(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 170.
#651 10 years ago

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the my world cup soccer that I acquired a little over a month ago. I purchased this pin knowing it needed some work but I have hit a wall. My kids are all over me to fix it and I'm just as bad as they are. We really want to start playing it. So here is my issue

I receive a "Slam tilt switch closed" message and unable to play the game.

Slam tilts are not closed. I disconnected both slam tilt connectors in cabinet, still have message on DMD.

If I take out the white-brown wire from J209 1 on the CPU the error goes away allowing the game to start. But when I go to play the right free kick fires about 7 times and quits and will not work during play. What is really odd is the front skill shot opto will not work (works during switch test), but if I hold my finger over the front skill opto during play the free kick will fire. Also if the ball hits the middle bumper the left sling shot will fire but if the ball hits the left sling shot the middle bumper will not fire ( I'm guessing a diode problem, but they appear to check out fine?). Slam tilt and free kick are in the same column on Switch Matrix. Skill shot front and slam tilt on same row . All of these playfield problems could obviously be due to the fact I have taken the wire off the J209 1 pin but im not for sure.

I think the problem is in the playfield since the Slam tilt disappears when I unhook J209 pin1 from the CPU

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Scott

#652 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Feeling better by the minute...

Well...I get the dumbass of the night award.....decided I was not losing this auction.....ended up paying $465.00 for the right side ramp.....add that to the Australian left side, and I've got 6 bills in plastic....a third of what I paid for the whole machine......geez.....I have a problem......guess I'll look for a Brooklyn Bridge to bid on now.....go ahead, thrash away, I deserve it.......

#653 10 years ago

Hi wonder if anyone can help point me in the right direction. I have an f114 fuse blowing on my wpc, I've done a bit research and looks like I may need to replace br1 and check c6 and c7. Led 6 is out which also apparently indicates this, it basically means that a18 volt at tp8 supply is not present.
Also the machine has over the last few months reset itself a few times and I've got to reset the coins audits every time which is a bit of a pain as it is on site.
My question is may this br1 be the underlying cause of all the resets and it has finally given up the ghost or is this likely to be a separate problem and I need to get a pin technician out which will cost money and prob a lot more time out of action?

also does anyone know what type,voltages etc the new br needs to be when I'm looking?

#654 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well...I get the dumbass of the night award.....decided I was not losing this auction.....ended up paying $465.00 for the right side ramp.....add that to the Australian left side, and I've got 6 bills in plastic....a third of what I paid for the whole machine......geez.....I have a problem......guess I'll look for a Brooklyn Bridge to bid on now.....go ahead, thrash away, I deserve it.......

#655 10 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

I did it... I finally purchased my first pin. Ready or not I've joined this club. I mined for 5 months, at least twice a day through here, craigslist, Mr. Pinball, and because I'm in Vancouver; Kijiji, MAACA and Pinball Revolution. I was really surprised to get a great deal from a terrific seller through craigslist of all places. I would have bet on any of the others. Especially after so many fakes, etc. on craigslist.
I was originally hoping to purchase either WPT, T2 or HS2 and this really wasn't on my radar. I didn't even see the ad until someone showed it to me. Lucky for me everything worked out and I'm now the proud owner of this fun pin in great condition.
I'm looking forward to installing LED's and floods. I want it to look like this...
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-a-wcs-updated-jpop-lineup-beforeafter-lighting-pics
Thanks in advance for the help I'm sure your going to give me in the future.
Manhattan.

The pics I posted in this thread a couple pages ago used the same LED kit he put together. It was awesome! The only changes I made were to swap out a couple purple bulbs in the backbox to scale back how purple it was, and to reduce the amount of strip lighting under the backbox by covering up some of the leds. I didn't post a pic of that change but it softens the lighting a little bit while still keeping it bright and playable. pinballbulbs.com is the site for the kit. It looks like they changed the lighting at the rear to cyan instead of purple and kept the purple towards the front. It looks GREAT on my machine! I also like the spots that come with the kit.

FYI if anyone is going to the Louisville Arcade Expo in March, I will have this machine there to play.

#656 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

holy shit! i wouldnt pay over 100 for a replacement ramp. you could always not pay for it and take the negative feedback

#657 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

holy shit! i wouldnt pay over 100 for a replacement ramp. you could always not pay for it and take the negative feedback

I'm debating that now...got caught up in the heat of the battle.....just stuck $500 as a max when I got pissed at the $200.00.... there might have been a ghost bidder that was just jacking the price....woke up this morning and still in disbelief....

#658 10 years ago

I'm going to reach out to seller this morning and see if he would be willing to let the other bidder have it for $450...

#659 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm going to reach out to seller this morning and see if he would be willing to let the other bidder have it for $450...

Yeah, good luck with that

#660 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Yeah, good luck with that

I know...got no one to blame but myself....should have let it go....probably pay for it and have it gold plated and use as a topper on the machine....not feeling very ebay savvy at the moment....I've been sucked in before on other things....

#661 10 years ago

link up the original auction so we can see if it appears to be shill. That seems CRAZY high for a single ramp that is getting made sometime this years likley...

#662 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

link up the original auction so we can see if it appears to be shill. That seems CRAZY high for a single ramp that is getting made sometime this years likley...

this is true unless the other person put in a crazy high value to try and snipe it.

#663 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ebay.com link: itm

already got the bill of course.....

#664 10 years ago

my thoughts exactly....I was ok w/ 50, started griping @ $100 (but that's what the left ramp costs from the Austrailian guy)....then I just lost my mind.....went to $200.00 and should have ran then....I plugged in $500.00 and said F... it..ran it up heavy at the end.
I have zero negative feedback, but man I may have to do it here...it's my fault and buy alot off e-bay, and don't want to come off like a deadbeat....

#665 10 years ago

I wish I would have seen this earlier. Marco has this ramp in stock for $60.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9108.2

#666 10 years ago

Would like to buy one in Michigan if anyone has one for sale.. Thanks!

#667 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I wish I would have seen this earlier. Marco has this ramp in stock for $60.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9108.2

This is officially a nightmare now....I shop Marco all the time...unbelievable....

#668 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

ebay.com link
already got the bill of course.....

I would not pay. That is NOT a NOS ramp in the ebay auction. I am 90% sure that is the reproduction that was made and the exact same one from Marcos website. I would message the seller and let them know you overbid and thought it was New Old Stock and it is now apparent that it is in fact the same reproduction available at macros.

I normally would not condone anyone not paying on ebay but in this case it appears the seller picked this up and was hoping that someone else would not know they could get the same thing as marcos for way cheaper.

#669 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would not pay. That is NOT a NOS ramp in the ebay auction. I am 90% sure that is the reproduction that was made and the exact same one from Marcos website. I would message the seller and let them know you overbid and thought it was New Old Stock and it is now apparent that it is in fact the same reproduction available at macros.
I normally would not condone anyone not paying on ebay but in this case it appears the seller picked this up and was hoping that someone else would not know they could get the same thing as marcos for way cheaper.

I just sent him an email with pretty much the same theme. I know I bid the amount, but something fishy here....and for that kind of money, I'm going to have to try. I'm an accountable guy, but a mistake was made...let you know what he says.....

#670 10 years ago

Been a bit crazy on eBay in general lately.....time to slow that roll....sorry for bringing an otherwise great thread down a bit.....I won't clutter it up with this stuff....just start a new thread as it progresses....thanks for listening guys....mark

#671 10 years ago

I'm as honest a guy as they come... but there is no way I would pay for that auction, better to just take the negative feedback. If there were multiple bidders he can relist it and still make money, sounds fishy anyways..

#672 10 years ago

The way the other bidder went up repeatedly in small increments for a long duration of time is very odd to say the least. That said, your bidding was pretty odd also

#673 10 years ago

Send a message like this:

"Sorry to inform you, but my husband died of a heart attack when he saw the auction results. I'm sure it won't surprise to you know that he won't be making good on his end of the deal to buy the ramp. Best wishes, and I hope you understand.

-Mrs. MK6PIN."

That should work.

#674 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The way the other bidder went up repeatedly in small increments for a long duration of time is very odd to say the least. That said, your bidding was pretty odd also

Agreed...I was toying with it for awhile, then got pissed and threw the 500 at it as I was not going to be beaten ( idiot, I know)...he's already responded to my request stating that I had a perfect rating and have been a member a long time, and should know how to avoid a bidding war....claims he bought it at Texas pinball festival and it is nos...I told him we both knew it wasn't worth that kind of money, and would he consider a second chance offer to the other bidder, or make the price more reasonable.....feeling like crap right now, as ultimately , I'm the one who screwed up...

#675 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed...I was toying with it for awhile, then got pissed and threw the 500 at it as I was not going to be beaten ( idiot, I know)...he's already responded to my request stating that I had a perfect rating and have been a member a long time, and should know how to avoid a bidding war....claims he bought it at Texas pinball festival and it is nos...I told him we both knew it wasn't worth that kind of money, and would he consider a second chance offer to the other bidder, or make the price more reasonable.....feeling like crap right now, as ultimately , I'm the one who screwed up...

Don't pay it. Seriously. There is no reason to. Mistakes happen.

#676 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Don't pay it. Seriously. There is no reason to. Mistakes happen.

I'll wait for his response,and if not reasonable, I'm not paying......don't like the negative feedback, but I have a right to make a mistake once in awhile......just can't pay that for a ramp....I'm heading to the Texas Pinball Festival in March...Hopefully I don't run into him.....joy

#677 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll wait for his response,and if not reasonable, I'm not paying......don't like the negative feedback, but I have a right to make a mistake once in awhile......just can't pay that for a ramp....I'm heading to the Texas Pinball Festival in March...Hopefully I don't run into him.....joy

don't worry about it. Since the EXACT same ramp is available from Marco for $60, tell him you will pay him $120 (double the original cost) for your dumb ass attack or he can just relist it for someone else to buy. The opposing bidder tactics look suspicious at best and it is NOT NOS. In conjunction 1 negative feedback does not mean jack as a buyer. If you are a seller then it could scare some people away but that is even unlikely. Most people understand crap happens.

#678 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Take the negative feedback and the non paying bidder complaint. Unless you sell a lot of things on ebay the negative feedback is not worth worrying about. Things happen and sometimes sellers flake on deals when they dont get the last minute bids they thought they would. I worked full time on ebay for years and these things happen. The non paying bidder complaint will allow the seller will receive a refund of their fees if the other higher bidder doesn't want to honor their bid.

#679 10 years ago

I agree. Don't waste your money when one for almost 10 times less is available. Who cares about the neg feedback. I know you feel bad for the seller but he can certainly get a second chance offer (unless he had someone bidding up) or relist it.

#680 10 years ago

He has offered to come down to $220.00 including shipping, and I'm going to take it. It's not the feedback as much as my gut telling me to do the right thing, being he respected my request. Comes w decals, so w shipping, I probably lost around $120 for being stupid. Lesson learned...thanks guys for listening and advice. I will eat cheese sandwiches for a couple weeks for lunch as payback to my pb budget ( I like cheese anyway)...mark

#681 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

He has offered to come down to $220.00 including shipping, and I'm going to take it. It's not the feedback as much as my gut telling me to do the right thing, being he respected my request. Comes w decals, so w shipping, I probably lost around $120 for being stupid. Lesson learned...thanks guys for listening and advice. I will eat cheese sandwiches for a couple weeks for lunch as payback to my pb budget ( I like cheese anyway)...mark

no WAY! even fishier now! Why the hell would he agree to $220 when the other bidder stopped at $450.

There is NO doubt in my mind that he used the 2nd bidder to schill you and now he is happy to get something rather than nothing.

#682 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no WAY! even fishier now! Why the hell would he agree to $220 when the other bidder stopped at $450.
There is NO doubt in my mind that he used the 2nd bidder to schill you and now he is happy to get something rather than nothing.

Yep.

#683 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Shit...probably right....here's his reply:

"Dear msdkcng,

You placed your bids to decide value on your own and you had a choice to stop your bidding.

I checked bidding history and bids from other guy. This resulted in loss of sale to other guy so my attempt to meet you somewhere in middle due to your commitment to purchase due to winning bidder, then I will accept $220 (that also covers eBay fees and shipping).

John

- mrazek_family"

#684 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Shit...probably right....here's his reply:
"Dear msdkcng,
You placed your bids to decide value on your own and you had a choice to stop your bidding.
I checked bidding history and bids from other guy. This resulted in loss of sale to other guy so my attempt to meet you somewhere in middle due to your commitment to purchase due to winning bidder, then I will accept $220 (that also covers eBay fees and shipping).
John
- mrazek_family"

You can start another account

Don't pay 220 for a 60 dollar item.

#685 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

You can start another account
Don't pay 220 for a 60 dollar item.

You're right..screw it...one negative mark won't kill me, and he'll have to get over it.....ordering the Marco now....I'll copy you guys on my response...should be some fun reading....sorry again for putting some garbage in an otherwise clean and fun Club thread.....

#686 10 years ago

And my response :

After giving this thought, I really don't understand why you would take $220. When the other "bidder" stopped at $450.00. Sounds like schilling to me, and I'm out. I'll take the negative mark if you choose, but believe eBay will have their own take on it. Good luck w the relist...

#687 10 years ago

Me, reading the last day or so of posts...

mjpopcorn.gifmjpopcorn.gif
#688 10 years ago

It's getting there!!

WP_20140220_19_09_21_Pro.jpgWP_20140220_19_09_21_Pro.jpg

#689 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

It's getting there!!

WP_20140220_19_09_21_Pro.jpg 218 KB

Very nice!!! I've got one of the Rocks under cabinet LED test kits to install hopefully this weekend..will post vid...

#690 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And my response :
After giving this thought, I really don't understand why you would take $220. When the other "bidder" stopped at $450.00. Sounds like schilling to me, and I'm out. I'll take the negative mark if you choose, but believe eBay will have their own take on it. Good luck w the relist...

Great read, screw that guy the whole thing sounds fishy! Enjoy your $60 ramp from Marco.. Lol

#691 10 years ago

Seriously, the guy should feel bad for even asking for that much when he knows full well there are ramps out there for $60.

#692 10 years ago

So, for the WCS fan club, which one do you prefer? Playfield spots or no spots? (not quite that 'blue' in person, cameras don't do well with that color temp for some reason)

WP_20140220_19_09_02_Pro.jpgWP_20140220_19_09_02_Pro.jpgWP_20140221_17_00_03_Pro.jpgWP_20140221_17_00_03_Pro.jpg

#693 10 years ago

I think it looks nice with the spots!

#694 10 years ago

I like the spots....was thinking about putting white led strips above each of the backboard "stadium lights"... Thoughts??

#695 10 years ago

I have some back and 'drain' lights, I'll give them a go too...

#696 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I have some back and 'drain' lights, I'll give them a go too...

Excellent...I got the interactive under cab light kit yesterday...might give it a go tonight ( have to rebuild the flippers first ) ....will post some video when done...mark

#697 10 years ago

Here's the final product, the teal strip at the back too much?

WP_20140222_21_53_19_Pro.jpgWP_20140222_21_53_19_Pro.jpg

#698 10 years ago

These all look great. I definitely prefer with spots. I find the playfield way to dark to play in an unlit room. Especially with my incandescent setup. I noticed that you placed both spots on the lower sling post. In the before/after pic from 'Pinbulbs' they mounted left spot on the lower sling post and the right on the upper. Any reason or just they way you placed them on? I'm looking forward to an LED swap and spots in near future...

#699 10 years ago

Yeah, before I mounted them permanently tried them up one one post, I prefered them to double the light at the bottom. Maybe I'll give it a go again.

#700 10 years ago

A proud new owner of an almost complete wcs 94. However, it is completely torn down and in three boxes. I've begun putting it all back together. What a project! I'm almost done with the lower playfield wiring. The machine is missing three parts:

When I bought this, all of the boards have been parted. I've since bought replacements. However, I don't have the metal pcb mounting plate.

I also need the 21 lamp pcb. That is missing too

Lastly, I need the backbox door with the lights. The door lights the translite and protects the pcb's.

Does anyone know of replacements for any of these parts? Or have a spare of any of these?

Thanks, I appreciate the help. This will be a long project but is coming along nicely so far. This thread is awesome and will be a huge help as I rebuild this thing.

Torin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.