(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 170.
#6901 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The one thing I did

Hey Chuck do you have any streams or YouTube’s of this pin, I could use some pointers.

#6902 2 years ago

Much appreciated.

#6903 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Avoid Cliffies in this game. They mess with gameplay too much. Just protect the saucer edges and scoop edges with Mylar.
Color dmd as always, and I also got a cool little scoop light mod from Lee’s mods.

I would say maybe just Cliffy the Final Draw Scoop? It doesnt really effect the ball path at all. And it takes a pretty good beating.
But I agree on the saucers...they completely divert the ball sometimes and keep it from dropping in if rolling too slow. My game game with the full set of cliffys installed. Only reason I left the saucer ones in is because they are blown out without them.

#6904 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

It doesnt really effect the ball path at all. And it takes a pretty good beating.

Mine was Mylar only for 5 years or so. Zero additional wear if that matters.

#6905 2 years ago

Could use some help here. I've scanned this threat but can't find pictures of my 'problem area.' Out of nowhere, my soccer ball stopped spinning. The motor works on test, so I fear it's something to do with the gears in the housing of the assembly.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to the assembly off the underside of the playfield. The manual doesn't help either. Does anyone have any pictures, or instructions on how to disassemble, access, and rebuild the motor mount gearbox thingy?

#6906 2 years ago

I'm going to bet a wire has come off...

#6907 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I'm going to bet a wire has come off...

The motor works fine in test. When I secure the motor back to the bracket, i can hear the motor spinning, but the ball doesn't spin. I don't think it's catching a gear correctly, as I can freely spin the ball on the topside without the motor gear moving.... if that makes sense.

#6908 2 years ago

Yeah, I read that too fast, my apologies.

If it is a gearbox/motor issue, Marco has them readily available.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7996.1

#6909 2 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Could use some help here. I've scanned this threat but can't find pictures of my 'problem area.' Out of nowhere, my soccer ball stopped spinning. The motor works on test, so I fear it's something to do with the gears in the housing of the assembly.
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to the assembly off the underside of the playfield. The manual doesn't help either. Does anyone have any pictures, or instructions on how to disassemble, access, and rebuild the motor mount gearbox thingy?

Try loosening the two screws that connect the motor to the gearbox. It can adjust the pinion's location enough to catch. But eventually the gears, the pinion, or both wear out, so you'll eventually want to go with the Marco replacement.

#6910 2 years ago

Goalie Target Available - made from original artwork and original prints for correct durometer foam ... newly made so does not have 25 year old foam!

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-91341&Store_Code=PP

Planetary Pinball

PPS-03-91341 (resized).jpgPPS-03-91341 (resized).jpg
#6911 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Goalie Target Available - made from original artwork and original prints for correct durometer foam ... newly made so does not have 25 year old foam!
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-91341&Store_Code=PP
Planetary Pinball[quoted image]

Literally just bought the lexan version of this from marco.... damn.
I wonder if i should get this foam one...
Is there a huge difference between the two options?

#6912 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Literally just bought the lexan version of this from marco.... damn.
I wonder if i should get this foam one...
Is there a huge difference between the two options?

Yes. The Marco one is hot garbage.

If these are just like the OG target, you want the PPS one. Buy two!

#6913 2 years ago

I was under the impression this was the correct backing: https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/world-cup-plastic-goalie/

It's like a soft-rubber vs. hard plastic, but I wouldn't call it "foam."

#6914 2 years ago

Any1 know where i can get the soccer ball speaker covers here in Merica... only place i found them was pinball center in europe.

1 week later
#6915 2 years ago

Hello,

Asking for some help with Magna Safe. It lit up when game is started (it flashes while in attract mode) but Magna Safe and never works. I checked flipper switch and it's fine. I replaced Fliptronic board and all ribbon cables too but still not working. Any other suggestion which connectors or transistors to replace? Bad CPU?
Thanks.

#6916 2 years ago

Stupid question:

I just got another wcs again, and am having an issue I dont recall ever having. My kick out lane, sometimes a ball goes INTO from where it launches OUT from. Is this right?? It falls in there an awful lot. Should there not be a one way gate there to prevent this? I never recall that happening before.

Same sort of question to just left of the goalie. Sometimes it sneaks to the left and it awards me a city going the reverse way and hitting a spinner. Normal?

Little help please.

#6917 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Stupid question:
I just got another wcs again, and am having an issue I dont recall ever having. My kick out lane, sometimes a ball goes INTO from where it launches OUT from. Is this right?? It falls in there an awful lot. Should there not be a one way gate there to prevent this? I never recall that happening before.
Same sort of question to just left of the goalie. Sometimes it sneaks to the left and it awards me a city going the reverse way and hitting a spinner. Normal?
Little help please.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d28880a917df7d473536646a7c12ef4b9554dd36-1626539178-1800"};
//]]>

Question 1 - I don’t believe there should be a gate. Mine doesn’t have one and i get balls there often. Also the game awards you a “free kickback” when it does.

Question 2 - I believe you get credit for that left loop switch hit no matter which direction the ball triggers it. I’ve gotten some pretty lucky 40mill tea parties from a slow spinner hit to where the ball just hits it and then backtracks over it.

#6918 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Question 1 - I don’t believe there should be a gate. Mine doesn’t have one and i get balls there often. Also the game awards you a “free kickback” when it does.
Question 2 - I believe you get credit for that left loop switch hit no matter which direction the ball triggers it. I’ve gotten some pretty lucky 40mill tea parties from a slow spinner hit to where the ball just hits it and then backtracks over it.

Wow, I just cant remember this happening to me before. Thank you. I wonder if my pitch has anything to do with it. Appreciate the info

#6919 2 years ago

So this fell onto the playfield during a game. I can’t figure out where it belongs. Anyone?

4CD39FAE-3383-42EF-BED7-3A1DC33C1398 (resized).jpeg4CD39FAE-3383-42EF-BED7-3A1DC33C1398 (resized).jpeg

#6920 2 years ago

Finally I got my WCS!! Its in really good shape but I´ve noticed some "things" that I would like to confirm. I got a Fish tales and a Stern TMNT, and Im used to powerfull flippers and crazy play.

When I started playing, I feel like, wow, this one is much more "relaxed", the mechanical sounds are lower, the flippers feel good, but look like they´re not kicking ass as my others pins. I checked all the coils, and all of them works good but I feel like they´re slow (its the first pin I played that has scoop so maybe its just me), the shooter at the front of the goolie doesnt do a "powerful" shot...etc

I made ramps without problem, so maybe its just my apreciation, the game is not waxed so maybe that would help, but I also wanted to increase the degrees and Im afraid maybe I will stop doing the ramps, will check the EOS later but they looked good yesterday.

The balls, sometimes, when I hit final draw, dont come out, but the coil sounds...after some retries, it comes out. I´ve done several tests, and it worked good, so I guess they´re magnetized..could be? I will get new carbon ball asap.

Also, the rubber ball is throwing dirt to the playfield, so I guees I would take it out and manually take all the rubber dirt that is producing.

Appart from that, I love this pin, AWESOME play, fun!!

#6921 2 years ago

Sounds like a dirty machine. Start with the easy stuff: replacing all of the fuses with new and correct values, then go through and reseat all of the connectors a few times to clean the contacts.

#6922 2 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

So this fell onto the playfield during a game. I can’t figure out where it belongs. Anyone?
[quoted image]

Looks like the one above the tackle switch. I replaced mine in post number 6224 for reference. Got it from Marco https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1925-21.

#6923 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Sounds like a dirty machine. Start with the easy stuff: replacing all of the fuses with new and correct values, then go through and reseat all of the connectors a few times to clean the contacts.

Electrical connections like fuses and plugs can definitely add resistance to the circuit if dirty and a cleaning of the contacts/pins/fuse-holders might help. In extreme cases you might even need to re-pin some connectors, but doesn’t sound like you’ll need that.

But the first thing that comes to mind for me is a good flipper rebuild. At a minimum get new coil sleeve and coil stops… but a complete rebuild would most likely get some “zip in your flip”. That’s my guess for what it needs most. Don’t forget to gap the flippers properly after the rebuild so their is no friction between the flipper and the bushing.

#6924 2 years ago

Thanks for all your replies guys, will check that out.

Now I want to change my right slingshot plastic and it got a riveted piece of metal.

Whats the best way for this? Taking it out its just cutting it, but whats the size for these rivets? I guess putting them in and a hammer will do the trick.

#6925 2 years ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Thanks for all your replies guys, will check that out.
Now I want to change my right slingshot plastic and it got a riveted piece of metal.
Whats the best way for this? Taking it out its just cutting it, but whats the size for these rivets? I guess putting them in and a hammer will do the trick.

I just used a small nut, locking washer and bolt for mine.

#6926 2 years ago

Has anyone had any luck cleaning the soccer ball. Mine doesn’t look to bad but haven’t had much luck getting the ball marks off.

F1005A79-C60A-43EC-A6B1-9E86F350A1B3 (resized).jpegF1005A79-C60A-43EC-A6B1-9E86F350A1B3 (resized).jpeg
#6927 2 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

Has anyone had any luck cleaning the soccer ball. Mine doesn’t look to bad but haven’t had much luck getting the ball marks off.
[quoted image]

Never had to clean it before, but I would try taking the ball off the playfield and spay with simple green and lightly scrub with a magic eraser. I would be cautious around the black parts, it might remove the black lines. Good luck!

#6928 2 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

[quoted image]

Novus 2 works well on it

#6929 2 years ago

I used 97% alcohol (on the ball )

#6930 2 years ago

When a city is lit and I hit the left orbit and spinner well, the ball tends to travel straight down the kickback left outlane, rather than hit the post near the left sling. Is this supposed to happen? Anyone else had this issue? What is the best way to adjust it? I have the play field at 6.5 degrees. The ball really flies around the orbit and just shoots down the outlane.

Just stuck a section of felt pad on the metal guide just after the gate near the bumpers, and this has slightly reduced the ball speed through the orbit. The ball now enters the playfield correctly by hitting the left slingshot.

I guess my flipper rebuild increased the ball speed through the orbit, requiring the adjustment, or am I missing something here?

#6931 2 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

[quoted image]

As long as it doesn’t get too bad, novus 2 worked great for me.

#6932 2 years ago

I'm back in the club. As with all my games, I had to clean up the machine as best I can!

20210728_212007 (resized).jpg20210728_212007 (resized).jpg20210728_212017 (resized).jpg20210728_212017 (resized).jpg
#6933 2 years ago
Quoted from KeeperUSA:

When a city is lit and I hit the left orbit and spinner well, the ball tends to travel straight down the kickback left outlane, rather than hit the post near the left sling. Is this supposed to happen? Anyone else had this issue? What is the best way to adjust it? I have the play field at 6.5 degrees. The ball really flies around the orbit and just shoots down the outlane.
Just stuck a section of felt pad on the metal guide just after the gate near the bumpers, and this has slightly reduced the ball speed through the orbit. The ball now enters the playfield correctly by hitting the left slingshot.
I guess my flipper rebuild increased the ball speed through the orbit, requiring the adjustment, or am I missing something here?

I am also keen to see if there is an adjustment for this as I have just rebuilt my flippers and I have the same issue.

#6934 2 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

I am also keen to see if there is an adjustment for this as I have just rebuilt my flippers and I have the same issue.

Well they already described one adjustment option. The other is to loosen the ball guide and move it so it sends the ball on a different path.

#6935 2 years ago

Were there two different version of the original playfield? My new CPR playfield has a much lighter purple. I know the lighter purple matches some peoples original playfields, but my original playfield has a much deeper more vivid purple like in the pictures above.

#6936 2 years ago

Anyone have a translight for sale or know where one is available?

#6937 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

CPR has mirrored backglasses

#6938 2 years ago

Thanks Chuck - mine isnt terrible I just hate to see the light coming through in spots. not sure I want to make the investment in a mirrored for this game.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

CPR has mirrored backglasses

#6939 2 years ago

I was the same. My was browned a bit, but never replaced it.

#6940 2 years ago

Maybe someone out there who did a restored and bought a mirrored would want to part with their translite??

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was the same. My was browned a bit, but never replaced it.

#6941 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Maybe here

Dont know if available or how the quality is
Just spotted them on the interwebs two days ago

https://pinballdecalseu.com/shop/world-cup-soccer-pinball-translite/

#6942 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Any1 know where i can get the soccer ball speaker covers here in Merica... only place i found them was pinball center in europe.

Bump, I’m looking for speaker grills as well?

#6943 2 years ago

Hi guys, maybe a noob question but…is there any way to volume down the start up sound when plugging it on? You know, that “MECC”…it sounds everywhere at my place and is disgusting, tooo loud. Thanks

#6944 2 years ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Hi guys, maybe a noob question but…is there any way to volume down the start up sound when plugging it on? You know, that “MECC”…it sounds everywhere at my place and is disgusting, tooo loud. Thanks

All Bally williams do this.

And no.

#6945 2 years ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Plug your ears.

#6946 2 years ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Nope. Embrace the WPC start up sounds.

#6947 2 years ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Get a PinSound board and choose your own custom startup sound or no startup sound at all.

As a side bonus you can change ever other sound, call out, or song in the game!

#6948 2 years ago

Nope sorry..... Just turn on the switch..... and then let out a huge exhale and smile when you only hear 1 bong!

#6949 2 years ago

So my soccer ball motor is making a pretty loud noise. I replaced the motor, and that did literally nothing. Is there a way I can add a resistor to this motor to slow this super fast ball down, and then kill some of this god awful sound coming from this thing? Like go from 12 volts to 8 or 9?

I only ask because when the ball is slowly spinning it is very quiet. And I don't think I need this ball spinning a million miles an hour to crush the shit out of every plastic within 100 miles of the thing.

#6950 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Well they already described one adjustment option. The other is to loosen the ball guide and move it so it sends the ball on a different path.

Thanks. I have just adjusted the ball guide as I have stripped my playfield down. Will see if this fixes the issue once I have it all back together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 159.00
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/139?hl=crabbypatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.