(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 170.
#7751 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I can't believe I did this, I have looked through all of my photos and have no idea where this piece goes. Does anybody have any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image]

I looked all over the top of my machine, at least what I could see without taking the glass off and couldn't find anything like that. Do all your VUK have the guide rails on the side (including the ball trough up kicker)?

#7752 1 year ago

That piece goes beside the soccer ball, attached to the left edge of the ramp. I think it acts as a protector in case the ball ever got close enough to rub right on the plastic, or an errant pinball found it’s way in there.

4DCC73C3-0D27-47F4-8035-785DC5EC21D8 (resized).jpeg4DCC73C3-0D27-47F4-8035-785DC5EC21D8 (resized).jpeg
#7753 1 year ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

Hello!
I just bought WC , I decided at the last minute and I hope I did well.
A first question, is there an easy way to clean the metal from the ramps from the rust?.[quoted image]

No easy way...I put a vinyl sticker over mines on Twilight Zone. Have not thought about it since.

1 week later
#7754 1 year ago

looking for a VERY nice WCS if anyone in or near Ohio is ready to sell.

#7755 1 year ago

Hello,

I have a question about my World Cup Soccer 94 Pinball machine. I have renewed all sleeves and the soccer ball. Since that moment, when the ball hit the soccer ball, the soccer ball is faltering (hope it’s the good word) and the motor is decreasing in rates / speed… When I install the old soccer ball again the problem has gone… The old soccer ball is spinning in a constant speed. Does anyone recognizing this? Hope you understand my problem with it…

Greets,
Arno

#7756 1 year ago
Quoted from ArnoBosvelt:

Hello,
I have a question about my World Cup Soccer 94 Pinball machine. I have renewed all sleeves and the soccer ball. Since that moment, when the ball hit the soccer ball, the soccer ball is faltering (hope it’s the good word) and the motor is decreasing in rates / speed… When I install the old soccer ball again the problem has gone… The old soccer ball is spinning in a constant speed. Does anyone recognizing this? Hope you understand my problem with it…
Greets,
Arno

Any chance the new soccer ball is slightly larger than the original and it is rubbing on something? Like the ramp to the right?

If you have them both removed, you could compare the two against each other to see if there is some kind of difference.

#7757 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Any chance the new soccer ball is slightly larger than the original and it is rubbing on something? Like the ramp to the right?
If you have them both removed, you could compare the two against each other to see if there is some kind of difference.

Thanks for your reply. The new soccerball is spinning well, when starting the game… Everything is working fine then. The problem starts when the ball hits the soccerball… The soccerball is slowing down in speed and starting to speed up when the ball is away from the soccerball… Everytime when you hit the soccer ball this happens… Can it be the material of the soccerball that this happen?

#7758 1 year ago
Quoted from ArnoBosvelt:

Thanks for your reply. The new soccerball is spinning well, when starting the game… Everything is working fine then. The problem starts when the ball hits the soccerball… The soccerball is slowing down in speed and starting to speed up when the ball is away from the soccerball… Everytime when you hit the soccer ball this happens… Can it be the material of the soccerball that this happen?

I don't know if this helps, but I recently bought a new soccer ball at Marco Specialties and it has no issues. In fact it puts a lot of spin on the pinball. Way more spin than the old soccer ball.

#7759 1 year ago
Quoted from ArnoBosvelt:

Is there anything underneath, with the motor, that looks to be loose? Perhaps when the ball hits it, it's taking some of the momentum out of the motor spinning and takes a moment to catch back up? Check the electrical connections too, at the motor where they are soldered on as well as the connector that plugs into the board.

#7760 1 year ago
Quoted from ArnoBosvelt:

Hello,
Greets,
Arno

Does the new ball have more tack? If so, it's probably gripping onto the ball for longer which would cause it to slow down for a moment. I would consider this normal operation.

#7761 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I don't know if this helps, but I recently bought a new soccer ball at Marco Specialties and it has no issues. In fact it puts a lot of spin on the pinball. Way more spin than the old soccer ball.

Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Is there anything underneath, with the motor, that looks to be loose? Perhaps when the ball hits it, it's taking some of the momentum out of the motor spinning and takes a moment to catch back up? Check the electrical connections too, at the motor where they are soldered on as well as the connector that plugs into the board.

I don’t think so, because this only happens with the new soccerball. When I reinstall the old one everything is working fine again.
Maybe the material of the soccerball, but I’m a bit lost…

#7762 1 year ago

It looks like the new soccerball is a little bit bigger then the old one…

0E59BD39-FD85-4182-8A38-0213D5E8442E (resized).jpeg0E59BD39-FD85-4182-8A38-0213D5E8442E (resized).jpeg68080E34-DF64-4F54-8501-B723A3E0850C (resized).jpeg68080E34-DF64-4F54-8501-B723A3E0850C (resized).jpeg
#7763 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

NVM found it on my phone pics.
I can't believe I did this, I have looked through all of my photos and have no idea where this piece goes. Does anybody have any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's on the right side of the ball, attached to the ramp.

-edit- Ow...someone allready posted that, sorry i didn't see
wc part (resized).jpgwc part (resized).jpg

#7764 1 year ago

The flippers on my WC94 stop working after a while (about 15 minutes). Everything else keeps working. If I shut the power off and turn in on again after a while they work perfectly again. Is something overheating? What should I check or replace?

#7765 1 year ago

Do anyone have any photo's of the coin toss disassembled? The bottom part of my coin toss has become completely loss and is stopping the ball. I need to see how it is supposed to be held in place or if a spot weld has failed?

#7766 1 year ago
Quoted from Andypc:

Do anyone have any photo's of the coin toss disassembled? The bottom part of my coin toss has become completely loss and is stopping the ball. I need to see how it is supposed to be held in place or if a spot weld has failed?

I'm not sure if these can be of help or not.

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg
#7767 1 year ago

America's out for 2022. Who does everyone have winning it all?

#7768 1 year ago
Quoted from misterhare:

America's out for 2022. Who does everyone have winning it all?

So far, I think France has looked the strongest.

#7769 1 year ago

Strange things...

Switch 76 & 77 give error at startup. In switch edges test they react when a ball passes by... on / off in matrix and last activated switch

When a ball locks it's immediately released by the upkicker going down (and up again)...

Playing multiball not possible... ideas?

#7770 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Strange things...
Switch 76 & 77 give error at startup. In switch edges test they react when a ball passes by... on / off in matrix and last activated switch
When a ball locks it's immediately released by the upkicker going down (and up again)...
Playing multiball not possible... ideas?

They are located on the same switch column. Maybe something broken up the line. I would check the rest of the switches in that column and make sure everything is connected properly.

#7771 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

They are located on the same switch column. Maybe something broken up the line. I would check the rest of the switches in that column and make sure everything is connected properly.

That's exactly the strange thing...75 and 78 are working fine... and the fact they (76-77) are responding in switch edges test makes it if even more mysterious...

#7772 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

That's exactly the strange thing...75 and 78 are working fine... and the fact they (76-77) are responding in switch edges test makes it if even more mysterious...

I had something like this happen when I put my PF back together, it was a broken wire on the line. If you haven't done so already check the actual wiring on the switches.

#7773 1 year ago

just got back into the club. Such a good game for the current marketprice.

I am looking for soccer ball speaker grills and after reading through, it seems like some folks were making some. Still available?

#7774 1 year ago

Finally got my service tech to fix some nagging issues with my WCS. Everything working and playing great now. Will post some pics and video soon.

I still think this is one of the best games for families and beginner players with enough sizzle to bring back some more experienced players.

I now use the Nudge magazine article to explain to visitors how to approach World Cup Soccer and it’s perfect.

To paraphrase: “It’s like playing a video game with difficulty levels. Easy mode is just lighting the goal and scoring as many goals as you can for big points. Medium mode is building up to multiball and seeing if you can make it to the Germany match through single or multiple attempts at multiball. Hard mode is advancing through the cities to get to the final match with Germany in Los Angeles to win the World Cup.”

#7775 1 year ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

So far, I think France has looked the strongest.

Gotta look out for Portugal without Ronaldo! But I'm voting with my heart...Argentina for Messi!

#7776 1 year ago

WCS is a good example of a game you can really enjoy without loving the real life version. Soccer is very far down on my list of things to watch or follow yet I like the pinball machine a lot.

#7777 1 year ago

Thanks Nerdygrrl for post the pictures of the coin toss.20221206_133102 (resized).jpg20221206_133102 (resized).jpg
The piece of metal I have drawn round has dropped down on mine. It's stopping the ball when it is plunged. Does anyone know how it is secured? Has a spot weld failed or was it just not secured in properly?

#7778 1 year ago
Quoted from Andypc:

Thanks Nerdygrrl for post the pictures of the coin toss.[quoted image]
The piece of metal I have drawn round has dropped down on mine. It's stopping the ball when it is plunged. Does anyone know how it is secured? Has a spot weld failed or was it just not secured in properly?

It looks like on one end there is a fold tab, the rest may just be spot welded?

0 5.18.19 PM (resized).jpeg0 5.18.19 PM (resized).jpeg
#7779 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

just got back into the club. Such a good game for the current marketprice.
I am looking for soccer ball speaker grills and after reading through, it seems like some folks were making some. Still available?

Same here if anyone knows of some going.

#7780 1 year ago

^same.

#7781 1 year ago

I hope WCS fans are enjoying the tournament this year. In celebration, a WCS owner recently asked if I could come up with a simple soccer shaped speaker grill mod. While not original (others have posted ways to do this in the past), he wanted something easy that didn't require removing the grills or painting.

What I came up with is a vinyl decal that can be easily applied by anyone with minimal effort. I use white vinyl and cut away the black parts (the speaker grill itself becomes the black of the ball). I think the result came out looking great, and hopefully many others will also like them.

I wanted to do is gauge interest before I officially offered them. The price will be set at $20 for the pair including US postage. To be worth the effort to me, I want to get at least 10 commitments before I offer them. Therefore, if you are interested in purchasing please reply to this post or PM me, and I'll begin compiling a list. If we get to 10 people, then I will open orders and set a deadline for the project.

IMG_8260 (resized).JPGIMG_8260 (resized).JPGIMG_8261 (resized).JPGIMG_8261 (resized).JPGIMG_8262 (resized).JPGIMG_8262 (resized).JPGIMG_8263 (resized).JPGIMG_8263 (resized).JPGIMG_8264 (resized).JPGIMG_8264 (resized).JPG

#7782 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I hope WCS fans are enjoying the tournament this year. In celebration, a WCS owner recently asked if I could come up with a simple soccer shaped speaker grill mod. While not original (others have posted ways to do this in the past), he wanted something easy that didn't require removing the grills or painting.
What I came up with is a vinyl decal that can be easily applied by anyone with minimal effort. I use white vinyl and cut away the black parts (the speaker grill itself becomes the black of the ball). I think the result came out looking great, and hopefully many others will also like them.
I wanted to do is gauge interest before I officially offered them. The price will be set at $20 for the pair including US postage. To be worth the effort to me, I want to get at least 10 commitments before I offer them. Therefore, if you are interested in purchasing please reply to this post or PM me, and I'll begin compiling a list. If we get to 10 people, then I will open orders and set a deadline for the project.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Count me in.

#7783 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take a set.

#7784 1 year ago

I will take a set. If there are any other Canadian's interested, perhaps a group buy to save on cross border shipping.

#7785 1 year ago

I will take a set as well. Those look fab.

#7786 1 year ago

Count me in as well please

#7787 1 year ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

I will take a set. If there are any other Canadian's interested, perhaps a group buy to save on cross border shipping.

They will mail in an envelope and I’ll charge $22 instead of $20 to mail outside US.

#7788 1 year ago

Response is looking good. Well on our way, and looks like I might need to get started writing the “how to”. Install is simple, but there are a couple of things to be aware of.

#7789 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Response is looking good. Well on our way, and looks like I might need to get started writing the “how to”. Install is simple, but there are a couple of things to be aware of.

I just got a set of flipper toppers from Mr Tantrum last week. They shipped fast and are excellent quality. I have no doubt these will be the same.

#7790 1 year ago

I’ll take a set.
My WCS is bone stock and needs something new

#7791 1 year ago

Okay, seems like enough interest to do it. Give me a day or two and I'll circle back to post details and how to order.

#7792 1 year ago

i am in for a set. thx

#7793 1 year ago

I’ld take a set.

#7794 1 year ago

I’ll take a set.

#7795 1 year ago

I thought I would go ahead and post install instructions for the speaker grill decals. This way everyone can know what is required ahead of time before making their decision to purchase. Also, I don't own a WCS so you'll have to forgive me installing the decal on my Getaway for instructional purposes, but since the speaker openings are the same exact size as WCS it was a either that or no photos.

PREPARATION
- Clean the grills with alcohol using a lint free cloth (do not use paper towels), and remove any debris that may be caught in the holes.
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
- Decide which decal you are going to use on which side and the orientation you prefer. I will write L & R along with an up arrow on the decals regarding how I designed for them to be installed, but feel free to do your own thing.
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
- Place decal as is into speaker grill circle for test fit and positioning
4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

INSTALLATION (this part takes some patience, especially when removing the transfer tape and leaving the decal stuck to the grill)
- Fully install one decal at a time completely before proceeding to the next.
- Wash your hands with soap and water to remove any grease, and fully dry them before performing the installation.
- Lay the decal on a flat surface with the blue grid transfer tape side facing down and the fully clear side facing up.
- Carefully and slowly peel back the clear backing at a 45-degree angle and fully remove it exposing the adhesive side of the white vinyl - DO NOT TOUCH THE WHITE PIECES as this may reduce some of the decal's tackiness. If while peeling off the clear backing some of the white seems to come with it, then stop, lay that part of the clear back down, firmly press the decal with your finger and rub the area, then attempt to peel back the clear again leaving the white parts stuck to the blue grid transfer tape.
3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
- Holding onto a clear area of the decal (again, do not touch the white part), position the decal onto the speaker grill with the white on the inside and the blue lined transfer tape layer facing you. Be careful to place the decal exactly where you want it, as it will adhere at this point and tyring to remove it may damage the decal or decrease it's tackiness.
4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
- Firmly rub the entire area of the decal with the pad of your finger or thumb (do not use your nail or anything sharp/pointed) in order to get the white vinyl pieces to adhere to the speaker grill. While pressing firmly, do not apply more pressure than what the grill can withstand.
- Starting at the top of the decal, use your fingernail to start pulling back the clear transfer tape and then very slowly pull the tape downward at a 45-degree angle leaving the white pieces adhered to the grill. Do this is such a way that you are only revealing one piece of the white at a time, or as little of a second piece as possible.
5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
- There may be pieces that want to stay stuck to the transfer tape (partially or wholly) and not adhere to the grill. When this occurs stop peeling, put the transfer tape back over the piece, rub the entire area of that piece with the pad of your finger, and then attempt removing the transfer tape again. Repeat this step as needed.
6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg
- Slowly work your way down the entire decal until the transfer tape has been fully removed leaving the white vinyl decal pieces stuck to the grill.
7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg
- As a final step, using the pad of a clean finger, gently but firmly press down each of the white pieces rubbing the entire surface area.
- Repeat the process for the other decal

ALL DONE
- Step back
- Admire your work
- Take some pics and post them here in the Pinside WCS thread
8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg

#7797 1 year ago

WhenI realized there really wasn’t a quick solution to the speaker soccer grill, I asked Mr_Tantrum bc he’s talented and responsive. His product looked great after creating it in less than a day.

Looking forward to getting mine

#7798 1 year ago

I would love to have a set

#7799 1 year ago

Best speaker covers for WCS I've seen.

#7800 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

WhenI realized there really wasn’t a quick solution to the speaker soccer grill, I asked Mr_Tantrum bc he’s talented and responsive. His product looked great after shipping it up in a day.
Looking forward to getting mine

Yes, everyone can thank @delt31. He's had a variety of ideas and challenges for me over the last few years that I've been able to bring to fruition. I'm a full time IT guy with a multitude of hobbies, and I find myself enjoying designing and making pinball mods/accessories as one of them. I typically don't design things just to do it as nearly 100% of my mods are a result of me designing for my own machines, or pinball owners like delt31 who have bought things from me before asking if I can do something. Sometimes the answer is no, but often times I'm able to meet the requests.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 16.00
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/156 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.