(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,472 posts
  • 739 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by AlexRogan84
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
PXL_20240206_021502397~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021438171 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021337603~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
20240126_183106~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231544_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231433_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).png

There are 8,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 170.
#7051 2 years ago
Quoted from provato:

Fun fact about the game’s rules I discovered by accident today:
After completing the 5-light ball in the middle and then shoot for the lock in either ramp, if somehow the ball escapes the lock magnet (by passing by it too fast or too early), then all three lights (2 “lock” and the “final draw”) start blinking.
When I hit the “final draw” lock in this situation, a two-ball multiball game started instead of a 3-ball multiball!!!
Which means that the game is aware that it failed to lock the first ball, and tries to make amends by enabling you to start multiball with one less ball! That is amazing programming!
Has anyone shot for the “lock” light (at the ramps) instead of the “final draw” in this situation?
I really want to know if it also starts a 2-ball multiball in this case, because it is very hard to reproduce the incidence of the ball not pulled by the lock magnet…

Yep. I've done that.

I noticed someone else has answered, but yeah, it locks the ball if you hit the Lock shot again or starts a 2 ball multiball if you hit Final Draw.

#7052 2 years ago

So excited to finally have our first pin and join the World Cup fam! I'll continue going through this sub's history, but let me know if there are any 'must do' with either pinball ownership in general or anything specific with the game please.

IMG_4793 (resized).JPGIMG_4793 (resized).JPG
#7053 2 years ago
Quoted from outlanewiz:

So excited to finally have our first pin and join the World Cup fam! I'll continue going through this sub's history, but let me know if there are any 'must do' with either pinball ownership in general or anything specific with the game please.
[quoted image]

Do you mind disclosing how much you paid for it?

#7054 2 years ago

Hi all, just joined the club, payed $4k but worth every penny imo. Great to be amongst like minded pinball fans!

BEB4C5B1-68CD-475D-A91E-9E257A01DDE9 (resized).jpegBEB4C5B1-68CD-475D-A91E-9E257A01DDE9 (resized).jpeg
#7055 2 years ago

I’m having only 1 issue… it seems the magnet save by the clipper isn’t working. It doesn’t make any sound like it trying either, I checked the fuse and it’s fine and replaced it anyway with no luck. Before I go buy another magnet coil, any other recommendations. Thanks all!

#7056 2 years ago
Quoted from FieldDog1:

Hi all, just joined the club, payed $4k but worth every penny imo. Great to be amongst like minded pinball fans!
[quoted image]

Quoted from FieldDog1:

I’m having only 1 issue… it seems the magnet save by the clipper isn’t working. It doesn’t make any sound like it trying either, I checked the fuse and it’s fine and replaced it anyway with no luck. Before I go buy another magnet coil, any other recommendations. Thanks all!

Maybe it’s ‘cause of the clown puke!!!

I think the magnet is driven by a transistor. Make sure it’s still good. Magnets rarely go bad

#7057 2 years ago
Quoted from FieldDog1:

[quoted image]

I paid a little more than that but still in that ballpark. Glad to see you join as well!

Any recommendations on when you all use that magna save during gameplay?

#7058 2 years ago
Quoted from outlanewiz:

I paid a little more than that but still in that ballpark. Glad to see you join as well!

Lock a ball so that multiball is ready to start. On the plunge hold up the right flipper to pass the ball over while using the magnet to ensure the ball comes to a stop on the left flipper so that you have a clean shot at the final draw scoop.

It can also help save balls that get blocked by the goalie, but this is harder to time right.

#7059 2 years ago
Quoted from FieldDog1:

Do you check in test mode?
Take a look under the playfield and make sure all the wires are connected.

#7060 2 years ago
Quoted from FieldDog1:

[quoted image]

Welcome! Its a great game.

Suggestion..... swap out all the colored gi lamps with some cool whites from Comet. You will LOVE how the colors on the playfield pop!! Trust me.

#7061 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Welcome! Its a great game.
Suggestion..... swap out all the colored gi lamps with some cool whites from Comet. You will LOVE how the colors on the playfield pop!! Trust me.

Some spotlights will also really brighten up the middle of the game. Comet makes a kit with everything you need.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/world-cup-soccer-playfield-lighting

#7062 2 years ago

Getting ready to tear mine down and shop it out, wish me luck, looks like its going to be one of the harder ones I have done.

#7063 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Getting ready to tear mine down and shop it out, wish me luck, looks like its going to be one of the harder ones I have done.

I thought it would be too, but it's not that bad. Disassembly is straight forward and intuitive. Do it in sections and take pics. Just be careful with the diverter post and the screw and c-clip positioning, and you should be fine. Good luck, VERY pretty game when cleaned up, fresh rubber, leds.

#7064 2 years ago

right sling will fire in test mode but not in game mode. Any suggestions?

#7065 2 years ago
Quoted from bellaveraj:

right sling will fire in test mode but not in game mode. Any suggestions?

so it only fires if you go into coil test and select slingshots and it fires than? If so I would check the slingshot switches to make sure they are registering.

#7066 2 years ago
Quoted from outlanewiz:

When you’re trying to trap on the left and the ball is about to roll off the flipper. Magnet will bring it back.

#7067 2 years ago
Quoted from outlanewiz:

I use it during TV award 2 to make the extra ball shot a little easier. While holding left flipper up, use the magnet to catch the ball when it shoots out of the TV scoop. Let it roll down the flipper into a cradle when the magnet stops holding it. Then it's an easier shot to hit the striker scoop. Don't have much use for it during regular play.

#7068 2 years ago
Quoted from KOAmps:

I use it during TV award 2 to make the extra ball shot a little easier. While holding left flipper up, use the magnet to catch the ball when it shoots out of the TV scoop. Let it roll down the flipper into a cradle when the magnet stops holding it. Then it's an easier shot to hit the striker scoop. Don't have much use for it during regular play.

Thanks all for the tips on the magna save!

#7069 2 years ago

I also have a question for you experts. I just realized that my game is missing the rebound wireforms that sit underneath both of the flippers. The playfield just has holes where those are supposed to be. It looks like I can get the part from Marco, but do those just slot into the playfield or do they have to be screwed/glued on?

Also, any perspective on whether it's better to have them or leave them off and why?

#7070 2 years ago
Quoted from outlanewiz:

I also have a question for you experts. I just realized that my game is missing the rebound wireforms that sit underneath both of the flippers. The playfield just has holes where those are supposed to be. It looks like I can get the part from Marco, but do those just slot into the playfield or do they have to be screwed/glued on?
Also, any perspective on whether it's better to have them or leave them off and why?

I would install them as every once in
awhile they will help save a ball.
Just a spot of glue and tap down
with a light weight hammer.
Good to go.

#7071 2 years ago

Hi there,

Can someone post a pic of the area where the balls exits the skill shot and drops down into the right lane to the right flipper?

I disassembled the area to replace the right sling rubber and its just not sitting right.

On light plunges, the ball gets stuck.

Thanks in advance.

#7072 2 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7073 2 years ago
Quoted from hoopybox:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. Looks like I had the plastic ramp too far back and it was wedged under the skill shot.

I appreciate the pics.

#7074 2 years ago

Was just wondering how people like to hit final draw? On my game its backhand-able from the right flipper and that seems like an easier shot and less risky than trying to bang it in from the left side. Just wondered if that just how mine is setup or if others do that as well. I haven't seen people try it when watching any videos of it online.

#7075 2 years ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Was just wondering how people like to hit final draw? On my game its backhand-able from the right flipper and that seems like an easier shot and less risky than trying to bang it in from the left side. Just wondered if that just how mine is setup or if others do that as well. I haven't seen people try it when watching any videos of it online.

I can do it from both flippers on my machine, but I'm slightly more proficient backhanding it from the right flipper. It takes a softer touch from either flipper, especially the backhand.

#7076 2 years ago

So, I am wondering if anyone knows what the trick is to get this platter for the soccer ball off. I am out of ideas?

20211022_211821 (resized).jpg20211022_211821 (resized).jpg
#7077 2 years ago

Lighted flippers in!

61E6CCB9-0F8B-4789-93E7-19024E3B5CE7 (resized).jpeg61E6CCB9-0F8B-4789-93E7-19024E3B5CE7 (resized).jpeg9252DD46-71FB-4A50-8E22-1DBD5C59B732 (resized).jpeg9252DD46-71FB-4A50-8E22-1DBD5C59B732 (resized).jpeg95D3561F-2175-462B-85FA-EB64EE59138B (resized).jpeg95D3561F-2175-462B-85FA-EB64EE59138B (resized).jpeg
#7078 2 years ago
Quoted from CrabbyPatty:

So, I am wondering if anyone knows what the trick is to get this platter for the soccer ball off. I am out of ideas?
[quoted image]

Appears to be 2 grub screws, likely hex?

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 8.11.08 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-23 at 8.11.08 AM (resized).png

#7079 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

I can do it from both flippers on my machine, but I'm slightly more proficient backhanding it from the right flipper. It takes a softer touch from either flipper, especially the backhand.

I keep trying to backhand mine but rarely have success with it. Trying to hit it from the left flipper usually bricks and sends the ball out of control. Needless to say I am not able to reliably hit it yet, haha.

#7080 2 years ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Was just wondering how people like to hit final draw? On my game its backhand-able from the right flipper and that seems like an easier shot and less risky than trying to bang it in from the left side.

90% of the time I'm using the left flipper. If I happen to trap it in the right I'll backhand it, but I'd say my success is equal from both sides.

#7081 2 years ago

That was the trick, it was so rusted inside those holes I couldn't see it. You are lucky I don't know you cause I could kiss you! Super appreciate

Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Appears to be 2 grub screws, likely hex?
[quoted image]

#7082 2 years ago

I seem to have an issue with my strength light. It will light sometimes but it seems like when all the others are lit it doesn’t light up. I took a video of what’s going on if anyone has seen this before.

The light for sure does light up at different times but not always so might be some sort of board issue? New to all this thanks

#7083 2 years ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I seem to have an issue with my strength light. It will light sometimes but it seems like when all the others are lit it doesn’t light up. I took a video of what’s going on if anyone has seen this before.
The light for sure does light up at different times but not always so might be some sort of board issue? New to all this thanks

Im guessing bad socket?

#7084 2 years ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Have you tried changing the bulb? Or push the contact wires on the bulb out a bit so that they are facing the bulb’s edges and not the center.

#7085 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Have you tried changing the bulb? Or push the contact wires on the bulb out a bit so that they are facing the bulb’s edges and not the center.

I had to do this to almost all of my bulbs to have them work consistently.

#7086 2 years ago

I joined the painted speaker panel club yesterday.

Found an image I was happy with, turned it into a vinyl sticker and used that as a template for spray painting. I love it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7087 2 years ago
Quoted from JustAnotherRat:

Found an image I was happy with, turned it into a vinyl sticker and used that as a template for spray painting. I love it.[quoted image]

I thought people that had these bought them somewhere. They look awesome. Can you give me a more detailed rundown on how to do this please?

#7088 2 years ago

Found an image I was happy with, turned it into a vinyl sticker and used that as a template for spray painting. I love it.[quoted image]

That looks awesome can you share the image or template for the sticker. Do you need a special printer, are there places you can vinyl stickers printed?

#7089 2 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I thought people that had these bought them somewhere. They look awesome. Can you give me a more detailed rundown on how to do this please?

I have a vinyl cutter so I used sticker vinyl and cut the design with it, weeded the design out (I.E. removed the bits out that I didn't want that had been cut). Worked out where I wanted the final image sprayed, pulled the speaker grills out, applied the vinyl sticker and spray painted. Removed the sticker and refitted the grills.

#7090 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That looks awesome can you share the image or template for the sticker. Do you need a special printer, are there places you can vinyl stickers printed?

So the sticker is cut out of sticker vinyl rather than printed. It could be done manually I guess. Get some sticker vinyl, print the image you want at the size you want, trace it onto the vinyl and cut it out with a blade.

I'm not 100% sure of the image I used to create the sticker, but it may well have been this one, it looks pretty close. https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/soccer-ball-icon-vector-21000579

#7091 2 years ago

Close up picture of just the one side.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7092 2 years ago

Close up picture of just the one side.[quoted image]

Sooooooo.........would you be willing to sell these?

#7093 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Sooooooo.........would you be willing to sell these?

The vinyl stickers? I could do it but I have no idea what it'd cost to ship from Australia or how long it would take.

#7094 2 years ago

i split cost..Hamilton is only 20 minutes away

#7095 2 years ago

turned it into a vinyl sticker and used that as a template for spray painting

I have access to to a Cricket vinyl cutter - would you be willing to share your final file so I can make a set of templates?

#7096 2 years ago

I have access to to a Cricket vinyl cutter - would you be willing to share your final file so I can make a set of templates?

I created it in Silhouette Studio. I'm happy to share the file but do you know what format you need it in? I'm guessing the standard file type for Silhouette Studio isn't compatible with Cricut.

#7097 2 years ago

For those curious, your local gimmicky t-shirt shop should be able to cut vinyl stickers no problem. We’re talking about the “copyright be damned. We print ANYTHING!” shops.
I’ve gone there with some odd pinball requests and the guy prints out all sorts of things and charges me like $10

#7098 2 years ago

I created it in Silhouette Studio. I'm happy to share the file but do you know what format you need it in? I'm guessing the standard file type for Silhouette Studio isn't compatible with Cricut.

Ok, I have access to a Silhouette cutter, are you still willing to share the file? Pretty please?!

#7099 2 years ago

Ok, I have access to a Silhouette cutter, are you still willing to share the file? Pretty please?!

No problem. I'm not at the computer right now but will share when I'm there.

#7100 2 years ago

Hi All,

I’m still struggling with my Goal Popper coil not activating, in live play or test mode. However, when I test it with my multimeter, I get a reading of 3.8 ohms. I’m new to this, but have read that is a good reading. That said, all other coils on the machine are reading much higher than that (all over 10). Is the goal popper coil bad, or should I investigate elsewhere?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
16,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.