like it, I'd say go for it.

There is a lot of diy topper options available for this game.

From my understanding the game came with a little topper that was a bunch of flags. This can be found here for pretty cheap: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1925-18-SP

A lot of people like to add a replica of the world cup trophy which you can find on Amazon starting around $15. I imagine it would really shine if you put some led strip lighting around it too. https://www.amazon.com/EOFLW-Replica-Collectibles-Bedroom-Desktop/dp/B0BNJ3SQPS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

I personally attached a generic ball holder to a disco ball motor to have a slowly rotating flag ball as my topper. I think it looks good, but I'm sure it's not everyone's taste. The ball was won at an arcade a while back and the disco motor I had sitting around. So it was a cheap option for me. I've attached a picture of it.

Being as striker was the official mascot of the world cup in 94 and it was held in the US. You can find little statues and things for the event on eBay and stuff that would make a good topper. From my understanding they had a different one for each location. I live near Pontiac, so here is the one they had at the Silverdome. I believe it cost me around $10 at one of my local thrift stores.

20230111_003112 (resized).jpg20230111_003112 (resized).jpg20230111_003154 (resized).jpg20230111_003154 (resized).jpg

#7849 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

From my understanding the game came with a little topper that was a bunch of flags. This can be found here for pretty cheap: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1925-18-SP
A lot of people like to add a replica of the world cup trophy which you can find on Amazon starting around $15. I imagine it would really shine if you put some led strip lighting around it too.

Here is my WCS94 Topper with the flags plastic and a Soccerball lamp.
I have added some LED stripes in white connected to GI and green connected to different flashers.
20190101_150217 (resized).jpg20190101_150217 (resized).jpg20190101_150244 (resized).jpg20190101_150244 (resized).jpg20190126_105547 (resized).jpg20190126_105547 (resized).jpg

#7850 1 year ago

I commissioned an artist to create a topper design for me featuring some all-time great pre-94 players (I didn't really want Romario or Baggio on my topper). So far her work is exceeding my expectations. Once I get the final design I will post it here for advice on who to have manufacture it. Maybe we can get a group buy going with someone and get something really nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.