(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 170.
#7001 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, that's the common sign that the hold part of the coil isn't working. Usually broken wire, but in your case, since the Fliptronics board was loose and shorted, the transistor for that hold coil should be blown.

Looks like I was wrong! The coil has no hold power... very weird! I tried grounding it and nothing. Doesn’t do a thing. I think it’s got an internal break... don’t come across that every day!

This game is really routed to hell, it seems complete to me, but this guy fudged it for decades. Does this look complete and correct to the fellow owners? I’ve spent several hours already de-hacking it... minus the Elvira flipper which was the only one I had on hand

200CC858-E2A9-408A-824F-A06CDBDFEF8F.jpeg200CC858-E2A9-408A-824F-A06CDBDFEF8F.jpeg47873C7F-26B2-4B02-88C6-222AB62C2199.jpeg47873C7F-26B2-4B02-88C6-222AB62C2199.jpeg4B810977-C80F-4547-97E2-5447A33B7628.jpeg4B810977-C80F-4547-97E2-5447A33B7628.jpeg
#7002 2 years ago

That looks complete, including the broken/missing "assist/tackle" plastic every game seemingly has

#7003 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Looks like I was wrong! The coil has no hold power... very weird! I tried grounding it and nothing. Doesn’t do a thing. I think it’s got an internal break... don’t come across that every day!

Woot! Glad you got it figured, and cheaper coil replacement than a new Fliptronics board or repair.

#7004 2 years ago

I’ve just put my WCS back together and now every time I score a goal the ball flies off the wire form onto the playfield
What kind of adjustments can be made there and is that a common problem?

#7005 2 years ago

This game is really routed to hell, it seems complete to me, but this guy fudged it for decades. Does this look complete and correct to the fellow owners? I’ve spent several hours already de-hacking it... minus the Elvira flipper which was the only one I had on hand[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The brass piece on the bottom right ramp post is in the wrong location and is supposed to hold up the wireform on the top right post.

#7006 2 years ago

Got my new WCS playfield from CPR today that I am going to put into the machine I currently own. I was happy that the skin tones weren't "jaundice yellow" like another in this thread, but I did get a whole new skin tone: caramel! Just to confirm for myself how bad a color match it was, I compared some Pantone swatches (one machine was installed on a game so it was hard to put the playfields side-by-side). I honestly don't mind the mistake, since it looks like an actual skin color. I might even prefer it, as I have often wondered why all the figures on the World Cup Soccer machine were all lilly white...but still. Who lets this leave the factory like this!

The originalThe original
The CPRThe CPR
The differenceThe difference

#7007 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

The brass piece on the bottom right ramp post is in the wrong location and is supposed to hold up the wireform on the top right post.

Thank you very much! This is why I posted here, great eye!

Does it go under or over the ramp plastic in the upper corner?
There’s no indent or anything on the ramp so it’s probably been that way for most of its life.
The operator I got these from really just didn’t care at all. His way to move games was the most difficult method I’ve ever used. Just backbreaking nonsense! But I digress...

Thanks for the help, it’s now fixed!

#7008 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve just put my WCS back together and now every time I score a goal the ball flies off the wire form onto the playfield
What kind of adjustments can be made there and is that a common problem?

Where does it come off? There’s a plastic that covers the vary top of the VUK. Do you have it? Not sure how a ball would come off the wireform.

#7009 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where does it come off? There’s a plastic that covers the vary top of the VUK. Do you have it? Not sure how a ball would come off the wireform.

It comes off as it rounds the first bend and yes I have the plastic. I repositioned the ramp more to the left of the metal bracket that holds it up and that has helped somewhat

#7010 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It comes off as it rounds the first bend and yes I have the plastic. I repositioned the ramp more to the left of the metal bracket that holds it up and that has helped somewhat

Try to see what is knocking it off. Is the plastic sign on the right ramp knocking it off? The wireform has walls all the way down it. Not sure how speed or gravity is knocking it off.

Is your wireform broken? Look at the pic a few posts above. That one is complete.

A video in slow mo when it happens would help.

#7011 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Just grabbing at straws here….. do you have that little brass “L” bracket that the wire form rests on just before the first bend? If it’s not there I could guess maybe it’s drooping enough to cause the ball to jump?

2EB1B71F-1879-4212-8AA8-378FB548045B (resized).jpeg2EB1B71F-1879-4212-8AA8-378FB548045B (resized).jpeg
#7012 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Just grabbing at straws here….. do you have that little brass “L” bracket that the wire form rests on just before the first bend? If it’s not there I could guess maybe it’s drooping enough to cause the ball to jump? [quoted image]

Ok…..my bad…..I just re read that you already said you do have that bracket.

Back to the drawing board.

My next guess would be that for some reason the VUK is firing the ball too fast and it can’t handle the curve ? Did you change the coil?

#7013 2 years ago

Might a broken weld be causing the problem?

#7014 2 years ago

My magna-save magnet by the flippers isn't working. The game makes the sound when I press the button, but not magnetics. The lock magnet works fine. What would be the best way to diagnose. I know the magna-save doesn't add much to game play, but I'm trying to get my WCS 100%. All help is greatly appreciated.

#7015 2 years ago

Hoping an easy fix / troubleshooting here, but still new to this world.

Just today, balls stopped ejecting after goals. Seems like either the sensor doesn’t know a ball is in the goal, or the plunger just isn’t activating to send it back down the return ramp. Any thoughts on where to start looking for the repair?

#7016 2 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

Hoping an easy fix / troubleshooting here, but still new to this world.
Just today, balls stopped ejecting after goals. Seems like either the sensor doesn’t know a ball is in the goal, or the plunger just isn’t activating to send it back down the return ramp. Any thoughts on where to start looking for the repair?

Switch. Test. Does it register when a ball is in there? Then test the VUK in coil test next. Does it fire?

#7017 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Switch. Test. Does it register when a ball is in there? Then test the VUK in coil test next. Does it fire?

It does register when a ball is in there. How do I test the VUK?

#7018 2 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

It does register when a ball is in there. How do I test the VUK?

Coil test.

#7019 2 years ago

I'm sure it's been asked before...did any aftermarket company offer a cool topper for this game?

I have the factory one, but it seems the game was ( is) too popular to not offer something else....

Don't believe I've ever seen one...thx

#7020 2 years ago

Anyone know of any custom soccer pinballs for this game. Would be awesome to have a white an black pinball looking like a soccer ball

#7021 2 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

My magna-save magnet by the flippers isn't working. The game makes the sound when I press the button, but not magnetics. The lock magnet works fine. What would be the best way to diagnose. I know the magna-save doesn't add much to game play, but I'm trying to get my WCS 100%. All help is greatly appreciated.

Guessing a wire came off the magnet coil and it needs to be resoldered? Possibly the fuse as well?

#7022 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Anyone know of any custom soccer pinballs for this game. Would be awesome to have a white an black pinball looking like a soccer ball

That would be pretty cool.
Never seen nor heard of any though.

#7023 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

This guys does custom balls but for some reason doesn't do WCS94. Maybe we can get a run done, I would be in for a full set. I sent him a message through the website.

https://backalleycreations.com/collections/black-pearl-pinball-balls

#7024 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This guys does custom balls but for some reason doesn't do WCS94. Maybe we can get a run done, I would be in for a full set.

Depending on price, yeah I might be interested.

#7025 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This guys does custom balls but for some reason doesn't do WCS94. Maybe we can get a run done, I would be in for a full set. I sent him a message through the website.

I am also interested as long as its not something ridiculous price wise because its a one off

#7026 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Looks like he has gold pinballs as well for those that still have brass on their machines.

https://backalleycreations.com/products/gold-pinball

#7027 2 years ago

Anyone have any info on what this little fox represents? Or if there is a story behind him? LOL.

He is located on the back right corner of the right ramp behind the flasher cap.

DSC_0812 (resized).JPGDSC_0812 (resized).JPGDSC_0824 (resized).JPGDSC_0824 (resized).JPG
#7028 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Anyone have any info on what this little fox represents? Or if there is a story behind him? LOL.
He is located on the back right corner of the right ramp behind the flasher cap.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think its jpops cat
Its also on the speaker panel

#7029 2 years ago

Joined the club a little while ago and have just been cleaning and replacing parts. It's been really coming along.

IMG_0934.HEIC (resized).jpegIMG_0934.HEIC (resized).jpeg
#7030 2 years ago

I used the same ball on the left ramp that I think everyone else does which is the same as my shooter rod, but I wanted a world cup trophy at the right right right near the Final Draw so I 3D printed one and painted it. I might do green banding around the bottom yet, I haven't decided for sure.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7031 2 years ago

Add the green band and sell them. I’d buy one.

#7032 2 years ago

I've coloured the green section with a paint pen. It's not perfect, but it made a good difference.

I'd need to tweak the product before I could sell it.

#7033 2 years ago
Quoted from JustAnotherRat:

I used the same ball on the left ramp that I think everyone else does which is the same as my shooter rod, but I wanted a world cup trophy at the right right right near the Final Draw so I 3D printed one and painted it. I might do green banding around the bottom yet, I haven't decided for sure.[quoted image]

I’d buy one of the trophies too
How do you attach the soccer ball on the left ramp? Wanna add it to my game

#7034 2 years ago

I’d buy one of the trophies too
How do you attach the soccer ball on the left ramp? Wanna add it to my game

I drilled and tapped the soccer ball and got threaded rod screwed into the ball with an appropriate amount (the same length as the bolt that was there) out the bottom and screwed that in to where the bolt originally went. I used the same process for the trophy

#7035 2 years ago

Should be fine for home use, but the trophy definitely looks like it creates a ball trap behind it from the angle of the pics. Still cool…

#7036 2 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Add the green band and sell them. I’d buy one.

Add me to the purchase list as well. Looks great.

#7037 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Should be fine for home use, but the trophy definitely looks like it creates a ball trap behind it from the angle of the pics. Still cool…

I haven't managed to get a ball stuck there yet. That's one of the reasons I don't usually like mods, the increased risk of getting a ball stuck but was thinking that the shape of this and it's placement would be ok. I guess time will tell.

Here's a pic from a different angle:

#7038 2 years ago

I put a striker figure in that spot on mine and haven’t had a ball stuck yet

97357C3C-CECD-4362-A5E5-CA06ECBCC325 (resized).jpeg97357C3C-CECD-4362-A5E5-CA06ECBCC325 (resized).jpeg
#7039 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

[quoted image]

Nice! And I love the yellow wireforms!

Chris

#7040 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

[quoted image]

Where did you get the striker figure from

#7041 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Where did you get the striker figure from

ebay.com link: sch

#7042 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

[quoted image]

I've been wanting to get a striker figure, I plan on somehow mounting him up near the Striker scoop. I haven't been lucky enough to find a suitable one though. I looked for a 3d model but haven't found that either and it's beyond my ability.

#7043 2 years ago

Starting to contemplate getting into the pinball game but I just don't know if I can justify the prices of them. World Cup 94 was the one that I always played a ton when I was a kid however I haven't played one in at least 20 years. I would like to play one a little bit if I can find one around me to see if it's something I would still really enjoy or not.

Does anyone know of a place near Rockville, MD that has one to play?

I went to the MOM's in College Park a little while ago like a month after my buddy had went there and they had WC94, but when I went there, they must have switched out some of the pins because they didn't have it anymore.

If this isn't the right place for this just let me know too. This is my first post here.

#7044 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:Starting to contemplate getting into the pinball game but I just don't know if I can justify the prices of them. World Cup 94 was the one that I always played a ton when I was a kid however I haven't played one in at least 20 years. I would like to play one a little bit if I can find one around me to see if it's something I would still really enjoy or not.
I went to the MOM's in College Park a little while ago like a month after my buddy had went there and they had WC94, but when I went there, they must have switched out some of the pins because they didn't have it anymore.
If this isn't the right place for this just let me know too. This is my first post here.

Have you tried PInballmap.com?
I found Crabtowne USA in Glen Burnie, MD
It says that they have one.

#7045 2 years ago
Quoted from JustAnotherRat:

I've been wanting to get a striker figure, I plan on somehow mounting him up near the Striker scoop. I haven't been lucky enough to find a suitable one though. I looked for a 3d model but haven't found that either and it's beyond my ability.

I have the set and the one mounted in the machine is a spare. I found it near impossible to find a spot near the striker hole hence the location.
Here are some pics of my completed restoration for those that commented on the wire forms

169CE623-A61B-4240-86BF-94FA0ED7C414 (resized).jpeg169CE623-A61B-4240-86BF-94FA0ED7C414 (resized).jpeg238B9963-04A7-4987-B48D-B36A40CA07C9 (resized).jpeg238B9963-04A7-4987-B48D-B36A40CA07C9 (resized).jpeg5F23ED84-A48E-4B97-AB7E-6A570D1DEBCB (resized).jpeg5F23ED84-A48E-4B97-AB7E-6A570D1DEBCB (resized).jpeg7577F908-1D31-4D46-9C8C-46368709B010 (resized).jpeg7577F908-1D31-4D46-9C8C-46368709B010 (resized).jpeg8AC7F818-F8BE-4D4A-B106-932197EDB96B (resized).jpeg8AC7F818-F8BE-4D4A-B106-932197EDB96B (resized).jpegBD3A8175-2C71-4595-A9FA-8C90B5491A7B (resized).jpegBD3A8175-2C71-4595-A9FA-8C90B5491A7B (resized).jpeg
#7046 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Starting to contemplate getting into the pinball game but I just don't know if I can justify the prices of them. World Cup 94 was the one that I always played a ton when I was a kid however I haven't played one in at least 20 years. I would like to play one a little bit if I can find one around me to see if it's something I would still really enjoy or not.

There is a pinball show October 8 and 9th in York PA at the Fair Grounds. I can't guarantee there will be a World Cup there but there is a pretty good chance one may be for you to test out. Its called the White Rose Gameroom Show

#7047 2 years ago

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and head to Crabtowne either tomorrow or next weekend.

#7048 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Here are some pics of my completed restoration for those that commented on the wire forms

I'm a sucker for bright colors (think Rollercoaster Tycoon) AND I don't care for gold metal. This looks much, much better to me!

#7049 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and head to Crabtowne either tomorrow or next weekend.

Well I went to Crabtowne USA yesterday and with unlucky timing, it was closed with a sign on the door stating they will be closed from October 2nd to October 10th for a vacation.

So looks like I'll have to wait a bit more to try it out.

#7050 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Well I went to Crabtowne USA yesterday and with unlucky timing, it was closed with a sign on the door stating they will be closed from October 2nd to October 10th for a vacation.
So looks like I'll have to wait a bit more to try it out.

Tragic!
Well let's hope the old saying
"good things come to those who wait" holds true.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 180.00
$ 159.00
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.